head in the clouds | jd.morgan

By daddys-lilmonster

❝ swear that girl has her head in the clouds ❝ [jdm x oc] More

HEAD IN THE CLOUDS.
i. she gets what she wants.
ii. sore eyes.
iii. a whole new girl.
iv. summer days.
v. trouble in paradise.
vi. changes.
vii. if we go down then we go down together.
ix. what we do is secret.
x. an itch to scratch.
xi. hands to myself.
xii. didn't mean it.
xiii. light of his life.
xiv. a nightmare.
xv. a broken home.
xvi. quiet voices.
xvii. meet me at midnight.
xviii. what we know.
xix. my girl.
xx. parting ways.

viii. us against the world.

2.5K 88 42
By daddys-lilmonster

head in the clouds. chapter eight.
SUMMARY ; diana confronts jeffrey about the plane incident.

took it out, 'cross the fields
lost control, hit a wall
but we're alright
——

MARGO WAS quiet when they exited the plane, jeffrey made sure they were the first ones off, walking past and ignoring the flight attendants and pilot when they wished them a safe and fun filled vacation. surely margo was going to be traumatized from the incident, she was scared, which was understandable, margo was so young and she just experienced something not many people have. all jeffrey wanted to do was be back at home to hold her in his lap on the couch, where they felt most comfortable and safe.

"here, tink. i can't carry all of them, can you get that one for me?" jeffrey softly spoke to the girl who seemed to be in a daze, she turned her head to see jeffrey had her backpack on his back, his own on his chest, holding onto the handle of her biggest suitcase in one hand and his in the same hand, and the second one of his in the other, while diana clutched onto the handle her two. margo nodded, pulling the handle upwards to drag her smallest suitcase on its wheel behind her as the three made their way towards their rental car parked outside the orlando airport.

once they made it to the black jeep that was identical to the one back at home — he figured it would make them feel more comfortable — jeffrey stopped and stood the suitcases up, releasing those ones before taking margo's from her hand. "you can get in the car, mar." he nodded towards it, margo turned and opened the back door, stepping inside and settling in before lightly pulling the door shut behind her. after jeffrey loaded up all the luggage, then rounded the vehicle and entered the driver's side as diana seated herself in the passenger.

on the way to the house, he continually stole glances at margo through the small mirror, she kept her gaze staring out the window, watching the palm trees zoom by, she seemed to be admiring the new scenery. though jeffrey couldn't help but grow concerned, she usually wasn't a scenery type of person. but she was safe and that was most important, they could always improve her mental health, he was grateful they all were alive.

it was a two story house with six bedrooms and four full sized bathrooms, a three car garage, a room stacked with a pool table, a air hockey table, plus an xbox with a large flat screen tv. an unground pool in the back with a gate surrounding and roofing it, the kitchen was big, three times the size back at home, and the living room had a large sectional with a tv seated above the fireplace. margo's favorite part was that the hallway upstairs connecting the bedrooms, the bathrooms and that led to the staircase overlooked the kitchen and living room like a balcony.

the jeep rolled up into the driveway after passing through security, jeffrey parked the car, followed by him and diana opening their doors. margo stayed seated, her eyes glued to the palm tree in their front yard, though she wasn't as much admiring it as she was lost in thought. jeffrey slowly pulled open her door, not wanting to frighten her. he gave the blonde a half closed mouth smile when she met his eyes.

"hey, tink.. are you okay?" he asked her, his voice filled with concern, his eyebrows furrowing. margo paused, sucking her bottom lip into her mouth between her teeth. she wasn't sure how to respond, she felt like she should say yes regardless but she didn't want to lie to jeffrey, not anymore. what she wanted was to hold her arms out and have him carry her like a sad baby on his hip, because that was what she felt like anymore whenever she was near him but wasn't allowed to touch him, the incident in the plane only worsened it.

"c'mon, lets get you something to eat and then you can take a shower, yeah?" jeffrey offered, smiling to himself in victory when he saw a small grin tug on the corner of margo's mouth, not stretching the whole way up but it was a start and he was pleased that. he offered the girl his hand by outstretching his arm, margo clasped her fingers into his and let him help her step out of the jeep.

