The Red String of Fate [ NaLu...

By mavisisntdead

TW: depression, self harm, abuse With Lucy's new view on life and her new plan to stay in this world will eve... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 {ending}
Chapter 27 {epilog}

Chapter 7

3K 102 55
By mavisisntdead

Waking up in the morning I found Natsu's arm wrapped around me. I couldn't move. Awkwardly trying to get up I accidentally woke him up. "Luce?" He asked confused.
"N-Natsu" I stared at him. I was half standing on my bed half...I don't know it was like a game of twister.
"What are you doing?" I could of said getting out of bed but instead I went with
"I'm just away a jog" he sat up
"A jog?" He asked "why?"
"Why not I mean the weather-" I looked outside and saw it was raining. "Is great?" I didn't know what I was saying. Suddenly the door swung open. it was my father. He saw us in this state. I froze still, as did Natsu. He was about to shout when he heard Hanako's voice booming around the house. Shaking his head he instructed
"Shiori wants your help in the kitchen." He closed the door and left us alone.

Natsu left the room with his change of clothes to get changed in the bathroom. I grabbed a pair of jeans and pulled them on. Whilst buttoning them I grabbed my spotted blouse and shoved it on as well. I was changing fast...I didn't want Natsu to walk in on me. The door opened as I sat in front of my mirror. It was Natsu. He was wearing black denim shorts (long) and a football t-shirt. I think it was team fire starters, I don't know I don't watch it. As I tied my hair back he sat on my bed and held Michelle, again. "What are we doing today?" Asked Natsu.
"No idea" I said beginning to put on my make-up.
"Can I try" he asked. I turned with my mascara brush in hand and asked
"What?" Confused.
"Putting your make-up on"
"On yourself?" I didn't get it at all.
"No on you" he laughed.
"Another day" I passed over it. He moaned and sat back again.

"Done" I got up from the desk and found Natsu on his phone.
"Took you long enough" he laughed, again. I jumped on my bed next to him. We just stared at each other for a while. So much has happened since we first confessed to each other. Since we first held hands. Since we first kissed. Even before all that. My life has been a mess. I know and understand when people say things like "others have it worse" and I understand they do. However this moment I feel at peace with the world and my on going battle with it. Natsu's eyes were a midnight black. Brown eyes didn't move from their contact. I never really noticed how dark they were. I went closer to his face feeling his breath intertwine with mine. My eyes began to close, as did his. We were so close I could feel my heart beating faster and faster. Just as our lips began to close with each other the door opened. We both pushed each other a part as someone entered my room. It was Hanako.

Her hair was tied back in a tight high pony tail. Her boobs were almost falling out of her shirt. I was blushing like a idiot, not at her because of Natsu and I. "Oh don't blush Natsu" she covered herself up. I looked over and he was too.
"It's not that it's-" he stopped mid sentence as if remembering our moment.
"Alright, anyways Shiori asks for you both to come down stairs" she did this stupid put on girly run out of my room leaving the door open. Natsu and I didn't say or do anything for at least a minute.
"We should go" he eventually said staggering up off my bed.
"Y-yeah"

Down stairs I found Shiroi making a fry up breakfast. It smelt amazing. "morning" we greeted.
"Oh morning" she smiled at us. She seemed calmed than she was yesterday which made me feel happy. "Yuu, have you found the bacon yet?" Shiori called to her brother.
"Yes" he came into the kitchen spotting us. "Morning, Shiroi you know Hanako is a vegetarian right?" He asked her.
"Since when?" She asked
"Yesterday" he rolled his eyes thinking of his sister, I guess.
"Well I will say it's special for her, she won't know the difference after a day." The bacon was put onto the grill.
"Is Doan helping?" I ask
"Him?" Yuu asked laughing, Shiroi joined in. "He is too professional" he passed over it. "I mean I can't cook but I do try, being with a chef is hard at times" both of them laugh again.
"Want help?" I asked.
"Course, can you make some toast?" Shiori gestured towards the loaf. I nodded and went over to help.
"Me?" Asked Natsu.
"Your mum called and said she will be here around 11. She is bringing Wendy?" Natsu nodded and went on his phone. I guessed he was texting his mum.
"Oh Wendy's my little sister" he explained to Shiori.
"Cute!" She squealed.
"Ah kids, if I wasn't a gay man" Shiroi laughed again and I joined in.

We all sat around the table. It was 10:30. Hanako was the last to come and sit down. She say directly across from Natsu and I. When she did we both looked at each other then looked at our plates. "Let's dig in!" Doan cheered. My father wasn't saying much, I guess to keep his temper down. He was dressed in a pair of black trousers and shirt, usual.
"Is this-"
"Yes" Shiroi interrupted Hanako. She bit into it and smiled
"Where's this from"
"Local place, got closed down yesterday, luckily you became vegetarian yesterday" Shiori smirked and went back to eating. There wasn't much more interesting conversation after that. Mostly Hanako boasting.

