The Right Wrong Number

By Author_AMichelle

(⚠️Currently re-editing this as of January 2023⚠️) Mia is a nonsense, tell it like it is woman. Her idgaf att... More

Character Introduction
Chapter 2: Mia Palucci
Chapter 3: Construction
Chapter 4: Ugh...Date
Chapter 5: Good morning...Baby
Chapter 6: Two can play this game
Chapter 7: Good Boy
Chapter 8: Happy Birthday, Mr. James
Chapter 9: Life or Death making up
Chapter 10: Stress Relief / Fight Me
Chatper 11: 😁😜🤔🤭🤬
Chapter 12: Secrets
Chapter 13: Will you....die?
Chapter 14: It's You and I forever
Chapter 15: What about the future?
Chapter 16: Meetings & Babysitting
Bonus Chapter: The Kings
Chapter 17: Happy Birthday, Ms. Palluci
Chapter 18: Lets Vibe
Chapter 19: Italy
Chapter 20: This Sucks...Dinner
Chapter 21: The Italy Wedding
Chapter 22: The Honeymoon Pt1
Chapter 23: The Honeymoon pt2
Chapter 24: The Way Home
Chapter 25: Lets Eat
Chapter 26: Wedding Daze
Chapter 27: Let's get married...again
Chapter 28: Over This Shit
Chapter 29: No Sleep for the Wicked

Chapter 1: Elijah James

11.8K 244 39
By Author_AMichelle

Ok so I've decided to some what re-write this. If you've read it there will be obvious changes you'll see. I'm mostly just adding more details in certain situations and the progression of the relationships isn't so fast. This is all in hopes of an ending I actually like. It's why this was never finished. I hated every ending I wrote. I could've put one out but I didn't think half assing it was fair to y'all.
👏 So...
I hope you guys enjoy this even more...

I've been in Miami for a month and I'm bored out of my fucking mind. The sex and parties use to be fun but with my birthday coming up, I've started to think about what I've done with my life. I'm turning 30 in a little over 4 months and what do I have to show for it?

Yes, I have more money than I know what the fuck to do with but what use is it if I'm miserable. I have plenty of "friends" but I'm positive most stick around just because I pay for everything. Honestly I know Taz and Ari are my only real friends. They're the only two people in the world who don't "Yes sir" me. I swear I could say the most ridiculous thing and these "friends" would tell me it's the greatest thing in the world while Ari and Taz will tell me to shut the fuck up. They are like my brother and sister. I've known both of them since we were all 7. Back when my family moved to the states from Italy.

"Aye E...you up man?" I hear Taz yell as he comes closer to my room.

"Yeah, bro. Why are you here so early?" I say more aggressively than intended.

"Just wanted to see if you were up and ready for that meeting with Emilio. Shits in like an hour."

I roll my eyes at the sound of that bitch boys name. Emilio fucknugget De La Cruz. If people actually had mortal enemies he would definitely be mine. I loathe that asshole with a passion. He's always been jealous that I've always been able to outdo him. Not really my fault though. He tries to cut corners but I do the hard work. My family has money but I've never touch a dime of it. I'm a self made billionaire and he's a trust fund prick. Anything I do he tries to do it and anything I have he wants it. He just fails so hard which is why I assume he hates me so much. It's crazy to think at one point we were actually kind of close.

"Unfortunately, I did remember. Remind me why I'm being forced to meet with him again?" I say. My annoyance dripping in my words.

"He has some "new project" he says you won't be able to say no to." Taz says also obviously annoyed as well.

"Fine. I'll go but if this is anything illegal I'm leaving. You know how he is and I won't let him drag me into some shit that I'll some how end up taking the fall for...again" I say getting up from my bed and heading into my bathroom.

"I'm right there with you. You know I never trusted that asshole even when you two were friends. Dude is just fuckin shady" He says as he leaves my room.

I think about his words. Back in the day when Emilio did roll with us Taz always tried to warn me about him. He always said something about him was off. I just took it as Taz being the over-protective best friend slash brother he's always been. Now I take his words to heart more than ever.

Once I'm dressed I head downstairs and see Taz eating cereal in the kitchen. I chuckle and grab some coffee.