"we're gonna have to find a grocery store or something," diana spoke from the kitchen as the two entered, each pulling two suitcases and their own backpacks hanging from their shoulders. jeffrey cursed to himself, remembering they had no food at the house and he had forgotten to stop for some. he scrubbed a hand down his face, before turning to the blonde.

"you go get a shower, and we'll order something, okay?" he spoke to her, margo nodded her head silently before turning on her heel and heading towards the staircase that led to her bedroom. once the girl was up there and they heard the door click shut to one of the bathrooms, diana spoke.

"so uh, you were quite worried about her on the plane.." diana began, her voice trailing off as she leaned back against the counter, bracing her palms against it. jeffrey furrowed his eyebrows, eyes narrowing at his wife. "the hell is that supposed to mean? yeah i was worried about her, i thought you weren't worried enough," jeffrey crossed his arms over his chest, shrugging a shoulder. he couldn't get defensive, she would start assuming which could only end in bad things happening, jeffrey already had a gut feeling, telling him he did not like the way this conversation was headed.

"well how could i be? you were practically smothering her-"

"i thought we were dying, diana! she's sixteen! she has her whole life ahead of her, so yes, i was a little upset by the fact she was going to fucking die," jeffrey interrupted her, he couldn't help the words that flew out of his mouth. for her to say he was too concerned for the girl when the plane was falling out of the sky and margo was bawling from how scared she was made his blood boil. that was her daughter and she only appeared to care for herself in the situation of what they thought were their deaths.

diana scoffed as she shook her head. "you shouldn't have put her in your lap, she isn't a baby-"

fuck if she ain't, she's my baby.

"again, diana. we were dying! she was fucking petrified, don't act like you weren't either-"

"which is exactly why you should've been comforting both of us! more so me, i'm your wife!"

oh the things jeffrey wanted to yell back, he couldn't believe she had the audacity to say that when she was lying to him everyday, she went behind his back countless amount of times, and he wished he could tell her what he knew, and why he couldn't care less that she was sitting next to them in that plane. but he didn't, because if he did then that meant saying goodbye to the blonde upstairs.

"okay.. i'm sorry i comforted your daughter when our plane was falling out of the sky and she was giving herself a panic attack from how horrified she was.. happy now?" jeffrey threw his arms up in the air before he turned around to exit the kitchen, heading towards the staircase. he jogged up them and immediately went to their bedroom, hoping she left him alone.

he was so angry with her, how could diana say such a thing about her daughter? she should've been thanking him, she couldn't have stopped margo from giving herself a panic attack in those moments, and she wouldn't be the one to put her back together in the aftermath of it. he would do it, he'd make sure she ate all three meals, he would do his best to keep her smiling and laughing, it'd be him to check on her in the middle of the night to make sure she was having no nightmares.

jeffrey busied himself by unpacking his luggage, hanging up what needed to be in the closet and folding all the others to place stacked on top of each other in the drawers from the dresser. as while margo was sitting on the floor in the shower that connected to her bedroom, letting the hot water run over her, soaking her hair. she wrapped her arms around her knees and held them close to her chest, staring at the wet, white wall to the shower in front of her.

if she wasn't sure a few hours ago, she was sure now. she wanted jeffrey more than she could have him, margo wanted to cry at how badly her desperation was growing for him, her mother had such a good man and she was throwing him away, she didn't deserve him, she didn't understand how lucky she was. margo wished she could lay with him, sleep with him, and be the one that got to hold his hand whenever she wanted.

the aftermath of a near death experience was something margo read an online article about a few months prior, she never thought she would be able to relate to it thought, she only read it out of curiosity. it explained that you would feel this empty hole in your chest, maybe even be emotionless, you would be in a state of shock, and this all determined on just how near to death your experience was. margo guessed hers was as close as it could get without touching the real thing. and she felt all of that, to an extreme amount.

margo exited the shower, pulling back the curtain to step out. after grabbing a white fluffy towel from off the rack above the toilet, she wrapped it around her body, tucking the one end into the other to keep it in place, following that margo leaned over and wrapped her long hair up into one. margo left the foggy bathroom after that, leaving the light on, she didn't want to be in the dark even if it was just for a brief second.

