Bossy Vibes (Editing)

Angela_salvator

It was a sinner's suicide for anyone to work at Coopers Incorporation. It was no surprise that people aimed t... Еще

·.·• Iͷfϴ •·.·
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 1 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 2 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 3 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 4 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 5 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 6 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 7 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 8 (edited)
❆❅ ѧєṡṭһєṭıċṡ ❅❆
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 9 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 10 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 11 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 12 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 13 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 14 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 15 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 16 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 17 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 18 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 19 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 20 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 21 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 22 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 24 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 25 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 26 (edited)
Cнα⅊тɛʀ 27 (edited)
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 28 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 29 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 30 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 31 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 32 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 33 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 34 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 35 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 36 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 37 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 38 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 39 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 40 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 41 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 42 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 43 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 44 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 45 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 46 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 47 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 48 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 49 ☆
☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 50 ☆
𑁍 𝙀𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊 𑁍
✿✿ Ғʋƞ Ғαϲτៜ ✿✿
A/N

Cнα⅊тɛʀ 23 (edited)

12.2K 371 27
Angela_salvator

Elijah's P.O.V

Every day, every hour, every minute, every second I spent thinking about her. The way her eyes shone whenever I referred to her by Miss Nora instead of Miss Jones with that spark of pride and satisfaction. It was a rare sight since I only ever referred to her by the former when she was hurt, or my guard dropped, and I showed some concern. The latter I had to use whenever I needed her to know I was superior and she was inferior, I was her boss after all.

My infuriating secret was that I wanted her around me all the goddamn time, when she wasn't near me life lost all colours and I became colourblind to the wonders around me. She made me proud of her whenever she stood her ground and didn't take shit from anyone including myself. She was feisty, in an alluring way, that made me want to push all her buttons to the extreme and see her erupt like an art exhibit showcasing its magnificence. Her eyes would always crinkle in distaste before the most beautiful flare of anger crossed her features and made her into a phoenix rising from the ashes. Everything was pointless without her there.

When she wasn't angry, she held the most captivating eyes I'd ever witnessed, always filled with constant curiosity about the world she'd never got to experience. Those eyes were poison in the sense that one look at them and I'd be gone, fully under her spell like she was Medusa, and I was an idiotic slayer that had failed. 'Command me, Nora, I'm yours to do with as you please', I'd never tell her the power she held in her fingertips, I'd play a theatrical scene, showcasing the opposite of my true feelings.

Regardless, whether that be with restaurants, cities, or clothes, I needed to be the reason behind her memories and feelings. Her experiences needed to be magical, and I'd keep everyone away from her if it meant I could keep her to myself, that innocence was pure and rare. She was cocaine to my body, and I was becoming addicted to her in ways that would do more harm than pleasure. Soon she'd be irresistible.

Whenever she smiled or laughed or even bloody spoke, I could hear her, she stood out so much that even if I stuffed my ears with noise blockers, I would still hear that melodic voice luring me into her seductive trap before she'd grab me and drown me like a fool. Even her body and the clothes she wore made my trousers tight and strain, it was delightful in a masochistic kind of way, and I wouldn't dare change it for anything.

'Miss Nora fucking Jones, you're going to be the death of me.'

It was the sincerest truth I'd ever admitted to but the life I lived wasn't meant to be for her and as much as it pained me to push her away and put on a hateful façade it was necessary. She wouldn't be able to handle the dangers or the near-death experiences or even the constant stress and trust issues that came with my job.

Staring at my reflection in the mirror of my bathroom, I tried to envision the perfect man for Nora, but it was fruitless. I didn't want any other man around her, only myself and it wasn't fair that the one thing I'd ever wanted in my life came with inexplainable consequences. I groaned loudly and depressingly before avoiding the man in the mirror and running my fingers through my hair. I'd never be her perfect man, not if I stayed in the fucking underworld like I'd lived my entire life.

I was stressed and nothing could calm the nerves strumming in my body other than a game at the casino. Nora was clearly out of the question; she was my weakness and the last time I had turned to her for help we'd been playing Uno at my grandmother's house. 'What an idiot', I ridiculed myself. She had to be kept away from me and so I'd trashed her hopeful thoughts on a potential close moment by throwing it in her face.

