outer banks imagines

Od desolatedwaves

just a collection of imagines about the outer banks boys. requests are open Viac

truth ☼ jj
a little comfort ☼ jj
princess pt. 2 ☼ jj
too high? ☼ jj
morning after ☼ jj
sunshine ☼ jj

princess ☼ jj

11.8K 213 71
Od desolatedwaves

summary: JJ protects you at a party after Rafe hurts you

word count: 2786

JJ Maybank was one of the toughest, most protective people in all of the cut. It was known that he would do absolutely anything for anyone he loved or cared for which was mainly the Pogues. You had always been jealous of their tight knit relationship. None of the Kooks cared for one another the way they cared for each other. Technically, you were a Kook, but you never really had a connection with any of them. They all were so basic, nothing deeper than a rich surface. Their personality traits consisted of doing cocaine, treating anyone different then them as absolute trash, and being assholes. You had one friend that wasn't like them and she was from the cut. By spending time in the cut, you heard a lot about the Pogues. Even on the Kook side, you heard a lot, but the things they had to say were absolutely horrible. There had always been tension between the two groups, but recently, this tension had grown into something more serious. That's why when a kegger was spoke about, you debated going. After some very good convincing, you friend Liz finally made you agree to going. Part of you felt like it wasn't truly a good idea, but you let that worry go as you got ready. Liz and you walked from her house to the area that had been told to meet for the party.

When you both arrived, there was a couple dozen people. Kindly, she waved over to the pogues. Every time you were around them, you became nervous, scared they would judge you for technically being a Kook. Truly, you were on the Pogues side, but they couldn't know that. As you walked over to the keg, JJ stood pouring a drink.

"Hey, do you want one?" he asked, handing over the drink he just poured as you nodded.

"Thank you," you smiled, warmly, trying to seem nice.

"You're welcome, y/n," he grinned, beginning to fill his own cup.

Shocked he knew your name, you replied, "You know my name?" He let out a slight chuckle, rubbing the back of his neck while his eyes trailed away from you.

"I mean, yeah. You're one of the few Kooks that actually isn't a piece of shit," he responded, nonchalantly. 

"Well, I'd like to think I'm a little better than not a piece of shit," you laughed out, watching as he came to stand up. This made JJ laugh as well.

"Do you know who I am?" he asked, biting on his lower lip.

Without hesitation, you answered, "JJ Maybank from the Pogues." JJ's lips turned into a huge smile.

"Glad to know I'm not creepy for knowing your name," he chuckled, taking a sip of his drink, watching you closely.

"Oh no, you're still creepy," you joked, taking a sip of your own.

"How am I creepy?" he asked.

"Because you knew I actually wasn't a piece of shit," you teased, giggling. "Just to let you know, I'm actually very fun and very nice." At your words, JJ let out a slight laugh, nodding at you slowly.

"Well what is a very fun and very nice girl doing out here?" he asked, leaning against one of the huge tree branches

"Honestly, trying to do anything that does not involve the Kooks," you shrugged, leaning against the same branch. Before he could respond, you continued, "Do you ever just want more than the surface of people? Like you want to know them know them?" Your words caught JJ off guard.

"Some people aren't that deep," JJ shrugged, looking down at you.

"C'mon... Everyone has at least a little piece of them that they don't show. I want to know someone that good," you said, gazing out as more people joined the group. "Like that crazy connection you get with someone."

JJ laughed lightly, "You are the most un-princessy princess."

"Did you just call me a princess?" you asked, looking over to him.

"I mean, you basically are a princess. You're like the biggest goody goody," he shrugged, amused at your offended face.

"Okay, just because I am decently smart doesn't mean I'm a goody goody," you laughed, knowing that you were in fact no angel.

"Oh yeah?" JJ teased, raising his eyebrows.

"I'm not a virgin," you shrugged, gulping down some more of your beer. The second the words came out of your mouth, JJ let out the loudest laugh.

"Bullshit," he said, with no hesitation.

"Just because I seem like the perfect Kook daughter doesn't mean I am. Like I said, you only know me from the surface," you explained, making JJ's face change.

"You know, you might be the most interesting person I have talked to in awhile," he admitted, watching you intensely as you continued drinking your beer.

"I'm not very interesting, I just shocked you because I'm not your stereotypical Kook and because I'm not super outgoing and a crazy party girl, you assume I'm some innocent baby," again, you let it all out in a simple manner.

"You are in fact very interesting, princess," he corrected.

"Not a princess," you let out in gentle tone.

"Well, that's what I'm calling you," JJ laughed, watching you roll your eyes.

