The Phoenix Ghost

AliceCourtneyHatcher tarafından

Sang Sorensen awoke to find her hard fought for safe new world and family gone. The Blackbourne team had bro... Daha Fazla

The Destruction of the Blackbourne Family
The Toma Team Shock and Awe
Two Birds, Six Dogs
Change Management - Forming, Storming and Norming
The Dinner - Part I - Treaties & Warfare
The Dinner - Part II - Love and Putting Your Foot in Your Mouth
Dr. Pookie, Scratch That, Dr. Heart
Boardroom Drama & A Surprise Gender Reveal
Seriously...
The Septuplets Arrive
Names, Coups, Miscommunications and a Lost Chance
SNAFU
Trust is a Fragile Commodity
Regrets and Rude Boys!
Vic' Ephany & Doing It Toma Style 2
Reshaping Leadership on Both Sides of the Ocean
Vic! & Dancing Around THE Confrontation
Ghosts & Skeletons
Collision
Moving Forward Virtually
Where Do We Go From Here?
Tying Up Lose Ends
First Anniversary
Unlikely Partners
New Assignments & Plants

California

2.5K 140 42
AliceCourtneyHatcher tarafından

Patio area for their California home...

This was a hard chapter to write. I'm sorry @NicholeSkeleton6 - I couldn't release the chapter last night, I had to rewrite it three times before I was even relatively happy with the result.

I'm seriously going to be walking away from the PG nature of the stories origins and focusing on the development of the intimacy within the Ghost family with glimpses of what is going on back in South Carolina and in Estonia....

Enjoy.
************************************************

The move to California was so sudden and there was so much to do between caring for the septs, packing up our lives and then the actual travelling with seven newborn babies that finding ourselves in the new house in Napa Valley was almost anti climatic.

I say almost because the property is just... wow, unbelievable. There's 950 acres of vineyard and stables plus the main house and guest house. There is so much space and light in the design of the main house that there is a strong atmosphere of peacefulness that pervades the whole house and immediate grounds.  The eight of us and the septs have taken long walks; shared picnics together; gotten to know the horses in the stables; sat outside on the patio, with a beautiful granite top table beside a stunning fire pit, overlooking the horses pasture watching the sun both rise and set just... talking, laughing, kissing and touching while getting to know the personalities and individual needs of our children.

We had a small celebration to mark mine and Iris' birthday at the end of the first week after we moved in. Our men would've liked to have done so much more to honour the occasion but we'd all admitted we were just too spent to do more than order take away and have a cake. The boys had given Iris and I both a stunning charm bracelet with charms that represent each of us and also one to represent the septs - an imperial rose (Sang) and an iris (Iris), a crown (Axel), a crow (Raven), a keyboard (Corey), a wrench (Brandon), a moon - Iris/a star - Sang (Kevin), an emerald - Sang/a sapphire- Iris (Marc) and a baby rattle (septs). Each charm contained the birthstone of the one represented.

I gave Iris the pre order form for the new Ducati Superleggera V4 I'd advanced purchased for her with Pop's help. She was beyond excited and kept guerrilla style kissing and hugging me all night.

Iris gave me both the 1819 and 1857 editions of the Fairy Tales of the Grimm Brothers. The 1819 version is actually the second edition of the Grimm Fairy Tales, but is the first edition that my favourite story, Tale 65 - Allerleirauh was included in. The original versions in 1812 and 1819 were much darker than the more 'child friendly' version of 1857 where after six additional publications through 1820-1857, fairies had been removed and step mothers made the villains rather than biological mothers to satisfy the Christian beliefs of the many. Iris knows that I see this as an analogy of my life. The darker version came first... Let's hope by the time I get to the 1857 edition stage of my life, I can be both - happier while still able to refrain from deceiving myself about the contents. I have no idea how she even got those two books as I've looked for five years. I've never even seen mention of one for sale, I'd thought those copies were lost to time. Needless to say I was ecstatic. The Tomas had been fascinated with a new facet to my personality when faced with the unusual blend of macabre and magical that I preferred in the story telling of the Brothers Grimm above all other books.

