THE IMMORTALS (✓)

By piadreamer

This is a sequel to A Surprise and A Betrayal. If you haven't read that story go check it out first. Because... More

1. I found a sister in you.
2. Buried Truth
3. Further information and the Nightstorms.
4. I'll breathe again
5. Happiness comes in all forms.
6. Single for life - not.
7. Perfect two
9. Arising threats.
10. Impossible but true.
11. The silver angel.
12. Suspicions.
13. The Fallen Angel.
14. If aught but death part thee and me.
15. I'm Back.
16. Kasper whispers.....
17. Expect the unexpected
18. Gone
19. Spawn of Satan or Superior than Satan?
20. Watch the world burn.
21. Consul Alec Lightwood Bane
22. The Angel's demise.
23. Searching for Magnus
24. Embrace what you got.
25. First defeat
26. Like a diamond cuts diamond.
27. Challenge accepted.
28. Only one would stand at the end of it all.
29. Looking to a bright future.
Epilogue

8. A friend or foe?

381 21 35
By piadreamer

The cold zephyr weaving in through the ajar windows cascaded over Alec's bareback, making him shiver in sleep. It was raining outside and both love birds were fast asleep in each other's arms, but the cold soft waves tingling against Alec's skin were doing him no good. His eye sockets moved slightly behind his closed eyelids and after some time it fluttered open, only to find that it was still dark making him groan, almost. The shivering body of his husband's made him stop making that noise. Needless to say, he was shivering more than Alec and they were both just in their boxers.

Alec pulled the blanket up and wrapped it around them, which had almost fallen off the bed. He then looked at the clock and noticed it was only 5:30 in the morning, the rain was hitting on their windows and their whole room was filled with earthly scent, which was simply breathtaking. Their room was still dark and the only thing illuminating their room was the dim glow of the magical stars scattered on their ceiling. They do it often, convert their ceiling into the moods of the night they felt before sleeping and it always was beautiful. He sighed and wrapped his arms tightly around his husband's waist then closed his eyes so that sleep could take over again. After struggling for almost half an hour, he finally fell asleep.

The loud buzzing of the alarm woke both men up. Groaning, Magnus shot his magic at the clock breaking it into two, then buried his head in his husband's hairy chest. Alec chuckled, slowly blinked his eyes open, and kissed his grumpy warlock's head.

"Someone woke up in a bad mood?" Alec said in his deep morning voice.

"I'm tired! Need more sleep!" Came a  cute, muffled voice. 

Alec ran his fingers soothingly through his warlock's silky hair and Magnus leaned into it, nuzzling closer to his husband. It was still drizzling outside and the weather was perfect for them to lay in bed, get cozy and cuddle all day but unfortunately for them, they had to work.

"Love, you slept early yesterday saying the same thing and you're still feeling tired? It's 8:30 in the morning. Are you okay?" Alec asked, a little concerned about his husband. Magnus was feeling tired constantly for few days.

Magnus looked up at his shadowhunter and pouted, not wanting to get up at all. Honestly, yes he was still feeling tired and he had no idea why but he didn't want to worry his husband unnecessarily, he was working too much for few days so he blamed it for his tiredness.

On the other hand, Alec saw right through his husband's tactics and looked sternly at him. "Mags, what did you promise about not hiding anything from me ever again?"

Magnus sighed and looked up at him apologetically. "I'm sorry, yes, I'm still feeling tired but it must be because of my work, you know how busy I'm for few days. Now can I get a kiss from my bossy husband?" He pouted, earning a chuckle from the shadowhunter.

Alec pulled him up and kissed those pouting lips in a slow and gentle kiss and wrapped his arms around Magnus' waist. When they broke the kiss, they looked into each other's eyes which were filled with pure love. "First, you're forgiven, and second, bossy? Really?"

"Well..." Magnus said and scratched his head as he bit his lip.

"Really......? Really!" Alec stated and jumped on his husband, as he started tickling all his sensitive spots. The whole room was filled with Magnus's adorable giggles and laughter.

"Alex... Alexander, stop! I'm sorry, stop!" Finally showing some mercy on his cute warlock, Alec stopped and leaned in to steal another morning kiss.

"Morning, love!"

"Hmm... Morning, darling! Can't you take a day off today? It's really nice weather for laying in and cuddling!"

"As much as I love that, I have an important meeting with Jia today. She wants us to check up on the new shadowhunter she's transferring to the New York Institute. With the increasing attacks on New York and Texas, it needs to have more strong shadowhunters there."

Magnus sighed, a little disappointed, but he had his own work to deal with. "On that note, how did Isabelle's and Simon's honeymoon go? She definitely would have burned your ears with her stories!"

