head in the clouds | jd.morgan

Par daddys-lilmonster

❝ swear that girl has her head in the clouds ❝ [jdm x oc] Plus

HEAD IN THE CLOUDS.
i. she gets what she wants.
ii. sore eyes.
iii. a whole new girl.
iv. summer days.
v. trouble in paradise.
vi. changes.
vii. if we go down then we go down together.
viii. us against the world.
x. an itch to scratch.
xi. hands to myself.
xii. didn't mean it.
xiii. light of his life.
xiv. a nightmare.
xv. a broken home.
xvi. quiet voices.
xvii. meet me at midnight.
xviii. what we know.
xix. my girl.
xx. parting ways.

ix. what we do is secret.

2.7K 78 58
Par daddys-lilmonster

head in the clouds. chapter nine.
SUMMARY ; margo spends the day ignoring jeffrey after he upsets her.

throw on your dress and put on your doll faces
everyone thinks that we're perfect
please don't let them look through the curtains
——

THE FOLLOWING MORNING margo awoke laying on her bed, tucked under the sheet and heavy comforter, she brought her hands up under the blankets to rub at her eyes, scrubbing away the sleepiness. she glanced to the bedside table clock, seeing the numbers 9:47am her heart almost stopped. why hadn't anyone woken her up? surely they should've been at one of the parks by now. fear overcoming the girl, margo shot up out of bed, flinging open the door to sprint out of the room.

"jeffrey?!" margo yelled out, rushing towards his and her mother's bedroom. the house was dead silence, so quiet margo could hear the floor boards creak under her footsteps. after searching the empty bedroom, margo sprinted down the staircase, almost tripping over her own footsteps. kitchen and living room were both vacant, and margo's heart rate was beginning to speed up. had something happened in the middle of the night? the last thing she remembered was falling asleep on jeffrey in the trolly ride to the car. margo placed her hands in the roots of her hair and tugged, trying her hardest to remember anything else.

until her eyes caught sight of a figure outside in the backyard where the pool was, they were pacing and they had their arm bent up to hold something against their ear. margo squinted, her eyebrows furrowing as she walked closer, when the person turned her way and she saw it was jeffrey, she let out a quiet sigh of relief, her shoulders falling forward and her muscles relaxing, margo opened up the patio door.

"why are you out here? i got scared, where's mom?" margo spoke softly, her face falling when jeffrey put a finger up to his lips, signaling for her to be quiet. the blonde frowned, sitting down in one of the long chairs by the pool as she watched jeffrey listen to someone talk on the phone. margo pulled her legs up to cross them under her, awaiting for jeffrey to hang up the phone.

"no, that won't work. tell them i fucking paid for it so it better be there on time! that's bullshit, call me if anyone else fucks up." with an irritated sigh, jeffrey brought the phone away from his ear, clicking the end call button. margo blinked, watching him rub his hands down his face, he seemed to be angry. "what's wrong?" the blonde asked, sounding almost hesitant, surely something had to be wrong for him to be cursing at an early hour of the morning, and for her to be allowed to sleep in until almost ten while on vacation.

"just something's for work... uh, your mom went to visit a friend or whatever the fuck that means, i don't know, tink," jeffrey breathed out another heavy sigh as he sat down on the edge of the chair margo was on in front of her, his arms stretching out behind him to press his palms against the metal part that held the chair up. margo eyed his attire, grey sweatpants and a white tee, she was almost positive no one else could look that good in simple clothing.

"are you mad at me?" the blonde quietly asked, referring to his small outburst on her the night prior. jeffrey furrowed his eyebrows, turning to look at the girl as he shook his head. she seemed so afraid he would've still been angry with her, he could see the anxiety in her eyes and the unhappy expression on her face, the sight made his heart hurt. "no, of course not, tink." he assured her, moving his hand to place it on her thigh, right above her knee.

