Stay By Blue (You) - (Khun x...

By Laoshu101

*Semi Hiatus* *Modern AU* Khun Aguero Agnis, the CEO of his family's failing business, rebuilds it after a be... More

Chapter 1 - The Contract
Chapter 2 - The Woman
Chapter 3 - The Secretary
Chapter 4 - The Jealousy
Chapter 5 - The Misunderstanding
Chapter 6 - The Reveal
Chapter 7 - The Leave
Chapter 8 - The Accident
Chapter 9 - The Replacement
Restart

Chapter 10 - The Escape Room

125 8 1
By Laoshu101

Trying to do and escape an escape room in real life is HaRd

And now who's trying to write one-

o<(-_-)>o ;-; o<(-_-)>o ;-; o<(-_-)>o ;-; :-)

' <I don't know. Just because.> Really, really that's all I can say about dressing up as a whole other person to my brother.' Avery was internally screaming and thinking about the situation that just went down earlier. Covering her face in embarrassment, she walked back to the car Khun lent her.

You could say it was a walk of shame, just not in that kind of way

She pulled out her phone and clicked the number Khun gave her to call him. She then tapped on the keyboard, once she was finished she pressed the send button and went on to drive out of the empty parking lot.

Mr. Boss

I got the contract signed.

Good, you can continue doing paperwork.

Obviously, it was text, since calling is so old fashion. When Khun received the text, he was a bit taken aback. He didn't expect her to be finished so quickly, it made him impressed, just a bit.

The rest of the day, nothing interesting happened, but at the end of work, Khun got a text. From his good old pal, Bam.

Avery, on the other hand, sighed, 'More paperwork!'

Bam

You wanna grab food?

When you're free.

Sure

Where though?

I don't know, you chose.

What about the Tower

Ok, what time?

I get off work soon, so how about 7 pm.

Ok, I'll reserve a table for us.

Bam texted Khun to meet up with him for multiple reasons, like; how is his life going, is Avery doing ok, since she's wearing some weird get-up, what was Avery even doing there in the first place.

Khun drove to the tall building, it was one of the tallest buildings in Japan. Even though it wasn't only a restaurant, because what restaurant has that many floors, it was most well known as being a 5-star restaurant, good food and stuff.

Entering the doors, he was greeted by the employee who places you to your table.

"Hi, do you have a reservation, or do you plan to wait?"

If you have a reservation, you're easily in, it's not just a place where you can waltz in and get a seat. It's a five-star restaurant, they have standards, high standards.

And it is about the money, cause that's apparently what the world revolves around. Sorry narcissistic people, the world doesn't revolve around you, it revolves around money.

The popularity brings tourist or visiting celebrities to the place, so many people go there, but are they rich, not exactly. But a place like that, they can't just deny people to not eat, because they can't reserve a table, let alone the expensive food.

"Yes, it should be under Bam, Bam Grace."

"George, Ging, Glare, Gmore, aha, Grace. Table number 25, on the top floor. Follow this person." They said, pointing to a person nearby. Their job was to send the costumers to their tables and notify the waiters, and waitresses to take their orders.

"Right, this way sir." They lead Khun into the elevator and pressing the top floor button.

The higher the floor was, it meant the richer and more important the customer was. Better seating, the finest quality food, a breathtaking view. Not to mention the place was luxuriously decorated, gold, gems, jewels, silver. Though to most people who went up there it was standard for it to look like that, something less and well there goes the restaurant's reviews, now they have a bad reputation.

Those people's houses are full of exotic things, or priceless antiques. Not to mention gold diggers.

"Over here!" Khun saw Bam waving, and he walked over, pulling the chair out and sitting down.

"Hey, it's good to see you again," Khun said taking off his suit jacket.

Grabbing the menus the two men began looking on what to order, and continued chatting.

"So how's your life going."

"Good," Khun replied as he flipped to the next page.

"Nothing interesting, no one interesting?"

"Not really."

"Come on Khun, lighten up a bit, I just wanted to have a friendly dinner and catch up more, but you're treating this like a meeting."

"Well, nothing really interesting is going on with my life. What about you?"

"Oh, you know the usual missions and stuff, speaking of missions I saw my sister."

"And the point is?" Khun said thinking about nasty Rachel, and her atrocity-ness.

"I met her during a mission, and the reason that happened was a certain contract you wanted to be signed." Khun flinched a bit at the sudden words, stopping from reading over the menu.

"Seems like I'm right, so tell me about it, I'm curious since it's 'nothing interesting'."

