31 short stories of angst [CO...

By mysteryjessica

Just wanted to do some angst story book for fun It's a 31 day challenge but I definitely won't be doing it st... More

Welcome to the book of angst!
DAY 2: MIND CONTROL
DAY 3: BETRAYAL
DAY 4: JEALOUSY
DAY 5: CURSED
DAY 6: UNREQUITED LOVE
DAY 7: FORGOTTEN
DAY 8: TERMINAL DISEASE
DAY 9: NEGLECTED
DAY 10: GHOST
DAY 11: FORBIDDEN LOVE
DAY 12: FORCED APART
DAY 13: REVENGE
DAY 14: HEAR OUR PRAYER
DAY 15: HELPLESSNESS
DAY 16: INSECURITIES
DAY 17: PERSONAL FAILURE
DAY 18: GRIEVOUS INJURY
DAY 19: SACRIFICE
DAY 20: SURVIVOR'S GUILT
DAY 21: REMINISCING
DAY 22: AN EYE FOR AN EYE
DAY 23: WEAK
DAY 24: REFUSE TO FIGHT BACK
DAY 25: ISOLATION
DAY 26: SEPARATED BY WAR
DAY 27: LOOSING A LOVED ONE
DAY 28: NIGHTMARE
DAY 29: 2-FACED INNER TURMOIL
DAY 30: GOODBYE
DAY 31: FREE DAY
Final Notes...

DAY 1: GRIEF

1.6K 28 61
By mysteryjessica

AN: Welcome to Story numero Uno~ 

My very rare times of writing first person perspective please be nice...

WARNINGS: (I MIGHT MISS WARNINGS, TAKE CAUTIONS)
1. Death 
2. Disease AU (explanation below)
3. Suicide

Don't forget:

MaiMia will not take any responsibility for your tears, fears and trauma, so read at your own risk!
But, MaiMia will be handing out hugs, tissues, chocolates and cupcake if you need it.

Hanahaki AU - Unrequited love, cough flowers of favourite flower of the person you love...I wrote this AU before in my Randomness book-//slapped (self promo be real)

Star tear disease AU -  Unrequited love, you cry tears that are star-shaped and the colour is the favourite colour of the person you love. As they fall, they would play the favourite song (?) [I can't find the prompt for star tear disease AU so this is based off memory] As this disease prolongs, you won't die but the person who has it will slowly lose the ability to see colour and slowly lose all their memories.

Enjoy and have fun reading~

Remember how we first met?

I was crying in the secluded corner of the café, far from everyone else. My boyfriend had just left me for another girl, which he had claimed was better than me.

You walked up to me with two cups in hand; one cappuccino and one frappe. You handed me the mocha and said these exact words to me.

"There's no need to take a depresso, you deserve better coffee than that." You nudged the half-empty cup of espresso to the side, handing me the cappuccino.

I remember laughing at your attempt to cheer me up, earning a warm smile from you. You sat across me, placing your frappe on the table.

You introduced yourself as Jack and told me that you saw me crying ever since you entered the café nearly thirty minutes ago. You said you were worried, and I quote: "When a pretty girl like you cries, I can't just sit by and let you cry."

I weakly smiled at the statement and rested my head against my hand. This made you worried, and you asked me what's wrong.

I explained about how my now ex-boyfriend had left me for another girl, causing small tears to pool in my eyes again.

You frowned and apologised for the flirting but I just shook my head, saying there was no need to apologise. After all, how would you have known about my situation?

You offered your ears for my ranting and I gladly accepted the offer. You only nodded in understanding and let me rant, all the good things and the bad things about the asshole that has left my life. When I finally finished, you gestured to the cappuccino you had placed in front of me, signalling for me to drink and regain my breath.

I sighed and complied, and you smiled in satisfaction.

"Now that you have ranted, why not move on? If he is what you say he is, you shouldn't waste your time on him anymore. There are better people out there."

I pondered on the words you said before letting out a sigh. I agreed with your statement and smiled at you. You returned the smile and stood up, excusing yourself, saying that you needed to leave.

"Wait, can I talk to you again?" You seemed taken aback by the question before agreeing. We quickly agreed to meet next week, same time same day.

That was the start of our times together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We went through so much together. You protected me from my ex-boyfriend who tried to claim me back. You helped me moved on. You showed me the world in a different light.

Yet... Why couldn't I do anything to help you when you needed it...?

You started suffering from the Hanahaki Disease a year after we met.

