Lifeline

By ndallejoy

She clung to people. He ran from people. She was broken. He thought he could mend her. She lost a baby. ... More

Chapter 1; Stalker Ex
Chapter 2; It's Not a Date.
Chapter 3; Emily.
Chapter 4; My Hope.
Chapter 5; Thank you.
Chapter 6; Good night.
Chapter 7; Coffee Thingy.
Chapter 8; Friends.
Author's Note
Chapter 9; Meet the Chef.
Chapter 10; Meet Emily.
Chapter 11; It's Official.
Chapter 12; Dad!
Chapter 13; Idina Menzel.
Chapter 14; Loss.
Chapter 15; Lie.
Chapter 16; Daddy?
Chapter 17; Pure Bliss.
Chapter 18; Love at First Sight.
Chapter 19; Not Exactly.
Chapter 20; Diamonds, Bills and Parents.
Chapter 21; Secrets.
Chapter 22; Christmas Wishes.
Chapter 23; Time.
Chapter 24; Gone.
Chapter 25; Pain.
Chapter 26; Lifeline.
Chapter 27; Breakdown.
Chapter 28; Thanksgiving.
Chapter 29; Forgive me yet?
Chapter 30; I have a Girlfriend.
Chapter 31; Christmas Eve.
Chapter 32; For real this time...
Chapter 33; Afternoon After.
Chapter 34; New Year in LA.
Chapter 35; The Police.
Chapter 36; The Therapist (Part 1)
Chapter 37; Olivia.
Chapter 38; Emily's Birthday.
Chapter 39; Meet the CEO.
Chapter 40; The Fiancée, Engaged?
Chapter 41; The Therapist(Part 2); Find your Parents.
Chapter 42; The Russells.
Chapter 43; Los Angeles.
Chapter 44; Warren King.
Chapter 45; Ethan's POV.
Chapter 46; Not Goodbye.
Chapter 48; Baby.
Chapter 49; Marry me Again.
Chapter 50; Deal.
Chapter 51; Epilogue.
Author's Note...😭

Chapter 47; I'm sorry.

3.6K 246 39
By ndallejoy

"Sometimes, an apology is all it takes." By all those who have been hurt by someone else.

ETHAN'S POV.

I stood in front of the door.

This had to have been one of the worst decisions I had ever made in my life.

What in God's name was wrong with me?!

I needed to go back to my suite and think this through.

So, I did just that.

But, as I took my first step away, the door was pulled open.

The sight which I met was definitely not anticipated.

Kenna stood at the door, eyes wide and filled with tears. She looked paler compared to the last time I saw her and she had eye bags. Her eyes were both swollen and redder than a baboon's butt.

Okay, maybe not a baboon's butt, but you get the point.

Running after her was a sobbing Grace.

She seemed to be calling out for Kenna but stopped when she had sight of me.

First of all, why was Kenna in LA?

Second of all, why were they both crying, I mean did someone die?

And third of all, why did they both look like they had seen a ghost?

"Uhmm... Hi..." I trailed off awkwardly.

Is this what was considered a state of shock?

Because they both still had their mouths open and eyes as wide as saucers.

"I think I'll just take my leave now." I sighed and turned away from them.

This was a mess.

I was a mess.

Stupid me.

"What did you come to do here?" I heard Kenna struggle to say while taking deep breaths.

I paused and turned around again.

Good question!

What was I doing here??

"I uhm... Well... You see uh." I searched my already messed up mind for a good answer, but seeing as that wasn't going to happen, I decided to settle with the person who had me this way. "Kendra." I whispered.

I watched Grace's eyes soften whereas Kenna's hardened even more.

"What do you want with my sister?"

Kenna had never shown any signs of violence in the short time I had come to know her, so hearing her spit those words out with so much hatred behind them kind of destroyed what little hope I had left.

Also, is it just me or did she call Kendra her sister, and I don't think it was in the friendship kind of way?

"I actually just wanted to speak to her, but I changed my mind, so I'll just get out of your hair now." I told them and began walking away again.

"Would you just quit being a coward already?!" Kenna screamed. "If you weren't so scared to tell her the truth in the first place, we wouldn't be here right now, I wouldn't be crying my eyes out and beating myself up for not being there for my sister when she needed me, and my family wouldn't be MOURNING right now!!" she continued screaming so loud I was scared for her.

As much as I wanted to understand her, I was lost and quite frankly confused.

What does her family mourning have to do with Kendra?

Last I checked, the Russell's weren't very nice to Kenna even.

I think Grace sensed the confusion on my face because, she immediately took a sobbing Kenna into her arms, trying to calm her down.

Whereas, as she kept sobbing, she kept blaming me for stuff I had no idea how they were related to Kendra.

What in Christ's name was going on here?

Before I could ask my questions, a car drove in and you would not believe who stepped out.

Warren fucking King.

Okay, I was really confused with what was going on here.

Why was he here??

"Veron."

"King." We addressed each other.

This was not how I had imagined things.

"Kenna, are you set?" he asked her.

Since when did King and Kenna have a relation.

"Yes," she told him and began to walk away. But before she stepped into his car, she turned back to speak with me.