The fellas and Iris split themselves into teams A, B and C and they rotate helping me out with the septs daily routine. Their obsession with team behaviour has been hilarious as they actually compete to be the most efficient team, the team the babies prefer the most and the team that takes care of me the best - with justifications for why their team deserves the award. I am forced to adjudicate.

The comic relief had really helped me as I had a touch of the baby blues for the first month after the septs were born. Nothing extreme but I had been caught looking through my photos of the Blackbourne team and me, missing them and feeling tearful in general. Axel, Brandon, Corey, Marc, Raven and Kevin sat down with me and gently asked that I not hide my sadness at the babies' fathers not being there. They understood that the fact I wished they were there for the babies did not mean I didn't also want the Tomas to be with me and the septs as well. I felt so humbled and grateful because I had been hiding my depressed state to protect their feelings and I was heading down an unhealthy path.

The main cause of my irrational behaviour though was lack of sleep and exhaustion rather than a severe case of postpartum depression and three weeks ago, Iris put her foot down and insisted that at least two nights a week she would do 'night duty' and I was to have a full night's rest. I did not give in gracefully at the time. At all. But after three weeks and six full nights of much needed sleep, I could not deny that I felt much better both mentally and physically.

Along with the gentle advancing to more strenuous physical training I engaged in, as I recovered physically from the operation and birth of my babies, and the more intensive training for the rest of the Ghost team to prepare for the induction process, we took the window we'd been given to truly spend time exploring how the eight of us feel about one another and we began to establish some tentative boundaries for our poly family. It had been a time of introspection and bonding together where we could just focus on our family and exhale after the drama of the septs birth and the realisation of how phenomenally exhausting it is to see to the needs of seven infants on a daily basis and also maintain a life as adults too.

There's 12 bedrooms in the main house and 3 in the guest house. Everyone has their own space, even Iris and I elected to have separate bedrooms - with the septs in their bassinets in my room as their nursery had not been ready when we first arrived due to the expedited move. Even now that their room is finished and sat empty, waiting for them, I've not been ready to allow them to be far from my sight. It's irrational, I know, but I cant seem to let go of the feeling that I'll go to find them and they won't be there... I don't need my psychiatrist to tell me why I feel this way. I just need to work through my fear.

It shouldn't have been, but it was so unexpected, how hard those feelings hit me seeing my ex's, men I will always love despite my deep disappointment in them, reflected in the innocent features of our children. It had been almost as bad as the first months after they left me. Iris and the guys know, we don't have those kinds of secrets between us, and have been my safety net, catching me whenever I needed to express my sadness and acceptance of the way things have turned out with the babies' fathers...

Both mine and Iris' rooms are enormous master bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. In fact, ten of the bedrooms in the main house have en-suite bathrooms so the men are definitely as well looked after as my twin and I have been. Although at least one or two of the Tomas still sleep with me every night to keep the nightmares at bay. A practice the boys have rippled over to Iris as well, in her separate bedroom, despite not having the excuse of her suffering from nightmares. Although, to be fair, as Iris and I had requested a custom made bed much larger than king sized, due to the crowdedness of there being three or four of us in the bed Iris and I had shared back in South Carolina, she may just feel lonely in such a massive bed on her own. The boys, Iris and I agreed the guest house would be for Phil and Mak when they visit but in between we'd use it as a baby free zone for when we all needed space for adult relaxation.... An extra sized bed had been installed in the master bedroom of the guest house for when Iris and/or I might want to take advantage of a time of relaxation.

Speaking of adult relaxation, my six week check up is today and all things being well, I suspect there will be some serious alone time coming mine and Iris' way not too long afterward with our Toma men... I'm a little anxious about it, and not for the reasons some might think. I'm trying hard not to overthink the situation like I usually do. This next step is too important and our men have been so amazing and patient that they deserve to be loved without my past loves hanging over us like the sword of Damocles! Both Iris and I want things to be natural so no setting a date, time or place. Just spontaneous love -  whenever it happens, it happens. Although, there was a family discussion planned tonight to discuss what was ok and not ok for all of us.