"What's the point of me having people who'll cook you anything you want and you eat cereal?" I laugh and take a sip from my mug

"You pay them to cook for you. You're not wasting your money on me for something I can do my damn self." He says this while still chewing.

...so fuckin disgusting

"How many times do I have to tell you to swallow first then speak?" He knows that annoys the fuck out of me.

"Sorry, Daddy. Want me to lick your fucking tant after I swallow?" He laughs "Bitch, if you'd stop talking to me while I eat, we wouldn't have this problem now would we?"

After rolling my eyes I grab my phone and check some emails. Once he's finally finished he says he's going to take a piss before we leave.

After about 20 minutes of driving and Taz telling me what's on my schedule for the week we hit a bit of traffic.

"Oh...here. That's the number to that chick that was all over you the other night" he says shaking his head.

"Which one?" My tone is flat and he knows it's because I genuinely don't care or know who he's talking about.

"Blonde, long legs, huge....personality" We both laugh as he makes gestures over his chest.

"Still doesn't explain why you're giving that to me" I don't call women who try so hard to get me. I'm not a cocky prick but I know I'm attractive. But most just want me for my money. I had to learn that the hard way after my last relationship.

"Her pops is Matthew St. John" he says in a matter of fact tone.

Matt St. John is one of those type of men who had ridiculous amounts of money and was always looking for new things to invest his money in. Not that I need it but if I had him in my pocket my future projects would do great with that type of name backing me.

I look at the number and want to punch Taz in the chest.

"So how am I supposed to call her when the number is fucked?" I show him the napkin it's written on. The last number is smudged.

"Well that was either a 8 or a 6. Not sure which. It was already folded when she gave it to me" He shrugs and hands it back to me.

We pull up to the warehouse where the meet up with Emilio is supposed to happen. Looking at this place. It's definitely drugs...I shake my head and park. I get out only because I'm a man of my word. If I say I'll do something I will. Lucky for me the moment he opens his mouth for it I'm walking the fuck out.

We walk inside and there's a group of people inside. Not all Emilio's men though. I recognize some as Russians and some of them I'm positive work for the Mexican cartel leader...I'm not getting involved but this might be interesting to watch.

And there he is...King Dickhead himself.

"Why am I here, De La Cruz?" I say coldly to Emilio.

"Hello to you too, Elijah" he says with a smile on his face. All I can think about is snapping his fucking neck. "You're here so you can see and eventually invest in something I've been working on."

"And what might that be?" I raise an eyebrow to make it seem like I'm interested but I couldn't care less.

"Well I've made some new connections and I've been able to secure a deal with Juan Artezian. He's agreed to cut me a deal and sell me a very large portion of his products." He says smugly

He has to be fucking with me!

"So drugs? You had me drive all the way out here to this shit-hole for fucking drugs? You're the last motherfucker I'd work with for obvious reasons and I'd never be stupid enough to get mixed into some drug shit with you. If you haven't guess my answer it's a hard fucking pass for me." I say and start to walk away.

"You see that fellas. The great Elijah James...scared to get his hands a little dirty? Guess the James kingdom isn't what it use to be. Wonder how old Jonah would feel about how soft his grandson has gotten."He says while laughing

I turn back and just look at him. I know he's goading me to agree but this weak shit isn't gonna work on me.

"You obviously know who my grandfather is so you know how my family gained power. But clearly you've forgotten who the fuck I am. I'm not scared of shit and you know that." I say in a flat tone "But let's not forget. The last time I made this type of deal with you, you sold me out to the fucking Feds and I took the fall for you. Not gonna happen again, De La Cruz. So miss me with this bullshit." I look at the other men. I can tell they're rethinking their choice to come here. I laugh and shake my head. "If I could trust you not to run your mouth the minute shit goes south I could consider it but we both know you'll sell anybody else out to save your own ass...so again. It's a hard fucking pass."

Taz and I walk out and get back in the car. I'm fucking pissed and instead of emptying a mag in his fucking chest I do the right thing and leave. Taz was hungry again so we went to get food. I've heard of people using food to deal with unwanted emotions so maybe I won't wanna go back and torture that limp dick asshole. Once at the restaurant we get a private table in the back and order.

"Don't do it."

I hear Taz say as I stare at the menu in my hands. I hate how well he knows me. I wasn't really looking the food options but thinking of ways to kill De La Cruz.

