COURAGE/LIMITS (MewGulf) || C...

theseafarer द्वारा

PhD student Mew Suppasit Jongcheveevat, has to agree to tutor his neighbor's son to add up to his savings. He... अधिक

Author's note to Waanjai
IN A NUT SHELL,,, THIS IS GONNA BE ABOUT THIS-
PROLOGUE
1. The drummer
2. The boy next door
3. The car ride
4. The Unexpected Date Part I
4. The Unexpected Date Part II
5. One Kiss Is All It Takes
6. The Messiah
7. The Internet Outbreak
8. The One With The Fake Name
9. "He's a brat, but I can babysit him for life."
10. The Sweet Confession
11. Hallucination...??
12. Hello Gulf, Mew Is In Danger
13. Crossroad
14. Bruises
15. Blend your hues with mine
16. Love with hatred on the side
17. The Fairytale Prom Part 1
17. The Fairytale Prom Part 2
18. Blue Flame (Finale)
EPILOGUE

17. The Fairytale Prom Part 3

5.8K 255 15
theseafarer द्वारा

Side story:

A certain feeling keeps on nagging New at the back of his head. Something doesn't feel right. Something seems off about the deal he made with Golf. Why did Golf ask me to take him to the prom all of a sudden? He keeps on wondering, but sighs in frustration. It's almost 6:30 in the evening, and it's time for him and Golf to hit the mall. New puts on his Rolex, the only expensive possession, and fixes his collar. Golf should be here any minute. As on cue, there's a honk from outside his window. New takes a peek at Golf who's waiting by the car door, takes a deep breath and heads out of his condo.

"Hey." Golf greets as New nods at him. "Ready to spend some money?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"The hell yes." New says and sits inside the car. Golf starts the engine, and looks at New expectantly.

"What?" New scowls.

"Aren't you going to put on the seatbelt? Or I have to harness you with it?" Golf narrows his eyes at New.

"Okay jeez, I can do that myself." New says and rolls his eyes. He puts on the seatbelt and asks, "Happy now?"

"Very." Golf says with a twinkle in his eyes. "Let's go." Golf says and they start towards the mall.

New looks outside the window. "Happy now?" He recalls the conversation he had with Golf just a few seconds ago. "Very." New keeps on replaying this one word inside his head. "Very." Each time he thinks about the word, it amplifies. It gets louder and louder, till his head hurts. Deep down, somewhere in the back of his mind, New knows Golf wasn't just happy about the seatbelt. New doesn't know anything. What can it be?

"Since when did you decide to cut the chatter?" Golf says, looking sideways at New. "Don't go back to your old self."

"I'm not." New replies curtly.

"Dude, you are zoning out on me." Golf scoffs.

"I'm not. You cut the chatter."

"C'mon, cheer up. This is the first step of the plan, ain't it? We're in this together." Golf winks at New.

Only if you knew. "Okay, okay. Eyes on the road. What a bother." New clicks his tongue and looks out of the window. After about five more minutes of driving, Golf pulls up outside the shopping mall. "Hey! This is expensive. I don't want to buy a suit from here." New says. "But if you want to buy from here, then go ahead. I will just wait by your car."

"C'mon New." Golf hands over his car keys to the valet. "Consider it's on me. Wait, don't say anything yet." Golf says as soon as New opens his mouth to protest. "You can pay me back later. Installments would do too." Golf smiles at New.

"You are such a cheater. Okay, I will just consider this as you said. Damn, I don't want to be indebted to you. I hate it." I hate you. New rolls his eyes.

"Well, won't you ask me how you would pay me back?" Golf raises his eyebrows.

"Huh? I would pay you back using money?" New scowls.

"Damn. You would pay back to your boyfriend with money? You aren't romantic at all." Golf twists his lips into a grimace.

"Asshole! Who's your boyfriend?!"

"Ouhh, consider this as a part of the plan. You need to get used to this. From today onwards, till our plan succeeds, treat me as your boyfie. What say?" Golf says and smiles broadly. "Might help accomplish the task."

New looks at Golf, as if it's too much to process what he just heard. Golf might as well be correct. "I will consider this as a practice?" New says without eye contact with Golf. "What a prick. What should I do? Should I hold your hand and flutter my eyelashes at you?"

"Great decision." Golf says and grabs New by his hand and entwines their fingers. "C'mon, we would be late." Golf pulls New towards the mall, despite the protests coming from the latter.

New looks around the showroom and then at his wallet. He does not have enough money in his wallet that can satisfy the price of the over-expensive suit. But Golf won't go to another store. "You can pay me back later. Installments would do too." Golf's words leave a weird taste in his mouth. About the paying back. I need to ask Golf.

"Golf", New taps Golf's shoulder and says, "you didn't tell me how I should pay you back, and by when."