With the bathroom being steamed up, I stepped out and faced the full-length mirror on my wardrobe to spray some musky cologne on my neck and wrists. I didn't want to go to Leon's party, but we'd been invited for potential deals and offers by other clients, so I had to make it work for the sake of the company. The black tuxedo I laid on myself was my secret way of turning Nora on and making sure all the other men knew she was mine. I made sure that I added a white handkerchief to the top pocket of my suit so that it matched with her white dress, 'subtle and yet so obvious', I mused mischievously.

'But could looks be deceiving?' I questioned before answering my own putrid thoughts, 'Well I guess I was proof of that.' Looks were definitely deceiving and I knew that much from my own experience as I shuffled to the coffee table and reached for my handgun. The weapon needed to be concealed in a way that no one could see it if I was to move around so with that in mind I strapped the gun to the outer side of my ankle, high enough to secure it tightly but low enough to access it with ease. It was practical and hidden and only to be used in the case of an emergency if any situation derailed out of my control.

Tugging my tuxedo trousers over the gun, I smoothed out the wrinkles on my suit only to curse expletively at the annoyingly persistent messages and voicemails left by Emma Ranch, a pain in the ass and yet my 'girlfriend.' That woman was the real she-devil from the way her long manicured nails always scraped my jaw whenever she got too close or from the way her lips disgustingly sneered in an attempt to smile which failed to be seductive from all the Botox she'd injected.

Miss Ranch was only a means of business where if it weren't for my nightmare of a father coming back into my life and forcing us to be together to strengthen our underground organisations, I'd have ditched her ages ago. Her father, Elliott Ranch, was close friends and business partners with my father so she took full advantage of the opportunity to destroy my miserable life even further.

The incessant notification sounds were fucking annoying, so I grabbed my phone off the coffee table and blocked her ass right there, so I'd get some peace and quiet. 'Finally the bitch is gone', I noted with genuine relief, yet it did little to alleviate my nerves for tonight. I'd have to take a shot of tequila to feel even the slightest bit better.

Studying the Rolex I'd added to my wrist, I noted the time as it neared to eight o'clock, which was when the party started. 'Alright, let's get this show on the road', I pepped myself up, huffing and giving one last look over myself in the mirror. Grabbing my hotel and car keys, I locked my door and walked to Nora's door before gently rasping my knuckles against the wood.

"Coming!" Shouted Nora's soft and slightly annoyed voice. I quirked my lips up in a small smile as I imagined the way her eyes would sarcastically roll, and she'd probably sigh in irritation. 'Oh yeah, she definitely hated me but that's a good thing', I tried to convince myself, frowning for a second and continuing, 'The stronger she hates me, the safer she'll be.'

Within a few minutes and some disastrous shuffling and cursing, Nora opened the door and I rushed to rid the smile I'd had before she could see it. Instead, I lost all movement of my muscles as paralysis took over and I stared at her intently. 'Holy fucking shit', my mind added for me, my eyes trailing over her perfect curvy silhouette.

"Er, I... uh, are-"

I couldn't even form a coherent sentence as I embarrassingly coughed and tried to stand confidently. In front of me was the most gorgeous woman I'd come across in my entire life with Nora teetering shyly at the door. She was wearing the white dress we'd picked out for her a few hours ago, the material hugging her stunningly as the deep plunge line made me run out of breath and the leg, she'd presented through the slit tempted me to grab her and bend her right over the desk to do with her as I wished. Even her shoes were white to match the dress.

'Look what you've done to me, Nora', I wanted to shout exasperatedly. She'd turned me into a mess, and she'd have to take responsibility for that. Her brunette hair was cascading down her shoulders and back in intricate curls and her face was poised like a swan's beauty as her lips stained in red and her eyes twinkled with black winged eyeliner. She'd never worn as much makeup until today, but it suited her so damn well that I wanted to take a photograph and place it in my wallet for keepsake. I cleared my throat reminding myself, 'I shouldn't mix work with pleasures.'

"Yes?" Nora asked innocently, staring at me with those lustrous eyes and small-like voice.