"your mom wasn't very happy about me comforting you the way i did when all that shit happened on the plane, she said since she's my wife i should've been with her and not you, can you believe that? how fucking selfish is she," jeffrey shook his head, his tongue against poking the inside of his cheek, margo stared at the side of his face, her fingers fiddling together in her lap. she swallowed the lump in her throat, it didn't entirely shock her, the only part that confused margo was why she would care when she was cheating on jeffrey, surely she didn't care about him so it couldn't have hurt her feelings.

"you fell asleep on me and that made her mad, she said she's your problem now and walked away all pissy. i had to carry you to the car and that really pissed her off, i mean god how does she have the fucking audacity to act like that when she's probably out fucking some other guy right now."

jeffrey almost immediately closed his eyes and shut his mouth after he realized what he had said. he never cursed this much in front of margo, especially involving her mom. he didn't want to talk bad about the woman in front of her, it was still margo's mother and he didn't need her to start disrespecting her to show who's side she was on. you only get one mother and jeffrey wouldn't ever forgive himself if he was the reason why margo had a ruined relationship with hers.

"i'm sorry, mar. i shouldn't have said that-"

"no, you're right. she's ridiculous and she only cares about herself," margo shrugged her shoulders, gaze averting to her criss-crossed legs under her. jeffrey glances at her, seeing her arms, shoulders, neck and legs exposed by her black sleep shorts and a pale pink tube top. his eyes focused on her collarbones and neck, god he hated it when she wore those, for his own personal reasons, clearly.

margo closed the distance between them, brushing the front of her knee against the side of his thigh. he looked at her, eyebrows raising. the girl stared back at him, before she glanced down to his lap, then back up to his eyes. he knew exactly what she was silently asking for, but he acted oblivious and didn't change his expression nor did he look away from the girl. margo grew frustrated at this, letting out a small whine and leaning forward to tap one finger on his thigh, her eyes locking onto his.

jeffrey licked his lips, wetting them as he thought for a moment. jeffrey shook his head, if he let her get in his lap she'd start moving and he'd lose all control like he did the previous time. after getting told no, margo pouted, her fingers clenching onto his leg, remaining to beg and plead, small and quiet whines leaving her mouth. jeffrey closed his eyes, his jaw clenching, god she sounded like a desperate puppy.

"fine, fuck, c'mere," jeffrey outstretched his arm closet to her, margo grinned and immediately stood to her knees, swinging one leg over his lap to straddle his waist, each leg going on either sides of his hips. jeffrey looked at her, raising his eyebrows at her pleased expression as she settled her hands on the bottom of his stomach, right above his belt.

"listen to me, alright?- hey, i'm being serious," jeffrey stopped when margo leaned in to press her lips against the side of his jaw. pulling her head away, she frowned at him, jeffrey placed his hands on her thighs. "i'm pretty sure your mom thinks there's something happening between us-"

"there's nothing happening between us-"

jeffrey interrupted her with a laugh. "oh so you think it's normal to sit on my lap and kiss me the way you just did?" he cocked his head, eyebrows furrowing but margo could see the amusement in his eyes. margo shrugged a shoulder. "i didn't say anything about it, so if she doesn't have any proof she can't do anything-"

"yeah she can, mar. she can take you from me very easily and i can't do shit about it, and neither can you. you just gotta ease up on the touching when we're around her, i know it's always innocent but still she seems to be taking everything into consideration. leave space in between us, we just have to back up from each other when she's around, alright? i rather us have to do that then me never see you again," jeffrey reached up and brushed a piece of margo's hair away that had fallen in front of her, tucking it behind her ear. she looked disappointed, but she gave jeffrey a short nod of her head to tell him she understood.

"i just like touching you.." her quiet voice trailed off, eyes falling down to focus on the bottom part of his shirt she began to rub in between her fingers on both hands. "i know, i like it too.. but we just gotta wait to do it when she isn't home," jeffrey smoothed a hand up over her bare thigh, rubbing at the delicate skin. margo nodded her head, more surely this time.

margo leaned forward and continued on with her kisses up and down the sides of jeffrey's neck, over his throat and dipping under the collar of his shirt. her mouth felt gentle against his skin, she surely had never done this before, so he titled his head back to give her more access and decided to let her learn how to on her own, to let her experiment what it felt like to do it. he could've sat there all day with her mouth on his neck, constantly moving all around.