You wanted to tell me you loved me, but you were scared to destroy our friendship. You didn't want to tear down the platonic relationship we had built for the past year.

Little did you know, I had feelings for you too.

I, too was scared to confess to you. Although you did flirt with me, you never stepped out of line and made me uncomfortable.

I was terrified. Insecurities piled in fast. Will you leave me too? Will you reject me as harshly as you could?

My previous relationship had left me scarred. I didn't want to lose you, but unfortunately... things couldn't stay that way.

Two months after you first contracted the Hanahaki Disease, I found you lying unconscious on the ground in your house.

I panicked, since I did not know about your condition, and the first thing I did was scream in fear.

You were breathing, but the dark petals from the black rose surrounding you was like an ominous sign signalling your death.

Your neighbour, who had heard my scream ran into your house. She immediately noticed you on the floor and lifted your limp body off the floor while yelling at me to get the car keys.

Snapping out of my daze, I picked up your car keys as your neighbour carried your unconscious self and we rushed to the hospital. You were rushed into medical care and the two of us spent an hour waiting and praying for your safety.

Finally, the doctor came out of your room and told us your condition. You had passed out from exhaustion and lack of oxygen due to the flowers getting stuck in your throat, but you were okay for now.

The doctor allowed us to visit you, since you were awake.

When your neighbour saw you, she yelled at you, telling you to confess and stop your suffering. You shook your head and shot a glance at me.

I looked at you, confused, before it finally hit me.

You didn't tell me, because I was the one you loved. You didn't tell me, because you didn't want me to blame myself.

You didn't want me to see you like this because you didn't want me to lose my smile.

I burst into tears and your eyes widened. You tried to get out of bed to comfort me but your neighbour pushed you back down, glaring at him.

You laughed nervously at the glare before smiling worriedly at me.

Why are you still smiling...? You're going to die, aren't you? Why won't you confessed already...?

I shakily walked towards you and wrapped my arms around your neck. Like how I asked you to meet me again when we first met, you were taken aback.

"Please... don't leave me too," I whispered softly. "I love you..."

Your eyes held shock, but you wrapped your arms around me and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"I won't," you whispered softly, small tears falling out of your eyes. "I love you so much..."

"I will never leave you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You did say that, but you couldn't keep your promise.

Your condition never got better.

After a lot of research, the doctor revealed that there were very rare cases of Hanahaki that never can get better, even with surgery and confessions. It was as if fate cursed them to die by the hands of their lover's favourite flower.

And you were one of them.

You died in that same hospital bed where we confessed to each other.

You left me, even though you promised me.

However, I can never hate you, because at least I know that you loved me to the very end.

So, why am I here, in front of your grave, crying these star-shaped tears that play your favourite classical song as they fall?

I'm losing my memories of you, and I don't want to.

The colours in my world was slowly disappearing as the time passed by after the end of your life.

Was it because I couldn't move on from your death that I'm like this? Was it because I kept grieving over you?

Too bad then...

The sharp knife that I now hold in my hand is my answer.

My grief cannot stop, and I don't want to forget you.

So it now comes to this.

With a smile on my face, I now lift this knife.

I hope you're happy Jack.

My grief has consumed me.

I will now join you in the next life, because I don't want to live without you in my life.

You are so important to me, and losing you was my breaking point.

Thank you for all you have done for me Jack.

I will come meet you now.

February XX, XXXX – A young girl is found dead in front of a boy's grave. It seems as if she had commited suicide before his grave. The boy had only died two months before due to Hanahaki Disease. What currently confuses the police, is the mysterious colourful stars in between the corpse and the grave. Investigations will continue until it has been confirmed that the girl had indeed killed herself.

(1332 words)

AN: Boom done. I hoped this portrayed grief because as I proofread this, it does not seem to pop out as grief for me QwQ

Stay safe!

Also, this is my 14th day of updating in a row ;;; I'm tempted to see how long this would last so I'll be keeping a counter on my profile xD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182 15 7
𝘖𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦... This is just for me to get the short horror ideas out of my hea...
12K 150 18
this is really just a crappy story but meh i dont own any these charcters or settings update: I'm officaly ending the story as of june 27th 2022 I ho...
OC Stories By 2First57

General Fiction

63 0 22
Hey there! 😊 These are my OC short stories, and I'm putting them here to stop myself from constantly editing them. Don't worry, I've got 142 stories...
151 15 8
a story about gays this story will have angst, maybe some explicent content and s/h and some mentions of abvse. if you are sentitifve to those thing...