My Best Friend Becomes My Lov...

By My_Flower101

Stella Grayson and Lucas Patterson have been best friends for two years. They hug and call each other cute n... More

Chapter 1: Drunk Lucas Is No Fun
Chapter 2: Shopping WithU
Thank You
Chapter 3: I Dare You
Chapter 4: Eating Food Comes With A Cost
Chapter 5: Hiking With The Pattersons
Chapter 6: Little Jesse
Chapter 7: A Night With You Screams Crazy
Chapter 8:Marshmallows, Video Games and Fake Sleeping
Chapter 9: Jars of Tears
Chapter 10:The Best Memories are Created By Moms & Best Friends
Chapter 11: Lake House
Chapter 12:Barbecues, Burnt Cakes And A Terrible Game of Pictionary
Chapter 13: Get Yourself Together
Chapter 14: Hurtful Words
Chapter 15: I'm Sorry
Chapter 16-What's With The Crappy Behaviour?
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Author's Note

Bonus Chapter 2!!!

157 5 3
By My_Flower101

Hey Guys! Thank you so much for 3k reads. I appreciate this so much. As a thank you, I whipped up this bonus chapter in a day just for you! Enjoy!

"What are you doing?" Lucas appeared over me, gently massaging my shoulders. I narrowed my eyes at the screen in front me, focusing on the words on the laptop. I was currently writing a paper for my business class that was due tomorrow. I was giving my all in this paper and had at least a thousand words more to go.

"Paper. Due. Tomorrow." I responded, my attention fixed solely on the screen as my fingers danced across the keyboard. He patted my head softly with his right hand while rubbing my shoulder with his left hand.

"Take a break." He drawled and I could hear the pout in his voice. I smiled at his childishness. I continued typing away and he squeezed my shoulders, his chin resting in the crook of my neck. I shrugged him away with a smile and I knew he wouldn't stand for it. He hated being ignored just as much as I hated it too. "Stella Grayson, you've been writing this paper forever." He grasped my shoulders, shaking me slowly and I grabbed the laptop from falling. "Come play with Lucas bear."

I snorted and pushed his face away with my palms. I was unable to keep the grin off my face as he pushed his face against my palm in protest. He finally gave in. I grinned in triumph and he folded his hands on his chest. I started typing again and just before I could fully indulge into my work, Lucas' face was closing in on mine. I turned to him and was met with his lips on mine. I squeezed both his cheeks and pushed his face away again. I almost laughed at his puckered lips. "Lucas Patterson, I will drive the ten minutes from here to MIT campus to stay at Rhen's dorm if I have to. I would walk the twenty five minutes if I have to."

"Okay fine." He rolled his eyes playfully. "But is that your bra on the floor over there?" I heaved off the chair, careful not to throw the laptop off me as I scrambled across the floor. He knew how uncomfortable I got when my underwear was laying around. I agreed to stay in this apartment together with Lucas and yes we were in a relationship for three years now but it still got me shy and flustered. He knew that.

So that was why it was a bluff. I rolled my eyes at the completely free area. "Lucas-" I turned to scold him and he immediately and unexpectedly grabbed me. I screamed, a bit caught off guard as he threw me over his shoulder. I felt his hands wrapped around my legs and I playfully thrashed in his hold. "Lucas!" I playfully yelled. He walked in the direction of our room and I continued my protest, laughing as we went. He entered the room and swiftly kicked the door closed behind him.

He threw me on the bed and I sat up immediately to glare at him. He went over at the drawers and I took that as an opportunity to flee towards the door. Halfway there he grabbed me by the waist and I started laughing at my failed attempt. My back rested against him and he lifted me a feet off the ground, placing me on the bed. As soon as I sat he was straddling me. He wasn't sitting but his knees were on either side of me to trap me. I rested my head on his shoulders and pretended to groan.

I lifted my head and something came over my head for a split second before I could see again. I watched intrigued as Lucas took both my hands one by one and passed them through the arm of an oversized sweater. He then tugged it down and I watched with curiosity. What was wrong with my tank top and cotton shorts? He then got up, lifting me up in bridal style. "What are you doing? I need to finish-" He placed a hand on my shoulders to gently push me to sit. I stood to run again when I saw him stooped but he had manage to pull me back to sit. He pointed an index finger at me as though a warning with a big smile on his face. I huffed, folding my hands on my chest as I sat back in the chair.

He gently took my leg and tugged on my sneakers in my feet. I went to protest again but decided against it. He did the same to the next then tied the shoelaces. He then stood and I did so too, sending a longing look to my laptop. He patted my head softly and I glared at him. He held in a laugh, coughing to cover it up. "It'll be quick, I swear." He placed his hands over his heart. I eyed him then looked away.

