The Law of Destiny

By Zuu_47

Many people believe in the existence of Destiny, a mysterious force which binds certain people together, dete... More

The Witcher
Surprise
Meetings
Spellbind
Complications
Fate or Coincidence
Bathtub
Extraordinary
Wish
Doubts
Elixirs
Belleteyn
Kaer Morhen
Dinner
Legend
Research
Truth
Pain
Grief
After
Decisions
Bittersweet
Destiny
Prophecy
Help
Dear Friend
Child of Surprise
Training
Honesty
Elder Blood
Banquet
Treason
Together
United

Rain after Storm

520 11 2
By Zuu_47

SOMEWHERE CLOSE TO NOVIGRAD - Temeria

The teleport opened and they landed on the ground. They were standing under the big tree and behind them was a small house as Triss mentioned. Geralt couldn't handle his anger anymore, he had to ask her.
"Why he kissed you?!" he was irritated. She turned to him.
"I don't know.. but why it bothers you anyway?" she said strictly.
"Yeah, it bothers me!" Geralt said angrily but then he realized he said it loud. Yennefer looked at him surprised.
"You're jealous on him?" she raised his eyebrow.
"No." he lied. "Did you really sleep with him?" he came closer to her and he looked straight into her eyes. He wanted to know it.
"So, you're jealous.." Yennefer shaked her head.
"You didn't answer on my question." Geralt started to be impatient. He really didn't know why he was behaving like this.
"Yes, I slept with him. I was hurt and I needed some disatraction to forget on everything what happened between us!" she raised her voice.
"I thought.." she cut him.
"What did you think? That I will never have anyone since we broke up, only you?!" she started yelling on him.
Yes, he thought.
"No, I thought you won't forget on me so easily!" he raised his voice too. He started feeling heartbroken again.

"Is that his Yennefer?" Ciri was curious.
"Yes, in all her beauty." Jaskier laughed. He was happy they were at least talking to each other and that they haven't managed to kill themselves already.
"Why are they shouting at each other?" she was confused.
They were inside the house when they heard scream and they quickly went to look outside to see what was happening.
"It's their normal conversation. They will shout on themselves, tell some true, most likely painful words, try to forgive each other and then everything will be alright." Jaskier explained.
"How can you be so sure about it?" Ciri didn't understand.
"I'm the bard. I write about love all the time. Where do you think I get the best inspiration from?" Jaskier said with laughing. "Don't worry about them. They sometimes communicate in this way, their relationship is quite intensive." he was smiling.
"Adults are weird.." Ciri sighed.

"What the fuck are you talking about Geralt! You made me feel like a wreck, you hurt me, you caused me so much pain with your words!" Yennefer started to be very irritated.
"You left me there alone!" Geralt said angrily.
"And what would you do in my place?! Tell me!" she was still yelling on him. She had every right to did this but still her decision hurt him. He started speaking more calmly.
"I'd tell you the truth but never goodbye.." he said sadly. She started fighting with her tears. Geralt continued.
"Look.. no matter what I say, no matter what I do, I can't change what happend.. I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to break your heart. I didn't want to say those things I said to you. I didn't want to hurt you.. but.." she interrupted him.
"Then why you did it Geralt? You know this is the most important thing for me and despite this you hurt me.." her voice started trembling.
He hesitated.
"I just wanted to help you.. because.. I love you Yen!" Geralt raised his voice then he lowered his head. He wished he could tell her this in more beautiful way but at least he finally told her what he felt.
Her mouth fell open. She was speechless. She expected everything but not this. He really loved her.. she couldn't believe it. She suddenly noticed people standing in front of the house but she didn't care about them. She only cared about these three words what he said to her now. These three words which she always wanted to hear from him.
"You're such a fool.." the tear rolled down from her eye. He came closer to her.
"Yes.. I am a damn fool.." he put his hands on her face. "I should had never let you leave me.. Never." he whispered.
"Why you didn't tell me this before.." her voice was so tiny. He understood immediately what she was asking.
"I was scared.." he lowered his eyes. She hesitated.
"Of me..?" she asked him carefully. She was scared to hear his answer.
"No. I've never been scared of you, not even for a second.." he paused. "I was scared to tell you because I thought what I fell to you isn't real." he raised his eyes at her.
"It's because of that wish, isn't it? It's because of that stupid Djinn.. nothing between us it's real.. and it's all my fault." another tear rolled down her cheek.
"No, it's not your fault." Geralt softly wiped away the tear with his thumb from her cheek. "Everything what we have it's real. It's always has been real." he caressed her face with his thumb. "But I thought my emotions aren't real.. I thought I can't feel anything.. That's why I didn't tell you.. that I love you." he looked into hers eyes still full of pain which he caused her. She didn't say anything, she was puzzled.
"I cannot live without you Yen.." Geralt begged her with his eyes to say something. She looked into his eyes, then she knew it.