"don't suck, no marks, alright?" jeffrey said to the girl in his lap when he felt her teeth brush against him and her lips pull his skin into her mouth, she backed off that part and moved down to his collarbone, licking over one. jeffrey swallowed, his hand traveling upwards to brush his palm over the back of her head, soothing down her messy hair from sleeping the night prior and hadn't brushing it yet.

"no." jeffrey immediately gripped onto margo's hips when she started to move, his sweats had grown tighter and he knew she felt it through her thin shorts. one hand on either sides of her to assure she didn't continue something he wasn't sure he would be able to stop, margo brought her head away from his neck to pout her bottom lip out at him.

"don't give me that look, i'm letting you do this, don't push it-"

"please, i can feel it, i want to feel more," margo puffed out in frustration, trying her hardest to slide herself over the budge in his pants but he squeezed her tighter and she wasn't able to. he knew she was frustrated and irritated with him, she wasn't wrong to be, he felt like he kept teasing her and that wasn't what he wanted to do. he kept letting her get into situations like this and then refusing everything else, like dangling a carrot in front of a bunny's face.

jeffrey sunk his teeth into his bottom lip, examining the girl sitting on his lap. margo wrapped her fingers around his wrists, her vision blurring as tears filled her eyes, jeffrey furrowed his eyebrows, gaze flickering back up onto her face. "please, i'll do what you say, and i-i'll be good, i'll listen, please," margo dragged both of her pleads out, her nails scratching against his skin. jeffrey cursed, his eyes glancing to the empty kitchen, diana shouldn't have been home soon, it was only forty minutes ago she left. they had time.

the air outside was hot, with the florida heat beginning to rise, and margo on his lap pleading him to let her touch him was only adding to the high temperature. he knew he should've have caved, but god he was growing painfully hard and his grip was slipping to keep margo from moving. jeffrey loosened his hold on her waist, silently giving her his approval, he missed margo's grin in excitement due to his eyes being shut.

margo rolled her hips, digging downwards to rub the center of herself over the bulge in the front of jeffrey's sweatpants. last time she had done this it was his thigh she had used — more like what he let her use — that only brought any source of pleasure to her, now this involved him too. he could feel her just like she felt him, and margo couldn't help the small moan that slipped past her lips at the thought. jeffrey grunted, his teeth clamping together as his fingers wrapped around the metal back legs of the chair, his arms stretched out behind him to hold himself up.

this was not nearly enough for him, maybe for margo's delicate state and her lack of ever experiencing anything more, but this was only making him grow more frustrated. god, the things he wanted to do to the girl in that moment, the images that flashed in his head was what he was trying to avoid by letting margo continue on with what she wanted. his eyes squeezed shut tight and his knuckles went white from how tight his grip was on the cold metal behind him. he could tell she was trying to feel as much of him as she possibly could by grounding her hips down, her pace grew unsteady and a frustrated whine left her mouth after a short moment.

"fuck, mar," jeffrey cursed, as he quickly sat up, grabbing onto margo so she wouldn't fall at his sudden change of position. he flipped them around so margo was laying on her back on the reclined pool chair, stretching out on it. he bent one knee to prop it up on the edge of the chair, his fingers untying the strings to his sweatpants. margo watched with wide eyes, her lips parting as she stared at the front of his pants. though that was all he did, was merely loosen them, and margo frowned at him, her eyebrows furrowing in clear disappointment.