"Surface looking," you said, standing back up and beginning to walk away. More people had joined the party. After walking away, you looked over your shoulder to see JJ with the biggest smirk on his lips as he watched you walk away. When your eyes met, you gave him a smile back before continuing to walk away. Some time had passed and you had no idea how many times you had refilled your cup. Liz was off flirting with some cute tourist boys, clearly capturing their undivided attention. In this time, you had also met Kiara, John B and Pope who had all been thoroughly impressed with how cool you were. Kiara immediately said you and Liz needed to come hang around them soon, which you happily and excitedly agreed to. The party had somehow gotten even bigger, making you start to want some space. You walked down the beach a little, sitting down on the cooler sand. With some distance from the loud teenagers, you could actually hear the soothing sounds of the waves as you looked out over the water. You set your beer down next to you and watched the water move in the moonlight.

"What are you doing over here, princess?" a voice asked. As you looked over, you saw JJ sitting down next to you with a smile.

Shaking your head, you replied, "I wanted to get some space from all that." A small silence fell over the both of you before JJ broke it:

"So, tell me something about you not from the surface." At this, you turned to look at JJ. His face was covered with a huge smile as he looked at your intoxicated state.

"I fucking love animals. I seriously could watch videos of animals all day and will probably cry because of how cute they are," you answered, making JJ look at you with a shocked expression.

"You definitely just played into your princess role," he responded, making you both laugh.

"Shut up," you exclaimed, shouldering his body gently. "What about you? What's something deeper about you?"

"I really fucking like music," JJ said. "Like I feel like listening to music makes everything better. It like puts a whole new mood on every moment when you listen to certain music. Some songs make me cry like a little bitch."

"Sometimes I listen to certain songs and just close my eyes and feel like I'm in a whole other world," you said, looking at him.

"Me too," he smiled, biting down on his lip. His gaze stayed on you longer than you knew how to react to.

"Well, we should probably head back.. The girls are probably missing your drinking games," you smiled, pushing yourself up to stand. Your body wobbled slightly when you stood. JJ laughed as he saw that before pushing himself up. When you both walked back, you saw that more Kooks had arrived. Groaning, you finished off the rest of your drink.

"Do you want me to get you another one?" JJ asked.

"Not sure if I should have another, but yeah I'll take one," you said, giving him a big smile. Liz rushed over to you.

"You and JJ?" she practically squealed.

"No, not like that. We've just been talking," you corrected, turning to watch him. "I mean he is fucking hot, but I'm not going to hookup with him and he's not showing that kind of interest," you shrugged, turning back to her.

"Listen, you have crushed on that boy for years. Don't be a pussy if he makes a move," Liz said, bluntly, making you open your mouth in shock.

"Wow way to throw me under the bus for being a pussy," you exclaimed, making both of you laugh. 

"Just don't pussy out, okay. Love you!" she exclaimed, rushing away as JJ walked back over to you.

"What was that about?" JJ asked, looking at you amused.

"Just making sure I'm not too drunk," you blushed, hoping he didn't hear her.

"Are you too drunk?" he asked, holding onto your refilled drink.

"Nope," you smiled, reaching for the drink.

"Prove it," he smirked, pulling it away from you. 

"How am I supposed to prove that?" you giggled out, coming closer to him, trying to get your drink, stumbling slightly. Within seconds, JJ's arm wrapped around your waist, stopping you from stumbling. At the contact, your heart rate increased like crazy.

"Maybe not stumbling around for a drink?" he teased, with a smirk. All you could do was let out a giggle, as you leaned on his chest slightly.

"A princess never stumbles," you stated, looking up at him.

"A drunk princess might," he laughed, smiling down at you.

"What do we have here?" a familiar voice perked up. Rafe. Your body stiffened at his words. For some god awful reason, Rafe had been chasing after you for months, even after you rejected him over and over again. At this point, his tactics made you beyond uncomfortable. 

"Rafe," you groaned, turning to look at him. "Please don't start," you whined. 

"Start what? Defending you from trash?" Rafe said, coming uncomfortably close to you.

"Says the guy who's addicted to coke," you shot back, glaring at him. Rafe's jaw tightened at your words.

"y/n, don't be a bitch. You know that pogue is a piece of shit," Rafe yelled, capturing the whole crowd's attention as he leaned his face close to yours, making you stumble back.

"Dude, don't call her a bitch and back the fuck up off her," JJ yelled, shoving his body in front of yours. You peered around him to see Rafe with an angrier expression. 

"Look, I'm gunna take my girl back home, and you're going to leave her the fuck alone or I'll fuck you up like I did last time," Rafe threatened, eyes bulging.

"Doesn't seem like she wants to go home with you, fuck head," JJ said, getting closer to him. Not wanting to start a fight, you stood next to JJ.

"Rafe, please, just stop," you pleaded, looking up at him with fear in your eyes. "I'm not interested." At your rejection, he let out a growl.