"Let's buy the suits first. I will tell you while we have dinner." Golf smiles. "That way, you cannot bail out." Golf says, making New sigh in exasperation. He looks at the suits and takes out one suit from the hanger. "Here. This one is perfect." Golf hands over the suit to New.

"For me?"

"Of course." Golf smiles.

"It's royal blue." New rubs the fabric. "And it's like what I had always wanted."

"I know. That's why I picked this one for you." Golf looks at New, who's admiring the suit in his hand.

"I love it!" New says, his face lit up like Christmas, and his lips pulled up into a broad smile. "Can I try this one?"

"Of course. Go to the trial room. And when you are done, show me how it fits you. I will get changed too." Golf says.

"Aren't you the best?" New says and smiles at Golf, which completely takes Golf by surprise. After all these years of friendship, this is the first time New has complemented Golf. "Let's go get changed!" New says and heads towards the trial rooms.

"How do I look?" New asks, posing like some model on a magazine cover.

"You look drop dead gorgeous, Mr." Golf laughs. "Damn, that colour suits you." Golf turns New around and looks at him from head to toe. "Starting from today, please respect my choices." Golf tries to pull up a serious face.

"Yeah yeah whatever. Will my crush like it? I mean do I look good enough?" New asks, looking at Golf.

Golf's heart constricts. He shouldn't feel hurt. After all, everything has been planned to make New's crush feel jealous. But what is this? Golf's heart races, he can hear the thuds clearly. Why am I the one to feel jealous? I was the one who put up such an idea. Dammit! I should have gone with the secret admiration. Golf sighs. I made the situation worse for me.

"Hey Golf, are you even listening to me?" New's voice breaks the chain of thoughts running havoc in Golf's mind.

"Sorry."

"I asked you a question." New says.

"I'm sorry I zoned out."

"I was asking if my crush would like me-" New starts to say, when Golf comes closer to him. "Hey what are you doing?"

"Please look at me." Golf says, staring deeply into New's eyes, humour lifted off his voice.

"I'm looking at you. You look good in that off-white suit." New smiles tightly.

"Not like that." Golf says.

"What's up with you Golf? You are making me concerned about you." New searches Golf's face.

"Can you look at just me? I mean", Golf stutters, "can you look at me with your heart?" Golf closes his eyes, as if trying to contain himself. "Can you not look at other men?" He opens his eyes, and they blaze with some unguarded emotion.

"What do you-" New starts to say, but is interrupted by Golf again.

"Leave it. Are we going to buy this?" Golf points out at the suit New is wearing. New nods at Golf. "Let's go then."

-----

"Are you mad at me or something?" New asks as Golf drives through the posh roads of Bangkok.

"No, why?" Golf says, looking sideways at New.

"You haven't been talking to me. Usually you won't cut the chatter and annoy the hell outta me." New chuckles.

"What's it like when it's unusual?" Golf passes a small smile at New.

"Like this." New motions his index finger in the air. "Quiet and tensed, to put it straight?" New looks at Golf, "what's going on in your mind? And wait, what did you mean when you asked me to look at you?"

"First things first." Golf says, focussing on the road in front of him. "About you paying me back," Golf smiles again, "I don't want you to pay me back with money."

"Hah? How do I pay you back then?" New asks, confused.

"The prom is next week, right? Eight days left." Golf says. "So, for these eight days, till the prom, you will hangout with me."

"Ohh, I always do hangout with you guys, don't I?" New frowns.

"No, not like that. You have to stay at my bar till late and help me." Golf smiles.

"But I have to work. I get paid for doing that."

"So, don't. For eight days, dude. This is how you will pay me back."

New scowls. He doesn't want to help Golf. But Golf has a point. "You can be so persuasive. Okay, I will help you at the bar. I don't want to be indebted to you." New says, and suddenly he cannot contain his laughter. "What do I have to do at the bar? Don't tell me you are going to make me do pole dance!" New mocks horror and covers his mouth.

"Oho, it would be nice though!" Golf laughs. "How about strip dance?"

"Asshole. Just drive, I am tired." New shakes his head, but cannot hide the amusement in his voice. He lays back on the seat and closes his eyes. Golf is actually nice. I haven't paid much attention to him before. Damn, I know him for years now, and I feel like I just met him. New heaves a sigh and dozes off. It's been a long day for him.

-----×-----

"You guys", Mew says as he takes a sip of his drink, "look pretty close all of a sudden." He looks at New and Golf with scrutiny.

"Yeah, we're working together on a brilliant plan." Golf puts an arm around New.

New freezes on his spot. Shit, is Golf going to tell everything to Mew?

"What plan?" Mew asks.

"You'll know." Golf wiggles his eyebrows and pats New's back.

