Loving You From a Distance |...

By talentedxasher

You loved Asher Angel as your best friend ever since you were little, but when he left to pursue his career... More

A/N
One: Missed You
Two: Hurt
Three: Better Now
Four: Only You
Five: Happy
Six: Confused Pt. 1
Seven: Confused Pt. 2
Eight: Promise?
Nine: #1 Fan
Ten: Envy
Eleven: "Action!"
Twelve: Chemistry
Thirteen: New Job
Fifteen: Him
Sixteen: Her

Fourteen: Last Goodbyes

240 7 10
By talentedxasher

You got up early the next morning with your father to see Asher at the airport one last time. Everything with your father seemed awkward since your mom told you that you were moving.

"So, how's finding a house going?" You ask, trying to break the silence in the car.

"I think it's going pretty great actually, we have three options, and we're fine with settling with any of the three. We're going to fly out there and check them out next week."

Wow, that was fast.

"Oh wow, just you and mom?"

"No of course all three of us, what really matters is if you like it. Me and your mom like them all pretty equally, so you're basically the tie breaker." He shrugs. Your eyebrows raise, so basically you got to choose where you lived next.

"Wow, I didn't realize we were leaving so soon though, will it really be possible to do all this within a month?"

"We're trying it, we need to sell our house here too. That's why most of our stuff is already in boxes."

"Oh, this is really fast. I think so at least." You shrug and look out the window.

Your phone starts going off, it was Asher. You answer it.

"Hey ash."

"Hi y/n! We're here. Call me again when you get here?"

"Yeah, we're actually almost there, a few minutes away. I'll call you when we're on our way in."

"Okay! Love you."

"Love you too, bye."

"Bye."

You hang up and see your dad giving you a look.

"Was that Asher?" He asks, you nod.

He shakes his head and chuckles.

You didn't know why he did, but you were finally pulling into the airport. Then you called Asher while you and your father parked.

You saw Asher before he seen you. He was faced the opposite direction with his phone to his ear, so you sped up behind him and hugged him.

"Hey stop tha- oh y/n it's you!" He chuckles, turning around and hugging you. "I thought you were Avi, or London."

"Nope, just me." You smile. "When do you have to go through security?"

"About half an hour." He says, letting go of you.

London and Avi both give you a hug.

"Me and Avi will be back, we'll only be there until next week and then we'll come back with our mom." London says. "So you can still hang out with us too."

"Yeah, that'll be fun." You smile, Asher frowns.

"Hanging out without me? Okay." He rolls his eyes playfully. You all laugh.

"Well it's about time we're able to hang out with y/n again without you hogging her." Avi retorts jokingly.

"No one told me I had to share." Asher grabs you and pulls you into another hug. You laugh.

"Avi and me claim her when you're gone!" London yells.

"Well she's mine right now since I'm here."

"Let's share me!!" You yell, letting go of Asher and laughing.

"One of the worst ideas you could've ever thought of." Asher says sarcastically, laughing with you.

Asher's POV:

Y/n and her dad came to the airport to say one more goodbye. I knew that having an acting career would mean having to have the sad airport goodbyes more often, but it didn't help with the fact that my best friend was moving too.

Yes, I can still see her. But home won't feel like home without being able to see her as much. What if she meets someone new in LA?

We were having a good time at the airport, y/n, London, Avi, and I. My mom and dad were just talking with y/n's dad while getting airplane snacks.

y/n grabs my hand, and pulls on it. I squeeze her hand and she smiles.

"Let's go sit over there." She points.

"Okay." I shrug, letting her hold my hand and lead the way, while Avi and London trail behind us.

Honestly I can't imagine what it'll be like being at home, without her home. All I do at home is hang out with her or stay at home doing something else. Every once in awhile I'll do something with another friend. But no one else lives in the same state as me, so it's usually just y/n that I hang out with.

I knew I'd be able to see her before she moved, but then that'd be it. Then we can't just see each other every day when I'm in Arizona. It kinda sucked.

"What's on your mind?" She asks, I realize I've just been sitting here. "You're quiet ash." She giggles.

"Just you." I shrug. "I can't believe you're moving."

I wish she could've moved somewhere else in Arizona rather than a whole different state. She said this was her first time moving out of the state, out of all the times it had to be now?

