Mated With The Enemy

By LovelyLoopyKari

I didn't think, why would I when rarely anything bad happened or any repercussions were given. I was the prin... More

To Be Loved
Chapter One - Repercussions
Chapter Two - Two Years
Chapter Three - Once Wasn't Enough
Chapter Four - Dangerous Mates
Chapter Five - Assembly
Chapter Seven - Dangling Over The Edge
Chapter Eight - The Arrangement
Chapter Nine - According to Lucas
Chapter Ten - Let The Party Begin
Chapter Eleven - Omegas
Chapter Twelve - Miranda
Chapter Thirteen - The Almost Brawl
Chapter Fourteen - Recovery
Chapter Fifteen - Winter Formal
Chapter Sixteen - New Enemies
Chapter Seventeen - Medicine
Chapter Eighteen - Secrets
Chapter Nineteen - Saved
Chapter Twenty - Discovery
Chapter Twenty One - Finally
Chapter Twenty Two - Legacy

Chapter Six - Greenhouse

7.1K 302 21
By LovelyLoopyKari

Chapter Six - Greenhouse

_______________________

My dad freaked, as to be expected I suppose. He even went as far as ordering three guards to watch my every move.

I groaned as I waited for the approval of my fathers so I could run to the store, and a few other shops.

Even though I know it annoyed him that I wanted to leave the house, he couldn’t have been happier as he agreed to let me go about my day as planned. “Daniel and Chris will be accompanying you.” He told me just as I was about to leave.

“Dad.” I groaned again, “I’m just running to the store.”

“Evan can go with too if you like.” He grinned shuffling the papers on his desk.

“Fine.” I huffed and stomped back into the house. Dan and Chris were waiting by the car as I came out ten minutes later. “I’m sorry you have to watch me.” I apologize.

Dan rolled his eyes and Chris refused to look at me. They still didn’t like me, figures. Chris drove to the outlet mall and parked in the middle. As I got out they followed, “You don’t have to come, I know you guys would rather be doing anything else than being here with me and that’s fine. You can leave, get some ice cream, I don’t care really. Just pick me up in an hour.”

They exchanged a look and nodded, “An hour, right here.” They glared.

“Got it.” I agreed and walked away. Making my way through the first store I didn’t find anything I wanted nor needed so I moved on. In the third store I caught the most amazing scent of my life and looked around the room.

He was easy to spot, with his brown hair and infectious smile. I bit back a growl as I noticed that he was with the girl from the library the other day. Oh how I wanted to rip off her head.

Did I really need anything from this store? Yes. Believe it or not this was the store that I actually came here for. I shuffled my way to the side and sifted through the racks, trying to pretend I didn’t notice that Lucas was staring a hole in the side of my head.

Finally my resolved broke and glanced at him. I thought I saw his eyes sparkle for a moment before his gaze was redirected to a shirt the girl had been holding up for his approval.

“I love it babe.” I heard him tell her. I dropped my selections I picked out on the floor in surprise and quickly bent down to pick them up. I decided that I’d spent enough time in the store and brought my things over to the counter to pay.

“All set?” The girl asked kindly and I nodded as I pulled out my card and handed it to her. She noticed how anxious I was and bagged my purchases swiftly. I gave her a quick thank you and left the store without a glance at Luke.

Once I was outside I finally let out the breath that I’d been holding the entire time before I made my way to the ice cream stand off to the side. Waiting in line, the sun beat down on my face and I let a smile slip across my lips.

“Hey.” A voice spoke and I looked behind me to find an okay looking guy talking to me.

I nodded politely and muttered hello. I turned back around and hoped that the line would move so it wasn’t an awkward silence. “I’m Connor.” He told me and I gave him a small smile.

“Rosaline.”

“A beautiful name for a beautiful girl.”