"Wow, you guys are really keeping a secret from me." Mew pretends to be hurt. "Well, it's good though. It seems that you both have stopped getting on each other's nerves." Mew takes another sip of his drink. There's a ping on his phone. He checks the message and gets up from his seat. "My boyfriend is here. See you later, bros." Mew smiles and leaves.

"I thought you will give away the plan to Mew for a second." New shakes his head.

"C'mon New, my stomach is not that small. It can hold secrets." Golf says haughtily.

"You can leave my shoulder." New taps at Golf's arm.

"No way!" Golf says, "let's go to the counter. I need to serve my customers. C'mon, you promised you would help me." Golf looks at New's expression. "What? Do you not want to not be indebted to me anymore? Huh?"

"What a prick. Okay, let's go." New rolls his eyes.

In a warm corner of the bar, Gulf empties a glass of wine in one go. He has started to feel light headed, but very brave. He looks at Mew, and then around him. Nothing to be surprised of, but he finds women ogling at Mew and whispering something among each other. Gulf shakes his head.

"What's wrong?" Mew asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Just those women around here, trying to take away what's mine." Gulf pours some drink for himself. "I'm sure they must be fantasizing about the hottest drummer in the city." Gulf takes a sip of his drink. "I pity them. Their fantasy 'boyfriend', has a boyfriend himself."

"Hottest drummer?" Mew raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah! The hottest drummer, that's my boyfriend." Gulf clicks his tongue.

"You're drunk." Mew smirks.

"Ouhh, the hell yes! But this gives me excitement. I love the competition, where I am the destined winner." Gulf looks at Mew. "Just so you know Phi, I am possessive." He pulls his chair close to Mew's, surprising him. Gulf rests his palm on Mew's thigh, and moves in closer, until he can feel Mew's fragrant breath fanning his face. "What a fantastic day!" Gulf says as he raises his hand higher and higher along the length of Mew's thigh, until he reaches the belt loop. "Only I can do this." Gulf says, his breathing quickened. He leans in closer, his nose almost touching Mew's.

"What's gotten into you today?" Mew asks, bewildered.

"Just letting those ladies know who you belong to." Gulf smirks. "And marking my territory." And in a bold step, Gulf brushes his hand over Mew's manhood.

Mew takes in a sharp breath, and crashes his lips on Gulf's. The kiss is so vigorous, Gulf is sure his lips are going to be swollen. This is what Gulf wants. He wants to be brave. He wants Mew here, right now.

Mew breaks away from the kiss abruptly and holds Gulf's hand. He gets up from the table, pulling Gulf up along with him. "Where are we going, Phi?" Gulf asks, though he knows just exactly what is going to happen.

"I'm going to claim you, right here, right now. In the washroom. It will be quick." Mew says, his pupils dilating and expression darkening. Gulf smiles a slow smile. His heartbeats flare, and he prepares himself for the outcome of what he's just done.

-------------------

New twists and turns on the bed. Tomorrow is the D-day. And he is not sure if he wants to go there anymore. He starts thinking about why he had agreed to go to the prom in the first place. Golf. Yes, his fake boyfriend. But what has it become? Golf helping him with everything, giving him everything that nobody in this world had given him earlier, taking care of him - New almost feels ashamed for using Golf. He hasn't done anything for Golf. Not even a little bit, just whining and throwing curses at him.

But then he actually never cared about anyone and their feelings. But what is this? When did I start caring about the feelings of someone that I hate with all my guts? I didn't even care about Mew's feelings. The disturbing image of Mew crying over a wounded Gulf comes alive in his mind. And he reminisces the aftermath. Mew had stopped talking to everyone. As if his world was falling apart. Was I being inconsiderate? As soon as this thought brushes New's mind, he mind-slaps himself. No no no no I cannot think this way. I cannot regret anything now. But, I was wrong. New clutches his head and sits upright. What am I so afraid of? Am I really afraid of Mew finding out about it? New tries to process the conflicting thoughts in his brain. He was the mastermind behind the assault on Gulf. And he didn't regret it, until now. Why? He realises, as much as he is scared shit about Mew finding out, he isn't that afraid of losing his best friend. What matters most is, New scratches his head, Golf. What the fuck? I really do care about Golf. Dammit Golf, I hate you! But does he actually hate Golf? These past seven days, Golf has made him feel warm. Despite the fact that he has pushed Golf away many times, Golf has been consistent and tenacious. "I think I like you, New. Can I just stop being fake, and hit on you for real?" Golf's words come rushing into his mind like a tsunami, leaving a chaotic mess in his head. He recalls how he punched Golf after hearing his confession. But Golf wasn't deterred. Yet I am going to the prom with him. I am officially screwed. New recalls how his heart raced after hearing Golf's confession. He had felt so soft while looking at himself in the mirror. The smile on his face was different. Every fucking time, I cannot stop thinking about Golf. What about his unrequited love for Mew? Was the ignorance from Mew's side an eye opener? Why does he not feel the same anymore when he utters Mew's name? Do I not feel anything for Mew anymore? But he's certain about a fact, that he feels butterflies flying havoc in his stomach. When exactly? Even though he knows the answer, he dares not think about it. No. No! You cannot fall for him. You hate him. Yes, you hate him. You cannot lose yourself to someone that's not Mew. Or have you lost to him, New? New gasps and clutches his heart. He cannot hide it anymore. He cannot fool himself anymore. He has to accept it. What the fuck! What the actual fuck! I like Golf. I like Golf as I liked Mew. New's eyes widen. Mew isn't in his mind anymore. And Golf has occupied those empty spaces. Golf has stirred up every human feeling within him. Golf has stirred up the humanity within him. New takes in a sharp breath. I actually ended up liking Golf. New hides his face in his hands. Now he has a different cause to fear and worry about. Golf cannot know the truth. He cannot. No way.