The door bell rang just after 11. We had finished cleaning up. I went to answer it. At the door was Mrs Dragneel. "Hello" I greeted her. Suddenly Wendy poked out from her side. She was carrying her cat. I then noticed her hair. It was short. She had cut it. "Wow you look pretty" I smiled, she actually did. It was cute.
"Thanks Lucy!" I felt a hand on my shoulder and look behind me. It was Shiori.
"Hi are you Natsu's mum, I'm Shiori, we spoke on the phone" she explained.
"Oh hi Shiroi. I hope he hasn't been much trouble." She smiled back at Shiori
"And are you Wendy?" Shiori turned to her. Wendy turned shy and nodded. "Who is this?" The white cat perked up as if to introduce itself.
"This is Carla, she is a cat, to be more specific she is a exceed" Shiori smiled at it.
"You know there is a legend about exceed. The Egyptians used to say they were cats from another world sent here to help that world. Isn't that interesting." Wendy smiled at her opening up a little. I felt another hand on my shoulder. This time it was Natsu.
"Hi mum" he looked at Wendy "what happened?"
"I got my hair cut obviously." He then noticed Carla
"Is happy here?" He looked excited
"No" his mother snapped. "I don't mean to be rude but could you look after Wendy until 4? I have a surprise meeting" she looked in a rush.
"Of course" Shiroi agreed.
"Thanks so much Shiori, she is the good child, she shouldn't be any trouble."
"What about Gajeel?" Asked Natsu.
"He is with a girl, I thought something but he said it was for school. She was small thin and had blue hair, know her?"
"Levy?" I asked
"I think that's her name, anyway I will pick you up tomorrow Natsu and you later Wendy, bye!" She waved. I was surprised about Levy being alone with a guy, especially Gajeel.

"So this is my little sister Wendy and this is her cat Carla" Natsu introduced them to everyone. Wendy went shy again. Carla leapt out of Wendy's arms and stood in front of her as if to protect. It was cute.
"Anyways we thought of going to the beach today and possibly having one of Doan's famous barbecues."
"But I'm-"
"we have more special stuff" Shiroi sharply looked and Hanako. She was tired of her sister. Luckily tonight was the last night.
"So why don't we all get something on for the beach and get going" Doan suggested
"Isn't it cold?" I asked
"Well not at this beach, it's a twenty minute train journey but the beach in Koon has great weather today"
"Well, better be prepared for my beach body" Hanako started posing. I then noticed someone was missing. I hadn't seen him since last night. Where was her husband? Shiori's ex? Natsu rolled his eyes at her. I guess I know what type of girl Natsu doesn't like.

In my room I was alone. Natsu's mum had given Wendy their swimming stuff so they both went to get changed. I began to take my shirt off when I saw them. All of my scars were still healing. I began to panic. What if they all saw. Especially Hanako. Shiori just knows about it but never saw how... I shook my head and grabbed my make-up brush. I hadn't covered up since everyone found out. I didn't leave them there for everyone to see, I still wore long clothing and such but putting on layers takes time. There was a knock on my door and it began to open. I barely noticed it at first. Doan entered my room and I looked down. I was in my bra and jeans. "hold on!" I shout as I ran to the door. He saw me for a split second and turned away.
"Sorry" he apologized. "Anyways Shiori gave me these for you" It was a pile of swimming costumes. "Choose" he handed me them with his back still turned and left my door. She must of realized I haven't been to a beach since I was very young meaning I did have a swimming suit. There was two. One was white with a pink flower on the top of the bikini and one on the bottom of it. the other was plain red with a darker red outline around it. I pick the white one as it looked really cute. I quickly get changed and look in the mirror. Covered up and ready. In my bag I shoved a towel, the make-up to re-apply and a spare pair of underwear. I shoved on a pair of denim shorts and a light vest top. My hair was tied into two pig tails. Finishing off I found Wendy at my door. She was still carrying Carla. She was dressed in a green summer dress. Her mum must of gave her a change of clothes. She looked older with her new hair but I like it. Natsu followed through and he was still wearing the same t-shirt but now with trunks. They were red with flames at the bottom, suitable for the dragon lover.
"Shall we go?" I said smiling at them both.

On the train I sit next to Natsu. The last time we went to Koon was at the festival when we skipped school together. We haven't been anywhere else yet. It's sort of a special place. It was when he saw my scars and such. I probably didn't admit it back then but I feel as if that was my spark. Me being naive and never experiencing love was confused yet never saw it when it was blindly shoved in my face Wendy was on the other side of Natsu playing with Carla. My father hasn't stopped staring at us since we left the house. What was he expecting? Us making out every ten seconds? We've only ever kissed in front of others once, and we didn't even realize it, sort of. Natsu looked at me and noticed me staring out the window. I could feel his hand move to hold mine. Our fingers intertwined putting me at ease. I knew we had to impress my father. I was too scared to see what would happen to Natsu if my father refused him. Also Hanako's husband wasn't on the train. Hanako had said he was called in to look at a business in town, she then said she may move back. Obviously Shiori wasn't happy.