Sang smirked to herself inwardly as she recalled the conversation she'd had with Iris in preparation for the pending discussion. They'd been sat in the conservatory yesterday having an hour break from the septs at the Tomas' insistence, watching the horses through the glass while chatting. Sang had been drinking her now customary cup of tea, camomile in that instance,

'Sissy.... ' Iris sounded anxious, an unusual state for her which immediately tweaked Sang's sororal protectiveness. Before she could express her reassurance, Iris quickly continued,

'I think we should discuss how we feel about moving on to the next stage of the relationship with our men, just the two of us first,' Sang was beginning to understand where Iris' nerves stemmed from. Her lips twitched, but she held her secret smile in as she interrupted Iris,

'Sis.' Sang's matter of fact tone stopped Iris' angst ridden thoughts, 'You've told me on more than one occasion about intimacy you've witnessed at the MC,' Sang gave her sister her knowing smile,

'I didn't just listen to what you said; I watched your face, your body language and how you interacted with our men. Sis, I know you're into BDSM. From what I've gathered, you're a switch, someone who will top those who can't dominate you and bottom for those that can dominate you,' Iris stared at her sister, mouth gaping like a fish out of water. Iris had thought she'd been so careful about hiding her true sexual self from her twin. Sang smiled gently but in quiet amusement,

'From what I've seen, you'll bottom for Axel, Kevin and probably Brandon. But you'll top Marc and Corey. With Raven I think you'll be either depending on the situation since you both like playing both roles,' Iris had gone beyond stunned to speechlessness as she just couldn't process the fact her sweet little sister was calmly discussing her lifestyle as if she were the expert. Sang's smile widened into a grin. She took a sip of tea before arching her brow at her twin,

'Would you care to know my proclivities too or is that a step too far?' Iris just nodded unable to reconcile the words and vision of her twin presently,

'It may surprise you to know that I would like to try both topping and bottoming with all the Tomas because for me it isn't about their levels of dominance but about MY level of dominance. I believe I could dominate them all but I also like the idea of the freedom and power that comes from giving up the responsibility of control,' it was absolutely silent in the room when Sang finished speaking. Sang resumed drinking her tea waiting for her outspoken sister to catch up to her,

'Jesus fucking Christ, Sang!' Iris swore after a few minutes, 'Warn your sister first before you drop an A bomb like that in future!' Sang laughed drily,

'Where's the fun in that?' Iris just started laughing herself at the turn in the discussion,

'Don't take it to heart,' Sang sat her tea down before winking at her sister, 'the boys are about to be shocked much worse than you are, I think,' Iris' laughter dried up as she looked anxious once more,

'Seriously though, how do you think they will react?' Sang smiled her secret Mona Lisa smile again,

'We both know Raven is desperately praying we are into BDSM,' Iris nodded agreeing expectantly for her sister's view on the rest of their men,

'I have a strong suspicion that Axel is a dominant in reality. He has a tattoo on his right side on his pelvic bone. It's black ink; similar to a plus sign with a line at the bottom, a slightly smaller line at the top with a crescent shape tilted on top of the top line. I looked it up online, it's a Chinese symbol that means Lord, Master, owner or primary. I suspect he's actually a Master Dominant, I may not be allowed to top him to be perfectly honest. But that mark in particular is how Master Dom's are inked in honour of the accomplishment in the BDSM clubs the Castaldi's own and operate around the world,' Iris finally came out of her shocked gaze to glare at her sister,

'You! How did you manage to research all that online without me seeing? And when did you see Axel's pelvic bone, never mind a tattoo? And more importantly, how long have you known all this and not told your amazing twin from whom you keep no secrets?' Sang giggled evilly,

'Skug showed me how to hide my browsing from you the first week we got here. After you ratted me out to the men about reading up on SPD, you didn't really think I'd be satisfied with you being able to eavesdrop on my private thoughts, did you?' Sang narrowed her eyes pointedly at her sister. Iris shrugged but said,

'It was for your own good, sissy,' Sang waved her finger like a windscreen wiper,