"Are you finally ready to leave?" I impatiently asked her, making sure to roll my eyes for added flair. My personal assistant gritted her teeth, and I could see her clenching the door tightly as if she wanted to slam the door in my face. 'Go on, do it, I want to see that flare of yours, I reckoned.

"In a minute, I just need to do one more thing", she replied, swallowing her anger, and turning around to walk further into her room. As she moved, my eyes dropped down to her hair rippling in the artificial lights above us before moving further down to her back, admiring the defined spine and slender waist. I trailed my intense stare further down to her ass, immediately focused on the way her hips elegantly swayed side-to-side whilst she moved as if she were on a model walkway.

"I don't have all damn day, Miss Jones, hurry up or we'll be late", I added forcefully. She probably thought I was annoyed with her but really, I needed to be distracted from that body she was tormenting me with or else we'd never leave the bedroom.

"Okay fine!" Nora exasperated dramatically, grabbing her red purse and a small red jacket that matched to her lipsticks. I made a move to the elevator, catching a glimpse of fear in her eyes as she shuffled to lock her door quickly and follow after me. 'Did I scare her?' I wondered as she kept a slight distance from me.

I sighed at that thought before we silently travelled down to the underground parking and then headed to my car. I'd had the black Lamborghini transported over to Las Vegas for the duration of the trip so that I could drive in style, 'Nora deserved the best after all.' I couldn't tell her blatantly that I liked her so instead I settled for the subtle actions.

Once we'd finally got into the car, Nora fastened her seatbelt, and I took that as an opportunity to check my phone. 'Rico still hasn't texted me anything. Guess he must be frightened shitless for his life after he received my heart-warming gift,' I delightedly hoped.

Rico Caputo was a headstrong underworld leader and also my main competitor who had raised in ranks from all over the city and started taking bits for himself. I'd tried plenty of times to get him to fuck off and leave my territory alone but he was so determined to be the leader of the New York underworld that I'd had to resort to drastic measures.

Nora looked at me curiously at that and I turned to face her with a glare that put hers to shame, always so nosy but that's how I knew that she felt something for me too, something more than hate, however tiny it was in comparison.

"Miss Nora, you look decent", I uncomfortably complimented her, but Nora simply lit up like a Christmas tree and smiled.

"You're not too bad yourself", she replied, and I chuckled at that before starting the vehicle up and driving to the Carlisle mansion.

By the time we'd driven up the driveway it had been an hour and my legs were beginning to cramp. The venue itself trapesed into an ancient palace, closely resembling to a place of recluse for introverts rather than a modern place for the rich. With greying bricks and old-styled windows, it gave me a nagging feeling that something would go wrong, and I instantly tensed at the bad vibes, 'I don't like this place.' Leon and his father had probably committed plenty of murders in elaborate underground cells and then tried to painstakingly hide the evidence away from the police, leading to cold cases.

Although I had to admit their garden was actually alright, it wasn't as good as my place but there were designs of exotic flowers all lined in twirling spirals around the land. In random places you could make the details out of expensive decoration like the main water fountain that was surrounded by miniature water fountains. There were alcoves for those that wanted to sit on their own on a bench and enjoy the peace of nature and some paths around woodland areas to connect with the birds and insects. I could see security guards roaming the gates and land, keeping photographers, the media, and any trespassers from entering.

We stepped out of the car together, standing side by side before Nora started excitedly walking towards the entrance where every other guest was heading. I could see it everywhere on her, there was a forbidden sense of anticipation from the way she held her head high and kept looking everywhere, smiling towards the guests as they mingled outside and smoked their cigarettes.

"Where are you going?" I asked Nora. If anything we were going to walk inside together at the same time, not just her walking ahead of me. The men needed to see that she was mine and only mine. 'Hang on, did she like Leon?' Anger surged through me at that, and I looked away as she turned to stare in my direction, 'I didn't think she liked those kinds of men that were Leon... Idiotic twats that only cared for money and power.'

"You weren't going, so I just took the initiative..." Nora interrupted my thoughts before trailing off as she became uneasy with the mistake.