I wasn't actually mad at Lucas. I was almost finished with the paper and needed a small break anyway. I just wanted to put up an act. "Don't pout." He pinched my cheek and I swatted his hand away. "Aww. Piggy back?" I smiled widely as I jumped onto his back. He caught me quickly before grabbing the apartment keys as we went out the door. "Am I forgiven for stealing you away from your work for a bit?" I knuckled him at the top of his head and he seethed.

"No." He proceeded to ask as he walked down the stairs. "No!" I said loudly while laughing. Whoops. I forgot we weren't the only persons living in this apartment building. I grinned all the way down the stairs, hugging him tightly as we went. Occasionally I tugged on his cheeks or ruffled his hair. I made him uncomfortable the entire time.

************************************

I was surprised when Lucas pulled up at a building. I frowned as I exited the car. It was pretty dark out here too. I quickly made my way to his side, grasping his hand. He smiled at me before moving forward. I followed suit, a bit skeptical. "Why are we here again?" He pushed the door open and I followed despite the dimness in the building.

I could barely see where I was going so I was clinging onto Lucas. He stopped and turned to look at me briefly. "You trust me, right?" I nodded, a little scared. I mean, you couldn't blame me. I was suddenly taken from my home by my boyfriend who drove me out here and proceeded to guide me through the semi dark of a building I had never been in nor seen before. I had a right to feel skittish.

I felt Lucas' hands slipped from mine and then the lights went out completely. I froze in place, my heart pounding. Where did Lucas go? I searched around my surroundings with my hands, the panic slowly rising. "Lucas? Where'd you go?" My voice echoed and that gave me a fright having been caught off guard. "Lucas?"

I froze in place as a soft glow slowly gave light to the darkened room. A pool came into view as balloon like hearts resting in it lit it up. They slowly began to rise and my eyes widened at the beauty I was seeing before me. The red heart balloons were all ascending with such grace that I took a step forward in awe. As they all depart from the water, thousands of red petals float about, adding to the beautiful scene in front me.

A huge smile lit up my face as I stared out at the pool. A soft melody started playing in the background and I looked over at my left to see my mom, Mrs. Patterson and Rhen walking towards me. They all had a red balloon that glowed on the outline of the heart. It illuminated the planes of their faces as they slowly made their way towards me before stopping, then making a horizontal line to face me. I beamed at them, water filling my eyes.

So many emotions were toying with my heart right now. They all bothered around happiness and delight. I looked over to my left and standing in a horizontal line facing me as well, were Mr. Patterson, Daron and Parker with identical lit up heart balloons in their hands. I placed a hand over my heart, unable to contain my joy.

"Stella, would you-" I returned my gave to the front of me just in time to see Lucas go down on one knee. My heart literally skipped a beat. Wait. Was this... "Marry me?" For a moment, my brain completely shut down and I was staring at him with wide eyes. I wasn't processing what was going on. There were hearts and flower petals and Lucas on one knee. There was a beautiful ring glimmering from a box in his hands as he smiled up at me.

I pressed a hand to my mouth in realisation. This wasn't a joke or a dream. This was my reality. Something I never thought would have happened soon. We were both twenty one and I thought that it would be years before that could happen. My eyes found the lit up 'Marry me?" in the swimming pool and my heart skipped a beat yet again.

"Stella Grayson, I love you with all my heart. There's no one that can ever replace you. There's no one that I would trade you for." His eyes were piercing into mine, a circle of emotions dancing in them. "No one can smile like you do. No one can love me or care for me the way you do. No one can bring me such joy like you do." Water pooled in my eyes as I listened to him.

"You're irreplaceable. I feel safe and happy at the thought of spending the rest of my life with you. So I want to take this next step with you and truly make you mine. Would you marry me?" I nodded quickly, a huge grin forming on my face.

"Yes." He placed the ring on my finger before standing to wrap me in a big hug. He spun me around and cheers and laughter erupted as the people I loved the most basked in the moment along with us. He placed me on my feet before capturing my lips. I kissed him back, hugging him tightly.

The others came closer to pass me hugs as they all congratulated me. My mom and Mrs. Patterson were in tears. Lucas embraced me again and I relaxed into his arms. I stared up at the ceiling and smiled at the lit up hearts that rested against the roof.

I couldn't express the feeling I had now. It was mixed with happiness, love, shock and other emotions that were too complicated to express. I couldn't see myself with anyone except Lucas. He would become apart of me. A part of my every being. He was simply irreplaceable.

************************************

"Your parents just left." I told Lucas as he exited the doorway. I had been watching them from our balcony for the past thirty minutes. Mr. Patterson was trying his best to persuade them to leave but they were adamant on sticking around for the night.

