Dream and Inspiration

By jordynexus

When Talia meets Trent for the first time, she doesn't know who he is. How will she react when she finds out... More

β€’ C A S T β€’
F o r e w o r d
O n e
T w o
F o u r
F i v e
S i x
S e v e n
E i g h t
N i n e
T e n
E l e v e n
T w e l v e
T h i r t e e n
F o u r t e e n
F i f t e e n
S i x t e e n
β€’ F I N A L N O T E β€’

T h r e e

1.6K 22 16
By jordynexus

Talia was incredibly excited by the time the two of them made it to the dolphin pools, accompanied with their escort. Trent was laughing at her, but he was looking forward to it too. The person who escorted them said he was one of the dolphin trainers from the pools. He directed them to lockers where they could leave their belongings, and get changed into wetsuits that were provided. Once the two were ready, he lead them round to the pools, and they had their first glimpse of the dolphins.

"Oh wow, this is amazing," Talia breathed.

"Have you seen a dolphin up close before?" Asked Trent.

"Only through the glass at an aquarium back in England," she replied. "Aw, aren't they beautiful!"

The dolphins were friendly and inquisitive, and as the two of them entered the pool, they swam over immediately, wanting to greet the new arrivals. Trent and Talia had an hour in the pool with them, getting to pat them, and hug them, and watching them swim and play. The trainer taught them to play games with them by splashing in the water, or playing peekaboo with their hands. They even got to see how high they could leap, which was an incredible sight to see up close.

@talia_harrington:

Liked by Phoenix.h and others...

💬Do you get good luck if you've been kissed by a dolphin?🐬

[comments have been limited]

@dante_harrington: it depends if that's all you've been kissed by today👀
↪️@talia_harrington: ha. Well done👏🏼 (and yes.)
↪️@dante_harrington: no good luck for you then! 😂

"Thank you so much for this, Trent," said Talia, after they were showered and changed, and back in the main body of the aquarium once again. "You didn't have to do that but I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome," he smiled. "It was so worth it, I've never experienced anything like that before!"

"Right!" Talia beamed.

After making a detour past the souvenir store, so Talia could buy herself a stuffed dolphin, they finally left the aquarium. After grabbing some food, (which Talia insisted on paying for as that was HER idea,) headed down to the waters edge which was right nearby to eat it. Both of them perched on the limestone wall which was just above the sands, and soaked up the sun's rays whilst it was still high in the sky.

"This day is too good to be true," Talia sighed happily. She was leaning back on her hands, but sat up straight to poke Trent in the arm. "Are you real? I'm not sure you are."

"Well I'm pretty sure I'm real," Trent laughed. "You are so sweet, Talia. You're so down to earth, and you're kind and funny. I hope that when we're both back in Liverpool we don't lose contact, you know? I don't want this to be just a holiday thing."

"Me neither," Talia admitted. "I had no intention of even looking for a relationship on this trip. I went through some pretty tough times recently with my ex, and I lost my closest friend because of it. I was pretty depressed, that day you met me on the beach."

"Oh, really?" Asked Trent, looking at her in surprise. "You didn't seem upset at all."

"Well, I wasn't after you showed up," she replied, with a laugh. "You made me smile from the first moment I met you, and you haven't stopped since then, so... long may it continue?"

"I'm glad I make you happy," he said. "What happened, if you don't mind me asking? Was it a bad break up?"

Talia sighed. She'd barely spoken about this with anyone who wasn't her mother, but she felt that Trent had a right to know. They'd just spoken about how they wanted to keep seeing each other, and he deserved to know what had happened. Apart from anything else, however, she trusted him not to spread it or to misunderstand her.

"It wasn't a bad break up," she said, at last. "Well I mean... not when we broke up, anyway. We were both pretty upset, but it was mutual, you know? We'd fallen out of love. But anyway, that was two months ago, and I was ready to move on a month after it happened. That was until I found out that my best friend had gotten together with him only a day after we broke up."

"What?" Trent exclaimed. "But that's... wait, so did you ask her what had happened?"