"can i take these off?" jeffrey looped his fingers into the waistband of her grey sleep shorts, lightly tugging at them as he carefully eyed the girl. margo quickly nodded her head, lifting her hips up to help him once he started to pull them down. he leaned down push margo's tee shirt up, exposing her tan stomach, he stopped it right above her rib cage, letting the fabric continuing to hide her chest and shoulders.

when his wet mouth pressed against the skin on her stomach, margo sucked in a heavy breath, her one hand going into his hair to tangle her fingers in it, while the other gripped at the edge of the chair she was laying back on. jeffrey trailed his mouth down the middle of her stomach, grazing his teeth a little, which made margo buck her hips up towards him. jeffrey pushed her back down, now holding on arm cross the front of her hips to prevent her from repeating the action, he continued on with kissing, licking and biting at the delicate skin that covered her stomach. margo whined after a moment, clearly growing frustrated, she could feel the heal building up to be unmanageable in between her legs, and with jeffrey being so close to that area it only made her more desperate.

he ignored margo's previous noises of desperation for him to move on, but when the girl started to squirm underneath him, his mouth and his hold over her, it was quite harder to ignore. choosing to grant her her wishes, jeffrey removed his arm from across her waist and trailed his hand down to the place she wanted him most, the girl sucked in a sharp breath when he placed the whole palm of his hand against her.

"yeah? you like that?" the words came out deep and breathy, causing margo's stomach to fill with butterflies and her hand clench in his hair. the man pressed his upper against hers, speaking so close to her ear his lips brushed over the shell of it when he talked. margo's legs opened for jeffrey to lay in between them, his arm stretched down to cup her through her panties. when his fingers started to move on that sensitive spot margo's back arched up off the chair, eyes slipping shut with a moan leaving her lips. jeffrey watched her jaw slack open and her shoulders roll back, hips pushing upwards.

although margo seemed more than pleased with his fingers rubbing her through her panties, this surely was not enough for him, the sight of margo laid out under him, her shirt pushed up almost the whole way, shorts gone and his hand could feel the heat radiating off of her, it was truly intoxicating and he knew almost too well that after this he wouldn't be able get this image of her out of his head. really, she was so breathtakingly beautiful, and he has yet to see her in a way where she wouldn't be.

the man started to whisper things into her ear, all sorts of dirty things that made margo's cheeks flush red, coming out in between heavy breaths that he surely was only taking to rial her up. margo whined and moved against him when the pit of her stomach stared to swirl, his pace picking up and his mouth moving down to kiss and bite at her neck right under her ear.

"you gonna come for me, princess? c'mon, baby, daddy's gotcha-"

"jeffrey! is margo awake?!"

jeffrey jumped off the girl as if she had turned to flames and burnt him, his eyes widening and his heart hammering against his, he frantically glanced to the kitchen in a panic, seeing diana was entering the front door. he quickly leaned down and snatched onto margo's hands, pulling her up onto her feet. he quickly searched for her shorts that he had so carelessly tossed somewhere, after finding them on the ground next to the steps leading into the pool, a little too close to his liking, a further throw and they for sure would've been in the water.

"come on, put them on!" jeffrey whispered yelled to the girl as he shoved them into her hands, leaning over to look through the glass double doors on the patio, seeing diana had her back facing them, he could see plastic bags scattered around the counter tops she had been unpacking items form. margo hurriedly followed his orders, she had gotten scared from her mother almost catching them herself, she knew jeffrey would be in lots of trouble, diana would take no mercy on him, she was sure of it. but that didn't mean the throbbing in between her legs went away.

"jeffrey?" diana questioned again, eyebrows furrowing and eyes narrowing as she began to turn around, spinning in a slow circle to search around the area. "say something!" margo whisper shouted to the man, flicking her hands against his hands as she stared up at him in a what are you doing you idiot panic stare.

"y-yeah! i'm right here," jeffrey called back as he headed towards the doors, pulling one open once he reached it, margo stayed out of the view of both the doors and the window that overlooked the pool. she couldn't help but roll her eyes as she watched jeffrey enter the house to speak to her oblivious mother, she really couldn't tell who was more flustered, herself or jeffrey. margo wasn't sure what she was supposed to do next, she decided she would wait for her mother to retreat to upstairs to run into the house and pretend she was in her bedroom the whole time. that seemed simple enough to avoid any questioning from her weirdly suspicious mother was beginning to ruin margo's life.

