Managing you || Ryeji

Af itzyau

Shin Ryujin is a successful solo artist, best known in her home country, South Korea. Hwang Yeji is her new m... Mere

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue

Chapter 48

11.7K 482 919
Af itzyau

(Author's note: violence trigger warning but it's not too graphic so...)

Ryujin felt conflicted to say the least.

Finally everything was clear, all that had been on her mind for years had been explained. All the questions answered. Everything made sense in that moment. It was as if the weight of the world had been lifted off her shoulders.

Yet she felt terrible. Because Ryujin had made a terrible mistake. Granted, it had been a justified mistake. But it was still making her feel bad about it. Yeji had never meant to betray her. Yet for years, her heart had been filled with hatred, while Yeji suffered in silence. She hadn't been the only one suffering and it pained her.

Ryujin knew her. She knew how good the other woman was. How could she have been fooled into believing she was such a bad person? How could she have hated her so much?

But it wasn't too late. Sure, they wasted years of their lives being far apart and on bad terms. But now that she knew the truth, Ryujin was never going to let go of Yeji.

In whatever capacity that might be.

Yeonjun told her that Yeji had gone to talk to her parents, after telling him she wanted to inform them they'd be divorcing and would be saying goodbye to them. Surely, she would be heartbroken afterwards. The Hwangs were not kind people and forgiveness was not in their vocabulary.

Yeji was about to go against her parents and get herself disowned.

This information was almost as shocking as everything she had been learning about the reality around her.

Yeji just wouldn't stop surprising her.

But would she be okay?

Ryujin was worried. Her heart was both anxious about Yeji's consequences over her actions, and warm over how selfless and strong she had been.

Yeji married Yeonjun so he wouldn't lose everything. In reality, she didn't win anything with it. Only pain and being able to protect Ryujin, her family and Yeonjun.

'Hwang Yeji, you beautiful human being.'

Once she entered her car, she pulled out her phone and texted the ITZY girls. She's not sure if Yeji had informed them but judging by how they hadn't talked to Ryujin yet, she assumed not.

Ryujin locked her phone, smiling as she looked out of the window. Looking at the view and thinking about a certain cat eyed girl.

This time, she wouldn't let Yeji face everything on her own. This time, she would be right next to her.

That's why she was on her car at the moment, on her way to Yeji's parents house. Where Yeonjun had told her that she would be.

The house in front of her was big. When she says big, she means a mansion. It was a freaking mansion.

Ryujin had never actually seen it, not even in photos. But, judging by everything she was told by Yeji and by the explanation to the events that had occurred through the last few years, it wasn't surprising that they were really that rich.

"Why are my palms sweating?" She asked herself, feeling just how damp their hands were.

Truth was, she was nervous. And not at all looking forward to dealing with Yeji's parents. But she really didn't want to let her deal with it alone again. Especially when she was partially to blame for some of the pain and misery in her life.

Yeji had protected and fought for Ryujin. Now, she would repay her. Ryujin would support Yeji. Even if it meant dealing with her shitty parents.

So there she was, at the gate of this mansion.

'How am I going to get inside? They probably won't open it for her, will they?'

Luckily, the person that she spoke to, wasn't one of the Hwangs.

"Hwang residence. Who may this be?"

"Hey.. Hello. Is Miss Yeji here?"

"I'm sorry. Who is this? I cannot give such information without a name."

Ryujin pressed her lips together. "I'm a friend. Is she here?"

"I still need a name, Miss."

This was going to require a huge gamble on her part because once she said her name, she would for sure not be allowed inside.

"Listen, if she's there then I'm sure there must be some sort of fight going on. Am I right?" Ryujin was hoping, with everything in her, that this person wasn't like the Hwangs. That they had some human decency. "If you care at all for her well being, please let me inside."

"I can't. They-"

"If they fire you I will find you a better job. Just let me in, please. I know she's there and I know what they're capable of. You have to let me in. I can't let her deal with it on her own. Please."

The woman on the other side seemed to have left her talking to herself because no more noise came through the intercom.

Ryujin sighed. Plan B it is then. She must attempt to climb this fucking gate. Or the wall around the property.

As she began moving towards the gate, it opened.

'Shit. It worked. Yes.'

Before the person could change its mind, Ryujin ran inside, as fast as possible until she reached the front door.

A woman opened it, slowly and signaling for her to be quiet. Surely not wanting to be caught sneaking her inside.

Ryujin silently thanked her. Bless you, whoever you might be.

"You cannot do this. I will not allow it!"

"What were you thinking?"

"I'm sorry but I've grown really tired of doing as I'm told." That was Yeji's voice, she would recognize it anywhere.

"Who are you to raise your voice and say such thing? I ought to keep you here until you learn your lesson. Until you learn your place, young lady."

There was a noise and Ryujin unconsciously started to move towards the yelling. That sound. It sounded like someone had hit someone else. Hard.

'Tonight, I might just become a murder because I swear I'm gonna kill these assholes.'

She reached the room that the yelling had been coming from, it actually had only taken very few steps, revealing her presence to everyone in there.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Yeji's father yelled, looking between Ryujin and his daughter.

Yeji who was holding her cheek, tears in her eyes as she looked back at her in shock.