"I'm not doing anything."

"I didn't say stop doing it. I said don't do it."

"I don't kn-"

"Don't fucking lie to me. I know you well enough to know what's going on inside your head, E. Killing him won't make you feel better and it won't give you back the years you spent locked up. You're not the same hot headed kid from back then. Don't let him take you back there man."

I knew he was right. He usually was and it annoyed me because I know, he knows he's right.

"Fine. You may have a point. But you know my issue with that fottuto stronzo. Non posso credere che abbia avuto la fottuta audacia di chiedermi di incontrarlo fin dall'inizio. Come se non avesse rubato 10 anni della mia vita, cazzo! (Fucking asshole. I can't believe he had the fucking audacity to ask me to meet him in the first place. Like he didn't fucking steal 10 years of my life.)

"Calm down. I swear you only speak Italian when you're raging out."

"Not true. It comes out even more when I fuck."

"Yeah, I'm aware. You forget we lived together before you got into that shitty relationship. Anyways all I mean is I get why it makes you angry but don't let him have so much power over you."

"I'm trying man. He just has such a killable face"

"Yeah. Yeah. So you gonna call that chick or what?"

"Shit. I completely forgot about her. Still can't tell what the fuck this number is supposed to be."

I dial what I think it might be and call

Call

Her: "Hello?"
Me: "Hi, Gorgeous. "
Her: "Uh who is this?"
Me: "Damn you forgot me already, love?"
Her: "Tell me who you are or fuck off. I don't have time for this shit"
Me: "It's Elijah"
Her: "O—Kay? Does that mean something to me? Elijah who?"
Me: "Seriously? Elijah James"

Fuck...did I actually call me wrong number?

Me: "you wouldn't happen to be the pretty blonde I meet at the club last night would you?"

Her: "Hell no. Seems like you're pretty blonde gave you a fake number."

Me: "No she didn't... " I chuckle "the number was smudge on the napkin. I called the first thing that looked right but lucky for me it lead me to some woman with an extremely sexy voice."

Her: "Wow...does that ever actually work?" She laughs and my fucking cock twitches "do you call random numbers trying to hook up with woman?"

Me: "No. Trust me when I say I have no trouble getting women. They have trouble getting me"

Her: "Well that's nice for you but I'm not the blonde you're looking for so kindly fuck off, Mr. James."

She hangs up before I can say anything else. I look at my phone. I can't do anything but laugh.

Who the fuck was this girl and where does she get off hanging up on me?

I look up at Taz and he's eating and looking at me in amusement.

"Who was that?" He says with a mouth full of food.

"Don't know. Wrong number clearly but she first said the blonde gave me a fake number, then said I call random numbers to pick up women, and then hung up on me...me! Who the fuck does she think she is?"

"Sounds like she got under your skin, bro" He said laughing.

She definitely didn't get under my skin. No one can do that. I'm just annoyed she hung up on me. I loathe that. It's like one of my biggest pet peeves. But oh well. Eventually I dial the correct number and get ahold of the blonde.. er...Ester.

What 20 year old is named Ester?

She works for her father so she already set up a meeting for next week. After we eat we head to one of my clubs. I have paper work to do and the sooner I start the sooner I can go back home. I use to love partying but lately it's the last thing I want to do.

After about 3 hours of paperwork and calls I finally take a break. I pick up my phone and scroll through my calls. When I notice the 'wrong number' girl's number from earlier. I'm almost tempted to call back just to hang up on her.

Petty? Yup.

After what felt like 10 minutes of staring at her number I finally call.

Call

Her: "Hello?"
Me: "well hello again"
Her: "Mr James."
Me: " awww you remember me. Missed me huh?"

Her: "well seeing as you did this same thing only a few hours ago it was easy to figure out who you were, dickhead. Why are you calling me again? Didn't find your pretty blonde?"

Me: "...actually I did. It was a 8 not a 6 so I called back to apologize for bothering you earlier"

Her: "oh okay...well good for you."

Me: "yeah I...

She hung up on me...AGAIN!

I was about to call her back to curse her out when I decided to text her instead. ...iMessage. That means she has an IPhone. I decide to FaceTime her this time. I gotta see who she is. She better be hot as fuck to hang up on me twice. Also I might have purposely taken my shirt off before I called her...don't judge me

FaceTime Call

When she finally answered me she was inside of a car.