jeffrey finally touched her after margo had been aching for it for weeks now — maybe even months, and she just wasn't aware of it — and it felt like an itched had finally been scratched, her stomach was filled with pleasant butterflies and jeffrey didn't exactly seem to not be enjoying it.. diana had just yelled for him and ruined everything. diana yelled for him and he went running, leaving margo in a very vulnerable state and scolding her to get dressed. had diana been more important to jeffrey than margo was? the thought made a saddening expression cross over margo's face, her heart practically falling to the ground.

all margo ever wanted was his attention, she loved him dearly and thought the entire world of him, there was no one better than him out there and margo was sure of it. no one could handle margo better than he did, he was surely a pro at it by now. diana cheated on him — or is cheating, they weren't too sure — and in that moment he chose diana over her, she understood they had to stop, but jeffrey didn't need to be as harsh as he was. margo has never experienced any kind of intimacy, all this was new to her and she wasn't too sure why, but it really upset her that jeffrey was as mean as he was while she was in that state of vulnerability.

the way he dragged her out of the chair and she almost stumbled and fell on the hard concrete below her with how hard he tugged her along behind him, her small frame barely being able to keep up with his much larger one. margo knew herself very well, she was smart enough to admit that she was sensitive, so it didn't surprise that this was upsetting her as much as it was.

margo did just as she had planned and sprinted up the steps after her mother's departure to their bedroom surely to get changed into clothes for the day. she had listened in on their conversation and heard diana say they should head one of the smaller parks due to their late start, so margo didn't have to stop and ask jeffrey where they were going. margo past the man that was in the kitchen, oblivious to his head picking up to watch her.

twenty minutes later and the three were in the jeep, margo had yet to speak a word to jeffrey, nor did she return any of his glances, not meeting his eyes once. this confused jeffrey, she had never done this before, yeah she's ignored him due to one of their arguments before, but they hadn't argued that day. jeffrey couldn't help the fear that filled the pit of his stomach, the thought of margo regretting what they did and her telling on him to her mother.

no, she wouldn't do that. regret it or not she loves you, just calm down.

he couldn't calm down. and his fear only multiplied throughout the day as margo ignored any words he spoke to her, disregarding any kind of jokes he made, and she even went as far as to walk alongside her mother at all times. his thoughts ran back to when he told her the previous night they needed to separate from one another, maybe she was just listening to him... for once.

he couldn't say that it didn't sting though, he had grown so used to the girl practically living in his pocket, to go from her having to touch him in some sort of way whenever she was with him, to margo not even sparing him a second glance was quite a big jump in just one day, and jeffrey was surprisingly not ready for that big of a leap. she was right there in front of him, nose deep into her phone screen as they awaited in line for one of the rides that was too busy to purchase a fast pass. margo was just a few feet away, but she seemed so distant.

he couldn't ask her what was wrong in front of diana, seeing as to a bystander margo had been acting perfectly alright, but that clearly was not the case to jeffrey, something was wrong for margo to be avoiding him. the girl was usually glued to his side, took every chance she could to be next to him, she would secretly try holding onto some part of him at all times, even just one of the loops to his jeans. margo had always been so attached to him, he couldn't help but feel very exposed with her lack of presence close to him.

jeffrey would be lying if he said he wasn't searching for something margo would like for lunch, that he would ever admit it out loud but he desperately wanted to get back on her good side, in fear of their events of that morning had something to do with it. the three settled on a restaurant inside of hollywood studios for lunch, it was themed with all the movie characters and the booths had wizards hats scattered around the back of them. it was a place to sit inside and out of the blazing heat so they were happy with it.

first jeffrey sat down, he moved closer to the end, towards the wall the booth was pressed up again, to make room for margo to sit beside him. it was truly something he did unintentionally, it was a task he had learned to do a long time ago. the blonde followed in after her mother, sitting beside her instead, she wasn't even across from jeffrey, diana was. jeffrey couldn't help but stare at the girl, his arms folded up over the table, margo hasn't returned any of his glances throughout the day, if it was in other circumstances jeffrey would've been impressed with how well she was ignoring him.

