Rumor Has It | NCT DREAM

By lost_in_neocity

Ft. NCT DREAM Rumor: a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth Six boys, six rum... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
New Book - The Odds
Masterlist

Chapter 19

4K 233 75
By lost_in_neocity

"Is your hand feeling better?" Areum asked. The two of them were sitting on the front porch, watching as the cars went by. Renjun was holding on an ice pack on his hand, reducing the swelling caused by the hit from the soccer ball. Renjun gave her a nod.

"Yeah, it's feeling a lot better." Renjun said, removing the ice pack. Areum took his hand, examining it.

"You're so stupid, why did you block it like that." Areum said to him as she lightly massaged his hand.

"You would have gotten hit if I didn't block it." Renjun said with a soft laugh. He heard Areum mutter under her breath.

"I can't believe you injured yourslef for this." He heard her say to herself.

Renjun took his hand out of Areum's and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, making the girl blush.

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine okay?" Renjun said, reassuring her. A few students popped out of the front door, eyeing the two of them. Renjun quickly removed his hand, looking away.

"We should head back inside." Areum said to him. Renjun nodded, following the girl in.

...

"So I'm your boyfriend now." Jeno said as he sat with Haneul in the corner of the living room, far from everyone else. Haneul looked away from him.

"Don't get too excited, I said it because Haerim was pissing me off." Haneul replied. Jeno scotted closer to her, manoeuvring in a way so that his face was in front of hers.

"You didn't say no." Jeno said as a smile crept up onto his face. Haneul pushed him away as she tried to hide her smile.

"I'll take that as a yes than." Jeno said before helping the girl up, leading her to the dance floor.

...

Haechan and Soojung sat in silence on the stools in the kitchen, watching people enter and leave as they got drinks from the fridge. Occaisionally, boys would try to flirt with Haechan, but he would push them away, trying to convince them that he really didn't like men.

"Do you want to get out of here?" Haechan asked her. Soojung tilted her head, staring at him.

"There's a park not that far away." Haechan explained. Soojung hesitated for a moment before nodding her head.

"Sure." She said. She followed Haechan as he pushed past the crowds, out the front door.

"We can finally breath now." Haechan said with a smile as they walked along the sidewalk. Soojung wrapped her arms around herself, trying to keep herself warm. Haechan remembered the girl didn't have a jacket. He took off the jean jacket he was wearing, placing it around Soojung's shoulders.

"Aren't you cold?" Soojung asked him. Haechan shook his head, showing her the shirt he wore underneath his grey hoodie.

"I have plenty of layers, you wear it." Haechan said to her. Soojung put the jacket on, following Haechan as he guided her to the park. When they arrived, he lead her to the swings, the two of them taking a seat.

"It's such a peaceful night." Soojung said, looking up at the stars.

"Yeah, it's really nice." Haechan said, moving softly on the swing. They sat their in silence, the only sound coming from the chains of the swing as they moved.

"How did you deal with the rumors last year?" Haechan suddenly asked her. Soojung took a deep breath before answering his question.

"Honestly, I didn't. I just kind of left it and continued living my life." Soojung told him. She saw him slowly nod.

"Isn't it tiring? Going through all of it alone?" Haechan asked.

"Sometimes, I guess. But I'm not really going through it alone." Soojung said. Haechan turned to look at her.

"What do you mean you're not alone?" He asked.

"Well I mean physically, I'm going through it alone. But when I feel sad, I listen to music, sing a bit, and everything feels a lot better. That's why I love musical theatre so much, it's how I release all the emotions I hold in. So I'm not really alone since musical theatre is there by my side the entire time." Soojung explained.

"That's really nice." Haechan said softly.

"What is it like to be part of the popular crowd?" Soojung asked him.

"It may seem all glamorous but it gets tiring. People are constantly putting their noses in your face, looking for all your flaws. I mean, it has good parts and all but sometimes, I wished I was just a shadow in the corner." Haechan confessed.

"I can see that." Soojung replied. She heard a small chuckle escape Haechan's lips.

"What?" Soojung asked a Haechan smiled at himself.

"I just never thought that I would be sitting here, spilling all my inner feelings to you." Haechan admitted.

"Honestly, me too." Soojung replied. Haechan took out his phone, checking the time.

"It's late, most people probably already left." Haechan said, getting off the swing. Soojung followed him as they made their way back to the house.

"Did you drive here?" Haechan asked her. Soojung shook her head. Haechan pulled out his car keys, pointing to a car parked along the side of the road.

"I'll drive you home." Haechan said, unlocking the doors of his car.

...

Mina yawned as she opened up her locker, tired from the weekend. Yesterday she had spent the entire day cleaning up their hangout with the dreamies, and Mina told herself that she would never throw a college party after the numerous stains of pop she cleaned yesterday. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around to see Jaemin standing behind her.