"So you're going to put out for some dead beat Pogue?" he laughed cynically. "Fucking whore," he spat out, nearing your face. His hand came to grip your arm, beginning to tug you, making you let out a cry in pain. "I'm taking you the fuck home." Before you could let out a word, JJ began seething: 

"Let her fucking go." As Rafe was about to argue back, JJ's fist came flying towards Rafe's face, making you gasp. At the impact, Rafe let go of his tight grip on your arm. With JJ's first punch coming as a shock, he was able to move forward and throw another punch at his jaw. It was like your feet were stuck in the ground. You couldn't move. No words could leave your mouth either. JJ turned around to look at you, giving Rafe a chance to throw a punch back. By now the whole crowd was chanting at them, making your begin to hyperventilate. You could see John B running over to see what was going on.

"What happened?" he asked, looking over you, seeing a small bruise forming on your arm.

"I-" you began, but stopped when you saw Rafe on top of JJ, throwing punch after punch. "JJ!" you screamed, running over and pulling on Rafe's hair to try and get him to stop. "Stop!" you cried out, feeling some tears roll down your cheeks. Without processing, Rafe elbowed you roughly in the stomach, making you fall back, whimpering in pain.

"It's not cool to hurt a fucking girl," JJ screamed, throwing another punch at Rafe's face. This knocked him back and JJ climbed on top. He was in a frenzy. His fists were flying so fast, and Rafe had blood spewing out of his nose and mouth. John B rushed over to you.

"Are you hurt?" he asked, scanning all over you. All you could do was watch in horror as JJ continued his assault on Rafe. John B saw and ran over to pull him off.  "JJ, he's down. Let it go," John B grunted out, trying to hold him back and pull him away. Rafe turned over, coughing. All you could do was sit there, in shock. Topper and Kelce pulled Rafe up, beginning to carry him away. Once he was gone, everyone went back to drinking. 

"y/n," JJ mumbled, sitting down, to look at you. His lip was bleeding, dripping down his chin. "Are you okay?" His voice was so soft as he looked all over your body, eyes staring at the little bruise on your arm. Without answering, you let your shaky hand come up and try to get the blood off his chin. 

"You're hurt," you murmured, eyes pooling with tears. 

"Is your stomach okay?" he asked, ignoring your words. He watched as your hands continued shaking and he grabbed them gently in his own. "y/n, look at me." At his words, you looked up at him, letting the tears roll down your cheeks. "Does anything hurt?" he asked.

"I don't know," you stuttered out, gulping nervously. Gently, JJ sat next to you and pulled your body into his lap, hugging you gently.

"We're going to get you home," JJ stated. The warmth of his body made your stiff body relax in his embrace. 

"No, Rafe knows where I live. He's been psychotic lately. I can't," you let out, crying more.

"Okay, okay, I won't take you home," he said, making you look up at him by guiding your chin with his hand. "Does anything hurt?" he asked again. You shook your head no in response.

"Does your lip hurt?" you asked, guiltily. He shook his head no. 

"I've had worse done," he chuckled out, rubbing your cheek gently. "But we need to get you out of here." Sighing, you slid off of him, letting him push himself up. Uneasily, you pushed yourself up, standing in front of JJ as he looked down at you with worry. "How long has this been going on, y/n?" he asked, looking at you with pure concern.

Shrugging, you replied, "A couple months... He just won't leave me alone." 

"He's never going to touch you again," JJ stated, making you bite your lip, nervously. "I promise."

"Thank you," you murmured, "for protecting me." Gently, you used his arm for stability and pushed yourself up to press a kiss to his cheek.

Before he could say anything else, Liz ran over. "What the fuck happened?" she screamed, looking at you all over. You couldn't even find words. 

"Rafe and then JJ helped me," you mumbled.

"Please get her out of here safely," JJ said, making Liz nod. She wrapped her arm around your shoulder and started leading you away. Stopping after a couple feet, you turned to see JJ staring at you. Maybe it was the fact that no guy had ever helped you with Rafe or ever protected you before, but you rushed back over to him and let your body's collide as you wrapped your arms around his waist in a hug. After a moment, JJ's arms wrapped around you. You could hear his heart racing as you laid your head against his chest.

"Thank you," you whispered, holding him tightly. When you pulled away, JJ gave you a small smile.

"Please get to Liz's safe," he sighed, eyes trailing down to the bruise on your arm.

"You get home safe too, JJ," you half smiled, rubbing his arm softly. As you pulled your hand away, JJ leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to your cheek.

"I'll see you later, y/n," he mumbled, watching as you rushed back to Liz.

"What the fuck happened?" Liz asked, as you stared off not even sure how to respond.

a/n: I may do a part two ?????? idk if you guys want a part two i will!

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

109K 865 19
A collection of short y/n stories based on Outer Banks, in which the reader gets to read a romantic/cute scene between them and the character of thei...
399K 2.9K 14
these are all mine, i wrote all of them on tumblr and decided to bring them here. hope you enjoy
803K 5.3K 24
just everyone's favourite obx boys in a series of different scenarios. enjoy! characters : jj maybank, john b routledge, pope heyward, rafe cameron...
26.1K 119 17
just some imagines abt ur fav psychopath