Falling For Grumpy

By asmaa-auwal

"What's your name?" Came his voice "It's Islam" she said carefully. Why would her voice betray her? That wa... More

First and foremost
1 | When Africa calls
2 | The Antsy cat
3 | The Khalil's
4 | First Encounter vs Crashing his Fav
5 | How to know the African culture
6 | How to fish out a kind soul
7 | How to terminate a baby
💖💦
8| How to advice a best pal
9 |How to wash elegant gowns
10 | How to be realistic
11 | The twins and the Hippo
12 | How to bid adieus
13 | How to break an oven
14 | How to be gorgeous yet ruiner
15 | How to be at your fav Aunt's
16 | How to have a grumbling gut
17 | How to expose oneself
18 | How to shop for the sick
19 | How to have blood phobia
20 | how to be the laugh of century
21 | flight phobia
22 | the amazing mom!
23 | doctors' brains!
24 | he's juhaif the grump!
25 | how to be shattered
26 | how to be certified as chef
27 | how to have hennah
28 | How to receive a green tea
29 | how to dodge a slap!
30 | how to have shattered hearts!
31| how to be embarassed to the core
32| how to spill a coffee!
33| how to find a library
34| how to meet new peeps!
36| Repenting slave
37| different persona off camera
A year on venus
Diary of Reshma

35| popcorn and cinema

324 34 16
By asmaa-auwal

"I really hope their popcorn is delicious." Islam said.

"Let's pray so. Have never been to cinema before."
Husna moved over to her dressing mirror and applied a simple make-up.

While Islam just applied a BB cream and a red lipstick. She didn't even fill in her brows but let them natural.

"Bro we done." Husna announced once they reached the parlour downstairs.

"Girl you look cute." Juhaif complimented Husna.

"Thanks! Alright yalla! Let's go (quickly let's go.)"

Since the time Islam damaged his car he ended up buying a new one. He got himself a white Bugatti. And ordered a Mercedes Land cruiser as well, which he is expecting this month.

They reached to the car as Islam entered the back seat while Husna turned around to use the passenger seat. But something marvelous happened. Juhaif had to open the seat for Husna. Islam was fascinated by that. The guy really likes his sister  a lot.

"Bro are you entering the cinema too? Or you'll wait for us outside?" Husna asked.

"I might watch." He simply answered.

"Well I hope you know you won't find any surgery videos in there." She savagely teased him. Islam bursted out laughing at Husna's weird joke.

"Please where's the apple company located at?" Islam asked.

"Apple company?" Husna asked just to be sure.

"Yes please. I want a new phone."

"Oh. So you go to apple company to buy phone?" Husna asked. She was surprised.

"Yes. That's how it works I suppose."

"Well, we don't have it here. But you can get any model you want at the mall." Husna replied.

"What model do you want?" She asked her.

"15." She replied.

"Oh babe wants some upgrade. Don't worry you can get it at the mall section of the cinema." She said and they finally arrived at Nora's.

An elephant shape came in to view. And without waste of time it split in to two and revealed a house. The house gate was shaped elephantly and it automatically opens once it scans anyone that have once visited the house. But if someone is visiting it for the first time and the person came alone it won't open unless a signal is sent to the system to let the person in. Once they got in Islam viewed some penguins standing. And Juhaif turned the car around, speeding over them.

"Don't kill them." Islam shouted.

But Juhaif paid no heed to her. While Husna tried suppressing a laugh. Islam watched as each penguin split in to two darting way for Juhaif to pack.

Oh they are not real!
She honestly thought they were!

The compound looked cute. Simple and cute!

Juhaif alighted the car and quickly moved over to Husna and opened the door for her. Meanwhile Husna made way to open the door for Islam knowing Juhaif would rather die than doing so. But Islam had already alighted too.

Islam took the view of the house. The only sound was that of the fountain. A huge pool by the other side. Then cars sparsely packed. Well the house looks really cool to the eyes. They entered inside. It was fluorescently lightened. Their taste is hotelish.

Nora was dressed in white and draped over a nude veil.

While Lubna got dressed in a simple black abaya

Husna chose black dress too!

While Islam was in a light brown gown which she finished the look with a coffee veil!

"Yaya Juhaif welcome. How is Aunt and the old man?" Lubna asked smiling, once she saw them.

"Lubna how are you? Everyone is fine. And will let him know you ask of him." He teased.

"I'm fine." She replied and moved over to shook the girl's hands.

"Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah." She said as she handed them her hands.

"Haram police." Husna teased and they both laughed.

"Seriously when Nora came here she hugged us all. But Haram police had to act all holy and shook our hands. Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah." Husna said imitating her voice.

They both laughed and Juhaif eyed Husna. Which made her shift uncomfortably. It's an indication for her to behave and she got it right and kept quite.
***

"Islam you in on the phone?" Husna asked once they arrived at the mall.

"Sure." She replied her.

"Been wanting to change this one too. Thank God I brought my card with me." Nora said as they both headed there.

"Okay if Nora is buying phone then i'm definitely buying too." Lubna said.

"She's not your mate." Husna teased.

"Husna wait till I catch you." Lubna replied.

On the other hand Islam and Juhaif were just silently walking. They reached the place and started checking the phones.

"I really need a 1 million GB ram." Islam announced as she checked some more. The girls thought she was being serious but it was just her lame joke. And Juhaif got it too. He knew she was kidding.

"You can't find such thing." The girls said.

"It's a joke." She said with a smile.

"I need an upgrade too babes." Husna started checking the phones too.

All of them ended up upgrading their iPhones.

Islam chose pink while Husna and Nora chose black and Lubna settled on gold.