"Finally." He breathed out a sigh and I turned around to look at him. "Finally I can get my fiance all to myself." He pulled me into him and I smiled, looking up at him. His lips met mine and I gave him access to roam the insides of my mouth. His hands slid down my side then gently squeezed my bottom. I laughed into the kiss as I shook my head at his antics.

The kiss became serious again and my hands itself roamed a little. His hand tangled in my hair, then travelled a little further. Lucas then lifted me and my legs quickly wrapped around his waist. I dared not break the kiss. He made his way inside, sliding the glass door to the balcony close as he went.

My back hit a wall and I tried pulling him closer. I wasn't getting enough of him. His scent was intoxicating. I wanted more of him. He pressed himself against me and I fought back a small moan. Lucas then carried me to the bed and I pulled the sweater over my head. I lay back onto the bed and Lucas was hovering over me in no time. He kissed all the way down my neck, his teeth grazing the skin just a little.

I tugged on his shirt and he pulled it over his head in one swift movement. No matter how long we kissed for, it felt as though it wasn't enough. Every part of my being were enlightened with pleasure. A pleasure that consumed me. My hold on his shoulders tightened as he continued his kisses down my stomach. I pulled him back up to my lips again, my hands travelling down his stomach. I wrapped my legs around his mid-section, completely lost in his touch.

I wasn't counting but it seemed as though we were exploring each other for over an hour. An hour that still lingered on the surface of my mind. I slowly got off the bed, careful not to wake Lucas. I tugged on the oversized t-shirt I borrowed from him before tiptoeing out of the room. I made my way over to the couch, grabbed my laptop and sat. Okay. I need to finish this paper before dawn. As I placed my hands on the keyboard, my diamond ring came into view. It was the first time I really looked at it since Lucas placed it on my finger. It was truly beautiful. It also looked expensive. I facepalmed. I told Lucas a few years ago to not buy an expensive ring in the future.

A smile lit up my face at the meaning behind all of this. Soon I would be married to my best friend. Soon we would be legally bound to each other. I could call him my husband and me, his wife.

I tried to shake away these distracting thoughts. Focus, Stella. Finish this essay. I took a deep breath before diving into it. Two minutes later, Lucas emerged with two coffee mugs in his hands. He was wearing only a pyjama bottom and boy did that distract me even more. "Here." I took the mug from his hands and brought it to my lips. "I'm going to stay up until you finish." He sat beside me, mounting his foot at the top of the coffee table. I held in a laugh at the pink little bunny on his bed slippers. I was the one who bought it for him. He protested against it for two days before giving in.

"Don't distract me." I warned him, narrowing my eyes at him.

"I promise I won't. I'll be your proof reader." He put up his pinkie finger and I locked pinkie's with him. Before starting, I gave him a quick kiss on the lips with a loud mwah. He smiled and I began typing away.

Lucas stayed true to his words. He never once distracted me. I was able to turn into bed around four.

***********************************

"Wake up, Stels." Someone shook me but I pushed their hands away, grumbling something incoherent into the sheets. "Stels, come on. You have to drop off the essay in exactly an hour." I grumbled again while throwing the sheets over me. The sheet was tugged away from me then a hand brought me to a sitting position. Lucas guided both my hands around his neck then my legs to wrap around his waist. He stood and my hold on him tightened as he carried me away.

"Where are we going? I just need an hour more of sleep." I mumbled, sleepily.

"We're going to shower, babe. You can't have an hour more." He adjusted me in his arms and walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

I sat at the top of the kitchen island, making sure my papers were all in order to be handed in. Lucas was moving around the kitchen doing something. I didn't know exactly what since all of my attention was directed to these papers. "Did you sleep?" I asked him while sorting through the papers thoroughly.

"For like an hour." He answered then sidled up next to me. "Open. Aaaah." He instructed and I slightly turned my head to him, opening my mouth wide. He shoved a folk with a cubed piece of watermelon my way and I took it. My eyes found the papers again.

"I need like two minutes and we can get going, okay?" I told him and he nodded. He started helping me put on my shoes and I grinned at him. "I can put on my own shoes."

"It saves time. Just like we save water." He winked and I blushed. Lucas stood, kissed me on the lips then helped me off the counter. "Let's go." I took my essay from the table and grabbed my side bag on the way out.

The university wasn't far from our apartment. It was a five minute drive to get there actually. By the time I was walking through the halls of the University, I had only two minutes. I was speed walking towards the lecture room with Lucas right behind me. I sped into the lecture room, heading towards Mr. Hardwich's desk.