'Uh uh, sis. I am a grown ass woman. I love you but you will not be permitted to invade my privacy like that again. I decide when I tell you what's in my heart... Frankly, I'm disappointed you won't accept that is right and proper.' Iris hung her head at her own hypocrisy in the face of her sister's disapproval,

'Ok so what about the tattoo on Axel? When did you see that,' Iris chose to simply move on from her embarrassment. Sang grinned unrepentantly,

'I peeked when he was on shower duty while I was pregnant with the septs and he needed the toilet,' Iris broke out into naughty giggles herself,

'And everyone thinks you're the sweet and innocent one...' Sang snorted derisively,

'Then they haven't been paying attention. I'm the mother to septuplets with seven different fathers. My last relationship was with nine men. I'm not ashamed of that in the slightest. The relationship was vanilla for the most part because I was a virgin and working out my own sexuality. This relation, with six men, won't be so vanilla. Partially because Im ready to explore my own sexuality and partially because I suspect most of them have dabbled in BDSM already and want us to be open to it... in the future. They aren't expecting us to be aware now and want the lifestyle ourselves so they've decided to wait to approach us with the idea until we are already sexually involved,' Sang's expression soured for a second before she recovered,

'And they certainly aren't expecting us to bring it up as a consideration,' Sang's eyes twinkled as Iris shock turned into a smirk of her own,

'Ok, so what about the rest?' Sang pondered before answering,

'Brandon's past will mean he needs lots of control to avoid a downward spiral into what haunts him,' Sang sighed sadly, 'I'll have to be sensitive about how I approach taking that control from him. It'll be all about his consent and comfort levels,' Iris was suddenly realising the responsibility involved to top Brandon, glad he was dominant enough that she wanted to bottom for him,

'Marc and Corey are submissives in mindset but I suspect Corey may grow into a switch in time so, don't be surprised if eventually you bottom for him too. I'm pretty sure that Axel, Raven, Corey and Marc are bi or else make an exception for one another... not entirely sure which yet,' Iris was gaping at the mouth again,

'What!?!' Iris screeched at her sister,

'Who are you and what have you done with my sister?' Sang looked at her sister with a deadpan expression,

'Surely you've noticed the subtle touching that happens between those four?' Iris shook her head to the contrary and Sang laughed in dry amusement,

'No one just observes in this house...' Sang sighed before finishing her analysis of the men's sexual natures,

'Kevin doesn't identify himself through BDSM terminology at all so he'll be a bit blindsided if we were to just jump into the whole BDSM lifestyle discussion with him tomorrow night. I have to assume the rest of the Tomas plan to bring him up to speed before they approach us with it, which won't be prior to tomorrow night. Which is why I've asked Axel to join us for this discussion shortly,' Iris was fish faced for the third time in half an hour,

'Pardon?' Sang laughed freely at her sister's attempt to regain her composure, to be cool and proper,

'I knew you'd want to talk about this before tomorrow and worked out all the issues in my head last week. I asked Axel to join us, but I haven't told him why,' Sang winked at her sister as the echo of confident footfalls came through the conservatory and the kitchen beyond announcing Axel's approach. Axel smiled at his women,

'Well hello my flower and my jewel. May I join you now?' He asked politely,

'You may,' Sang grinned at him in wicked anticipation. Axel narrowed his eyes at her expression in calculation,

'What are you up to, my jewel?' Iris just snorted as she stared wide eyed at her twin. Sang took a sip of her tea, hiding her smirk, giving Axel innocent eyes over the top rim of her cup,

'I think the three of us should clear a couple of things up before tomorrow night's discussion, in enough time for you to speak with Kevin in particular beforehand,' Axel stared at Sang with heavy intensity, a ripple of a thought crossed his face followed by surprise and disbelief before his face fell into an emotionless mask,

'There, see Iris. There's the Master Dom I warned you he was hiding from us,' Sang continued to give back an innocent face despite the words coming from her mouth. Axel's lips twitched in the briefest shadow of amusement before the tiny bit of emotion disappeared,

'What makes you say that, my jewel?' Axel's voice was deeper, more compelling,

'I saw your tattoo, my king,' Iris looked away but Sang maintained eye contact as she mockingly gave him his new title, hinting at her knowledge of his true BDSM title. Axel smiled, a shark like smile Sang hadn't seen from him before,

'I understand. You, my innocent little jewel, think you can top me,' he drew out his next five words with pleasure,

'You are welcome to try.'