Her: "Serio...fuck me..."

Me: "What was that?" I laugh

god she has the sexiest lips

Her: "uh nothing...why do you keep calling me? Are you stalking me or something?"

Me: "No, Beautiful. I'm not. I just don't like being hung up on. I was about to text you but I figured if it happened again I could at least put a face to the voice that seems to be annoyed by me so much. Nice to somewhat meet you...."

Her: "if you're waiting for me to tell you my name then you're gonna keep waiting. I don't know you. Just cause you're hot doesn't mean shit"

Just then I see another woman get into the car and called her Mia...

Pretty name

Her: "fuck...
Me: "Nice to meet you Mia. I'm Elijah"

Her: "yeah yeah don't care. Look sorry for hanging up but I need to go. It was...eh...weird to meet you"
Me: "You too. Thank you for not just hangi..."

She fucking hung up.

Normally I'd be seething by now. I'm still annoyed but just then I received a text

TEXT: Sorry for hanging up. That time wasn't on purpose. Anyways...stop calling me!!

I couldn't help but smile. I was so focused on her text I didn't even notice Ari and Taz had walked into my office.

"What's with the goofy ass smile?" Ari asked me.

I showed my recent calls to Taz and he laughed and shook his head.

"Oh that's just his new obsession" he says sitting down on the couch.

"Elijah...? Obsessed with something other than work? That doesn't sound right." she said sitting next to him.

"He called this random woman by accident earlier and she said he was a stalker and hung up him" Taz told her and she looked at me.

"A woman hung up on the Elijah James?" She joked

"Yeah. I called her back to apologize for calling earlier...she hung up again" I told them. They laughed. "Then I FaceTimed her"

"Wow you really are stalking her. What did she say? Is she at least cute?" Taz ask knowing that would be the only reason I'd keep calling.

"She still called me a stalker, but apologized for hanging up, and yes she is beyond beautiful. After talking for a few minutes...she hung up again" I tried to say quietly but they still heard me.

"Looks like the infamous Elijah James has met his match. Every girl wants you and this one can't get rid of you fast enough" Taz says laughing a little too hard for my liking.

"You like her don't you?" Ari ask with a serious face

"No...I was just curious that's all. I didn't even reply to her text."

"She text you?" Taz said getting serious. "Why?"

I look at my phone to read the text over "To apologize for hanging up the third time and to tell me to stop stalking her"

"You're going to text her aren't you?" I look at Ari wondering why she'd think I would do that.

"Wasn't planning on it. Honestly there's no reason to. Don't get me wrong. She's beautiful but it's a little weird. If I'd have meet her somewhere it would be different. I could ask her out but nah I think I'm good. Taz can you go back to my place and grab me a change of clothes? I thought this would be a quick day but I have got to much shit to finish so once I'm finished we can go have a few drinks before I leave. I'll shower here."

Best thing about owning the place was having a loft built into the top level of the building. I could sleep off hangovers here whenever I'd get drunk. But none of my new wardrobe was here. I'm a man with a reputation for wearing the best in new fashion. Can't be seen in what I came here in this afternoon.

"Ari go with him please. Don't let him fuck up my outfit." I chuckle.

They leave and I'm left with my thoughts. I'm trying to finish my work but I keep glancing at my phone. Should I text her? Nah I'm coming off as desperate. Plus I don't even know where she lives. I've only lived in Miami permanently for a month and I don't even know the area code. I google it and check her number. Ok well she at least lives here. But it's not like I'd ever see her unless I FaceTime'd her again and there's no fucking way I'd do that.

Ms Mia...it was nice speak to you but I need to focus and you are definitely a distraction...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 165K 136
A Stephen James book! (BWWM) "What the hell? No, get your ass in that house and beat Elijah's ass" she pulls me up "do you want to be with him?" "Of...
101K 3.3K 22
" vicious. " I whisper, he smirks and looks at me , " hello princess , long time no see." as he says that he gets out of his seat and walks towards...
2.3M 83K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
131K 4.6K 35
"Do you touch yourself Mia?" he whispers. I blush with embarrassment, but I can't lie to him at this moment. He's back in control. "Yes,"I breath out...