Izzy and Simon spent two weeks in Paris and were recently back, both having the brightest glow on their faces. Izzy was still on cloud nine with all the changes that happened in her life.

"Ugh! Don't even ask! Sisters are crazy, especially Izzy. She even told me the things I didn't need to know, and now I can't unhear it!"

Magnus burst into laughter at the expression Alec made at that, and Alec simply smiled hearing his favorite sound in the world.

"Okay, now you mister, pick up your sexy ass, and move it to the shower while I cook breakfast for us!" Alec said and left for the kitchen, while Magnus obliged.

When Magnus reached the kitchen after having a nice hot shower, his nostrils filled with the sweet smell of pancakes. He sat on the wooden chair and watched his husband moving his hips beautifully while he cooked.

Alec blushed when he noticed Magnus eye-fucking him openly and shook his head. He did secretly enjoyed that, so he didn't say anything. When he was done he placed the breakfast on two plates and sat opposite to his husband, placing their plates in front of them.

Magnus eyed the food hungrily and suddenly he was having a weird craving for different kinds of food. So he clicked his fingers and a few other stuff appeared on the table.

Alec almost choked on the pancake he was eating as he eyed his husband skeptically when he saw him pouring a huge amount of banana syrup on his pancake, which had already chocolate syrup over it. "Umm... Mags, you hate banana syrup."

"Well, not today, I'm craving it," Magnus said as if it was nothing.

Alec eyed him suspiciously and went back to eating his breakfast but he almost threw up on the table when he saw Magnus sandwiching a pickle between two bite sizes of pancake and eating it like it was the most delicious food in the world.

"What the fuck, Magnus! Did you just eat..." He trailed off, his mouth hanging open as he looked at his husband who was now licking his fingers which were coated with the syrup and sauce of the pickles. He felt shivers running through his body as he lost his appetite completely.

"Umm... I'll go shower now." He quickly stood up and threw the remaining food in the trash and started washing the dishes so as avoid puking all over the place. His husband had gone insane.

Magnus looked at Alec with confusion. "Alexander, you didn't even eat your breakfast. What happened?"

"I'm full, Magnus. Besides, I'm getting late. I'll hop in the shower, and, there are still a few pancakes left if you want to have more." With that, he left for their bedroom, leaving Magnus in confusion.

When Alec got out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his lower half and wet messy hair, he saw his husband sitting on the edge of their bed with tears pooling in his eyes.

"Mags, love, what's wrong?" He asked worriedly.

"You tell me, why do leave the table all so suddenly and didn't even have your breakfast? Did I do something? Do you not like eating breakfast with me anymore?" Magnus asked in a broken voice like he was about to cry.

"Woah, there! First, Magnus, where is that coming from? And, second..." He cleared his throat and wiped away the teardrop which fell on his beautiful warlock's face. "No offense, love, but, who eats pancakes with pickles? And you hate banana syrup. I just... lost my appetite seeing you eating... that weird combination. What had gotten into you all of a sudden? You're behaving weird for a few days."

Magnus opened and closed his mouth again and again like a fish, unable to form a reply. If he thinks about it, he did eat something weird and actually enjoyed it. His face flushed red with embarrassment when he realized what he said and he looked at Alec. "Honestly, Alexander, I had no idea, I just suddenly craved it." He then ranked his eyes over his husband's naked body and his glamor dropped, revealing his lust-filled cat eyes. "But, I think I'm craving for something else right now!" He ran his fingers over his shadowhunter's firm abs and a shiver ran down through Alec's body.

Alec's jaw dropped and he looked at Magnus in disbelief. His mood just went from almost crying to.... horny? He almost snorted. 'Drama queen!' he thought and slapped Magnus' hand going towards the towel.

"Nope! Not happening. You, Mr. Lightwood Bane, are being weird, and I'm also getting late. So don't even think about it." Magnus pouted, earning a peck over those pouting lips, and the shadowhunter just vanished into his walk-in closet. Magnus sighed and left for his own workroom, pondering over his own weird behavior for few days.

*********************************

*Later that day*

*At the Gard*

Alec was walking towards Jia's office when he bumped into someone familiar making both of them grunt in pain.

"Ow!"

"I'm so sorry, are you... Izzy? What are you doing here?"

"When did you get this strong, big brother?" She rubbed her temple where his shoulder had hit her. "And to answer your question, Jia called me, she said there's a new recruit for the Institute but she wanted me to meet him before he got his transfer. She didn't explain further."