-----------------

Mew takes a last look at himself on the mirror. He fixes a strand of hair and puts on his watch. This should be fine. He sprays some deodorant on himself, applies some lip balm to moisten his lips and smiles. He can't wait to see Gulf. He takes a look at his watch, grabs his keys and heads out. Mew stands in front of Gulf's house and rings the bell.

"Oh God! Son, you are so handsome!" Earn exclaims. "Come inside, Gulf is almost done." She smiles warmly at Mew, who bows down politely. "Ohh, yours and Golf's friend is here too!" Earn beams.

"Who is here mom?" Mew asks.

"Hello bro." New comes to the hall from the kitchen.

"What the-" Mew stops himself, and looks at New from top to bottom. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see my prom date." New smirks.

"What? I don't understand? Who's your prom date-" Mew stops when he sees Golf coming downstairs, groomed in an exquisite suit. "Don't tell me you," Mew points out at New, "and you are going to the prom together." Mew says, pointing out at Golf.

"It's exactly as you see." Golf stands beside New and puts an arm around his shoulder.

"Wow, way to go bros. Keeping your relationship secret from your best friend, I'm hurt." Mew sets his mouth in a grim line.

"Aye, we meant to surprise you. Isn't it, boyfie?" Golf ruffles the back of New's hair.

"Yes." New winks. He looks at Mew, who's looking at them with scrutiny. "What's with that face, dude? You look funny."

"Whatever. Wait, shouldn't Golf have picked you up from your condo?" Mew asks New.

"This grown up man here doesn't know how to groom up. So I called him here. Doesn't he look great?" Golf says, looking at New the whole time. "But but but, my man is handsome without trying. Just so handsome."

"C'mon dude, you need to stop exaggerating. Look at yourself. Don't go around with that charming smile of yours. You will end up luring people. Just so you know, I'm possessive." New smirks.

"Even if they look at me, I will look at you and you only." Golf smiles.

"I need to puke." Mew scrunches his nose in mock disgust. "You guys are so over-the-top-kinda-cheesy." Mew shakes his head. "I'm letting you both off the hook for now. I'm still mad at the fact that you both have been hiding your relationship from me." Mew looks at his watch again and says, "Now, where is my boyfriend?"

As on cue, Gulf enters the living room. He smiles at Mew, as if asking him how he looks. Something about Mew's appreciative glance makes Gulf blush a light shade of pink.

"My sons are so handsome." Earn squeals. "And whoa, they managed to get handsome boyfriends!" Earn exclaims, "Isn't it, honey?" She asks Earth.

"I agree one hundred percent." Earth nods proudly.

"C'mon, let's go. We'll be late." Golf says and pulls New towards the door. Mew grabs Gulf's hand and smiles at him, a cue for them to leave for the prom.

"Children these days are so forward." Earth says and clicks his tongue. "Makes me want to faint."

"Honey, are they even children anymore?" Earn raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah right." Earth scoffs and goes back to working on his laptop.

------------------

Mew opens the car door for Gulf, and bows down. Gulf giggles and gets inside the car. Mew takes the steering and looks at Gulf. "Ready?" He asks.

"Ready." Gulf smiles back.

"Tonight is entirely ours." Mew smiles confidently. "Let's go." He says, starting the engine.

The college auditorium, jammed with nicely dressed students, looks vibrant with the colour changing lights and loud music booming throughout the campus. The stage looks exquisite with the decorations, and it's equipped with musical instruments. As soon as Gulf enters the auditorium, he looks at the decorations with awe. "Phi, I didn't know a gathering could be this wonderful." Gulf says, wonder plastered on his face.

"Today's function looks better than the last year's." Mew nods. "Just wait for the events planned. This year's theme is so promising. I hope it will be splendiferous."

"Right Phi. I've never seen something so wonderful." Gulf smiles widely. "It's so dreamy. Almost like a fairytale." He looks at Mew.

