Falling in Love with a Ghost

By darksolace

Kylie Livingston is your average, teenage girl. She has a past with ghosts so she can feel them or see them... More

Falling in Love with a Ghost:Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's Note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 16

1.5K 79 5
By darksolace

Kylie's POV

I wonder why Kris reacted like that. Oh, well. Maybe he just remembered something awful.

But now, I am happy that Crystal and I became friends. I thought I'll never get one because I am not that friendly. She's very nice and all.

And I wish Mark will be fine by tomorrow. I'm going to introduce him and Crystal to each other.

I heard a knock.

"Come in." Who is it this time?

Jake entered the room with a worried look. What happened to him?

"Hey. Can I ask you something?" He asked, walking towards me.

"You already-" I was about to give him a sarcastic answer when I saw that he is serious.

"I don't want a sarcastic answer. I asked you properly." He said with a straight face. He even had this I'm-your-older-brother-so-have-some-respect tone.

"Okay, okay. Fine. Ask me anything." I gave him a Go-ahead-ask-me look. He seems reluctant.

"Did something happen between you and Kris?" He asked while sitting on the bed beside me.

Hmm..did something happen? I don't think so. Wait..is earlier counted?

"Why?" I answered his question with a question. He glared at me. What? Is it wrong to ask why before answering?

"Don't even remind me." He sighed.

~A few minutes earlier~

Jake's POV

"I'm home!" I saw Kris sitting on the sofa alone.

"Hey, Kris. How are ya?" I waved at him.

He didn't even look at me. And I noticed his eyebrows are knitted together. Did something happen?

"Yo, my bro~" I tried to get him out of his reverie. But it didn't work. I was completely ignored. I must not give up.

"Kris~" I patted him on the shoulder.
This time he looked at me. Wait, no. He glared at me. His eyes are cold and full of hatred.

I was caught off guard and before I knew it, he's already gone.

~Back to the present~

Kylie's POV

"Full of hatred? Are you sure?" When I saw his eyes earlier, it was only cold. Does it mean if your eyes are cold, it is full of hatred?

"Yeah. I'm worried."

"Don't worry. He's okay. Isn't he like that everyday?"

"I don't know. So, did something happen between the two of you?"

"Nothing in particular." I shrugged.

"I don't believe you."

"Okay. I just told him that I have a new friend in school, and I admire her."

"Oh, I get it. He's jealous. I smell love here." He wiggled his eyebrows teasingly.

"Huh? What do you mean?" What is he talking about? Smell love?

"Haha..nothing. So, who's this person you admire?" He lay down on the bed, still having his smirk.

"Hehe..her name's Crystal Peige." I smiled happily.

His smirk was completely wiped off when I looked back at him.

"What's wrong?" I furrowed my eyebrow. He also reacted negatively when he heard the name. What's wrong with Crystal's name?

"..oh...nothing..ahaha..okay..rest now..good night.." He stood up and left.

How come I think that his smile was fake or forced?

Jake's POV

"So, who's this person you admire?" I lay down on the bed.

"Hehe..her name's Crystal Peige." Crystal? I have a bad feeling after I heard that name. I think I heard that before. I just can't remember when and from who.

But this bad feeling doesn't seem to go away.

"..oh...nothing..ahaha..okay..rest now..good night.." I forced a smile and immediately ran towards my room.

The bad feeling keeps on getting worse.

I ran towards the bathroom. Ah! It's coming out!

(sound of something falling on the water)

I sighed in relief. I made it in time. After I'm done, I went out of the bathroom.

Yeah, the bad feeling earlier is about my stomach. It seems I ate something weird earlier.

Haha! You thought that the bad feeling I'm talking about is about Crystal, am I right? Hah! Seriously? Nah..just kidding.

Okay, on the serious note, I really had a bad feeling about this Crystal. Aahhh~! I have to remember! Why was I born with a poor memory?!

~Next day~

Kylie's POV

"See ya later!" I waved at Jake and went outside the house.

I saw Mark running towards his car. Oooh, he has his own car. I wish I have one, too.

Well, whatever. I'll just ride the bus. It takes a lot of energy just to get to the bus stop. Ugh! I hate walking!

"Hey, Kyles!" Did someone just call me?

I turned to see who it was. And I saw Mark beside me, driving his car.

"Oh, Mark! Are you feeling well now?" I stopped walking. Please be well and take me to school with you! I don't want to walk anymore!

"Oh, yeah. I feel better now. Are you worried?" He even has this smirk on his face.

"You seem to enjoy looking at people who are worried. Are you a sadist?" I asked then raised my eyebrow.

"Hahaha..what are you talking about? C'mon, hop on. Let's go to school together." He opened the door for me. Yes!

"Thanks. You're a lifesaver."

The ride to school was not bad. We talked about random things. He even asked who my new friend is. I said that he'll meet her soon.

Then, we arrived in school. We got out of the car together.

*murmur* *whisper*

What? A lot of people are staring at us. Or at me? Yeah, of course. 'Coz I'm beautiful. *flip hair* Nah, just kidding. The people are staring at my friend here beside me. Or rather my boyfriend. Hohoho~ Just kidding. I'm so ambitous! Haha...

Of course, they'll look at him. He's handsome. Yeah, most of the crowd are girls. And they envy me because I got to ride with him! Haha!

"Come on. Don't mind them." He then held my hand and dragged me away from the crowd.

I looked at him incredulously.

Don't mind them? He just said 'don't mind them', right?

Are you stupid or what? You're holding my hand! They'll get the wrong idea! You'll get me into big trouble, mister!

He just kept walking, unaware of my situation.

Hey! Stop staring at my back! I'm starting to melt here, you jealous monsters!

When we got out of sight of those demons, he eventually let go of my hand. I didn't initiate to let go because, you know, it might hurt his feelings? He might think that I don't like to hold his hand or something like that.

"You know, you just led me into the door of hell." I said, looking straight to his eyes.

"What? What are you talking about?" He looks kinda baffled.

"About those-

"Oh, it's you, Kylie!" I saw Crystal running towards us. We looked at her.

I felt this guy beside me stiffened.

"Is..s-she..the new friend..you were talking about?.."

"Hm? Yeah, that's her. Isn't she beautiful?"

When I heard him stutter, I thought it's because he likes her. But when I looked at him, I was shocked. He looked..shocked and angry?.. His eyes were wide and his jaws were clenched.

"Oh, look who's here." Crystal smiled.

Do they know each other? And I think there's something wrong. Something's not right. I think there's something behind that smile of hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waah! I'm so sorry for the late update! I didn't get any idea on how to write this chapter...

And sorry for errors! Thanks for reading! Bye~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 9.3K 29
Kylie Jenson is not popular nor is she girly. In fact, she's the opposite. She doesn't wear makeup or designer clothes (gasp), she hates shopping (do...
606K 23.5K 32
"I'm not the one who can see ghosts" "I'm not the one who is a ghost" "That was actually really hurtful" "Aww I'm sorry, wait I don...
12.7K 940 40
ATTENTION READERS: I will be removing the complete story in a month (March 2nd, 2021 or so) so please keep that in mind when starting this story. I w...
1.9M 99.7K 37
What would you do if your apartment is haunted by a smoldering hot ghost, who is planning to make your life a living hell if you don't move out? R...