"Yeah, and I tried to be nice about it, I didn't want to upset her over a misunderstanding, and I had heard it from somebody else, not from her. But when I spoke to her, she pretty much said that she'd been waiting for us to break up so she could date him."

"Oh, wow," Trent's eyes widened. "That's so harsh! How could you say that to anyone, let alone someone you were close with!"

"Who knows," Talia sighed. "Anyway, I kept trying. I was like, okay, I get it if you're both in love you can't change what you feel, we can still be friends, but she just cut me off. I didn't realise it at first - I'd call her to go out somewhere, and she'd make excuses like she was too tired, or she had to write up an article - she's a journalist, by the way. And then later on I'd find out that she'd gone out anyway with other people."

"Aw, Talia you don't deserve that," Trent sighed. "I wouldn't trust a journalist as far as I could throw them, anyway. Please tell me you don't speak to her anymore?"

"No, I don't," she responded, with a slight smile. "I learned my lesson, eventually. But I don't have many friends at all now, since most of the people I know, I knew through her. My brothers have been my rocks over the past few weeks. Especially Dante. He's the one I do YouTube with."

"Yes, I remember you telling me," Trent nodded, recalling their conversation on the beach the other day.

"Enough about me though," Talia shook her head, with a laugh. "What do you do for a job?"

"I...uh, I work at a football club," said Trent, sheepishly.

"Oh, wow," Talia smiled. "That's pretty cool. I don't know football, but my brothers and my dad do."

"You must be a rare species then," Trent laughed. "England is so consumed by football."

Talia joined in his laughter, giving him a playful shove. Trent grabbed onto his food box in alarm to prevent it from falling into the sand below.

"Hey!" He protested.

"Sorry." Talia giggled. "I don't hate football, or anything. I'll watch it with my family, mostly because my brothers are hilarious when they get really invested in a game. But I don't subscribe to the whole hero worship thing. I don't know the names of the players, I don't follow a particular club. But the game itself is pretty cool."

"Okay," Trent said, smiling at her. "I can work with that."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Talia laughed.

"Football's pretty important to me," he said. "It's been my whole life, basically."

"You should have been a footballer then," she told him, with a smile. "But I guess you wouldn't have been as humble as you are if you'd taken that path in life."

"Oh, really," Trent raised an eyebrow at her. "That's an interesting thought. Anyway, you'll have to show me some of your YouTube videos one day. I've never really been into piano music before, but maybe I can learn to appreciate it?"

"Sure," Talia beamed at him. "We've got a few on there that would be entertaining for someone who wasn't really into piano music, we can watch them together one day."

"I'd like that," nodded Trent.

@talia_harrington:

Liked by dante_harrington and others...

💬One of those perfect Mykonos days💭

[comments have been disabled]

~.~.~.~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348K 3.3K 44
Perrie Edward's little sister has never been a fan of football although her sisters boyfriend plays for Liverpool. When Perrie drags her sister to on...
75.2K 1.4K 29
"πˆπ… 𝐈 π‡πˆπ“ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‚π‘πŽπ’π’ππ€π‘, π˜πŽπ” 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 π“πŽ π†πŽ π“πŽ 𝐀 π‹πˆπ•π„π‘ππŽπŽπ‹ πŒπ€π“π‚π‡" 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡, Cora Omilana makes Trent...
14.1K 168 37
In the heart of Liverpool, where passion for football meets the beat of the city, psychologist Seraphina Everly has her hands full when the enigmatic...
8.7K 135 14
"πΈπ‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘¦π‘‘π‘–π‘šπ‘’ 𝑖 π‘π‘™π‘œπ‘ π‘’ π‘šπ‘¦ 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠, 𝑖𝑑𝑠 π‘™π‘–π‘˜π‘’ π‘Ž π‘‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘˜ π’‘π’‚π’“π’‚π’…π’Šπ’”π’†" "π‘‘π‘œπ‘š π‘¦π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘ π‘œ π‘π‘Žπ‘π‘¦ π‘”π‘–π‘Ÿπ‘™" "π’šπ’†π’‚ π’ŠοΏ½...