"If this is a fairytale, then can I have a dance with my prince charming?" Mew says, looking sideways at Gulf.

"Prince charming? Me?" Gulf asks, surprised.

"Yes. Who else?" Mew raises an eyebrow.

"Then you are my knight in shining armour." Gulf says, flustered.

"Let's participate in the games, what say, hmm?" Mew holds Gulf's hand.

"Okay Phi!" Gulf squeals. "Where to register?"

"Leave that to me." Mew smiles. "Let's go get seated." Mew signals Gulf to hold his arm, and they go to the front row of the seats.

--------

"Hello everyone! I'm Zol." Zol takes the mic, and smiles broadly. "Aahh, all I can see is people shining like pieces of gold. Anyways, welcome to the annual gathering!"

The whole auditorium reverberates with claps, whistles and hootings. Each and every one in the huge auditorium has a smile plastered on their face- couples holding hands, their eyes full of excitement, and their hearts racing in anticipation.

"Tonight is going to be fantabulous, do you all agree?" Zol chuckles when the auditorium booms with a collective "yes" from the audience. "Y'all are very well aware of tonight's theme. But, before we have the grand ball, let's take a quick look at the events planned today." Zol signals the event manager to switch on the projector. The screen shows a list of the events, and the whole auditorium echoes with cheers and hootings.

Gulf clears his throat and nudges at Mew's arm. "Phi, I need to go to the restroom."

"Is everything alright?" Mew asks, concerned.

"Yeah Phi. Just that I feel like my bladder will explode."

"Okay. Do I need to go with you?" Mew asks.

"No Phi. It's okay. I won't be gone long." Gulf smiles and gets up from his seat. He smiles at Mew and starts walking towards the restrooms. As soon as he's out of Mew's sight, Gulf takes a quick detour. He opens the door to the fire exit, and takes long strides towards the backstage. As soon as he spots the person he's looking for, he smiles.

"Oh, N'Gulf! I was wondering where you were. The show's about to start."

"I'm sorry Phi, it was hard to get away from P'Mew. I'm still on time, right?" Gulf says, looking at his watch.

"Yeah, don't worry. We have everything ready for you. Wait for the announcement. Till then, cool yourself down. You look breathless."

"Thank you Phi."

"It's totally our pleasure. By the way, you look great." The person says. "Then, I will go get to work." The person passes a big smile at Gulf, as Gulf nods. "Susu na." The person says, and leaves.

"Ladies and gentlemen! It's time for our opening act!" Zol announces. Mew looks at his watch. Gulf has been gone since over fifteen minutes now. Mew takes out his phone and dials Gulf's number. He frowns when it says "out of reach" from the other side of the phone. He tries repeatedly, but each time he's met with disappointment. Worry starts to grasp Mew. Is he okay? Should I go find him? The audience clap again, but the sound feels like a nuisance to Mew. Mew starts to panic as fear creeps into his mind. He remembers the other time when Gulf wasn't picking up his call. The image of Gulf lying in a pool of blood comes popping up in his mind. Mew stands up immediately from his seat. What should I do? Mew looks around himself at the angry and annoyed faces of the others, asking him to sit down, as he's blocking the view. Mew sits down and buries his face in his hands. Gulf, are you okay? Please come back. Mew checks his phone. It's been twenty five minutes. Gulf hasn't returned yet.

"So, someone requested us to give him a special slot as the opening act. Guys, what's better than your lover declaring their love for you in a magical night as this?" Zol speaks, her eyes dreamy. "I envy the person who's going to be serenaded today. Because, tonight, they are going to be so cherished. Without wasting another moment, let me welcome the young man who's going to perform a special act for his boyfriend." Zol says and takes a pause.

Mew looks at Zol, who's looking directly at him. He holds his breath, as Zol continues to say-

"Please welcome on stage, everyone's beloved and favourite person, the cutest fresher, Gulf Kanawut!"

Mew's jaw drops to the floor, as the lights go off. The chatter cuts down, as everyone anticipate what's going to happen. Mew feels as if his stomach is doing a summersault, and his heart beating loudly, he can hear the throbbing in his ears. Suddenly a gentle ray of light focuses on Mew, surprising him. The projector turns on, and Mew flushes a shade of pink as his each and every reaction is shown on the big screen, and the crowd breaks into loud cheers and hootings and applauds.

A ray of light focuses on the stage, to show musical instruments. Shadows can be seen moving alongside the light, as one by one, the shadow people occupy their places behind the instruments. The light suddenly changes colour, as a man with his hair tied up in a ponytail starts to play a soft unheard melody on the piano in front of him. A ray of light focuses on him, as people can see another shadow figure entering the stage. When the shadow figure reaches the middle of the stage, the lights change from warm yellow to milky white and there's another focus light which reveals Gulf standing there, dazzling and smiling with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. The auditorium fills with "oh's", and "whoa's", and gasps as Gulf walks towards the front of the stage. His eyes never breaking contact with Mew's, Gulf smiles shyly and stands in front of the microphone. The lights change colour, as the musicians behind him weave a magical melody.