"Miss Jones, you're the personal assistant. I'm the boss and I will decide when we enter the party and when we don't, does that make sense?" I questioned her with maybe too much sass as she backed away and nodded instead.

I shrugged discerningly, lingering near the car for a little bit longer before the chill of the night started numbing my fingers. 'If I was starting to freeze then how was Nora not turning into an ice block?' I wondered, glancing to her, and seeing her teeth chattering and body trembling, 'Any longer and she'd start getting ill.'

"Alright, let's go", I prompted, and I swear I heard Nora sigh in relief, muttering a quick thanks to the heavens above.

The hallways of the place were neatly perfect, just like the outside of the mansion. There were three in total, and each direction was fully brimmed with expensive portraits, exotic flowers, and eccentric designs on the ceiling. Twisted into a creative scene they depicted the famous Greek gods and titans during their wars. Below those scenes, the scent of wine mixed with cocktails and cigarettes careened into us whilst people milled near the windows and gossiped, looking around them to make sure their victims were blissfully unaware of their harsh words.

We moved to the main hall space which centred a theme of the Greeks consistently, carved ice blocks of Aphrodite and Apollo. Buffets of food were spread out along tables on the edge of the room and in the centre were a few tables for people to sit and rest whilst at the front a dancing space was made for those that were too drunk and needed a release.

All the men instantly looked towards us, or should I say, looked at Nora. Eyeing her greedily they licked their lips seductively and analysed her figure whilst taking bigger gulps of their alcoholic drinks to try and find the confidence to approach her. It was torture for me, and I regretted buying that dress for her if this was the reaction she was going to get from the men.

Nora was an angel, and I was tainted like the Devil that everyone called me but even so this moment made me want to protect her for as long as I could especially considering that after a year, I'd have to end our contract and release her from the prison she was in. I could tell she hated me for it all.

I glared at each and every man that looked in her direction, watching them squirm under my gaze before turning back around, "Well then, don't just stand there, Miss Jones. Talk to people and make sure it's strictly business, we need deals and negotiations."

An innocent warning to a woman that was innocently naïve of what men were capable of thinking and doing. There were plenty of men that would want Nora for anything but business, so this was my way of keeping them in their place.

Nora rolled her eyes then walked away to a group of personal assistants she'd met during the previous meetings. Mostly women I immediately relaxed but a pang of disappointment surrounded me that she didn't fight to stay by my side or that I wouldn't be able to ogle her throughout the night.

"Hello Mr Cooper. How long has it been since we last saw each other?" A feminine voice crooned behind me. It was a voice I faintly recognised but couldn't place the face behind it. Turning around there stood Mrs Lisa Shelby, Leon's aunt. The woman was at least fifty years old with terrible wrinkles, the beginnings of grey hair, and a figure that was losing its younger days and most importantly the woman was married. She always flirted with me especially when her husband walked off to conduct business and was too distracted.

"Mrs Shelby", I acknowledged with a tilt of my head until she walked too close and hooked her hand with my arm.

"Well, how long then?" She persisted.

"It's been a few years, six at the most", I curtly answered.

"And a handsome face like yours roaming around alone? That's insulting don't you think?" She sneered leading us to one of the tables holding alcoholic beverages.

"Oh don't worry about me, I came with a young date, but she's making business deals for me", I told her smirking when she scowled disappointingly and tightened her grip on me. 'She's like Gollum for crying out loud.'

"Why did you even bring someone here if they're just going to do business? What about the pleasantries? Isolating yourself like you are right now, is pointless."

"Please, sometimes I like being alone. It helps to plan for greater things plus women are a distraction anyways, don't you think?" I questioned with a smirk. Her face dropped at that, looking unsatisfied with my reply.

"It's stupid, that's what I think", she snapped, quickly smiling when we passed a couple then returning to glare and whisper seductively in my direction, "My husband is going to mingle for a few hours here and I'm going to be all alone later in the night. Why don't you join me for a little bit, we can have some fun?"

I raised my eyebrows at that, stunned that she'd recklessly invite someone to do such things, "Mrs Shelby, what did you not understand about my previous comment?"