once margo reached her bedroom, she pulled out items of clothing from her suitcase, then dressed into grey sweatpants and a fitted, soft white long sleeve shirt, pairing it with her white tube socks. margo opened up her bedroom door before she began to comb out her wet hair, riding of any tangles.

when margo walked down the staircase, she glanced to the sectional to see her mother seated there, then looked to the kitchen table to see jeffrey. he had his arms crossed over his chest while he leaned back against the chair, jaw locked and his gaze set stern on something margo couldn't tell, he was just lost in thought. when margo approached him, he broke out of his trance, meeting her eyes.

"hey, uh. we ordered pizza," jeffrey told her, watching her as she pulled out the chair next to him to sit down. he glanced to her mother, seeing the back of her head was still facing them but surely she heard him speak. margo nodded her head, her fingers fiddling in her lap as her eyes averted away from jeffrey to stare at the wooden table in front of her.

she wondered when the empty feeling would go away.

|

an early night in led to an early morning start, they would start their adventures to the parks today, and usually margo would've been bouncing off the walls, she would get so excited to ride all the roller coasters and see cinderella's castle.. but not that morning, not this time around. diana had to wake margo up — which was the first ever — and margo didn't get ready nearly as quick as she normally did. she brushed her teeth, combed her hair and dressed as she would for school at six in the morning.

diana was in the shower when margo came downstairs to see jeffrey had ordered breakfast from the cafe inside the community. he frowned at margo's appearance and her lack of energy. "hey, what's the matter? why aren't you bouncin' off the walls?" he asked her, concern clear in his voice and practically smothering his facial expression. margo shrugged as she pulled out the chair closet to jeffrey, sitting in it.

"you not get enough sleep?"

margo shook her head.

"you hungry?"

another shake.

"you just upset?"

margo paused, before nodding her head.

"is it about what happened on the plane?" he asked, margo nodded again, her expression blank and her eyes staring at the table. jeffrey licked his lips, settling back against the chair. "you need to eat something, tink." he told her, gesturing his head towards the full plate of blueberry pancakes, eggs and bacon on the table. margo hesitatingly reached for it and slid it across the table closer to her. the two sat in silence as jeffrey scrolled through his contact list on his cell phone and margo picked at her food. one of his old friends happened to be a therapist, they worked together years ago, they hadn't talked in a while but he was a good man, jeffrey trusted him. after clicking on his name, jeffrey began typing a text.

hey! i know it's been awhile since we last talked, but this is really important to me if you could please help me out. without making this message too long.. diana, margo and myself just experienced some major issues on our flight to orlando and it is taking a heavy toll on margo.. any suggestions to help her? i appreciate anything you can give me.

"why didn't you sit with my mom when all that happened on the plane? i mean, i know why, but what did you tell her?" margo's quiet voice asked just as his thumb pressed the green arrow, sending the text message. jeffrey looked up at the girl, shutting his phone off to place it on the table, screen facing downwards. the man scratched over his chin, breathing out a heavy sigh.

"that's not important, alright? i handled it, she seemed fine when we went to bed last night.. don't worry about it, okay? this is your favorite part of the summer and i don't want that goddamn plane to ruin it, alright?" jeffrey nudged margo's ankle with the front of his foot under the table. the blonde nodded, her gaze locked onto her plate of food she was picking at. jeffrey stood to his feet, pushing his chair backwards, he took a step closer to margo, standing behind her chair he leaned over the back of it, taking her fork from her fingers and snatching his knife off from his plate, each arm went to either sides of margo as he started to cut her pancakes into small squares.

margo leaned backwards and rested her back against jeffrey's chest, tilting her head the whole way back to look at him from an upside down angle. a moment had passed with the two like this, once jeffrey finished he looked down at the girl, a small grin spreading onto his face. "you eat.. i'm gonna go get dressed," jeffrey kissed the center of margo's forehead as he grasped her face in between his hands. the blonde picked her head back up to its normal position when jeffrey walked away, snatching his phone off the table before heading towards the staircase. and the second his presence left, that empty feeling came swooping back into margo's chest.