"But you guys my phone case game is damn strong." Nora said as she moved over and grabbed a basket. She filled it in with different phone cases.

"Babe you love spending." Lubna teased Nora. Islam used to think she loves shopping but ever since she came here and saw how Nora shops she stopped classifying herself as shopping fanatic.

After filling up the whole basket with phone cases she moved over to one of the workers there, "please do you customize phone case here? Because I want a pic of me on one of these." Nora said, gesturing to the basket.

"Yes. But it will take two days." He answered.

That's how Nora ordered a customized one too.

While Husna, lubna and Islam bought one-one phone cases each.

And it was time to pay!

Husna, Lubna and Islam were to pay 950k each, and the guy was now calculating Nora's.

"Ma your bill is 1.5 million." He told Nora.

"Okay. Insert theirs too." She said handing her card, wanting to pay everyone's bill.

As for Juhaif he didn't buy a new phone and Husna knew he wouldn't.

"You are freaking buying us phones?" Husna asked in shock. "Babe you're nice. That's why we will always be inseparable." She added.

"Okay Ma have your card back please." They heard the worker said.

And that's when they turned and realised Juhaif had already paid everything and was already walking to the door.

They both exchanged looks.

He actually paid for them!

"Your bro is nice. Be like him." Lubna teased her.

"Where's the money to be like him!" Husna honestly stated and they both cackled up.

"Okay popcorn on me." Lubna finally stated as they were leaving the phone store and heading to where the popcorn was.

They saw Juhaif touching his phone while waiting for them.

"Thanks so much." They thanked him and went ahead to get their popcorns and drink.

"Honestly I need three of that." Islam stated after seeing the small packs of the popcorn.

"And I need 100 of that." Husna stated.

"Don't bankrupt your cousin. God is seeing everything." Lubna teased as they all laughed.

"What did she say?" Islam asked Nora.

"She said there's God. Husna shouldn't bankrupt her because there's God."

"Anyways I don't have money. I'm not a tycoon like Nora." Lubna said.

"What a lie! How comes your sister has money and you don't?" Husna stated matter of fact.

"The same reason your bro has it and you don't." Lubna answered and once again they all laughed.

"Don't worry i will buy the popcorn for us." Islam and Nora chorused at the same time as they have already reached the place by now and were standing in-front of the popcorn guy!

"Okay he had already collected his. And here's for the girls." The worker said and handed each of them a pack of popcorn.

"Okay pay with this please." Lubna said and he looked confused.

"The guy ahead had already paid." He stated, pointing to Juhaif.

They both looked over to a walking Juhaif that was already several steps ahead of them.

He had paid for the second time.

They both sighed and followed suite.

It was already 9:00pm, they collected their tickets and got in. The film miracle in cell no 9 was to air. They silently walked inside and sat on the second line. They got VIP seats.

A place that was funny showed up and that made them all chuckled up, excluding Juhaif who didn't as much as smiled! Weird!! Islam thought.

After about an hour in to the film Islam heard some sobs beside her.

"Oh my God are you guys crying?" Islam asked glancing over at the girls.

Juhaif that was sitting in between Husna and Nora looked to his right and left, he shook his head at the weirdness of the girls crying furiously as the film ended. Islam looked at them she wanted to laugh but decided against it. But even if she didn't cry she was deeply touched by the film. And it's somehow a happy ending.

She believed the film deserved a bucket of tears or may be just few drops. That wasn't her first time watching it to be honest, hence why she wasn't crying. She looked at Lubs that was beside her. That girl was brave she didn't shade in as much as a single tear. Her tear gland must have already reached next level. It made Islam asked if that was her first time watching it. When she answered yes Islam had to salute her.

On the other hand Juhaif got tired of the wailings he was receiving from the girls beside him and finally stood up to leave heading towards the entrance.

"Guys the film has ended. And he's already up there. Common let's go." Lubna said.

But Husna and Nora kept crying like their life depended on it.

"Everyone fire!" They've heard and that's when they saw Husna running towards the door. She had no idea it was Lubna that got tired of waiting for them and made it up.

Next thing they saw was Islam clutching her stomach and laughing. "Atleast if there's real fire you will hear fire alarm!" Islam said laughing.

"Hello! This is Nigeria! You won't always get to hear any fire alarm!" Husna answered.

"Oh my God! Juhaif, Manal!" Suddenly Islam remembered something and had to call on Juhaif.

"Who is she?" He asked.

"We forgot the wedding! The girl from yesterday!" Islam said feeling bad.

"Oh! Yeah!! Too bad!" He replied.

They decided to drop by, they quickly got back home and picked the cards, followed the address and went to the wedding venue. Manal was so happy to see them.

"Congratulations Manal!" Islam said.

"You have beautiful cousins. Nice to meet you all." Manal greeted with a cheerful smile.

"Congratulations, you made a beautiful bride!" The girls complimented. They spent few minutes at the wedding before Islam gave her a gift and they left. It was a memorable wedding, even when they couldn't spend much time there since they were late.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 307 16
#BOOK ONE OF THE MUSLIMAH'S SERIES He met her just when he thought no woman could ever crush his ego, an egotistical conceited jerk he is and a billi...
6.7K 1.3K 34
My head was spinning. I didn't keep male friends here in Nigeria. I'd never left my face uncovered ever since I started using the Niqab. I didn't e...
228K 24K 43
"ALHAMDULILLAH. IT'S OFFICIAL. JASRAH IS NOW HASSAN'S WIFE". She felt her heart threatening to breakthrough it's ribcage. Cheers were all over the...
161K 17.2K 62
In the mundane, ordinary details that gave meaning to his life, she was in the background as his friend's younger sister. Nothing of much significanc...