Lisa studied me intently, her grip loosening for a second then returning tenfold, "Oh well, it was worth a try! Anyways, I was hoping for a gentleman such as yourself to pass me a glass of champagne."

With that prompt I smiled formally, reaching for a flute, and then pouring the champagne inside, the bubbles tingling and sizzling effervescently. Lisa unsuspectedly relaxed, waiting patiently as it was filled then trying to reach for the glass when it was done. I neared it to her slowly then when it was just about to be in her grasp, derailed and sent it closer to my lips, taking a tantalising sip of the beverage. Lisa watched, mouth agape in shock before she huffed in irritation.

"Mm, such delicious champagne. I wonder which one it is?" I pressed further taking another sip.

"Seriously?" She questioned watching my movements with an agape mouth then huffing in irritation.

"Seriously. I see you must have confused me with my brother, darling. Let me inform you, I am not your servant", with that Lisa stomped her foot then swirled around, stampeding her way through the crowd to go back to her husband.

'Now that's the way to get rid of that pest of a woman', I praised myself. Unfortunately that conversation had wasted much of my precious time and now I had less time to make my own business deals and negotiations. It didn't help that from where I was standing, I couldn't see Nora any longer. Panic raced through me, but I took on a placid expression and quickly made my way to where she was last talking all the while acknowledging other clients.

Some took the initiative to approach me, and I took it as my only opportunity to speak business with them, making offers and laughing with them about other companies or declining businesses. The trade market was a flimsy thing, and it wasn't reliable in the least, it was a war field. Other clients drank rancidly, dancing afterwards and proposing terrible offers that I replied with that I'd think about them.

Eventually after my throat had turned parched and I'd managed to get away from all the clients, I stumbled into a view of Nora who tried to act like she was busy with her phone, standing near one of the hallways. She was clearly feeling awkward in such large groups, but she was no longer following through with my orders. It annoyed me that simple things like that were for her too difficult, to be honest, she wasn't the best personal assistant I'd ever had, and her tardiness and late show ups were ridiculous.

As I neared her, I grasped for her wrist and tugged her with me to the hallway where less music followed us. Nora gasped at the contact, trying to free herself from my clutches, but I wasn't having it anymore. 'Enough, she needs to learn how to be a proper personal assistant!'

"Mr Elijah, it hurts!" She dramatically exclaimed once we'd stopped moving. I didn't let go of her, instead backing her closer to the wall where fear gnawed through her eyes, and it took everything in me not to reach out and try to caress her with care.

'Ugh, don't look at me with that scared face, I don't want you to be scared of me', I noted annoyed with myself that I couldn't be fully angry with her, and that I couldn't stand being near her for too long with all the power she held over me.

"What do you want to do then?" I snapped aggressively instead seeing her flinch is response.

"Let go of me!" She shrieked, still trying to pull away. I rolled my eyes at that then released her only to see her holding her wrist, rubbing it softly to alleviate the pain I'd supposedly caused her.

"Get a grip, I didn't hurt you that much", I humourlessly replied but guilt flooded my system and I wanted to kiss her wrist better.

"Why do you always do that?" Nora cryptically asked me, standing taller to try and defiantly fight my sternness, "Why do you always end up ruining everything and then hurting me for it?"

I stilled at the question, unsure of what she was trying to convey, 'What did she mean, I always ended up ruining everything and hurting her?' I tried to remember when I'd actually physically laid my hand against Nora, but nothing came up.

"What are you on about? I told you to make business deals and you were standing mindlessly about on your phone!" I barked back.

"I was messaging Naomi for details about a certain high-class client so I could make deals with him!" She screamed back at me. Tears started to roll down her cheeks causing her makeup to smudge and strain under the droplets and then rackets of sobs came out, loud and obnoxious bringing unwanted attention to us.

I fisted my hands together, infuriated that she was crying like a proper cry-baby and then angry at myself that I'd caused her to cry. People were beginning to huddle close to the scene, staring at us and listening in on the conversation as some women glared at me with obvious distaste. The men on the other hand evilly gleamed that the man who had originally claimed her was royally fucking things up. 'Shit, there it goes, well done Elijah', I sarcastically congratulated myself glaring at the group and avoiding Nora's presence.