jeffrey felt the device buzz in his hands as he crossed the hallway, walking towards his bedroom, he immediately clicked the power button.

from; trey
hey jeff! of course, sorry to hear that. how bad was it? if it was really bad it's normal for her to have some trauma from it, it's common with near death experiences.

to; trey
yeah it was pretty bad, the flight attendant told us to brace for impact and i had to hold a fucking breathing mask to her face. she's so not herself and i'm just really worried, anything i can do to help her?

from; trey
oh damn, that's awful. since she is still so young she could be second guessing what's real and what isn't, she could be stirring up ideas about not actually being alive.. i know that sounds crazy but she could be wondering if the plane really did crash and none of this is real. make sure to remind her of lots of things she likes, take her to do things, especially things she can feel. do not get frustrated with her, anything you say or do can make her think more into this theory she's made up, or this could simply be just a little bit of shock, i can't tell for sure without seeing her. just be careful and be patient, this could last a day or it could last years.

to; trey
thanks so much, i appreciate it.

jeffrey almost couldn't believe the text he had gotten back, that sounded absolutely crazy and margo was anything but that, dramatic? yes, but not crazy, she was a smart girl, jeffrey highly doubted that's what was happening inside her head, but he wouldn't rule it out, not when he wasn't the professional in the situation, and he would believe/do anything to get margo back to her old self.

margo finished half the meal which she considered a success with her lack of appetite. she took her time getting changed out of her sleep clothes and putting on her outfit for the day, the weather man on the tv in the living room said it would reach the higher eighties as the day progressed with the sun shining, so the blonde figured she'd need something light to wear for the day considering she would be walking for most of it.

margo sat on the edge of her bed, grabbing her white sneakers from off the floor one by one, she tied the long shoelaces before standing to her feet. margo exited her bedroom and headed towards the hallway, when the door across from hers had opened up and revealed jeffrey, who had changed into a pair of black nike shorts and a white tee shirt. margo stood in place, her eyes wandering to his biceps showing. she was too focused staring at him she didn't notice him looking at her.

jeffrey swallowed the lump forming at the back of his throat. he walked towards the girl, meeting her in the middle of the opened hallway, he slid his hand past her hair and cupped the back of her neck. "you look pretty." he spoke into her ear, his voice low and raspy, his hand felt warm on her skin and his lips brushed against the shell of her ear when he spoke. margo's lips parted, her eyes locked onto the wall in front of her with jeffrey standing at her side. within a second it was over and jeffrey's hand disappeared from the back of her neck and he was jogging down the staircase, heading into the kitchen.

margo lingered in the hallway for a moment longer, collecting herself before joining the two adults down stairs.

|

animal kingdom was first on the list, margo's second favorite park, the wilderness setting and the animals on the safari ride were always fun, plus there was a part in the park dedicated to only dinosaur's and margo adored those. margo walked in between the two as they headed through the park, it wasn't past nine yet and the sun was already beaming, reminding margo why she always ended up wanting to leave sooner than the rest. it was bearable for a couple of hours, then she'd get cranky and jeffrey would have to take her somewhere inside with ice cream to rid of it, then restart.

"the dinosaurs!" margo exclaimed at the sight of the big, blue and orange letters sprawled across a large sign dinoland — mostly to jeffrey — as both her hands grasped onto his hand and tugged him into the direction of it. the man chuckled, following behind her. "they aren't actual dinosaurs, mar," diana said to her daughter as she trailed behind the two, her hand slipping into her back pocket to pull out her phone. margo rolled her eyes, ignoring her mother as her arms stayed stretched out behind her, continuing to pull jeffrey.

the park was surprisingly empty, not nearly as crowded as previous times they've visited. margo practically ran towards the large sand box, it's signs advertising it was half a mile long in size. there were small plastic shovels scattered around the place, there were "dinosaur bones" buried in the sand, margo's been doing this since she was little, every single year. she wouldn't stop the tradition now just because she was older, especially when it was empty.