Blushing I shook my head, ready to deny him, when a growl sounded from behind his figure. I felt the smile fade and the blush that tinged my cheeks grew less as I thought of Lucas, a sick feeling starting in the pit of my stomach.

“Thanks.” I whispered and stepped up to the ice cream counter and ordered.

“So..” Connor laughed, “You live around here?”

“Uh, yeah. Just a few towns over.” I mentally slapped myself, don’t engage in conversation Rosie.

Connor smiled, “Same here, I just moved to Grove Heights. You heard of it?”

My blood ran cold, “Yeah.” I nodded, willing my voice not to shake, “I, uh, live there too.”

“No way.” He seemed genuinely happy, “Maybe you could show me around.”

“I-.” I started but was cut off by Lucas’s voice that caused me shiver.

“She’s going to have to pass.” He hissed at Connor.

Connor seemed surprised at Lucas’s sudden appearance and I smiled to myself while I felt an overwhelming sense of assurance as he slipped his arm around my waist and led me away.

Then everything happened so fast. Daniel and Chris were by my side, growling as the pushed Lucas away from me. Lucas growled back just as furiously and kept his eyes on the two werewolves in front of him.

“Stop.” I hurriedly stood in between the two feuding parties. “You can’t do this here. Not in front of all the humans.”

“Move.” Chris growled, not even bothering to listen to me as Daniel snapped his teeth at me.

“No.” I held my ground. “Stop this now.” My voice leaked authority and I could see their knees buckle slightly. “You can’t fight here, it’s too risky. You know this. Think a little.”

“The enemy had his hands on you.” Daniel sneered. “We should rip his head off.”

I growled a warning to them, causing them to bow in submission. “Let’s go home.” They both glared at Luke and then turned to walk back to the car. My shoulders dropped and slyly looked at Lucas.

He seemed shocked as my eyes meet his. “Thanks for getting me away from him, you know before.” I gestured to the ice cream stand on our left. He didn’t speak, he just stared at me. “See you then.”

I ran quickly to the car where Chris and Daniel were fuming, I growled to show them that I meant business. Hopping into the car they then sped away and took me home, where I’m sure they were going to tell my father that Lucas touched me. He was going to be beyond pissed and probably never let me leave the house again.

Awesome.  

______________

“Come on Rose.” My dad called from down the stairs. He insisted on taking and picking me up at school, he also insisted on adding extra warriors around the building, which I don’t think Lucas’s pack liked all that much.

“Coming!” I called back and fixed my brown hair one last time before deciding that it was good. Running down the stairs I saw my father holding the door open as he swung his keys around. “Morning daddy.” I smiled.

He returned my smile, “Morning Rosaline.”

Ever since I returned my dad has been a lot nicer, almost like he was before. Like I meant something to him.

The car ride to school was short. As he pulled up to the building my eyes locked on Luke’s. His whole body was tense and I noticed almost everyone else staring at our car, my pack slightly in bowing formation.

I turned to my dad and kissed his cheek, “I’ll see you after school dad.”

“Right here Rosaline.” He smiled.

I opened the door and quickly made my way into the school, I couldn’t handle everyone staring at me. At my locker I arranged my books in order for something to do as I waited for the bell to ring.

“Can I talk to you?” His voice was low as he stood near me, but not close enough to cause suspicion.

I nodded with a sigh and closed my locker before looking over at him. He was leaning against the lockers, his hair a mess on top of his head and his golden eyes roaming over me with an unknown emotion.

“Where?” I whispered and his eyes flickered to my lips before they moved back up to connect his with mine.

He smirked and with the nod of his head he began to strut down the hall. Taking this as my que to follow him I looked around to make sure no one was watching. Gripping my books tighter I carefully followed his scent as it twisted through the school. His scent lead me to an nearly empty hallway and right up to a door.

My heartbeat quickened and before I could do anything the door opened and a hand grabbed me, pulling me in. I held in my scream as his hand sent tingles down my body my face heating up as he smirked. “Not here.” His finger pressed to my lips after my intake of breath.