"Get out of my sight."

"What?" Nora asked me in shock, but I couldn't bring myself to look at her any longer.

"I said, get out of my sight", I forcefully repeated, looking down to the floor and hoping that she'd stop producing those ghastly tears.

At that Nora didn't wait any longer and briskly walked away, heading in a random direction from the groups that persisted and then eventually dispersed from our lack of drama. I stopped caring once the hallway had emptied and left me feeling wracked with mixed emotions. Heading back to the grand hall, I tried to make more deals with clients, but rumours were spreading, and it was making deals harder. I took to drinking more alcohol, hoping it would numb the pain I'd caused Nora and distract me from her previous questions.

'What did she mean by that statement? How did I end up ruining things and hurting her?' It was endlessly circulating in the back of my mind, driving me insane. Another sip of the alcohol and I followed through with more questions, 'When did I ruin anything?' And again I sipped, the burn of the liquid threatening me with pain. After a few glasses, it hit me.

'I'd just ruined the night for the both of us by grabbing her then degrading and humiliating her in front of all the guests', I facepalmed at that, silently wishing I could turn back time when another thought crossed me, 'You absolute dipshit, you need to fix this!'

The alcohol buzzed me to life, and I shuffled through the crowds of guests, searching everywhere and anywhere for my personal assistant. I felt terrible for her, and I wanted nothing more than to lash out and punish my own actions. Willing myself to calm down I left the mansion after not finding her inside, searching the garden and land around the place.

'Handle her with care, she's not like the usual people you deal with', I reminded myself as the dark corners of the land taunted me with guilt. Whenever I passed a flower patch though, I picked some from the soil and began to make a bouquet with colourful petals that would help me win Nora over. Part of me laughed at the fact that when Leon found out he'd be devasted but another part of me thanked him that he'd had the decency to create such beautiful patches.

Eventually there, on a bench underneath a sycamore tree and close to the main water fountain, was Nora. She was helplessly wailing as she dabbed her face with a tissue and then looked up at the night sky before erupting in more tears. I hated seeing anyone cry because of me, especially when they didn't do anything wrong, and it was entirely my fault. I could admit that my assumption she wasn't working was entirely my mistake and that I should have simply asked her what she was doing instead but I was the Devil.

At first, I kept my distance from Nora hoping that after a bit more space she'd calm down. Once she did, I neared, hiding the bouquet of flowers under the bench, and settling down beside her. My personal assistant, upon sensing my presence, turned her body in the other direction giving me the cold shoulder and hint that she didn't want anything to do with me.

'That's my girl, don't let me walk all over you. Fight me with all you have', I admired Nora, blissfully glad that she had a backbone to do such a thing to me. I didn't speak for a few minutes, listening instead to her small sniffles and cute hiccups.

"I'm sorry Miss Nora", I whispered quietly at first.

Nora didn't turn around, but I could sense her tuning into the conversation as the sniffles reduced even more and all that was left were trailing tears that dropped onto her dress.

"I want to apologise to you, and I've never told anyone that I was sorry to them before, so be happy", I sincerely added, crossing my arms against my chest, and staring up at the leaves of the trees that swayed in the chilly night.

Those words ignited a response in Nora, luckily, because she straightened her back and turned to study me with a suspicious glance. I tried to show her just how sorry I was by reaching under the bench and picking up the flowers.

Nora at first hesitated, confused at what I was doing then gaping at the bouquet when I presented it to her awkwardly. 'God what was I doing?' I groaned completely uncomfortable and losing all sense of confidence.

"What are they for?" Nora asked me as her eyes shone with adoration from all the colours she could see.
"My way of showing you just how sincere I am with my apology."

"You didn't have to, sir."

"I wanted to."

Her face lit up and she reached tentatively for the flowers, her fingers softly brushing against mine before they encased around the stems. I became overjoyed with happiness at the touch we'd just shared, tingles shooting everywhere through my body as Nora innocently smiled at me.

"You're forgiven but please don't ever do that in public again", she begged, bringing the flowers up to her face so she could sniff them. Her eyes closed in wonder, and I took the time to appreciate the person sitting next to me.