jeffrey took a seat on one of the rocks right beside it, watching the blonde as she sat in the sand, crossing her legs under her and digging the purple shovel into the sand. she seemed to be coming back to herself already, which jeffrey was extremely grateful for. he couldn't help but grin to himself as he watched the blonde concentrate on the task at hand, the sun beaming down on her and her sunshine colored clothes making her tan pop. her hair looked like it was getting brighter as she got older — who had the luck of that happening to them? she did, of course — jeffrey couldn't help but sit and admire the girl, she really was breathtaking.

and she was his, that girl meant the world to him, the feeling it had given him when he thought her life was going to be taken from her and all he could do was sit there and accept it was something he would try his hardest to forget, but he knew he would never be able to. margo was something special, she was difficult at times and she liked to argue with him, but he wouldn't ever change one thing about her. that was his tink, and if she wanted him to sit on that rock all day long in the orlando heat while she searched for fake dinosaur bones in a sand box, he would do just that.

"lets go ride that!" margo was up and grabbing onto his hand again, pulling him into the direction of the dinosaur themed mousetrap. as jeffrey walked behind her up the metal incline that led to the loading dock of the ride, he thought about how much these made his head hurt, but margo was smiling more than ever and jeffrey would be the last one to ruin that, so he'd get back in line as many times as she wanted him to.

|

it was nearing one o'clock and they hadn't had lunch yet, margo's crankiness was starting to come out as jeffrey expected. margo walked with her arms crossed over her chest, a clearly irritated expression on her face. she had slipped on her pair of red heart shaped sunglasses in attempt to shield her eyes from the harsh sun, and her bottom lip hung out in pouting. jeffrey could tell she was trying her best to get her point across.

"it's hot," margo complained, dragging the word out as she dropped her shoulders forward. diana ignored her daughter, barely glancing backwards at her, as while jeffrey slowed his pace for margo to walk beside him. she was right, the temperature had risen to eighty nine and the sun hasn't went into a cloud once. jeffrey kept searching for someplace to sit for lunch and recharge, but most of the restaurants dining area was outside.

"we know, margo. but you're the one that we come here for so stop complaining." diana said to her daughter who was on the opposite side of jeffrey, him separating the two. margo clenched her jaw, stopping her legs from moving to stand still and glare at the back of her mother, all diana was ever successful in doing was making margo grow more agitated when she already was. jeffrey turned his head back to look at her.

when he glanced at diana and saw she had her nose deep into her phone and eyes glued to the screen, jeffrey stretched his arm out for margo, wiggling his fingers to signal for her to grab onto his hand. a grin spread onto margo's face as she took a couple jogs towards him to catch up, grasping her hand into his as soon as she reached him. gripping her fingers, jeffrey pulled her against his side.

"you're fine, princess. just stay with me."

|

jeffrey had to practically drag margo out of the park at closing time, she was exhausted, her feet ached from walking on them all day and her legs felt swore as if she just ran a marathon, her skin was clammy in dried sweat and she wanted nothing more than a bed to sleep in. jeffrey had margo on his back, hands gripping onto the underside to her thighs to keep her up, margo had her chest slumped against his back, arms wrapped around his neck and her head laying in the space between his shoulders, half asleep.

it was the only place margo felt safe enough to let herself drift off into unconsciousness. last night was rough, she couldn't get herself to be comfortable enough to turn the light off, the thought of sitting in the dark made her brain go back to the moments in the plane, it was within seconds everything went dark and the clouds were barely seeable. the light stayed on the whole night and margo barely slept, she wished she could stay with jeffrey, she'd never feel like that next to him, he made everything feel less scary, as if he could make all the bad things disappear. margo always felt like he could, he gave her such an overwhelming sense of comfort and safety.

the sun had fallen, the stars were out, scattering the dark sky, the moon lit their way as they headed towards one of the trolly's to take them to the jeep. the harsh white lights blasting from the ceiling of the vehicle made margo squint her eyes shut, digging her head in between jeffrey's shoulder blades in an attempt to block it out.