Mew is about to lose his mind, as in his heart, love for his man flares. No, I cannot cry right now. Mew blinks away the tears, as he feels himself drowning in emotions. He doesn't know what Gulf is going to perform tonight, but he's realized something. Gulf really does love me after all. His heart swells, and he lets himself get awashed by the waves crashing on his shore. A stray drop of tear rolls down his cheek, the tension washing off, and relief and elation flooding in. But there's a smile on his lips, a sign that he's the happiest man alive, and content.

Gulf takes a look at the crowded auditorium. He's nervous and he can feel sweat beads grooming his forehead. He has never been on stage before. But, this is for P'Mew. Gulf holds the mic, looks at Mew and then at the audience. He smiles and starts saying against the soft background music.

"Hello everyone. I'm Gulf Kanawut, a fresher from the department of literature and political science. Umm, I am here on this stage, because I want to thank a special person in my life. It's not like I wasn't alive before I met him, but I can't live without him anymore since I met him." Gulf takes a pause and smiles. "But before that, I would like to thank P'Zol for giving me this opportunity. She not only provided me a chance to be on the stage today, but she went out of her way to arrange the stage so beautifully. Thank you P'Zol!" Gulf smiles broadly, and joins his hands.

"Coming back to the man I love, P'Mew is the only reason why I am here today, on this stage, keeping aside my fears and nervousness. He makes me strong, and confident. Actually, loving P'Mew was not easy at all. It all started when I saw him hit the drums an year ago, and you all definitely know what I am talking about." Gulf chuckles. "I had a crush on him since that day, but I was afraid to make a move. And I was afraid, that I would be an insignificant person in his life." Gulf clicks his fingers, and the background music changes.

"Well, you never know
Until you give it a go!
I wanted to go with the flow,
But it pained me;
When things were going on too slow."

Mew looks at Gulf, open mouthed. Gulf is really doing this.

"I met him in broad daylight,
He said-
'Would you mind if I give you a car ride?'
Thanks to the university,
Destination, really brought in destiny."

Gulf looks at the crowd. And he smiles when he sees each and every one jamming to the beat.

"I was scared, I was bewildered
I was confused, I was flustered.
At first I freaked out,
But then, I knew I couldn't bail out.
I ran away as fast as I could,
But he caught up to me,
And it kindled the fire, as a spark should."

The musicians create an upbeat music, as Gulf feels the nervousness fade away. He feels more confident now. He continues:

"Life can never be more meaningful,
With you by my side, everything is beautiful.
All these moments of ecstasy,
I have realized- it's more than just fantasy."

Gulf looks at Mew and continues with his recitation:

"So here I stand tonight,
On a beautiful stage, so bright.
I will serenade you every starry night,
But with a song today,
I will give you an insight."

Gulf smiles shyly, and he looks at the musicians behind him and nods. He looks at the audience, and says:

"There is this song called 'Amazed' by Lonestar, and it is exactly what I want to convey tonight. P'Mew, this one's for you." Gulf says, and starts singing.

Mew watches Gulf, awed and mesmerized by his efforts. The lyrics dig in deep to the core of his heart, as Gulf pours his everything into each word.

"Every time our eyes meet
This feeling inside me
Is almost more than I can take
Baby, when you touch me
I can feel how much you love me
And it just blows me away
I've never been this close to anyone or anything
I can hear your thoughts, I can see your dreams."

Each and every word, hits home. Mew finds himself falling all over again for his beloved Gulf.

"I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby, I'm amazed by you."

The audience start clapping to the rhythm, as Gulf goes on, his eyes closed as if he's feeling the sentiment of the song. It definitely speaks for him so much.

"The smell of your skin
The taste of your kiss
The way you whisper in the dark
Your love all around me
Baby, you surround me
Touch every place in my heart
And it feels like the first time every time
I want to spend the whole night in your eyes

I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby, I'm amazed by you

Every little thing that you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do, oh
Baby, I'm amazed by you."

(YouTube link for this song: https://youtu.be/x-skFgrV59A )

The auditorium reverberates with claps, whistles, and hootings as soon as Gulf finishes singing. He takes a glance at Mew, holds the microphone, and says, "Thank you." Gulf bows down and joins his hands. "That's all for tonight." As soon as he leaves the stage, the adrenaline rush weighs down on him. He drops down on his knees, and takes in deep breaths.

"N'Gulf, are you okay? What's wrong?" Zol asks.