I couldn’t help but shiver and his smirk widened ever so slightly. The beat of my heart stuttered as his finger lingered on my bottom lip, “Come on.” He whispered his hand reaching for mine.

I followed after him as he pulled me up a flight of stairs. I gasped as the schools greenhouse came into view, all the pretty plants and flowers standing proudly. I always wondered how they got up here but I wasn’t curious enough to seek it out.  

I dropped Luke’s hand and went over to the flowers on the other side, a smile stretched across my lips. My hand delicately grazed the petals and leaves before I looked over my shoulder to look for Lucas.

“How did you find out about this place?” I eagerly awaited his answer and moved to the next section of plants.

He chuckled and followed behind me, “Miranda’s in the club.”

I felt my throat close up, who was Miranda? “Oh.” I nodded, the smile falling.

“She loves this place.” He nodded, his intense eyes burning a hole in the side of my face. I felt like I was going to cry and I could feel my wolf breaking inside of me. “It’s all she talks about,” He continued and I focused on the sunflower in front of me, letting my fingertip glide over the petal trying desperately to tune him out. “These are her favorite flowers.” His breath blew across my neck causing me to jump in surprise.

I pushed myself away from him and bit my lip to stop the tears that threatened to spill over. “She’s really great. Super smart. Beautiful too.” He was obviously oblivious to the hurt and discomfort that I felt/showed. “I love her.”

“Stop.” I whispered, my whole body felt weak with his words. My heart was broken and my wolf was hurt beyond belief.

“I love her, so much.” He pressed moving closer to me.

My fist clenched next to my side and I felt Lucas’s happiness roll off him in waves. The jerk was actually getting pleasure out of hurting me. The tears leaked and I let out a growl.

“Stop it!” I screamed holding up my hands in defense as he came closer, a stupid smirk on his gorgeous face.

“Are you…” He laughed, “Jealous?”

“No.” I growled and folded my arms across my chest childishly.

Nodding his head while still chuckling he grabbed my waist to pull me to him. “You are jealous.”

I pushed his hands off me, “You don’t know what you’re talking about.” I hissed.

“Rosie, you’re green with envy.” He grinned.

I growled. “I am not.”

He nodded his head and spoke sarcastically, “Okay. Fine, you’re not.”

“Why are you being sarcastic? I’m not jealous.” I sneered.

“Right.” He chuckled, crossing his arms as he stood in front of me. “Do you know Miranda?”

“Yes?” I questioned. “Of course, she’s the brunette that was with you in the library, right?”

“The what..?” His eyebrows pulled together in confusion, “You mean Jess?”

“Huh?” I questioned, was it possible he had two girls? He was more a player than I thought.

“Jess is the brunette, I suppose.” He nodded as he figured out everything in his head.

“Then…” I trailed off.

He smiled, “Miranda is my sister.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Raye By Zamm

Short Story

2.9K 156 4
"မောင်နဲ့ သက်ဆုံးတိုင် လက်တွဲပါရစေ" "သူမဟာ ပညာတတ်တစ်ယောက်၊ ကျွန်တော်ဟာ ဖခင်တစ်ယောက်" "ကျွန်တော့်ဘဝအတွက် ပေတေနေခဲ့သမျှကို တန်ဖိုးရှိတာများဖြင့် ကုန်ဆ...
254K 9.1K 21
Growing up, Athena's life changed dramatically when her mother was murdered in front of her. At a young age her father changed and began to abuse her...
2.6M 108K 48
SECOND BOOK OF THE WEREWOLF PRINCESS SERIES! (Sequel to A Rejected Princess) I suggest reading that book first or you will be very confused! ________...
256K 6.9K 27
~In a world full of mythical creatures and other terrifying beasts~ **MATURE CONTENT** Alpha Layton Bailey, the alpha of WinterMoor. He's ruthless a...