Sang carefully replaced her teacup before showing Axel her own mask of insouciance,

'I'm looking forward to it. However this discussion is about bringing Kevin up to speed about the lifestyle rather than blindsiding him tomorrow evening. That would be best coming from you,' Sang stated as a fact rather than a challenge. Axel inclined his head in agreement,

'That is reasonable. I will speak with Kevin. Why are you not asking me to pre warn the rest of our family?' Axel inquired. Sang's face shifted slightly to show colder eyes,

'Don't imagine for a second that we are unaware that you and the others except Brandon are bi or make an exception for just one another. Frankly, I'm disappointed you men had not intended to share that with Kevin, Iris and I before you began our sexual intimacy,' Axel managed to hide his shock just barely at Sang's correct intuition. Realising he'd underestimated his little jewel enormously he quickly considered his options and realised swiftly that only an apology was the right approach. In this one instance,

'You are right to be angry, little jewel. It would have been wrong of us toward you, Iris and Kevin not to have been transparent about our intimacy with each other before we are sexually intimate as a whole team. In this one instance, I offer you an apology,' Sang's eyebrow twitched in irritation,

'You apologise for not telling us you are bi but not for withholding your lifestyle and roles within that lifestyle? That seems like an... incomplete apology. If you expect me to view you as a Master Dominant, I suggest you reconsider as you, sir, are on very thin ice,' Axel was floored and didn't quite manage to hide his surprise this time. The ladies were both giving him cold looks. Well shit. This was unexpected. He looked at Sang in speculation. She could just maybe top him one day in the future after she'd been trained. A small smile grew into a heart stopping smile as he replied in heart felt apology,

'I stand corrected again, my little jewel who could be queen,' he turned his smile toward Iris,

'My flower and consort,' Sang's eyes warmed up again though she maintained her mask.

'Thank you for that, my king,' Axel held his dominant expression but inwardly crowed at her genuine acknowledgment of his role,

'I would be grateful if you could not tip our hand to the rest of the team before tomorrow night as I'd like to watch their reactions for myself,' Sang resumes her tea to finish it before it grew fully cold,

'Naturally,' Axel smiled in amusement, 'You are a welcome if unexpected surprise,' Sang dropped her persona and gave her sexy pants a saucy wink,

'Thank you!'

************************************************

'You will have another two weeks of recovery,' Phil explained gently, 'because of your Caesarian the recovery time is a little longer than for vaginal delivery - don't argue with me, sweetheart!' Sang was not prepared to sit quietly though,

'I've been very careful in my regime and am fitter than 95% of women who'd be signed off at six weeks, Phil!' Phil held up a hand sternly,

'Sang it's my responsibility to ensure you are fully fit for what the induction will cost you physically so don't presume to over ride my authority on your sign off,' Phil was annoyed with Sang, she knew better than this! Her shoulders slumped, losing their defiant rigidity,

'You're right. I'm sorry,' Suddenly Phil understood the frustration in front of him and immediately his paternalistic feelings made him feel uncomfortable to clarify his verdict,

'Aside from intense training in preparation for the induction, you are able to engage in other other normal activities including those of an... intimate nature,' Phil's voice was stiff and Sang blushed understanding both his meaning and why he was awkward in his communication,

'Thanks,' she mumbled back at him wondering how she could have been so forward with Iris and Axel earlier and yet still feel like a blushing school girl when skirting the issue with one of her father figures. She could only feel relief that Pops wasn't also present. Axel and Raven wisely kept their mouths shut on the subject. Iris was back to her cheeky self though and giggled, quickly covering herself with a coughing spell when Phil gave her a laser like glare,

'Does this mean induction will start a week later than originally scheduled?' Axel asked in a noncommittal fashion. Phil relaxed with the return to Academy business question though his voice was still rigid and sharp,

'Yes, that's what it means,' Phil's tone suddenly became a purr of satisfaction as he eyeballed Axel and Raven,