"Nothing much, P'Zol. Just the nervousness weighing down on me now. I'm okay." He smiles and gets up on his feet. "How was it, P'Zol? Did I do well on stage?" Gulf asks, rubbing the sweat off his forehead.

"It was fantastic! I can say this, that was one hell of an opening act! By the way,  You both are so cute together. Always so full of love for each other." Zol says.

"I can do anything for him." Gulf says tenderly and smiles.

"You both are so enviable. But I will take my leave now. Got to commence the rest of the program. See you later." Zol smiles widely and leaves.

——————————————

"Hi." Gulf says shyly as he takes his seat beside Mew. He doesn't even look at Mew, unlike the latter, who's staring at him without blinking. "Did you....." Gulf trails off and stops his words midway. He has a lot in his mind. Did you like it? Was I good on stage? Are you happy? Did I sing well? How do you feel? These are some of the questions he wants to ask Mew. But they sit quietly, the silence speaking louder than just words, as they bask in the warmth of each other's presence in their life: Gulf watching the performances, and Mew watching Gulf like a proud boyfriend; Mew occasionally looking away from Gulf to watch the performances.

"Now it's time for the Ball. Those who want to participate, please tally your names along with your partners. And to add to the charm of today's gathering, this dance will be a criterion for you to win the best couple award!" Zol says, as some couples get up from their seats to put their name in the list of participants.

Mew and Gulf get up from their seats. They spot New and Golf, and Mild and Aum. They wave at each other as they join the queue. There are not many couples who would dance. The ball starts at 8:30 in the evening. Mew and Gulf walk hand in hand and stand at one corner of the huge stage. The musicians start playing 'Wonderful tonight' by Eric Clapton, the lights change colour frequently, and the stage looks wonderful as the couples stand close, their lips pulled up in a smile and their eyes fixed on their lovers.

Mew pulls Gulf closer and they start swaying to the music. "Gulf, can you picture us together after twenty years?" Mew asks.

"What Phi? I cannot hear you. The music is loud!" Gulf says at the top of his voice.

Mew smiles and pulls Gulf closer if that's even possible. He brings his face near Gulf's ear, and says, "Can you picture us together after twenty years? Or longer than that?"

Gulf smiles sincerely at Mew. "Of course, Phi. It's too late to stop dreaming about the future now." Gulf looks down at his feet and says, "There's no looking back now, isn't it?"

"You are right." Mew smiles back and holds Gulf tightly in his arms as they dance to the music. They are so immersed in each other, that they don't notice the other couples on the stage making way for them, as they unconsciously move to the middle of the stage.

"By the way Phi, are P'Golf and P'New dating? They look so great together." Gulf says and raises his eyebrows.

"I guess they are. They didn't tell me anything about it before. I got to know about their relationship today itself." Mew shrugs.

"I was so shocked when P'New said P'Golf is his prom date." Gulf shakes his head in disbelief.

"Whatever they might be, I am more interested in what's in front of me." Mew says.

"Then have me." Gulf smirks.

"We're in public."

"So what?"

"Stop being such a sass for now. Do you want to dance more?" Mew asks.

"I'm tired, Phi."

"Let's go to our seats then." Mew says, to which Gulf nods.

——————————————

*SIDE STORY*

Golf sighs as he gets off the dance floor, leaving New who's more immersed in watching Mew and Gulf. New hadn't even budged when Golf left him on the stage. Golf shakes his head and goes towards the exit. In the end, it will always be Mew. Golf remembers all the efforts he's made to make New at least look at him in a different light, but it seems like his efforts were futile all along. Golf opens the exit door, and steps into the campus. He walks straight, unmindful of where his legs are taking him. He stops only when the ground beneath him feels softer, and not hard as concrete. He looks at his surroundings. He's in a garden. I'm so pathetic. Golf pulls his hair in frustration, and kicks a pebble lying stray in front of him. "Why did I bring this upon myself?" He rolls his eyes and exhales deeply.

"There you are." New's voice brings Golf back to himself. "Why did you leave the stage like that?" New asks.

"Why do you care?" Golf snaps and turns to face New.

"Ouhh, of course I care. My prom date left me alone on the stage, I was pissed, you know." New says mockingly.

"Oh well, my prom date was busy ogling his crush and didn't even feel my presence and absence. So yeah, I feel fantastic. Way to make a man feel used, New." Golf says bitterly.

"My crush?"

"I know whom you like, New. You like Mew, and I know you hate my brother." Golf continues, "And I know, you won't look at me however hard I try."

"How do you know that?" New folds his arms over his chest.

"At first I thought I had started to get a place in your heart, but nah! I was wrong! I saw how you were staring at Mew and my brother dancing together. And I have realized." Golf's voice quivers with thick emotion.

"Realized what?"