"I'll never do that in public again, I'm really sorry", I promised her then chided myself for turning so soft and apologising to her so many times.

Nora looked back at me; her eyes mystified that I wasn't as bad as she thought I was. The scene was comedic if it weren't for the unfortunate circumstances, we were in.

When I met her eyes, I took a deep breath in just now realising that even though I looked into her eyes every day I never noticed just how much they resembled my favourite colour: Brown. Like the nature that grew my favourite flowers and reminded me of Grandma and her hours of lectures on looking after plants, or the trees that always brought about a sense of peace throughout spring and summer. Time stopped as everything around us dissolved and the wind was all that we could hear. I reached for her, slowly stroking my thumb against her cheeks trying to rub the droplets away.

I couldn't resist the urge to kiss her when she looked at me with strong emotions of love, they were captivating, and this scene was turning sickly romantic for my tastes. 'I should go inside now', I tried to convince myself, but it was difficult to pull away from her especially with those plump limps had swollen from the crying.

Coughing to break the moment I spoke up, "I have to talk to some other people but when you feel better, you should come inside and join me. It's too cold for you to be sitting out here."

I didn't give time for Nora to reply, instantly standing up and leaving her there with the flowers. Not looking behind me I became exhausted, heading straight to the grand hall where I could pick up a glass of strong wine from the tables. The men were now a little too drunk for negotiations, but it gave a good moment for bonding and making memories.

A ringing sounded in my tuxedo blazer, and I reached for it answering the call when the name 'Elian' popped up. 'Why is he calling me?' I sighed heavily with thought, hoping this would be a quick conversation.

"Why do you always call me at the wrong time, brother?" I asked him unsatisfyingly.

His voice echoed through the receiver, "I always call you at the right time but unfortunately you're always staying in the wrong place when I do."

"Oh yeah, everything's my fault", I stated with a huff, moving away from the grand hall into the smaller hallways to get some privacy, "After all, I'm the worse brother out of the two of us here. You and your goodness always make people blush as if you're an angel."

"Yeah, well right now, I need the worse brother that gets called the Devil", he responded flatly before hesitating, making my nerves pick up until he finally added, "There's a problem you need to fix."

"What is it?" I demanded, aggravated at the situation that yielded no details. A couple of people walked past me, and I nodded at them before waiting until they left to listen to Elian.

"Anna's in the hospital. She's lost a lot of blood, but the doctors are saying she'll recover. She's saying that she'll only see you and no one else till then."
I tensed at the words that came out of Elian's mouth, my business mode gone and instead replaced by the underworld mode, "How did it happen?"

"Long story short, Rico and his people attempted to kill Anna. They framed it as an unexpected car accident", Elian informed me, and I nodded thoughtfully now knowing why Rico hadn't responded by text before.

"Tell her I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Alright but one more thing", Elian responded, when I was about to end the call.

"Go on..."

"You can't come here. Rico sent his people to scout the hospital out and if they end up seeing you, they'll kill you."

"Don't worry about that, just take care of Anna", I told him with a shrug but after some thought advised for precaution, "Elian? Don't let the news spread."

My brother was about to say something, but I hung up on the call and started to make my way back to the grand hall. Pocketing my phone, anger radiated off me and scared people away from me. It was pathetic of Rico to target Anna, but as usual Rico loved to cross his limits and make more of a mess than an ideal position for himself. 'That bastard can only hide behind his people', I sneered finally calming down long enough to start making my way to Nora.

On my way, a scream cried out with distraught, and I surged forward, breaking out into a sprint at the recognition that it was Nora that had shouted out. 'Where is she?' I fretted when I couldn't find her straight away.

***
6056 words

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

8.4K 201 13
"Are you out of your mind? I could hurt you." The veins started to pumped up in fear of what i'm capable to do. Everything was a blur to me, the room...
Octavius dee

Любовные романы

10.3M 248K 46
One of the most powerful man in the world. He was called Octavius. Cruel, coldblooded, and completely unobtainable. The Devil in a Brioni suit. The m...
90 1 6
ASH I know it's not truly his fault, but his captivating blue eyes were the last thing I saw before my entire world was ripped out from under my feet...
195K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...