HWARANG Rewritten✅

By reachingforthestars9

Park Young-shil's daughter, Sa-do has lived a hidden life. No one knows of her existence. But everything has... More

Character List
1. Intelligentsia of Silla's future
2. Appointment ceremony
3. Seonmoon's black room
4. Rules and chores
5. Reading lessons
6. Pass
7. First friend
9. Caught
10. Sparring
11. Park Young-shil's daughter
12. Secret is safe
13. Dance rehearsal
14. A brother?
15. Hangawi festival
16. Saving Ah-ro
17. Library
18. Dan-se
19. Nightmares
20. Hunting
21. Hwa Joong Jae Wang
22. Failed scare attempt
23. Fight to death
24. Delegation for peace
25. A collection of moments
26. Departure
27. Fifteen minutes
28. I am the King
29. Meetings with Prince Chang
30. Battle tactics
31. Fighting the Prince
32. Back to Seonmoon
33. Strangers
34. King as a subject
35. Open admissions
36. Confession
37. Assassins in Seonmoon
38. I need your help
39. Late-night water fights
40. The heist
41. A Sacred Bone
42. Suk Han-seong
43. Identity revealed
44. Confrontation
45. Hwarang guards
46. Having faith
47. Strongest support team
48. Friends
49. Royal coronation
50. Smooth transition of power
51. First mission
52. Trouble at the border
53. Rescued
Epilogue
Character List (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3

8. Sneaking out

2.5K 126 9
By reachingforthestars9

Chapter 8.
Sneaking out.

Han-seong joined the six of them at dinner. And when Yeo-wool asked him if he was going to stay, the younger Hwarang insisted that he preferred it there with them adding something about seven being a lucky number.

"Since you already got a fail," Ban-ryu said, patronizing Seon-woo, "it doesn't seem like you will be able to stay here for long."

Yeo-wool frowned. "Are you that happy that you passed? I think Gae-Sae had the best answer."

Ban-ryu turned to glare at Yeo-wool. "What?" he gritted out, half incredulous and half annoyed.

"Everyone else thinks that way, no?" Han-seong gave a nod to answer Yeo-wool's question and the others' silence further proved his point.

"Ignore him. He is just trying to pick a fight because he's bored."

"Hey Jae-won! Do you have a death wish?"

Sa-do didn't even flinch, used to Ban-ryu's empty threats as she ate another spoonful of rice. Ji-dwi leaned forward slightly, surreptitiously blocking Sa-do, who was sitting beside him, from Ban-ryu's direct line of sight.

Suddenly Seon-woo asked, "is something called a memorial important? Is it that important?"

"Whose memorial is it?" Soo-ho inquired.

"She said it's my mother's," Seon-woo replied, looking more lost than ever. His answer managed to leave even Ban-ryu speechless. Han-seong just questioned why he was still here instead of going home.

...

At night no one had fallen asleep and lay awake in their beds. "This is no different from a prison. The assignment is over so why do I have to sleep with you guys?" Soo-ho complained dejectedly.

"Then you can leave," Yeo-wool said before climbing down from his bed. "You said it's like a prison," he clarified, pointing at Soo-ho, "and you will have to leave for the memorial," he added glancing at Seon-woo who also sat up.

Ban-ryu got up as he leaned over from the top bunk, "I am warning you guys. Don't do unnecessary things and get me into trouble."

But Soo-ho ignored him as he rushed to Yeo-wool's side. "What are you cooking up? You are not the type of person to do something without a backup plan," he pointed out, already excited. Even Sa-do leaned over her bed, looking down curiously.

"I played little tricks," Yeo-wool said vaguely with a smirk and revealed, "I said my mother sent special wine just for them. It's not medicinal wine but a pass-out wine."

Sa-do, unable to resist the temptation, climbed down. She met Ji-dwi's knowing eyes and he smiled before turning his attention to his other roommates.

"It is so strong that just one drink will make the whole body relax. And if you have two drinks, you wouldn't recognize your parents. 'The end' wine," Yeo-wool admitted, all too jovially, obviously proud of himself.

Ji-dwi sat up in bed, pulling Sa-do, who was leaning against his bed frame till now, down to sit beside him on the bed. Sa-do was surprised but forced herself not to react. She didn't notice his sideway glance and the way his lips curved up.

"So you are saying this place is completely defenseless?" Soo-ho asked, needing to confirm but there was a huge hopeful grin plastered on his face.

Yeo-wool stated, "if you want to leave, you can leave. If you want to stay, you can stay." Then looking up at Ban-ryu he added as an afterthought, "but it might be best to leave, since everyone is going to be responsible."

"Do you think this crazy act makes sense?" Ban-ryu queried, as if he couldn't even believe the conversation headed so far in this direction.