Her mother looked like she wanted to stab Ryujin countless times with the daggers in her eyes. She concluded that the feeling was mutual.

"Yeji." She spoke, reaching her hand despite their distance being significant.

She was still staring. Still holding her cheek. With tears still rolling down her cheeks. As if she was frozen.

Her father laughed, causing Ryujin's heart to start beating even faster than it already had been. His laughter sounded terrifying. His expression and eyes only made it more so.

"I should have just got rid of you for good years ago." He stated, looking back at his daughter. "It's always been her, hasn't it? The reason why you became such an embarrassment. You never did use to talk back until she showed up."

Yeji's mother reached for Yeji's arm, grabbing a hold of it. As if she was something to be stolen that she had to keep from being taken away.

"No offense, Mr Hwang. But I have to kindly ask you to stop talking before I just about lose my shit."

Ryujin didn't know where that came from. She really, honestly, hadn't planned to say those words. At all. Yet they spilled out of her mouth before she could stop them. Causing everyone in the room, herself included, to be surprised by it.

'Oh, he's mad.'

Ryujin grabbed the first thing she could reach. This man was tall and seemed far too strong. If he became violent, she's not sure she could fight him.

Actually, she's sure he could kill her.

"What did you say?"

She took a deep breath, glancing at Yeji who looked very concerned and then looking back at him. She had grabbed a... statue? Honestly, it was some pretentious decorative piece that looked like trash but it was heavy. If she managed to hit him with it, she could maybe stop him.

"Let her go."

He laughed, again. Running a shaky hand through his nearly bald head. Ryujin doesn't think his shakiness is due to nervousness though. It's clearly all anger, judging by the look in his eyes.

Ryujin isn't shaking though. She should be, considering the situation. But she doesn't feel afraid in that moment. She feels determined. Whatever happens, she's not leaving here without Yeji.

He moved towards her, hitting Ryujin hard. A backhand slap right in her cheek. Nearly causing her to fall over but she managed to keep her balance.

"Dad! Stop! Please!" Yeji yelled out, crying harder than before but being held back by her mother.

'Fuck. That hurt.' Yet, she smiled. She didn't even mean to. But she was just smiling right at him. Avoiding giving him the satisfaction of seeing her acknowledge the pain.

"Hit me all you want but once people find out about this, who do you think they'll support? Me... or you?" Her voice was far deeper than normal. The anger inside her making her almost growl as she spoke.

"You fucking child. How dare you?"

She knew he was about to hit her again. Ryujin knew she couldn't even stop him from doing so.

Next thing she knew, he was pinning her against the wall of whatever room they were in.

'I hate him more than I thought possible.'

She grunted as her back and head hit the wall, causing her pain.

"I've had a lot of patience dealing with you. But it has just ran out." He spoke between his teeth.

Before he could do whatever he was planning, Ryujin hit him. As hard as she could with the ugly piece of decoration.

As soon as the hit connected to the side of his head, she was released from his tight grip. Allowing her to breath again but causing her to bend over coughing.

"Fucking asshole."

He was too busy touching the wound she had just caused, the one that was bleeding. So Ryujin took the chance to push him with all her strength and punch him a few times once he got on the floor. Taking a few hits while doing so.

"I'll kill you." He yelled out but honestly, she didn't care.

Ryujin felt hands on her from behind but she was too blinded by anger to notice anything that was going on around her. Like Yeji finally having been released by her mother and pulling her off her father. Or Yeji's mother trying to stop everything.

She hadn't noticed but Ryujin had finally allowed herself to cry, her fists still connection with the man bellow her.

"Ryuddaeng stop, please. Let's go." Her voice was coarse, having yelled the entire time for her father to stop. Yeji hadn't once stopped pleading and begging.

The nickname managed to instantly calm her down. Her face turning to Yeji who had clearly been crying too much judging by her eyes. Her face red, no doubt due to her father and the crying. Ryujin soften up at the sight. Not caring about punishing the man anymore, and focusing only on Yeji.

"Can we go now?" Yeji asked softly, between sobbing, both her hands holding Ryujin's face.

She nodded.

Yeji's mother was far too busy with her husband and apparently, the people working for the Hwangs didn't give a shit about what was happening.

They didn't defend Yeji and Ryujin but they hadn't stopped her while she hit Mr Hwang either.

Maybe it was for the best. He deserved that.

They walked out of the large mansion holding each other, silently. But Ryujin knew, even without words, that Yeji understood why she had done that. That she knew Ryujin was on her side. No matter what.

(Author's note: I tried to tame it so it wouldn't be too graphic. How do you guys feel about it? How do you feel about this ryeji? )

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

27.4K 1.6K 36
Where Ryujin tells her love story.
295K 13.6K 48
In which Shin Ryujin texted random numbers to promote her idol's comeback. Little did she know she have already texted her ultimate bias, Hwang Yeji.
61.4K 2.2K 61
"she's just a girl. but not like those thirsty girls on the dancefloor looking for a walking bank, the gold-diggers. She's a businesswoman, a great o...
1.8K 55 11
Yeji and Ryujin are K-pop idols from a girl group called ITZY. One of them is head over heels for the other, while the other is trying to push their...