"Oh, yes. We were about to go see his skills before we send him to the NY institute. Jia has been praising him since the time she visited the academy and saw him training. And Jia praising someone means he had to be exceptional."

Izzy's eyes widened at that. "Angels! Are you kidding? Well then, the institute does need some strong shadowhunters, when I was enjoying my time in Paris, Jace called me and told me that we lost a huge amount of shadowhunters in a mission against a greater demon and asked me to come back as soon as possible." She rolled her eyes and Alec shook his head. Jace should really get the title in cockblocking, officially.

"Speaking of which, you know what, big brother, Simon is sooo romantic. When we went to see the Eiffel tower-"

"Ahhhhh, stop, stop, stop! I don't want to hear any of it anymore or I swear on Angel Raziel, I'll do something to your husband you won't like!" He warned, but didn't bother to hide the smile which crept on his face.

"Really Alec!" She looked at him blankly while tilting her head a little.

"You really are a pain sometimes, Iz! Now come on, Jia will be waiting for us."

Alec knocked on the door of the Consul's office who was busy reading some important documents. She looked up when she heard the knock and greeted the siblings as they both walked in.

"Mr. Lightwood Bane, Mrs. Lightwood Lovelace, have a seat." The siblings obliged, and Jia handed a file copy of the new recruit to both. "I know you've already met him once, Alec, but I want you to go through his profile once again. And, Isabelle, I'm sure you'll be happy to see his exceptional skills before having him officially as the new shadowhunter of the NY institute. I've arranged a training session for him here so you both can see his skills. With the loss of so many shadowhunters recently, the New York Institute needs shadowhunters like him. So let's move, shall we?"

Both of them nodded and they were about to get up when they heard a knock on the door. Magnus was standing there looking as hot as always.

"Jia, you called? Something important?"

"Magnus, yes. It's for creating a portal to the New York Institute. I didn't think you'd be here this early."

"My client just canceled her appointment so I thought I'd see what I'm needed here for. I'm sorry, I hope I'm not interrupting."

"Not at all, instead, it'll be great if you'll meet the new shadowhunter too. Let's move, shall we?"

Everyone nodded and they left for the training room of the gard. Alec looked over at Magnus and noticed that he was looking slightly paler than in the morning and he could see through his lies. He intertwined their hands and squeezed it gently and Magnus gave him an 'I'm fine, we'll talk later' look. When they reached the room, all the shadowhunters were already present there. There were five shadowhunters standing in front of a well-built muscular man. The said man was tall, not as tall as Alec but taller than Magnus, maybe around 6' in height, had a light stubble, his brown hairs were slightly messy and he had deep emerald blue eyes. His eight-pack abs were poking out of his sweat-drenched T-shirt and he was hot as hell.

As soon as Jia signaled for the training to begin, the five shadowhunters attacked the said shadowhunter together, but the man was exceptionally fast, he dodged their blow and with the help of his broadswords he was holding in each hand, he attacked them instead, making their swords flying on the floor, he kept dodging and attacking gracefully and by the end of the training session, which was half hour later, all those five shadowhunters were laying on the floor in defeat, blood pouring from their wounds and they were grunting in pain. As for the said shadowhunter, he was standing in the middle of the room without a single scratch on his body.

Jia had a broad smile on her face while Alec, Magnus, and Izzy's mouths were agape with shock and all three of them were checking out the bundle of hotness standing in front of them, that too shamelessly.

The said shadowhunter walked towards the group of people watching him, having a smug smirk on his face which was replaced by a sweet smile when he reached them and shook hands with Jia.

"Consul Penhallow, nice to meet you again."

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Ravenscar. This is Alexander Lightwood Bane, the Inquisitor, you have met him once before, Isabelle Lightwood Lovelace, Head of the New York Institute, and lastly, Magnus Lightwood Bane, High Warlock of Alicante."

"I'm Malachai Ravenscar. You can also call me Kai. Nice to meet you, ma'am." He shook hands with Izzy and kissed the back of her hand and Izzy smiled her brightest smile.

"Nice to meet you too, Kai. I must say, your skills are extraordinary. The New York Institute will be honored to have a strong shadowhunter like you." Izzy managed to speak in a formal tone, yet her eyes betrayed her, which was scanning the hot man holding her hand from head to toe.

Alec and Magnus weren't behind, they both were too checking the man out mercilessly. He was too hot to not have eyes hovering over him. Well, obviously not hotter than Alexander Lightwood Bane, but hot and cute enough to make the heads turn.

Jia, who was observing everything, simply shook her head. She honestly couldn't care less. She might be a Consul but she was a woman first, a straight woman who can have flirtatious nature sometimes and understood what's happening. She cleared her throat to gain everyone's attention.