"I didn't know you had another sister."

3...

"I only have 2, unlike you, you have a lot of sisters and brothers."

2...

1...

"Excuse me a second." Khun abruptly said, and quickly stood up, rushing away to somewhere private, like a quite balcony outside.

That area was a smoking area, and even though Khun didn't smoke, there he stood in the smoking zone, not smoking. 'So if Rachel isn't my fiancee, then Karen is.'

After thinking for a while, Khun calmly made his way back to his seat. And they continued conversing after Khun apologized for the sudden leave, which Bam only waved it off politely and saying it was fine.

They looked at the menu for a while longer, just until the server would come. Both had a general idea of what they wanted to order. The menu had a lot to offer. Cuisine from all around the world, a lot of it combined just in one single menu. The chefs here really do get paid well for this, yet so many different cooking techniques to master, so it makes sense.

"Are you gentleman ready to take your orders?"

"Yes," Bam said smiling. "We'll get an appetizer of baked sesame calamari, and a plate full of o 'oeuvres."

"And a cocktail shrimp glass," Khun added.

"And for your main courses sirs?"

"I'll take a whisky and a Parm des Jeunes Pommes," Khun said closing the menu.

"And I'll have a pineapple chicken fillet, smoked in tiki almond sauce with a side of roasted garnished truffles. And to drink... a glass of your homemade milk tower." Bam smiled as the waiter took the menu away.

"Ok, your orders should be coming soon." And they walked away to hand the order for the chef to make.

So after a bit of pestering and persuading from Bam, but mostly pestering and prodigy, Khun told Bam what he wanted to know. Even though it was nothing 'interesting'.

"Well I needed the property Dan owned, and he was being a bit... stubborn about it, so we came to an agreement with the contract I sent my secretary. I also wanted to test her skills so it was just killing two birds with one stone. That's it, nothing interesting." Khun explained to Bam.

"Uh sure, no excuse me for a moment well I got to the bathroom." And this time it was Bam who left.

Doing his time away, the appetizers came, and Khun eyed them, a hungry look, specifically the shrimp he ordered.

Bam walked back to the table, "Oh, the appetizers came, great!" He said as he looked at Khun who had two shrimp in his mouth, the tails sticking out, and a deer caught in headlight look on the blue-haired man's face.

"Ahem," Khun coughed, embarrassed how Bam caught in childish behaviour.

"Haha, it's fine, Avery acts the same way all the time, so I usually have to babysit her."

'Is that his dog?' Khun thought though he didn't want to say it out loud, it could become awkward, and he didn't want to mess up catching up with an old friend. It was safer to not say anything, besides, Khun was more occupied with feasting on shrimp, and now was making his way on the food Bam had ordered."

"Mr. Khun save some room for the main course and dessert."

"I'm hungry, cuz I forgot to eat lunch. Leave me alone," Khun mumbled, munching away at the rest of the appetizers.

"You're such a workaholic, find a hobby or something."

"Hey, are you busy next week?"

"No, not really, just work stuff, nothing majorly important. Why?"

"I have a surprise!"

"I don't like surprises, so whatever you're planning, forget it." This made Bam pout.

"Fine, I'll go..." Khun couldn't resist that pout, it was really hard to say no to certain people, and Bam had one of those certain people's personality type. Nobody could say no to that face.

One week later.

Khun had continued to work, so did his secretary Karen (Avery). Nothing major happened just plain old boring work. Until the day Bam had a surprise for Khun came around.

"Why am I blindfolded?"

"Cause it's a surprise, and I wouldn't want it to be ruined. Hehe."

"I regret this decision," Khun sighed. Being blindfolded, and going to an unknown place. What could go wrong? Kidnapping? A random? A surprise birthday party even though it wasn't his birthday.

"Just keep quiet until I say to remove the blindfold. Ok?" Bam said, opening a door, and continued to lead Khun to who knows where.

Actually I know exactly where. Hehehe.

"This better not lead to a hassle." And a click was heard, Khun was sat down, now with some sort of seatbelt tying him down. He was in some sort of restraint.

"No promises~" Bam said, cheekily walking away.

"Come back here you little-"

"Shhhh, or I'll never release you." And that was when Khun knew he f*cked up, big time.

His once best friend, now ex-best friend, had probably sold him on the black market. Maybe someone wanted him dead, his father? He felt betrayed, did Bam act all friendly and nice, just to turn on him?

Then he heard the door open again, not planning to put himself in a worse position, he kept his mouth shut. He heard multiple footsteps walking his way.