"Stella, you're just in time." He sent a warm smile my way and I placed the essay on his desk. I returned his smile and his eyes dropped to my left hand, his smile widening. "Congratulations!"

"What?" I asked without thinking then drew my hand back from the table. "Right. That." I nodded, now catching on. I forgot about that. I wasn't thrilled about flashing my ring to the entire school. It would draw unnecessary attention. "Thank you."

"Am I invited to the big wedding?" I laughed awkwardly while scratching my arm.

"Will I get a grade A on this essay if I do?" I gritted out under my breath and he beamed brighter, a bit confused.

"What did you say?"

"Have a great day." I replied and he nodded, sending me off. I made my way over to Lucas who was standing near the doorway waiting for me. He gave me a high five and I side hugged him as we walked down the hall. "I think I'm going to not wear my ring to school. Way too much attention."

Lucas gasped playfully with a hand covering his mouth. "Are you ashamed of me, Stella Grayson?! Do you not want to show me off? Am I ugly?" He acted as though appalled but I never missed the joke in his voice.

"You have the head of a gummy bear." I laughed and he pulled me into him to tickle me. My laughter echoed throughout the hallway and I tried quieting down. "I'm sorry. I'm joking. Seize attack." He clasped his hands in mine and we returned to walking down the quiet halls. "Wait. Aren't you in my Entrepreneurship class? Shouldn't you turn in an essay today too?" I never saw Lucas writing an essay once during the three weeks we had to finish it.

"I had my dad pay Mr. Hardwich off." I stopped in my tracks, hitting him on the shoulders. "Joking. I wrote it that time you went to spend a night at Rhen's." He explained and I frowned.

"But that was the same day we got it. You're such a goody two shoes!" I teased and he ruffled my hair.

"No. I'm a good student. One who prevents pulling all nighters the day before the essay is due." My mouth dropped open as if hurt. I smacked him on the arm multiple times and he tried blocking it as he laughed.

"Are you throwing shades Lucas? Are you?" He pulled me to him again and I pouted. "Thank you for staying up with me and proof-reading my work." I wrapped an arm around his waist.

"Am I getting a reward?" He puckered his lips and I scrunched my nose.

"Isn't marrying you enough?" He hugged me and I smiled.

"With you, anything is enough." He kissed the top of my head and I hugged him tighter. After hugging for about a minute, we made our way outside. Our hands clasped each other as we crossed the lawn. When nearing the road a black van stopped in front us.

"Isn't that your mom?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. Why was she here? The glass slowly rolled down and Mrs. Patterson popped her head out.

"Stella! Oh my gosh you look great!" She complimented and I waved her, awkwardly. She pulled a camera out of nowhere and snapped a picture of Lucas and I. She grinned bashfully as she awed at the picture. "I'm collecting wedding photos." She blushed and I looked at Lucas for help.

"I thought you guys had to catch a plane early this morning." I reminded her and she waved me off. They were supposed to catch a 7am flight today. I was waiting on their text message for reaching home safe. I definitely did not expect to see her here.

"Honey. And miss out on dress shopping? No way!" Lucas laughed and I glared at him. He immediately stopped.

"It's a bit too early for dress shopping, don't you think? We aren't planning on having a wedding anytime soon." I said and she waved me off yet again.

Someone placed a hand on my shoulder from the back and I jolted at least two feet off the ground. "Honey, we're going dress shopping." Mom basically appeared from nowhere. She gently shoved me towards the car and I reached a hand towards Lucas for help.

"I'm sorry, Stels but I can never win with them." He shrugged with a smirk on his face. I pouted and he acted as though answering his phone. "Sorry, Stels. It's Daron. Gotta go." He walked off and my outstretched hand slowly dropped to my sides as my last bit of hope faded.

I sat in the car with a hand folded over my chest as Mrs. Patterson pulled off onto the road. "I have a class now. You guys know how important school is." I tried convincing them and mom turned in her seat to look at me.

"Lucas told us you didn't have any class until 12am which gives us three hours of dress shopping." I slouched in my seat as I cursed off Lucas in my head.

Great.

How do you guys feel after getting a little of Lucella's ongoing relationship?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 117 30
"I can't believe it's still happening." I smiled. He furrowed his eyebrows. "What's still happening?" "I'm still falling for you and I don't think I'...
71 9 54
Sophia and Collin don't know anything about relationships. So, how will this end? Are they friends or something... more? Book 1 of 3 Achievements: #2...
The Boy Next Door By Zoe 🦒

Mystery / Thriller

158K 5.1K 49
His faint laugh stopped me in my tracks, my body turning sightly to look at him again. "That was cute. Really, I loved it, but you know I can't just...
351K 8K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...