"i gotta put you down, tink," jeffrey spoke to the girl, waking her from her half asleep state. margo complained, shaking her head, though jeffrey was already reaching around and grabbing onto her, lifting the blonde off of his back and onto the bench seat, in between him and diana. margo tucked her legs up onto the plastic seat, wrapping her arms around her knees and hugging herself close in attempt to get warm as the trolly began to drive out of the parking spot and the wind began to blow through her hair.

jeffrey could see she was fighting to keep her eyes open, practically swaying back and forth. the man stretched his arm out across the back of the seat, with margo's half unconsciousness state she took this as an invitation to lean over and nuzzle her head into the spot where his outstretched arm opened up, his body radiated heat and she couldn't help but scoot closer to him. jeffrey didn't dare to glance at diana, nor did he have the heart to push the sleepy girl off of him, that would just be mean. their conversation last night was enough to make jeffrey wonder what diana was growing suspicious of.

when the trolly came to a stop at the lot the jeep was parked at, jeffrey looked down to see margo had for sure fallen asleep slumped against him, he scrubbed a hand down his face as he breathed out a heavy sigh. "she's your problem, you get her to the car." diana spat, clearly irritated as she stood to her feet, turning to the right to exit off the side she wouldn't have to pass jeffrey and margo. the man stared at the back of her, jaw clenching and his nose flaring. margo quietly whined in her sleep at the cold gust of wind that blew by and that brought jeffrey's attention back onto her instead of shooting daggers at the back of his wife.

"c'mon, baby, i gotcha," jeffrey whispered to the girl as he gathered her up into his arms, collecting her arms and legs to wrap around him, he knew it would only worsen things with diana to carry her on his hip but he didn't know what else to do, he couldn't get her on his back without margo's help to assure she wouldn't fall and get hurt. so he placed the blonde on his hip and easily carried her to the car that way, letting her remain asleep against him.

margo would never be a problem to him, but diana surely was becoming one.

his wife was seated in the passenger seat when he reached the jeep, he opened the back door and carefully placed margo in the seat behind his, bracing his hand on the back of her head to assure he wouldn't accidentally bump it against something. after clicking her seatbelt into place, jeffrey softly closed the door. he opened the drivers side door and quietly closed that one, too.

diana scoffed, shaking her head with her eyes glued to her phone in her hand. the woman let out a bitter laugh after that, thus causing jeffrey's fingers to wrap around the steering wheel, squeezing it hard and his teeth clenching together with his gaze straight forward. he could not blow up, she had the authority to rip margo away from him, no matter how badly he wanted to tell her to go to hell, he couldn't. and one glance to the sleeping girl behind him made it worth having to keep his mouth shut.

|

"mm, jeff?" margo began to wake at the shifting around her, the surface under her changing quite a few times. her eyes blinked open to reveal a dark room, but she could feel jeffrey's hands on the undersides of her thighs, lowering her onto her bed. "yeah princess, i'm right here," he was whispering, as he seated himself down on the mattress beside where she was laying, beginning to lift up the comforter and place it over the girl, making sure she was covered everywhere.

"can you stay with me?" margo sleepily asked, her hand reaching out to stroke her fingertips over jeffrey's arm. the man swallowed, shaking his head, he wished he could, they both always slept so good when they were next to one another. "i can't, sweetheart. but i'm just across the hall if you need me, alright?" jeffrey responded, picking up his hand to smooth it over her forehead and roaming to the top of her head, brushing her messy baby hairs away from her face. he was grateful for the darkness so he wouldn't have to see the disappointment in margo's eyes.

"can you turn my light on then? i don't wanna sleep in the dark.." margo's timid voice trailed off, her eyes glued onto the man sitting in front of her. jeffrey furrowed his eyebrows, eyes narrowing as he paused, thinking for a moment, before deciding that no, she definitely did not always sleep with the light on, he would know considering he always checked on her in the middle of the night and her room was always dark. there was no she was going to get any sleep with the light on, and how was jeffrey supposed to go to bed after that? knowing margo was up and too afraid to sleep, he couldn't bear that thought.