"I cannot live either.." she whispered. More tears started rolling down from her cheeks.
In that moment he couldn't wait any longer, he pushed her closer to him and kissed her lips with hunger but at the same time with care. She hesitated but then she returned the kiss. They started kissing carefully, waiting for reaction from themselves. They wasn't sure but wanted more. They stopped and their looks locked. They were waiting. It was so long since the saw each other. It was so long since they pressed theirs lips together. But they knew it, deep in their hearts that this was their redemption. That this is the moment when everything gonna starts again. Geralt leaned closer and his mouth almost touched hers. He was so close he could feel her breathe. He softly touched hers lip with his. She didn't responded for while. She was hesitating. When he was ready to pull back because he thought she doesn't want him anymore, Yennefer was the one who pressed her lips on his and kissed him hungrily. She challenged him and Geralt immediately answered her with passionate kiss. They started kissing passionately like never before, he was almost eating her face. They couldn't catch their breaths.
"Geralt they're watching.." she giggled into his mouth.
"I don't care.. I love you so much.." he didn't stop with kissing.
After couple of seconds she pulled away from him because she needed to catch her breath. He smiled at her and he swiped away her tears from her cheeks. She then hugged him tightly. He slowly put his chin on her head.

"I missed you Geralt.. you have no idea how much." Yennefer said honestly and she snuggled closer to him.
"Me too.." he caressed her back. "You know, when you left me, I died a little bit inside. I've got a feeling you don't need me anymore.. and it hurt me just to think about it. I've got a feeling like it's over, that we're two are done forever. I hoped you'll come back to me somehow.. but how the time was going I had lost hope. I've given everything but it's gone. All I wanted was you, nothing else. I would climb every mountain just to be with you again.." Geralt said honestly. The tears started rolling down from her eyes again.
"I was angry on you. So angry that I wanted to forget on you. I wished I could forget memories on you but they're never leaving me. I was laying alone in my bed every night and all I could think about was how it would be with you by my side. I was about to lose mine mind. I've cried a lot because of that. I really started asking the Gods to help me out of this hell. I was keep saying to me that I will find somebody again but deep in my heart I knew that nobody would be you.." Yennefer said with tears in her eyes.
"Shh.. it was the past Yen, now we're here and together.." he looked at her. She pulled away from him and she looked sadly into his eyes.
"I'm sorry Geralt.. but if we'll start again we won't.." he interrupted her.
"Don't say it's too late.. I know I made this mess but don't say it Yen. Please. I can't lose you again. I can't anymore.." his voice failed him.
"I won't say it. " Yennefer squeezed his hand. "Can we start again?"
"It's never stopped .." Geralt caressed her cheek with his thumb and smiled at her. "I'm sorry too, very sorry.. all the pain I put you through it's something I must live with everyday. I wish I could be the one who catches all your tears. I wish I could all take it back. There's many thing I wish I didn't do but I continue learning.. and I promise I will do better.."
"Don't apologize, it doesn't matter now." she caressed his cheek with her hand.
"All my mistakes led me straight into you. I remember you told me regret is for fools.." Geralt said thoughtfully.
"I said.." she smiled.
"But I don't care, I'll praise my mistakes because they led me back to you.." he kissed her forehead and then he hugged her. She didn't protest, she wanted to feel his presence. They both wanted to enjoy this moment when they finally reunited. They wanted to be just in each other arms, anything else didn't matter now.
They were standing there in silence couple of minutes. Geralt then pulled away from her.
"Come, someone is waiting there on us." he told her kindly. She smiled at him. Then they started walking towards the house.