"That I am no one to you." Golf says, fighting the lump in his throat. "Leave it. I had hoped something, but my hope broke my heart. The banquet is going to start soon. You should just go ahead."

"And what about you?" New asks.

"Why do you care? Please don't put on this show! It hurts. It hurts because you really don't care! Do you know, I have liked you since we met, but you never even acknowledged my presence ever. I have told you about my feelings, but it didn't change anything." Golf clears his throat. "I failed! I—" Golf swallows the lump in his throat, closes his eyes and shakes his head. "Leave it. Before I sound more unreasonable, you should leave." Golf exhales and turns, his back towards New. "It was nice being your fake boyfriend for a week. Hope we have to never cross each other's path again." Golf starts to walk away.

"But you are already in my heart!" New shouts.

Golf halts in his track. He turns towards New, his eyes wide with surprise. "What did you just.....say?"

"Yes, you heard me. So please, don't leave. You know how nervous I can be in crowded places." New smiles as he sees Golf's expression. "Yes, I liked Mew before, but it's old news now, Golf. Since the day you asked me to take you to prom, there's been a storm in my head. And I regretted not having looked at you ever." New smiles and raises his eyebrows. "What say, do you still want to leave?"

"Ai New...." Golf starts to say, but is cut by New.

"I like you, Golf. What to do? I cannot be your fake boyfriend anymore. The reason why I was watching Mew and Gulf was because I felt guilty of thinking about separating them from each other. I was actually thinking how good they look together." New smiles softly. "Will you be my boyfriend, Golf?" He asks after a pause, looking directly into Golf's eyes.

"Tell me this ain't a dream." Golf says, open mouthed.

"Should I pinch you or something? It's for real. Dammit Golf kiss me already!" New takes a step towards Golf.

Golf's face lights up like Christmas. He walks towards New, and holds New's  face in his hands.

And then their lips meet.

Breaking away from the kiss, their foreheads touching each other's, Golf lets go of New's face and holds him by his waist. "This is actually real." He says, rubbing his nose against New's.

"Thank God, you know now." New laughs.

"Let's get out of here?" Golf asks.

"Sure."

"Hmm. Let's go." Golf steps back and holds out his hand. New smiles and entwines their fingers together.

What a day! They smile at each other, and walk away hand in hand.

————————×————————

The Ball ends after half an hour. The couples get down from the dance floor. It's time for the best couple to get the title.

Zol gets on the stage and the lights focus on her, as she passes a dazzling smile at the crowd. She taps on the mic to check if it's working or not, and says:

"I hate to say this, but the time to end the show has come." She pouts. "But before we head towards the banquet, today's 'best couple' have to walk the red carpet laid right on this stage! Are you guys ready to know which pair would get this title tonight?!" Zol raises her voice, as the crowd says "YES!" in unison. "Can you all take a guess?" Zol raises an eyebrow.

"MewGulf!" Someone shouts at the top of their lungs. And the crowd goes havoc. "MewGulf! MewGulf!" fills the entire auditorium, as Mew and Gulf flush beet red as the crowd hypes them up.

"Okay, okay! So, let me announce!" Zol laughs. "The 'best couple' title goes to....." She takes a pause as the crowd quiets down. "MewGulf!" Zol starts clapping as the crowd hypes them up. "Mew, Gulf please come backstage before you walk on the red carpet. We have a gift for you." Zol smiles broadly.

—————————————————

~ @thecuteboypage FACEBOOK UPDATE~

BEST COUPLE: PROM NIGHT~

@mewsuppasitJ @gulfkanawut

Photos:

— p.c. ©thecuteboypage

———————————————————

(Author's note: hi peeps! I'm back with an update after a long time! I'm sorry for keeping you all waiting. I wanted to write badly, but time was being a bitch. I am currently in a better state, so here's the update! This chapter focuses on relationships! I don't know if you liked the chapter or not, because it's a bit detailed, and it also focuses on the side ship NewGolf. But some of you wanted more of the side ship, and a better life for New. So here it is! But who knows what will happen next! :) Please keep reading and commenting. It really makes me feel better and gives me inspiration to write. Thank you all for reading and supporting my work. Have a great life, peeps. )

Love. ~ @theseafarer

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

20.6K 1.3K 16
✓Gulf - A engineering student (1st year), Emotional & happy go lucky person.. but his heart broke because of his crush. he has a crush on his bestfrn...
70.7K 3.5K 34
its just an story made up by me about my most shipped bl couple MEWGULF.....😘 and actually it's my first time writing something.. I hope I'll make a...
332K 17K 61
Mew suppasit is businessman who who is bit arrogant and rude. one day he encountered a boy name Gulf Kanawut who slap him infront of everyone coz Mew...
313K 16.2K 56
Mew suppasit who kidnap Gulf's father for an unknown motive and asked gulf to marry him and stay in his house and do all his household work...he is n...