'Though your trainer will arrive in a week to start pre evaluation and preparation of the sites for induction' Sang and Iris suddenly remembered that Mak was to be their trainer. Both girls pulled their lower lip in between their teeth to prevent the laughter from escaping. It was a simultaneous response that made Axel and Raven each cock their head at the twins, devilish and wolffish grins peeking out before remembering Phil's presence. The Tomas quickly began discussing the trainers arrival to disguise their amorous thoughts. Phil was not fooled but he was more concerned with giving the twins a quick warning glance not to ruin the surprise while the other males were distracted. Both ladies surreptitiously used their hands to indicate their lips were sealed.

************************************************

'Små jävlar,' (Little bastards) Mak grumbled when Phil related the discussion in Sang's six week ante natal check up later that night,

'I hope the fuckers enjoyed the aches and pains I gave them the last time because this time I've dreamt up much worse for them to suffer from for me,' Phil chuckled,

'Good to know,' his face clouded over,

'When are we giving that recording from the Blackbourne team to Sang?' Mak sighed,

'You and I will give it to her next week when I arrive to train them and you open the satellite office. The edited version of the video anyway,' Phil looked at the man who had become a friend with worry,

'Will you tell her you've seen them?' Mak shook his head immediately,

'You know I can't do that, Phil. Even if I wanted to, and I do, it's against the covenant I signed as a Trustee,' Mak gave him a dirty look,

'Which you know so stop tormenting me with this shit, Mr. President!' Mak ran his fingers through the longer hair at the front of his face in fury,

'It fucking killed me having to lie to those boys, telling them Sang had been struck off the roster of the Academy, slipping away in the middle of the night like they did. Knowing she still loves them. Needs them! Their faces... god, it was like I'd stabbed the bastards in their hearts... It was as clear as day that they love her and if they had any fucking clue they were fathers...' Mak gave Phil a look of blatant warning,

'I can damn well hold my own, but when those boys find out we've deliberately withheld their children from them as well as their woman...? Despite their knowing the Academy's rules and regs, they are gonna come for us, Phil. And they will find out. That little bastard, Victor has resources at his disposal on top of his growing hacking talent. It's only a matter of time especially as Skug is almost positive Iris herself dripped him the trail to find that video of Sang's graduation. But that doesn't scare me a damn. What scares the ever loving shit out of me is Sang and Iris' reaction when I have to give Sang the unedited version of that video in 5 years time when the confidentiality edict elapses,' Mak stuck his finger in Phil's face,

'And that's assuming the Blackbourne's don't find her and tell her the truth first,' Phil looked pale at the thought before Mak continued,

'The only thing that's given me any pleasure the last four weeks has been Andrews stupidity in being a no show at the tribunal in London. As soon as he went MIA we were able to move the case to Divisional Court. That court could jail his crazy ass and they did after the police picked him up. That and striking his liar of a daughter off the roster for the Academy's membership in the same meeting we moved the Ghost team members from the Academy to the Elite Academy roster,' Mak pinned Phil with a look,

'We still haven't found the leak that is allowing information to get into Volto's hands either that Sang and Iris found tracks of... that Elite Academy roster better be in the safest file the Academy has Phil because if Volto shows up in California and anything happens to my baby girl, sweetheart or grandkids, someone will die!'

************************************************

Ok so the stage has been set...

Please be sure and pay attention to the opening A/N's I give you over the next three chapters folks! It's important to the story.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

149K 7.6K 43
The Blackbourne and Toma team are called for a very special mission by the Academy. They didn't think that Hogwarts and the wizarding world existed...
31.1K 2.2K 17
**COMPLETED** Sang Sorenson has finally found her pack. She has finally found a home. She is excited to be going to high school with the others but w...
82.1K 3.8K 43
Rose is running from someone with the help of her new family Ashely, Raven, Axel, Brandon, Marc, and Corey. Starting over means a new identity but wh...
488K 19.9K 33
Sang Sorenson has been chewed up and spit out by life too many times. Abused by her stepmother. Neglected by her father. Hated by her sister. Bulli...