"i wish you could stay.. i sleep good with you," margo mumbled, in a quiet tone. jeffrey breathed out a heavy sigh through his nose, lips pursing into a thin line as his hand began rubbing comfortingly up and down margo's thigh under the blanket. "i know, princess. but with your mom here i can't, i'm so sorry, but i can't." jeffrey whispered, his eyes never leaving the girl laying back on the bed, her blonde hair scattered over the white pillows. margo nodded, silently telling him know she understood.

"just remember that i'm not that far away, if you need me come get me, alright? i won't get mad if you wake me up. even if it's just you getting scared or remembering something, come get me and i'll stay with you until you feel better, okay?" it was the best he could offer, and he felt a little better with it. he knew if margo truly wanted him and got afraid during the night, she would go get him, despite her mother laying next to him. margo nodded her head, eyes glued to jeffrey's fingers that she had been playing with on top of the mattress.

"i want you to stay.." margo quietly whined, her fingers lacing through his, as if that would stop him from leaving. jeffrey leaned down to press his mouth against her jaw, his ears listening for any sounds of diana coming towards the room. as he moved his lips up to speak into her ear, margo had gripped onto his belt, tugging him closer.

"listen, babydoll. i love you so much, and i wanna stay with you too but i can't-"

"please daddy," margo interrupted him, her voice slipping into a begging tone. jeffrey closed his eyes, dipping his head to kiss behind margo's ear, then down the side of her neck, over her throat and back up the center to her chin, he stopped right there, hesitating as he breathed over her mouth. margo whined, squirming under him in attempt of telling him to keep going. jeffrey towered over her, eyes glued onto her mouth, he wanted to so badly, but not like this, margo wasn't in the right state of mind and even though he knew she'd be over the moon about it, it didn't feel right to kiss her while she was so sleepy.

"maybe tomorrow-"

"you're mean," margo pouted, her face scrunching up as her her hands came into contact with his chest to push him away from her, jeffrey moved back, creating a distance between the two. he sat in his previous position, looking at the girl. "yeah, you're just tired. go to sleep, tink," he didn't have the energy to argue with her nor did he want to, as he pushed himself up to exit the bedroom, margo immediately sat up, quickly switching her position to lay on her stomach and grabbed onto his hand, stopping him.

"margo, stop. i can not have your mom walking in here-"

"i don't care about her!" margo's voice raised, jeffrey turned quick sndnpopped his fingers against her mouth. "shut up!" he whisper yelled, staring down at the blonde laying on the bed, she rolled her eyes. jeffrey crouched down to be eye level with her, his one hand holding the back of her hair in his hands to where she couldn't move away with him.

"you better cut your shit now. i already gave you one pass, you're not getting another one. do not make me have to find a way to punish you, do you understand?" jeffrey's voice was stern but quiet as he forced margo to remain in eye contact with him. the blonde huffed, then tried to lay her head down against her folded arms below her but jeffrey held her in place, gripping the back of the hair on her head.

"i mean it-"

"okay!-"

"if you don't shut your fucking mouth i swear to god, margo. you're in so much trouble tomorrow, go to bed, now. i'm not fucking playing with you." jeffrey gave margo's hair one last tug before standing to his feet, visibly angry with the girl. on his way out he flicked the light switch on, opening the bedroom door and closing it behind him. margo swallowed, staring at the now shut wooden door, as if she was expecting him to come back. but she knew how jeffrey got when he was mad, she would have to make it up to him tomorrow.

margo cried into her pillows, she wasn't sure if it was because jeffrey told her she was in trouble, or because of the fact she couldn't turn the light off without getting flashbacks of a plane crash and that made her feel like a child, which was the opposite of what she was trying to go for.

margo slept for an hour that night and jeffrey couldn't stop thinking about her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 89 8
Just what the title says :)
74.1K 1.5K 133
❝i can be your hero, baby. i can kiss away the pain. i will stand by you forever, you can take my breathe away. ❞ when two enemies have to...
39.8K 1.3K 73
Nate Archibald x OC ©️ derekhalekolmlover S1-6
460K 6.6K 47
── as the title implies. requests are closed! sally face ─ imagines ©𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 closed.