"Mr. Ravenscar, you'll now be officially transferred to the New York Institute. You can change into your normal gear and will be leaving now with Isabelle Lightwood Lovelace."

"Thank you, Consul Penhallow, I'd be honored to serve for the New York Institute. I'll get my gear and belongings." With that Kai left the room to get his belongings as the three of them kept checking him out.

"That man got some really sexy abs!" Magnus mumbled under his breath, but it was audible enough to reach Alec and Izzy's ears, earning a smirk from Izzy and a kick on his shin from Alec with his legendary eye roll.

"Oww! Alexander! What was that for?"

"You know exactly what was that for!" Alec stated.

"As if you weren't checking him out too!" Magnus rolled his eyes at his husband.

"Guuuys, stop. We were all doing that. He's too hot not to get checked out." Izzy said, earning an eye roll from both men.

"Do I need to tell that to Simon?" Alec said with a smirk earning a deadly glare from his sister.

A clearing of the throat brought back their attention to the present, making the three of their faces deep red with embarrassment. They looked at each other then at Jia who was shaking her head in disbelief.

"I sometimes really can't understand your generation!" It was her motherly voice instead of the Consul's making them little as ease.

Kai came back after ten minutes, with the official transfer/recruitment letter signed by Jia, Alec, and Izzy. Magnus created a portal and Izzy and Kai vanished into it, after saying their goodbyes to everyone.

As soon as the portal closed, Magnus felt a little dizzy and almost fainted but Alec caught him in time and looked at him worriedly.

"Mags! Are you okay? What happened?"

He blinked a few times and steadied himself then looked at his shadowhunter. "I'm fine, Alexander. Guess I'm just worked up a little, nothing to worry about."

"Nothing to worry about! Really? Did you have anything after breakfast? You're looking paler, Magnus. Don't stress yourself out like this!"

Magnus gulped, honestly he had nothing in his system and he knew after what happened in the morning he was definitely gonna get scolded by his husband. "Actually, Alexander, I kind of had thrown up a few times since morning, so..." he looked down sheepishly, unable to meet his husband's eyes.

Alec looked at him in disbelief. How and why was his stupid warlock still working when he was clearly not well? "You're kidding me, right? I'm taking you home right now."

"Alexander, no. I'll eat something, besides you have your work. I can't interrupt in that."

"Magnus!" Alec said authoritatively then looked at Jia who was smiling at the couple with an understanding look in her eyes.

"You can have the rest of the day off, Alec. Take care of Magnus and if there would be anything important, I'll mail it to you." She said and started to leave but before that, she patted Alec's back and whispered, "You're a great man, Alec. I wish I had seen it before. The world is lucky to have a person like you." Then she finally left.

"Alexander, you didn't have to-"

"Shut up you idiot, now come on, we're going back home and you're done working for today." He said authoritatively and dragged his husband back home.

***********************************

*At NY Institute*

A bright portal opened up in the middle of the orb's center, catching everyone's attention as Izzy and a cute tall man stepped out from it. As soon as the portal closed she looked around at the curious eyes and it didn't take her time to go in her leader stance.

"EVERYONE, THIS IS MALACHAI RAVENSCAR, THE NEWLY APPOINTED SHADOWHUNTER FOR THIS INSTITUTE. HE'LL BE THE ASSISTANT WEAPONS HEAD ALONG WITH THE SHADOWHUNTER IN TRAINING, AND WILL TRAIN UNDER JACE HERONDALE BECAUSE OF HIS EXPERTISE IN SWORDS. HE SHOULD BE RESPECTED AND TREATED EQUALLY LIKE THE SHADOWHUNTERS OF THIS INSTITUTE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS, YOU MAY COME DIRECTLY TO ME. DISMISSED!"

As the shadowhunters started scattering around and got back to their work, she looked at her gang, especially Jace, who was cocking his eyebrow at her in disbelief. She smirked and walked Kai towards her group. After seeing Kai's training at the gard, if anyone could beat Jace's ass, it would be him, and her dear brother needed to lower his ego.

As soon as they reached the group, Jace didn't waste any time and burst on her. "Really, Izzy? You could've at least asked me first. By the way, Jace Herondale." He shook hands with the man, who was almost as tall as his Parabatai, a little less but similar.

"Malachai Ravenscar, but you all can call me Kai." He smiled, making Clary and Izzy swoon over him. The boys noticed that and exchanged a knowing look.