"Geralt!" Ciri ran towards him and she jumped on him. Yennefer was surprised. She didn't expect their relationship will be so strong already. She smiled under her nose.
"Hey, easy.." Geralt laughed and he put Ciri down.
"You left me without saying goodbye.." Ciri crossed her arms.
"I had a reason for it.." he said with laughing and he petted her hair like a dog. Ciri frowned but after couple of seconds she smiled. She then turned to Yennefer.
"He thought you're dead." Ciri told her this as the normal thing. Yennefer was surprised again.
"Really?" Yennefer raised her eyebrow.
"Yeah.. he looked like he saw a ghost when he heard it.." Ciri laughed.
"Good to know.." Yennefer gave Geralt amusement look. Geralt started feeling uneasy.
"So, you know me.. but I don't know you." Yennefer looked at her.
"I'm Ciri and.. you will be my teacher I suppose.." she was trying to smile but she also had a respect for her. Yennefer seemed as very powerful sorceress.
"Yes, and I'll do everything what I can to help you." Yennefer smiled at her and then she spotted Triss standing close to the door, how she was smiling at her. Yennefer went towards her. Ciri started looking at Yennefer how she was leaving, she saw her power. She saw her extravagance and she wanted to be so confident as her one day.

"Geralt! You did it.. I was scared that Yennefer will kill you.." Jaskier told him when he stood up next to them.
"To be honest, in some moments I thought she will really do it.." Geralt laughed. Jaskier started laughing.
"Geralt, is she your girlfriend?" Ciri asked him with curiosity. Geralt looked at her surprised, this little girl has noticed literally everything.
"She was always my girlfriend.. but we just took a little break.." Geralt explained and he smiled at her.
"So.. did you end your break then? Because I saw you kissing.." Ciri made a big smile, she wanted to know everything. Geralt raised his both eyebrows at the same time. He was so surprised. He then looked suspiciously at Jaskier.
"What? You both were shouting almost on the whole valey. You would certainly wake up a bear from his sleeping if it would be a winter. We just wanted to know what was happening." Jaskier was defending himself and then he laughed. Ciri started laughing too. Geralt shaked his head and he started laughing. He really enjoyed these moments being with them.

"I'm so glad you're here." Triss hugged Yennefer when she came to her.
"Me too." Yennefer smiled at her.
"So?" Triss was impatient.
"I think.. we're together again.." Yennefer said happily.
"I told you, you cannot live without each other."
Yennefer started blushing.
"I don't know, what will be next.. but I already know that I will never leave him again." Yennefer told her honestly.
"People linked by destiny will always find each other, no matter what.. and you, Geralt and Ciri are living proof." Triss smiled. Yennefer squeezed her hand.
"Come inside, we should talk about that little special girl. They will soon come inside too." Triss suggested and they both entered into the house.

Sorceresses were talking almost half an hour when they entered inside the room.
"Finally. I thought you will never come." Triss crossed her arms.
"On good things you must wait Triss." the bard winked at her. Triss rolled her eyes. Everyone sat down to the table. Jaskier was ready to say something when Yennefer overtook him.
"So, I see introducing is behind us." Yennefer looked strictly at Jaskier and the bard swallowed. "What we'll do next?" she turned to Geralt.
"I don't know.. maybe we can stay here for a while until.." Triss interrupted him.
"No. Not here. It isn't safe here anymore. They are looking for her everywhere since Cintra has fallen. It's just a question of time when they will be here too." Triss said calmly but then she noticed Geralt sad look.
"What? Cintra has fallen? My grandma.." Ciri freaked out. Triss then understood. Geralt didn't tell her. She then looked at Geralt for permission and he nodded.
"Your grandma is dead Ciri.." Triss told her sadly.
"No.. no.. it cannot be true." Ciri started crying. She stood up.
"Why you didn't tell me.." Ciri looked sadly at Geralt. She was also mad at him.
"Ciri I .." Geralt didn't finish because she ran away from the house. He immediately stood up but Yennefer caught his arm.
"Don't.. I will go. You're the last person whom she wants to see now." Yennefer smiled at him and she went after her. Geralt sighed but he was also surprised. He didn't expect this reaction from Yennefer.
"She already behave like a mother." Triss smiled.
"What?" Geralt looked at her confused.
"Don't you understand? Ciri is the key to heal her broken heart. With her she can finally forget on her research and be happy that she has someone to take care of." Triss explained. Geralt gave her surprised look. Triss was right, maybe with Ciri they could become a real family one day.
"I'm just surprised, that's all. We just got back together and now this."
"Everything is happening for a reason." Triss was honest.
"Triss did you eat the book of wisdom or what?" Jaskier raised his eyebrow.
"No, I just see things how they really are." Triss laughed.
"The best place when we'll be all safe is on Kaer Morhen.." Geralt interrupted them. They looked at him confused.
"But?" Jaskier didn't understand.
"Painful memories.." Geralt looked at them uneasily.
"Geralt, I understand your worries but that castle is the only place where you can be really safe for now." Triss looked straight into his eyes.
"I know." Geralt sighed.