Once we finally arrived at the beach I laid my towel next to Natsu's. My sun glasses were perched on top of my head and my flip flops had already been kicked off. Wendy had went to sit hers near the shade. Carla wasn't too keen on the sun all the time apparently. I looked over at Hanako who had conveniently sat hers next to Shiori. Shiori was helping Doan and Wendy set up the BBQ and my father was unpacking some of the food. It was early but Yuu was insisting we be organised. I turned back to Natsu. He had already taken his shirt off. I began to blush when he laughed at me. "Whatever" I stuck my tongue out like a child. I take my shirt and shorts off to reveal my bikini. I looked back at Natsu who was covering his mouth looking towards the sea. I then could see the pink blush spread across his cheeks. "So I'm not the only one" I playfully punch him.
"Come on you two quit flirting!" Doan yelled us over. We both turned red and yelled
"WE'RE NOT!" I noticed my father scowling but I ignored it and joined the others.

"Is it good for you, your highness" Doan mocked Yuu
"Yes, so what now?" Shiori and Doan looked at each other and smiled "this can't be good" Yuu sighed
"TAGGERS!" They yelled.
"Huh?" We all said
"We used I play it with others on the beach" Doan got excited
"Basically your in a pair and you have to run towards each other." Shiori began to explain "the couples who embrace each other first wins"
"That's boring" complained Hanako.
"You're afraid?" Asked Doan.
"Of course not! Let's do this!"

I was paired with Shiori, Natsu with Wendy, my father with Doan and Yuu with Hanako. On my side was Natsu, my father and Yuu. "On the count of three!" Shiori yelled. "One!" It was weird when I saw my father and Natsu stand next to each other getting prepared for a race. "two!" I stopped thinking about it and stared at Shiori. "THREE!" I began to sprint. Natsu was faster than me as was Yuu, I was faster than my father though. On the other side Hanako was last with Wendy slightly a head and Shiori and Doan were neck and neck.
"IM GOING TO WIN!" He yelled at her.
"OH NO YOU DONT!" Suddenly I stopped in my tracks. Shiori leapt towards me toppling me to the ground. I screamed slightly as this occurred. When I opened my eyes she was on top of me hugging me.
"God dammit!" Doan took a strop.
"Yes!" Shiori celebrated "one point for the both of us." Her laugh filled the air.
"Best of three!" Doan insisted
"Fine!" She rolled her eyes.

This time I was paired with Natsu, Wendy with Yuu, Hanako with my father and Shiori with Doan. "WE CAN DO THIS DOAN!" She became very competitive. "ONE!" I made eye contact with Natsu, he was grinning like a idiot "TWO" I smiled back warmly making him blush. "THREE!" We were off. This time Hanako, Yuu and Doan were on my side. Doan and Yuu were trying their best to beat each other, Hanako was slow again. On the other side Shiori was in front with Natsu quickly catching up. My father and Wendy were neck and neck. "Why are you so fast!" Shiori complained to Natsu
"So I can get to my goal" suddenly he sprinted even faster than Shiori. He was so close to me. My arms spread out and grabbed him as soon and he came close to me. We had one. His arms were tightly around me and his head on top of mine.
"UGH!" I heard Hanako moan. We quickly separated. My father was looking at us -unhappily- whilst Shiori and Doan weren't happy.
"One for Natsu and Lucy is now at two!" They were annoyed.
"Last round!" Doan shouted
"Why Lucy has clearly won?" Asked Shiori
"Well...just because ok! Let's go!".

For the final round of this weird game I was paired with Doan, a man who now knew a lot about me. Natsu had been paired with Hanako, he wasn't happy. Shiori with Wendy and my father and Yuu. "one" Doan mouthed 'win' to me. "two!" I nodded and smiled back. "THREE!" We began again. On my side was Hanako, my father and Shiori. I heard Hanako say something to me there and then. She said
"I'm going to kiss Natsu" some how she began to get faster and faster. I had to win, I had to. I began to muscle up some energy and run faster and faster. The sun suddenly blinded me. I closed my eyes yet kept running.
"IM WINNING!" Shiori yelled.
"NO!" Doan shouted back. There was a thud on my and I fell to the floor. Opening my eyes I found Doan, very close to me. His eyes were blue, sparkling like the ocean and his- wait. I felt my lips on something. Then we both realised. We were kissing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 5.6K 32
Lucy and Natsu are best friends and they have been ever since they were little! What will happen when she loses all the most important people in her...
120K 4.2K 62
Romance/Adventure Story When Jellal and Erza decide to team up on a dangerous case together, they didn't realize how deeply they felt towards one a...
15.3K 295 44
This is like my other fanfiction but I'm gonna make Natsu act weird for a long time and not tell anyone what is wrong. So the guild won't know until...