Dream and Inspiration

By jordynexus

When Talia meets Trent for the first time, she doesn't know who he is. How will she react when she finds out... More

• C A S T •
F o r e w o r d
O n e
T h r e e
F o u r
F i v e
S i x
S e v e n
E i g h t
N i n e
T e n
E l e v e n
T w e l v e
T h i r t e e n
F o u r t e e n
F i f t e e n
S i x t e e n
• F I N A L N O T E •

T w o

1.8K 23 20
By jordynexus

"I swear we always go to seafood places," Tom was complaining, as the family of six arrived at the waterfront restaurant.

"It's coz dad likes seafood," said Dante. "It's literally the only reason."

"Hey, so does Talia!" His father chuckled at them. "I put it to you guys, and you agreed that this was a good choice."

"Only because you're paying," muttered Phoenix.

"Second that!" Said Talia, with a grin.

Their father sighed, and put an arm around his wife, shaking his head.

"It was wrong of me to assume age would bring maturity to my kids," he told her.

"Of course not," she replied, with a smile. "They're your kids. Let's go in."

@talia_harrington:

Liked by Phoenix.h and others...

💬 You'll be pleased to hear the obsession is still alive and kicking 🦑

[comments have been limited]

@dante_harrington: and nobody is surprised😄 also prawns >>>
↪️@talia_harrington: i think you'll find ur wrong mate 🦑🦑🦑

Talia enjoyed their family dinner, until suddenly, she saw somebody she recognised, and from that point forward, she could not concentrate. Trent entered the restaurant about half an hour later with his own family, and she almost swallowed an entire calamari ring in surprise, reaching for her water to stop herself from choking.

"T! You alright?" Asked Dante, in amused concern.

Phoenix went to thump her on the back, but she batted him away, shaking her head.

"I'm fine," she said. "Just swallowed something the wrong way."

"You don't say," her dad raised an eyebrow at her. "I thought you'd swallowed your tongue."

Talia didn't entirely understand why Trent was such a distraction for her. Sure, he was kinda cute, but she'd literally known him for half a day. However, after they'd made awkward eye contact several times, she saw him get up to go to the water stand. She turned back to her family.

"I think I need more water, after that," she said, standing up, and picking up the empty water jug. "Does anyone else want some?"

"Please," nodded her mother. "Thanks Talia."

The brunette headed over to the water station, and Trent glanced up at her as she joined him, giving her a smile.

"Long time no see," he stated, with a chuckle. "How's your evening?"

"Not bad, not bad," Talia smiled. "And yourself?"

"It's good," he nodded, his eyes returning to focus on the water jug he was filling up. "Your hat made it home safely?"

"It did," she laughed. "So... those are your brothers?"

"Yeah," Trent said, nodding his head towards them. "Tyler and Marcel. And they're your brothers? You told me their names already but I've forgotten."

"Yep," Talia smiled at him. "Phoenix and Dante are older, and Tom is younger."

"Ay, middle child life," Trent smiled, holding out a fist bump for her, which she reciprocated with a laugh. Trent took up his now full water jug, and nodded to her.

"I'll see you later?"

"For sure," she smiled, turning to fill up her own jug.

When she returned to the table, Dante was eyeing her curiously.

"Who's the guy?" He asked.

"What guy?" Talia asked innocently.

Dante gave her an unimpressed look.

"The one you were literally just talking to over there?"

"Oh! Sorry, yeah, his name is Trent. He actually saved my hat from drowning today at the beach, so he was just saying hi."

"Ah. What a hero," said Phoenix. "Every girl likes a hero, right?"

"Phoenix don't be sexist!" His mother chided him.

"I'm not!" Phoenix protested. "How was that sexist! And anyway, T literally made an excuse to go over and talk to this Trent guy, so she must fancy him."

"News flash, big man, not every guy I interact with outside this family is a potential boyfriend," Talia rolled her eyes, picking up her fork, and stabbing another calamari ring with a little more force than was strictly necessary.

"No, of course not," said Dante. "Just this one."

"Oh my days, would you lot shut up?" Tom complained. "I literally don't care who Talia talks to."

"Wow, rude," Talia raised an eyebrow at him.

"Hey, I'm defending you!" Tom laughed, shaking his head at her. "Bite the hand that feeds you, alright?"

"That's not what that phrase means," said their dad, as he watched them bicker, his eyes alight with amusement. "Let Talia flirt with water jug boys if she wants to. She's allowed."

"Not you as well," Talia sighed. "Mum?"

"I'm not getting into this," her mother raised her hands.

Talia rolled her eyes, and reached out to pinch a prawn off Phoenix's plate.

"Payment for bullying your only sister," she told him. "Shut up and eat."