"i need to use the restroom, excuse me dear-"

"i'll go with you!" margo quickly exclaimed, interrupting her mother mother's words. jeffrey furrowed his eyebrows, he could see the skeptical expression washing over diana as she looked at her daughter, pausing for a moment before she slowly nodded her head. "alright, let's go." the two slid out of the booth after that, following the wizard wounds hung from the ceiling that pointed towards the restrooms. jeffrey bent his arms up to place his elbows on the table, scrubbing a hand down his face before sliding it down to cup his chin, staring at the empty booth in front of him.

"did you and jeffrey get into an argument?" diana asked her daughter as soon as the two were in the safety of the woman's bathroom and away from the man she began to speak about. the blonde turned around to face her mother, the two standing in front of the sinks, the bathroom vacant excluding for them. margo shook her head no, plastering on a fake oblivious expression. "no, why?" she questioned, her teeth beginning to chew on the inside of her cheek.

diana furrowed her eyebrows, noticing margo hadn't tilted her head to the side like a confused puppy like she always did whenever she asked a genuine question. but diana knew something had to have happened, margo's demeanor towards jeffrey had done such a drastic change it was impossible not to.

"because you seem to be treating him like you's have.. must've been a pretty bad one since you have never done this before," diana interrogated her daughter, a questioning look on her face. margo swallowed, feeling her hands starting to get clammy and her heart rate nervously speed up. she couldn't know what actually happened, jeffrey so abruptly stopped them as soon as her mother came through the front door, she couldn't have seen that far into the pool area from where she was.

"no, nothing happened. we're fine-"

"oh really? because usually you're in his pocket, margo. and now you won't even look at him?" diana pushed further, and margo was beginning to panic. she could not let her mother find out about what happened that morning, despite her anger towards jeffrey at the moment. what if she had raised diana's suspicions just by how she was acting throughout the day? margo would be the one to blame for jeffrey's downfall, and she wouldn't ever forgive herself for that.

"no, mom. nothing happened, okay? now excuse me, i did have to pee." margo rolled her brown eyes to make it more believable, as she turned and headed into one of the stalls, closing and locking the tall wooden door behind her. margo buried her face into her hands, inhaling a deep, shaky breath in attempts to slow her heart rate. after a moment or two, margo stepped out of the stall, quickly washing her hands and tossing the brown paper towel into the trash bin on her way out, as she approached the table she seen diana had already made it back.

margo slid into the booth beside her mother, and ignored every glance jeffrey shot her way.

|

maybe ignoring jeffrey for the whole day wasn't such a great idea, it sure was making her feel better in the time being, it made her feel like she was successfully doing something about the way he made her feel, something he was noticing. but now that they were on their way out of the park at eleven o'clock that night at closing time, margo was entirely exhausted and she wished jeffrey would carry her again. but she was already in too deep, the day was over, there was no point in giving in now. besides, she wasn't so sure jeffrey would even do if after what shes done.

the long walk to the trolly, the trolly ride and the walk to their jeep was all miserable, jeffrey couldn't help but grin in amusement at the girl's visible exhaustion, a pout on her lips and her eyelids half shut, arms tightly crossed over her chest an in attempt to block the wind blowing past her. still though, no matter how much she wanted to beg jeffrey to scoop her up, she wouldn't let herself, sometimes her stubbornness caused her to be miserable.

margo practically crawled up the steps leading towards her bedroom when they arrived to their temporary home. jeffrey locked the door behind him while diana headed up the stairs a minute after her daughter, surely going to change out of her clothes and into some more comfortable ones. since the three hadn't ate dinner and their last meal was at two o'clock that afternoon, he decided to place a simple cheese pizza in the oven, it was margo's favorite so hopefully that would make the girl talk to him.

diana had returned back downstairs after a few minutes, joining jeffrey on the couch in front of the tv. he couldn't help but grow tense at her presence, it seemed like the last couple days whenever they were close to one another all she wanted to do was bring up his and margo's relationship, he was sure she'd find an issue with a distance being put between them too, she seemed to have a problem with everything the two did.

the fifteen minutes it took for the pizza to cook in the oven were long and uncomfortable, the silence between the two was something he grew miserable within, it never felt like this with margo, even if they weren't talking, everything with the blonde seemed so much more comfortable and natural compared to diana, which was understandable considering he knew her dirty little secret.

when the timer on the oven beeped jeffrey immediately stood to his feet, entering the kitchen to open it and retrieve it. he grabbed one of the glass plates from out of the cupboard, taking two slices and placing them on the plate, he filled a plastic pink cup with apple juice, kicking the fridge door shut before exiting the kitchen. diana turned her head, doing a double take when she noticed the items in his hands and the gallon of apple juice left on the counter.