"Good morning Mina." Jaemin said, flashing his bright smile.

"Isn't your locker on the other side of the school? Why are you here?" Mina asked him. The boy put his hands in his uniform pockets, giving her a small shrug.

"I came to school early so I decided to come here so I could walk with you guys to class." Jaemin told her, motioning to Renjun and Haechan approaching them. They noticed the large bags under the two boys' eyes.

"What were you two doing last night?" Mina asked, giggling. The two boys glared at her as she they separated to their own lockers.

"Haechan wouldn't stop making me game with him until he beat me." Renjun said, groaning as he opened his locker. Jaemin and Mina watched the miserable boy, chuckling at his every movement. All of a sudden, they heard phones ringing and buzzing. As Jaemin pulled out his phone, his smile fell from his face.

"What is it?" Mina asked trying to look at his phone but Jaemin had locked his phone, returning it to his pocket.

"Nothing." Jaemin said, looking away.

"I forgot something in my locker, I'll meet you in class." Jaemin said before walking away. Mina and Renjun exchanged looks as he turned down the hall.

"What was that about?" Haechan asked, approaching the two. Mina shrugged as she closed her locker. She noticed Haechan's eyes widened as he stared at his phone.

"What is up with all of you today?" Renjun said, pulling the phone out of Haechan's hands. His face grew with concerned as he looked at it.

"Show me." Mina said. Haechan and Renjun exchanged looks before passing her the phone.

...

Rumor has it that Lee Mina was dancing with Jaemin at the party. Poor soul thinks she has a chance with a player like him. How unfortunate.

~ Anonymous

...

Jaemin held onto the top of his open locker with one hand, forehead resting on the back of his hand. Right when he had finally started feeling something for a girl that might like him back, a rumor had to come and ruin his chances.

———————————————————————————

Dreamies said they have content coming out so im sitting here waiting like an idiot for it :(

Also imma rant a bit here cuz im slightly cheesed rn so don't mind me and scroll by if you dont want to hear about it, i won't be offended hehe (its about haechan's line distribution at the concert)

So i did watch the beyond live and haechan did an amazing job, im so proud of him for being able to do all that despite his busy schedule and i was really shook at all the new additions being made to the concert cuz like when did haechan have the time to learn and practice all of it?!?!

That being said, i understand why people are really upset about his lines being decreased and his spot being changed cuz like he had them originally BUT i dont think its a matter that we should be emailing sm about.

So a bit about me and what i know and why im cheesed is that i am a dancer, i grew up dancing and performing all my life, majored in dance in high school, long rehearsals, tiring practices, ive been through it all so when i first saw all of this i was like whoa y'all need to chill and think for a sec

Haechan literally did tour and superhuman with 127, boom, dream tour, kick it, ridin, beyond lives x2, and now punch and it is SO OBVIOUS that our boy is tired (even though hes like yeah i like it and i wanna make fans happy)

As a performer, theres always reasons why parts get taken away so in this case, can we all just take in the fact that a lot of nct 127's songs have terrible line distributions. Like thats a fact and we all know it, don't ignore it

But idk if you guys have watched produce 101 (rip) but basically there was an extra trainee in one of the episodes so if a group wanted that extra trainee in the group they had to give up their lines so when sm was like hey concert time, oh maybe we should give more lines to people that didnt have many before, who wants to give up their lines for these people though? I mean yes, taeyong and mark have the most lines but can you imagine jungwoo tryna do their parts? Yeah that doesnt make sense right

But on the other hand, whos super tired and could probably use a break and sing a few less lines so he wouldnt have to stress with all his promos rn? HAECHAN (cue american school)

NOT TO MENTION that they already split up a lot of his lines when he injured himself (poor baby) so yeah, its not that hard for them

AND when haechan's with dream, 127 probably still practices and idk if you know but it is so hard to practice with missing ppl so yeah

AND ik it sucks cuz yeah we see like of our full sun but the man did two concerts and a comeback with dream so are you really deprived of haechan? Are you really going to complain about not enough haechan when he did THREE VLIVES IN ONE DAY

Anyways, i can understand why people are upset but i just wish people sit back and take a look at the other side before they go banging on sm's doors

And if you read all that you deserve a gold star

Have a nice day y'all

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 196 5
x demon/grim reaper au x "I won't let you take my hand." "Isn't that your job though? You're the grim reaper after all" x WARNING! Slight mention...
562K 24.5K 78
"Welcome to the 'Dream Hotline'! The hottest dating service right now!" book 1 of dating hotline series ©️ercshnyj
107K 5.8K 24
Ft. NCT's Huang Renjun Two different people from two different worlds, connected by one thing. COMPLETED
287K 15.1K 54
From rivals to roommates, and everything in between.