"If you don't like it, you can tell them. But we will be outside by then," Soo-ho told him, waving him off. The two made a face as if they were going to start fighting but made no such move.

"He can't." Sa-do grinned devilishly as she elaborated, "if he tells, he will receive more punishment for ratting out his roommates." It was a perfectly valid point. The others smiled and Ban-ryu glared at each of them before giving a groan and laying back down in bed in an attempt to ignore them.

"So are you coming?" Soo-ho beamed at the Hwarang.

"I was in from the start." Ban-ryu's answer made the others smile as Soo-ho rolled his eyes at the noble and scoff at the absurdity of the situation.

Yeo-wool turned to the back of the room. "What do you want to do?"

Ji-dwi met his gaze and let out a short laugh that momentarily stunned Sa-do as she remembered that he was sitting next to her. "I will have to leave."

Yeo-wool gave a satisfied nod before turning to her, "and you?"

"I will go as well," Sa-do agreed easily with a wide smile which was returned by her quirky roommate.

Yeo-wool glanced at Seon-woo and prompted, "don't you have a reason to leave?"

Seon-woo, who had stayed quite through this whole conversation, deep in thought, finally stood up. "Let's do this."

The five of them sneaked stealthily through Seonmoon. Soo-ho, who was taking the lead, halted near the end of a turn before quickly ducking down below one of the windows. Yeo-wool, Seon-woo, Sa-do and Ji-dwi followed, mirroring his actions. "What is this? Did the wine not work?" Soo-ho muttered worriedly as he turned to Yeo-wool for an explanation as to why the guard was still out patrolling.

Confused, Yeo-wool peeked up before falling back down. "Did it not go through? I definitely gave him a bottle," he murmured, sounding vexed. Sa-do tried to look up to see what the problem was but Ji-dwi pushed her head back lightly, ordering her to stay down making her frown. "It's a wine that you cannot resist, even if you smell it."

Soo-ho made an action of punching the Hwarang, lamenting that, "instead of it being the end for the wine, it is going to be the end of us."

Fighting of Ji-dwi's attempt to keep her out of sight, Sa-do finally glimpsed through the vertical railings of the window above them. "Uhmm guys?" The other four turned to her before mimicking her and looking out. The sight made their jaws drop. The guard banged into a pillar before taking out his sword and attacking the pillar repeatedly.

"What did I tell you?" the usual confidence was back in Yeo-wool's voice as he said gleefully, "I said it's 'the end' wine."

Not wanting to waste time and risk getting caught, Soo-ho urged the others to move. "Let's go, let's go." They ran past the guard and reached the main gate of Seonmoon. They scaled the wall as quietly as they could, before jumping down on the other side. It had been a successful escapade. The five roommates crouched down below the cover of some trees.

"Let's meet here at dawn and go back in together," Yeo-wool suggested and everyone nodded in accord before they dispersed.

As Sa-do was about to get up, Ji-dwi pushed her head down again earning a glare from her. "You would have gotten hurt," he remarked, pointing to the low lying branched that would have surely snagged her, had he not stopped her. Slightly stunned, Sa-do allowed Ji-dwi to wrap his hand around her wrist and pull her away before dragging her up to her feet. She blinked a few times incomprehensibly.

She had indeed noticed the subtle shift in Ji-dwi's behavior around her. He had become more and more familiar with her the more she tried to avoid him. And she had not missed the numerous times he had helped her, even if it was with the smallest things. She briefly wondered if he knew that she was the one he met in Dayiseo and that he was the reason she managed to join the Hwarang.

Her eyes refocused, catching Ji-dwi waving his hand in front of her face. "Do you intend to stand here the whole night?" Sa-do didn't miss the teasing tone in his voice. She looked around to see that the others had already departed and they were the only ones left.

"Let's go," she said hurriedly, eager to leave his presence and clear her head. He always tended to leave her confused and disoriented these days.

"See you at dawn," he called out as the two went in opposite directions.

Not long after, Ban-ryu too jumped out and after looking around headed away.

Poong Wol Joo had said, after all, that roommates must act as a single unit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.7K 2.7K 35
|COMPLETED| The prince just wants to be a normal guy and find love! So when His parents tell him they've chosen someone for him to marry in 2 months...
229K 8.3K 48
Y/N is a university student. She has a best friend; Choi Jongho. They have been best friends since they were 4 and they try to conquer everything tog...
2.5K 299 46
Ban Ryu's heart slipped from his grasp the very first time that he looked into Soo Yeon's eyes. But she was the daughter of his father's nemesis. A...
147K 6.5K 23
"Trust me, if you're just gonna keep maintaining your grades like these, you're not going to get accepted by any University." "Mind you! I'll prove y...