She sighs. "I know, but I promise you'll be the first person that visits, okay?" She holds out her pinky for a pinky promise.

She was such a sweetheart. y/n was always about pinky promises when we were younger. She made me pinky promise just about anything.

She gives me her pinky promise, then I see our parents and her dad approach us. That probably meant we'd be leaving soon.

Her dad gives me an intimidating look as he walks toward us, sometimes her dad scares me. He seems to like me, but I also feel like he was just doing the "overprotective of his daughter" type of thing. Which I understood, but I've been friends with her for years. So I thought it was kinda unnecessary in a way.

"Hey guys, we gotta go in 15 minutes, take bathroom breaks now so you don't have to on the plane." My dad tells us. I nod, I didn't need to use it so I just stayed with y/n while Avi and London went.

It was about ten minutes after when everyone was done, which left us with five minutes. In five minutes I'd have to walk away from y/n and get ready to go on a plane. The less time we had, the more I felt the aching feeling in my chest.

I really hated to leave her. Even if it wasn't forever.

I decided I wanted to give her my sweatshirt before we had to go. I could tell the time was making her more upset too, so I wanted to try and cheer her up.

I was wearing my black nike sweatshirt, but I don't think she cared which one it was. I take it off and throw it at her face.

"Hey!" She laughs.

"Love you." I chuckle, she tries to give it back to me but I shake my head. "You can wear it."

I watch as her face brightens up. "Really? Are you sure you won't get cold on the plane?"

I shake my head. "I'll be fine. Keep it."

She smiles at me and puts it on, then she hugs me. I loved seeing her in my sweatshirts. It always was a little big on her, and I could tell her mood always went up when she had one of them on.

I grab my phone and give it to my mom. "One more picture with you." I tell y/n. She nods and we take the picture.

"Send it to me." y/n says. "Can I post it?"

"I'm posting it right now. So go ahead." I respond and chuckle.

I caption it "ur my favorite" and tag her. I see her post go up after mine, hers was captioned "i don't want u to go 🥺💙💙" I honestly thought it was the cutest thing.

Eventually it was time to start leaving, and I hated that it was.

"Bye bye." London goes up and hugs y/n, then Avi, then my mom and dad.

Of course I was gonna be the last person to say goodbye to her, because I didn't want to. I pull her into my arms, holding her tight.

She whispers, "I love you ash."

"I love you y/n." I whisper back. I didn't want to let her go. "I'll see you soon, okay?" I tell her.

I let her go and look into her eyes, hers were starting to water. She nods and closes her eyes, letting her tears fall down her face. I quickly wipe her tears off with my thumbs.

"Don't cry or you'll make me cry." I say with a chuckle, also trying to brighten her mood.

"I'll try not to." She smiles and sighs as she pulls me into one more hug. "Call me when you can okay?" She sniffles.

I nod. "I will, don't worry."

"Okay ash. I'll see you later." She gives me a tight squeeze before letting go.

"Yeah, see you later." I smile at her, we all wave and say goodbye one more time before walking away.

I glance back at her one more time, she smiles at me, I smile back. Then I turn away from her for the last time to get ready to board the plane.

-
-
-
-
-
word count: 1534
-
-
-
a/n: i'm so sad about asher and annie:(they were so good together 🥺 but ofc we as fans don't know everything that happened so pls if u see this respect and give all ur support to both of them!! it's sad to know that even with love like theirs it doesn't always work out in the end :( anyways enough with being sad bc of that hope u enjoyed this chapter if u like it pls vote and comment! thank u 🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 797 56
the real struggles of Hayley and Annie's life. If you use my ideas please give credit No hate Feel free to leave ideas in the comments
37.3K 721 28
*In Which A Girl Gets Left By The Boy She Loves* Annie has been in a group home since she was five. Nobody ever speaks to her and she has no friends...
11.1K 189 22
Annie and Hayden have been friends since they were little kids and they would have never thought to have feelings for each other what happens when th...
Hannie By Jade

Fanfiction

65.8K 647 21
I ship hannie all the way anyways its about Hayden and Annie Hayden and Annie where just kids when they fell in love Hayden and Annie are seeing e...