Ciri was sitting on the grass before the house with hands on her knees and she was crying.
Yennefer came to her.
"Ciri?" Yennefer asked her carefully.
"Why he didn't tell me.." she said angrily. "He knew it, I saw his face.."
"He didn't want to tell you because he didn't want to cause you more pain. He was waiting on the best time.." Yennefer was honest. She now realized that Geralt really wanted to help her with her pain back then but she sent him away and left him. She lowered her head. Then she looked at Ciri again.
"He wants the best for you Ciri.." Yennefer said kindly.
Ciri wiped away her tears with hand and she stood up. Then she turned to her.
"I know.. as he wanted the best for you."
"What?" Yennefer was surprised and confused at the same time.
"I don't know what exactly happened between you two because nobody wants to tell me. But what I know that Geralt cares about others and he has a good heart. He doesn't want to hurt people if he doesn't have to." Ciri told her honestly. Yennefer mouth almost fell down open. This girl wasn't just an ordinary child and now she understood it.
"I will miss her.." Ciri started to feel sadness again.
"It's hard now.." Yennefer came closer to her. "But she will be always with you in your heart." she put her hand on Ciri's heart. "Always. I promise." Yennefer nodded. Ciri looked at her sadly and she suddenly hugged her. Yennefer was surprised again, she didn't expect it. She felt uncomfortable for couple of seconds but then she relaxed. For some reasons she started enjoying presence of this little girl.
"Do you feel better now?" Yennefer looked at her when Ciri pulled away from the hug. Ciri nodded.
"Come, we should go inside." Yennefer smiled and they both started going back to the house.

"Why are you packing things?" Yennefer asked them when she and Ciri entered in the room.
"You shouldn't stay here anymore, it's better to leave soon till they will notice that you're here." Triss explained.
"We? You're not going with us? And where are we going anyway?" Yennefer was confused.
"To Kaer Morhen.." Geralt answered for Triss. Yennefer looked at him sadly. He understood her reaction. The unhealed pain was inside her heart too and the bad memories was still too strong.
"Yes! Yes! Yes!" Ciri started jumping and Geralt shaked his head.
"Triss, why are you not going?" Yennefer tried to ask her more calmly. She didn't want show on herself how these memories on pain made her weak again.
"It's better when I will go back to Novigrad and I will inform you if something happenes.. and I can't help her so.." Triss said sadly. Yennefer came towards her and she just hugged her. Words weren't needed anymore.
"Jaskier will go with you Triss and help you." Geralt smiled.
"Do I?" Jaskier raised his eyebrow.
"Yes." Geralt gave him angry look. Triss started laughing. Yennefer then looked at Geralt.
"I won't walk again.." she frowned.
"But you cannot teleport us into the castle, especially not now. Someone could track the teleport."
"I will do the protecting spell on your teleport.. and nobody will track you then." Triss suggested.
"Thank you." Yennefer smiled at her.
"So, we can go now?" Ciri was impatient. Geralt rather looked at Yennefer for the permission. She nodded.
"Yes, we can go." Geralt smiled at Ciri. He came closer to Jaskier.
"Jaskier take care of Triss but the most take care of yourself." Geralt shaked Jaskier's hand.
"Don't worry Geralt, I'll protect your lovely friend with everything." Jaskier said proudly.
"I hope not with everything.." Geralt laughed.
"I think, I will take care of him, not he of me." Triss said with laughing.
"Well, that's true." Yennefer laughed. Jaskier frowned.
"See you soon." Yennefer smiled at Triss, she then created the teleport. Triss started with protecting spell.
Geralt caught Ciri's hand, then Yennefer's and they all entered into teleport together.

THE END: Chapter 27

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.2K 2.4K 19
𝗣𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗼𝗯𝗶𝗮: Fear of emotional attachment; fear of being in, or falling in love. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫 ( 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ) 𝘑𝘶�...
52.5K 1K 22
The monster hunter, the Butcher of Blaviken, the White Wolf, Geralt of Rivia, The Witcher. They say Witchers don't have human emotions but that chan...
340K 10.4K 30
*Fan fiction inspired from the Netflix series The Witcher* Geralt of Rivia is a Witcher. For many years he has travelled the world, vanquishing mons...
102K 3.4K 38
Geralt of Rivia was best known as the White Wolf. A Witcher. A killing machine. However like all, there is a time before. Like most young boys, they...