"I'm... Simon Lovelace." Simon said, a little jealous of the way Izzy looked at him, and gave her a 'really' look. She bit her lip and batted her eyelashes at him making him sigh. Their silent conversation didn't go unnoticed by others and they suppressed their smile.

"I'm Clarissa-"

"Morgenstern. I'm aware of you, ma'am, you're bravery of killing your own father is a famous tale in the whole shadow world. You're really brave and courageous. The world needs more women like you." He kissed the back of her hand, making her blush.

Clary was flustered by the compliments he had given her, and his cute face and smile weren't doing her any good. "Thank you for the compliments, Kai, but I go by Fairchild, I don't like being called a Morgenstern. But you can call me Clary."

"Oh, my apologies, ma'am, sorry... Clary." He kissed her hand again the way he said her name made her blush a deep shade of red.

Jace looked at her in disbelief and practically growled. "Kai, no offense dude, but if you want to train with me, keep a distance from my fiancée."

Kai looked between the two of them, then looked apologetically at Jace. "Mr. Herondale, I'm really sorry, I didn't know. My bad. Sorry, Miss Fairchild."

"It's okay, Kai. I told you to call me Clary. And, seriously Jace, are you jealous or something?"

Jace looked taken aback at that. "Woah, I don't do jealous, Clary."

Clary raised an eyebrow at him but said nothing.

"Okay guys, can we now actually talk about some serious things," Izzy said, and everyone nodded. "Kai, your room is next to Clary's and Jace's as that is the only room available right now, so you can make yourself comfortable there. And..." She looked at the others who nodded so she continued. "Look, Kai, something's going on here which we haven't reported to the clave yet, so I ask, rather request you to keep your voice low about it. I want you to trust with this."

"Ma'am, you don't need to worry about it, I am a very loyal person and I'm aware how corrupt the Clave can get, no matter who the high officials are. If it's a secret, I'll keep it within me till you ask me to." He said truthfully and Izzy smiled.

"Then here's the thing, Kai, from the past few months we all are witnessing a shadow near our windows, in starting it was just outside Jace and Clary's room, but now it's not just them, I've seen it myself outside my room and so does few other shadowhunters too. So, if you witness something like that outside your room, you'll only report it to me directly and no one else. We don't know what that shadow wants or who it is. We are preparing for the worst and we can't tell the clave until we have some solid proof about it. Am I understood?"

"Understood ma'am. It's my secret to keep too." He smiled at her and she nodded thanks.

"You can rest for some time, then Jace will show you around and make you familiar with your duties. And you can call me Izzy."

Jace looked like a deer caught in a headlight, Izzy smirked and left the room, this was her payback to her brother for disturbing her on her honeymoon.

After Kai moved in into his new room and settled himself completely, he fell on his bed with a sigh and closed his eyes. After some moments of silence, he opened his eyes and looked at the wall connecting to Jace and Clary's room. At first, he softly chuckled, then it became a little loud, then louder and bitter, and soon the whole room was filled with the cruelest laugh anyone could ever hear. He then got up and sat on his bed, having a sly smirk on his face.

Focusing on that wall, he waved his fingers and created a decent-sized hole to spy on that room, then glamoured it so it'll look like a normal wall to anyone, except for him. Through that hole, he saw the couple arguing and laughed bitterly. A pure devilish laugh.

"Shadow... Shadows are dark, shadow's a deadly shark,
It rises from the mud
And seeks for blood.
Don't hide, don't run
Coz it's a part of you
and will see you burn.

So,

What. does. the. shadow. want?" He chuckled bitterly as all the fake sweetness left his mouth.

"He wants blood, he wants darkness, he wants to rule, he wants people like you as his puppets, but no, no-one asked what he needs, he needs you, Clarissa Valentine Morgenstern! He needs you. He needs a Morgenstern!" He laughed and his maniacal laugh echoed in his whole room.

"You stupid Nephilims! Tut tut tut! You don't know what's coming for you!"

A/N
I hope you guys liked the chapter. Let me know through your comments and votes. And it's a request, please keep voting for your favorite chapters. It will help in reaching out to more readers out there.
Thank you ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 180 43
After defeating Lilith and escaping Edom, the TMI gang finally returns to their common lifes in New York, ready to figure out different issues from d...
80.3K 3.4K 51
[COMPLETED] In a rush I was no longer in the cold and rainy street but in someone else's apartment. Confused, I looked around me and saw two men in f...
351 12 1
After a quarrel with his mother, Alec decided to cool down and think about what to do next with his life. Not wanting to burden his siblings and the...
9.1K 431 32
Sequel to 'This Is Me' It's been about 10 years since they all graduated high school...How are their lives...well... Magnus graduated NYU with a majo...