"Kendra was in a car accident two days ago, she's been in a coma since then." She sniffed, "I at least owed you that." And with that, both she and King drove off to what I am now guessing was to the hospital.

Kendra was in a car accident.

Kendra is in a coma right now.

Where the hell was I two days ago.

I needed to smash something.

"Calm down and come inside, I will explain everything."

And that was exactly what she did.

Grace explained everything Kendra had been through since I last saw her.

I couldn't believe there was a time when she thought I was engaged, just barely weeks after we broke up.

I was glad she found her parents, glad Kenna was her sister and all, but, right now, I really just wanted to see her.

"Can you please tell me what hospital she's in?" I asked Grace as I stood up after our little storytelling.

She smiled at me.

"She still loves you, Ethan." She spoke and handed over a piece of paper with the hospital address.

I simply nodded and hurried into my car.

Kendra had been hit by a drunk driver.

And he was so damn lucky he was in a police cell right now.

It took me fifteen minutes to get to the hospital.

Normally, that would have been a forty-five-minute drive, but as you can see, this wasn't a normal time for me.

Getting through the receptionist wasn't easy.

She was hell-bent on not letting me through.

Well, that was until Mrs. Wilson vouched for me after I had already caused a scene and was about to engage in a fight with three very buff security guards.

"I'm sorry." Was the first thing I told her once we settled down in the waiting area.

She thought it was a wise idea to get me in order before bringing me to see her daughter.

Very wise, if you ask me.

"Save all that for the person you hurt." She spoke quietly.

I nodded.

"How is she?" that question had my insides in a turmoil.

I hadn't asked grace because I feared what I would have done before I actually arrived at the hospital.

"Other than a sprained ankle, a concussion and the misc- "she stopped mid-way, her eyes wide as though she had leaked out top-secret information. "She's fine. Let's go see her now." She cleared her throat and began walking.

It took me at least fifteen seconds to catch up with her.

"What were you going to say?" I asked her as she walked speedily across the corridors.

"Nothing really. Look, we're here." She said stopping at a door.

With the door wide open, I could see Mr. Wilson seated on the couch, Kenna by him and Warren...

He had his lips on my fiancée's forehead.

I didn't know what got into me.

But before, I knew it, I had warren pinned to the floor already landing two solid punches.

"Don't you ever touch her again," I warned him.

"You have no right to tell me what to do." He spat.

"I have every right when it concerns her," I spoke indicating in the general direction of where she laid.

"I didn't see your concern when she was hurting herself over something she had no control over. And I definitely didn't see your concern when you used her and threw her out the way you took care of the trash." he retorted.

I heard a few gasps, but I was long taken aback with such a terrible memory.

She had told him what happened.

I still remembered the way she pleaded.

I remembered the look on her face.

The tears in her eyes.

God! If only I could turn back the hands of time...

I got off Warren who successfully pushed down his urge to ruin my face.

Did he care for Kendra that much...?

I looked around to find three disappointed faces watching.

This really wasn't how I had planned this day going.

I picked myself up from the floor and watched Kendra sleep.

She looked calm and though in a hospital gown, she looked so beautiful it was surreal.

I didn't want her seeing me like this.

No!

The million-dollar question was; would she even want to see me after what I did?

Already knowing the answer to that, I turned around, "I'm sorry." I muttered to her family and went on ahead to step out.

And for the third time today, I was stopped midway.

"She died you know." Every single cell in my body froze. "She was dead for twenty seconds. God knows if she didn't forget her phone in my car that night, she wouldn't be here right now." He finished.

This really wasn't the time to be jealous, but I couldn't help it.

What was she doing in his car??

"And before you go all caveman on me," he continued, "she was only in my car because I took her to the hospital after she fainted at the Parking lot we coincidentally met at." He emphasized on the word coincidentally. "I may not like you, but I respect Kendra a lot, and I know she still loves you."

Why did I feel like he was about to tell me something I wouldn't like?

"And," there it is, "I think it's your right to know that she was seven weeks pregnant when the accident occurred."

I swear, my heart was pounding so loud he could probably hear it from the other side of the room.

"Was?" I whispered turning to face him.

They all looked down.

"Yes. She lost the baby."

Guyssssssss....

I have a new phone... hurray..😁😁

I am sorry for not updating sooner, school stuff tied me down.

I love you all, thank you for the votes and comments.

And I just wish to inform everyone that I won't be writing a book 2 or something like that.

Once we say goodbye to Kethan, we say goodbye to Kethan.

Please VOTE and COMMENT.

Love, joy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

770K 21K 39
When I stood up and reach for the door. I was forcefully turn around..making my back lean in the back door.. He snatch the purse and shoes in my han...
1.5M 48.2K 53
"Are you done staring at me?" He asked and she blushed then looked away. She wanted to walk away so bad but she was scared that Ethan might kill her...
90.3K 3.1K 42
"I trusted you Xavier. You said you'll never leave. You said you loved me. Like a fool I am I believed you" she said in a broken defeated voice. "Wel...
80.7K 6.1K 71
He fell in love with the girl he had a one-night stand with. When her true nature revealed, he hated himself for loving her and decided never to see...