~.~.~.~.~

A few days later, the incident had been all but forgotten by the family, until Talia's brothers picked up on the fact that she was smiling at her phone a lot, and texting at all times of the day. Phoenix (Damn him) somehow made the connection, and Talia's red cheeks were enough to give her away this time. Her dad was still referring to Trent as water jug boy, and Dante would not shut up about it, but she ignored them all. She and Trent had plans to visit the aquarium that day, and she escaped as soon as she could, feeling more than ready for a break from her brothers.

"Good to see you again," she smiled at him, as they hugged in greeting. "We ready to go in?"

"For sure," Trent nodded, with a smile. "You gonna let me pay for your ticket, or are you one of girls who don't accept gifts?"

Talia laughed at his words.

"I'll tell you what, since it was your idea to come here, I'll let you pay. But if we go somewhere and it's my idea, I pay."

"I like it," Trent nodded. "Let's go then!"

As she waited in the lobby for Trent to get their tickets, Talia gazed around at the photos up on the walls, feeling excited for what they were going to see. She loved sea creatures, especially dolphins, and as soon as Trent had suggested the idea she'd jumped at the idea.

"So," she said, as Trent rejoined her, handing her one of the tickets. "If you're buying me gifts, is this a date?"

Trent laughed, linking their arms, and pulling her towards the entrance to the aquarium.

"Absolutely, if you want it to be a date then it's a date."

"I want it to be a date," Talia confirmed, with a chuckle. "Sorry, That was kinda abrupt."

"No no, I love the confidence," Trent smiled at her. "Let's just enjoy the day, okay?"

"Okay... wait. Look! Sharks!"

Talia gazed at the tunnel they were now entering in wonder, seeing it filled with sharks of all shapes and sizes.

"I can't believe the very first exhibit is the shark tank," said Trent. "The rest of the aquarium must be amazing."

"Why don't the big sharks just eat the little sharks?" Talia wondered. "They're big enough to."

"Love how that's your first concern," Trent laughed.

"Shut up, you. Can you take a photo for me?"

She handed him her phone, and he obliged, taking a photo of her standing in the tunnel under the shark tank, with the sharks swimming around her.

"Crazy," she muttered, as she saw the photo. "This looks good, thank you."

@talia_harrington:

Liked by harringtonsiblingsfan and others...

💬I have a new favourite spot in Mykonos and it's under the shark tank 🦈

[comments have been disabled]

The two of them continued through the aquarium, appreciating every single exhibit that was on display. They particularly liked the enormous cylindrical shaped tank that was filled with all kinds of multicoloured fish. Trent liked the jellyfish, although Talia found them just a little creepy to look at.

"I have a surprise for you," said Trent, after they'd seen most of the aquarium.

"Oh really?" Asked Talia, her green eyes widening a little as she turned to look at him.

"Yeah. Come with me."

Trent took her hand, and led her along to an information desk, where a woman sat typing at a computer.

"Hi," Trent addressed her. "We're here for the dolphin encounters?"

"Oh, of course," the woman nodded, giving him a smile. "May I see your tickets, please?"

Trent produced two more tickets from his pocket, as Talia gaped at him in astonishment.

"Dolphin what?!"

Trent only grinned at her, as he handed over the tickets to the woman.

"Thank you," she nodded, scanning them in, before punching a hole in the ends of them, and handing them back to him. She picked up two green strips of a plastic material, and peeled the sticky ends off of them. "Would you both mind holding out your hands?"

The two of them obliged, and the lady attached the green bands to their wrists, sticking them together at the ends.

"That's great," she said, once it was done. "Now if you'll just wait here a moment, someone will be here to take you out to the pools."

A/N: I believe I should point out that this aquarium is based off the S.E.A. Aquarium in Singapore. I went there just before corona became a thing and I got stuck in my home country for the foreseeable future, and it's as amazing as I make it sound. We did the dolphin thing as well. I googled aquariums in Mykonos, and I don't think they have one. So there's that :)

So here is a photo of me meeting the dolphin through glass. I got to pat her later but those photos show my face so I'm not gonna put them on wattpad lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 4.6K 39
❝ Well, sorry to say this, but I think I'm going to be here for a while ❞ imbalance 》》lack of proportion or relation between corresponding things. In...
117K 1.1K 30
Y/n, a simple 19 year old girl who goes to college, like normal people do. Her father is a very well known coach, he actively trains the Portuguese c...
14.9K 396 11
𝐁𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘 ꨄ︎ DISCONTINUED. 𝒂 𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒙𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒇𝒂𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏! ✧˖°๋࣭ ⭑ ❝if you know how to be my lover, may...
65.6K 1K 106
Tyra is the little sister of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, starring in Outer Banks means she spends a lot of time away filming. but what will happen when...