"she's already sleeping." diana told him in a flat tone, jeffrey could almost hear her rolling her eyes. jeffrey ignored her as he headed up the steps to margo's bedroom, if she was asleep he would wake her up, she needed to eat so it was for a much more important reason than him just selfishly wanting to speak to her. when he arrived at her door he saw it was halfway open with light shining through, he carefully nudged it open with his elbow, revealing margo laying on her stomach, one armed bent and tucked under her chin to prop her head up, while the other held her phone in front of her face, mindlessly scrolling through social media.

her eyes glanced up to jeffrey when he opened the door, a grin tugging on the corner of her mouth when she noticed the plate of cheese pizza and a pink cup in his hands, she turned her phone off, sitting it beside her as she pushed herself up into a siting position, swinging her legs under her to cross them. margo extended her arms out and reached for the plate, that same grin on her face. jeffrey handed it to her, then placed the cup of apple juice on the nightstand.

"thank you." the blonde mumbled, sitting the plate on the bed in front of her as she picked up one of the slices. jeffrey nodded, his arms crossing over his chest as he leaned back against the wall, watching the girl, who still refused to look at him. "you gonna tell me what you've been pouting about all day?" jeffrey asked, head tilting to the side as his eyes narrowed in a questioning way.

margo chewed on the piece of pizza she had bitten off, thinking over his question. she wondered if she wanted to tell the truth, lie about it, or continue to ignore him. but he had brought her dinner without margo asking for it which she thought was kinda nice of him, no matter the situation between them he was already looking out for her. but at the end of the day, her mother was his wife, would he angry for her being upset about this? usually jeffrey being angry she wouldn't have thought twice about, she wouldn't have cared, her mentally was always whatever, he'll get over it. but nowadays that didn't seem to be the case.

"uh oh, i know that look... you're thinking about making up a story to lie to me, well princess, i'd suggest not bothering," jeffrey had lowered himself to crouch down beside her, leaning his elbow up on the bed. margo stared at the glass plate, her thoughts running everywhere as she thought over her decision. with her still refusing to meet his gaze, jeffrey leaned in towards her face, ghosting his mouth over the side of her cheek, the small gesture made margo's heart skip a beat.

"you still ignoring me?" he whispered into her ear, lips brushing over the skin when he talked. margo clenched her jaw, teeth tightening together as she continued staring at the wall in front of her, refusing to give in and look at the man beside her. jeffrey trailed his lips down the side of her neck, pressing his mouth fully against that soft spot behind her ear where he knew she liked it. margo's fingers twisted in the comforter she was sitting on, gripping onto it.

jeffrey continued, his mouth moving down to the side of her collarbone, licking the skin and scraping his teeth against it, his eyes moving down to watch margo grip the blanket into her fists, his actions clearly effecting her. he knew he couldn't pursue any further, not with the door wide open and diana being able to catch them at any minute, he hated having to strain his ears for any sounds of the woman, he wished he could have margo alone for just a few hours.

when the man pulled away from her, margo spoke to him for the first time that day. "j-jeffrey.." her quiet voice whined in a complaining way, eyes slipping shut as she leaned against him, attempting to follow him almost as soon as he had pulled away. jeffrey closed his eyes, nodding against her cheek when his lips touched her jawline. "i know, i know, baby." he whispered in a comforting tone, dipping his head down to place a wet kiss to her neck. margo sucked in a heavy breath at this, twisting the comforter tighter into her grip.