'Is this it, is this how it all ends? I didn't even get to tell my father I despise him and his existence, or make him suffer in agony.'

*Thump*

He felt another presence beside him, then the same click from earlier, when they tied him down.

'Oh, is someone else getting kidnapped? Tough luck on them.'

"Is this even legal?" The voice of an unknown teenage boy said.

"Don't worry about it," Bam said.

"Well if you have any problems you can speak to my manager, I just work here, 'kay. Don't try puttin' the blam on me."

"Oh, you totally have the wrong impression." And then it went silent, the door shut, leaving the room lifeless. It was now two people sitting there, blindfolded.

"Ok ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to E-xit, an escape room place! This is specially customized, not the normal one you may have heard of. You have 5 hours to complete this! It may be long, but if you don't escape you'll be stuck in there forever! Work with your partner to escape!"

'It's worse than being kidnapped.' Khun groaned.

"Now you may remove your blindfolds because the clock starts now! Go!"

Khun skillfully untied the ropes, and took off his blindfold, it was just a regular shoelace knot, nothing hard to untie. There sat beside him was a woman. A blindfold also on, and was struggling to untie the knot she was tied in.

Her's was way more complicated than Khun's shoelace knot, but he decided to let her take care of it. Looking around the place, he was in what seemed to be a carriage, the inside of it.

He could still hear the fiddling of the woman trying to untie the knot. Sighing he grabbed her wrists, which made her flinch, and tried to undo them. No luck. The trick to untying any know was to find the ends, but where were they.

There stood in the invisible spotlight was the end of the rope, down by his feet. Where he threw away the rest of the rope, thinking he didn't need it. Grabbing the ends he finally successfully untied the woman's knot.

Which earned him a thanks. 'Wait, that voice sounds familiar-' She undid her blindfold and there eyes met. Deep blue seeing golden eyes.

"Karen! What are you doing here!"

"Mr. Khun?! I could ask you the same thing!"

One week prior to this.

As Bam walked to the bathroom after he just excused himself from the meal he was having with a friend, he pulled out his phone, and immediately dialled a number, hoping they picked up quickly.

"Hey, son, what's up-"

"Dad, you know that marriage proposal thing mom's mad about!"

"Yeah, and?"

"Well, Mr. Khun just gave Avery some important work. Mr. Khun hasn't really changed ever since, meaning he would never give something as important as that to some new person, unless..."

"I see your point."

"Maybe they should actually get married."

"Oh, I know just the perfect plan."

"Ok, but text me, because I'm busy." and with that, he hung up, and walked back to the table.

During the dinner, felt the buzz of his phone that was sitting in his pockets. As discreetly as he could. Bam did his best to maneuver it out of his pocket, into his hands, unlock the device, open the text, read the text, all while trying to be caught by Khun.

Back in school, Bam would never do such a thing, but his classmates, they sure did. Sneaking their phones during the class, while the teacher explained the lesson that Bam paid attention to. Yes, he was a teacher's pet.

And Bam seemed to have great luck, and genetics, because he pretty much had the capability to observe and repeat. And that 'ability' still was present to this day, and he could still remember how to do it.

While Khun chewed on his food, Bam took this as a chance.

From Dad:

I had planned to do this escape room for your mother as an anniversary gift, but... she's mad and refuses to talk to me until next month. Ans she'll uphold that. The tickets expire very soon, so we won't make this. So take this chance and-

"Hey Bam, are you not gonna eat?" Khun said with a mouthful of food.

"Yeah, I just don't know where to start."

Fast forward to the present time.

Bam stood in a studio room, a bunch of microphones, buttons and electronics surrounding him. It was the control room. Monitor the people participating, where they answer the 3 hints that are available, and just generally control the building.

Except for this building, recently bought by V, was the place he hired someone to manufacture a romantic escape room for his wife, who now was not even on speaking terms with him.

The room, is way, longer and bigger than most. Most maybe have 2-4 rooms. This one... well this one had many many more.

Bam intently watched the screen monitors.

"Gentlemen first," he saw Avery saying.

Khun's face looked a bit suspicious but nonetheless entered.

Big mistake.

o<(-_-)>o ;-; o<(-_-)>o ;-; o<(-_-)>o ;-; :-)

Published: July 22nd, 2020

Word count: ~ 2500 words

Next update: Maybe not Wednesday, trying to write a functioning escape room here

it's harder than it loks

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

483K 14.6K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
430K 26K 85
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
621K 18.7K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
169K 5.9K 43
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...