"you ready to talk to me yet?" he mumbled against her skin, his eyes opening to watch the girl. margo blinked, rethinking her decision, before she turned her head to look at the man for the first time that day. she nodded twice, keeping eye contact with him. jeffrey offered her a reassuring grin, pulling back from the girl to stand up to his feet, gazing down at the blonde seated on the mattress. his silence telling margo that he was expecting her to speak, so she grasped her fingers around her ankle that was tucked under her and flickered her eyes to the ground before she began to speak.

"you left me."

"what? when have i ever done that?" jeffrey barely let margo finish her sentence, the words flying out of his mouth before he could stop them. margo looked at him, seeing his eyebrows were furrowed and he was frowning, a clear confused and questioning expression. "this morning.. mom called your name and went to her, right away! you just left me like that," margo responded, her bottom lip popping out in a pout after she spoke.

jeffrey paused, as he replayed the morning in his head, searching for the moment margo was referring to. even when he knew for a fact that that wasn't what happened — or at least not to him, if it came off that way to margo it didn't surprise him, with her sensitive feelings he couldn't believe he didn't figure it out earlier that that was it. he breathed out a heavy sigh through his nose, scrubbing a hand down his face.

"tink, that wasn't what happened, i didn't leave you, i couldn't have kept going with your mom about to walk in," jeffrey crouched down next to the girl, expression softening at the look on her face. this had to have truly hurt her feelings for her to ignore him the whole day, and the thought of him being the reason for her sadness was not settling okay with him, it actually made him feel sick to his stomach.

"i know, i know that, it's just.. i guess i just felt like you chose her over me." there, it was out. he knew and margo couldn't go back, part of her was relieved to get the words out after caging them in all day, while the other half of her was screaming in regret, she was too afraid for his reaction margo turned her eyes to stare at the wall in front of her so she wouldn't have to see it. jeffrey placed his hand on her bare thigh, since her sleep shorts had risen up due to her sitting position. margo turned to him, meeting his comforting eyes.

"tink.. i did not choose her over you. i'm sorry we had to stop, i didn't want to, but we had to. i didn't mean to shove you around but i had to make sure she didn't see us, alright?" jeffrey told the girl in a reassuring tone, his heart clenching when margo looked at him with big brown watery eyes, lips trembling in the slightest. jeffrey lifted his hand to place it on margo's cheek, the girl almost immediately leaned into his touch, her eyes falling shut, thus causing a couple tears to slip down her cheeks, jeffrey swiftly wiped them away with the pad of his thumb.

"hey, it's alright. don't cry, princess. it's getting really late, you should go to sleep, okay? i'm sure your mom will have us up as early as possible since we got a late start today," jeffrey rolled his eyes as he thought about the woman rolling over to wake him up no later than six in the morning most likely. margo slowly nodded, her sleepy eyes remaining shut. jeffrey picked up the plate with one slice of pizza on it and moved it to sit on the floor, leaving the cup of juice there for her to drink in case she woke up in the middle of the night.

he gently moved margo to the head of the bed, pulling the sheet and comforter up to place over her body. margo snuggled into the mattress, melting into its softness and the comfort of the blanket, jeffrey leaned down and kissed her forehead, brushing her blonde baby hair's out of the way. "you still want the light on?" he quietly questioned the half asleep girl, margo nodded her head, her fingers coming up to touch his hand that was resting on her cheek. jeffrey kissed her temple once more before standing to his full height, he picked up the plate from off the floor on his way out of the bedroom, leaving the door open a crack and the light bulb on.

turning around, jeffrey said one last thing to the girl who had cracked open her eyes to watch him leave.

"we'll continue what we were doing earlier soon, i promise."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

234 45 45
There are people that come into your life like a bright cloud just passing by, giving you shade for one second but never making any big impact. Then...
39.9K 1.3K 73
Nate Archibald x OC ©️ derekhalekolmlover S1-6
45.2K 1K 26
"you mean everything to me, but we can't have everything" ( sadie sink x female oc )
4.4K 280 25
"Head in the clouds, but my gravity's centered" -T.YS "No shirt, no blouse, just us to find out" - O.SN Start Jan 11/2024 🏆 #1 YuSion 🏆 #1 Riku 🏆...