seaQuest DSV - Season 1// on...

By multi_fandom_03

Our amazing adventure begins in the mid-21st century, as humankind expands its undersea colonisation efforts... More

NOTE
TO BE OR NOT TO BE • PART 1
TO BE OR NOT TO BE • PART 2
THE DEVIL'S WINDOW
TREASURES OF THE MIND
TREASURES OF THE TONGA TRENCH

GAMES

609 18 5
By multi_fandom_03

Waking up early, I shivered with coldness.

"Great, we must be here," I tiredly mutter as I remembered we were heading to the Arctic Ocean. Getting out of bed, I had a wash and then changed into some jeans and a crop top. Walking out of my room, I went across the hall to Lucas's needing to speak with him.

Knocking on the door, I heard yell saying come in. Opening it, I saw him laying on the bed reading some sort of magazine. Looking up, a big smile came to his face once he saw me. Looking at him, I started to blush lightly while stepping further into the room. Getting up, he came closer to me. As he was about to plant a sweet kiss onto my cheek, I quickly dodged it making a confused and embarrassed look appear on Lucas's face. This just broke my heart. 

"Lucas, I need to speak to you about something," I said as I walked past him and sat on his bed. Following straight after me, a concerned look was placed upon his face as he sat in front of me.

"W-what is it?" He asked with a slight stutter.

"I...I don't think we should carry on with what happened yesterday," I said looking down as I fiddled with his bed sheets.

"Umm, why?" He said with a chuckle as if I was joking.

"Do you not like me or something?" He added on making my head snap up to see his.

"No Lucas, I do like you...I like you a lot actually," I said, mumbling the last part but he still heard.

"Then what's the problem?" He asked softly, taking my hand into his.

"I can't love again...I can't trust again," I said, going back to avoiding eye contact.

"What do you mean?" He comfortingly asked as his thumb rubbed my hand in a soothing way.

"I don't wanna get my heartbroken again. I-I don't wanna lose you. I don't wanna have a repeat of last time," I said as tears came to my eyes

"Last time? Amy what happened last time?" He asked almost nervous.

"He-he hurt me so many times and he broke me completely. I can't go through that again Lucas...I can't," I spoke, whispering the last part.

"Amy, I would never hurt you. I promise," he said desperately.

"That's exactly what he said," I said as I thought back to that moment with him. Wiping away my tears, got up from the bed trying to compose myself.

"I'm sorry Lucas, I really am but I can't go through that, not again..." I said, finally looking into his eyes which were glossing over with tears. Without another word, I left the room with nothing but the feeling of pain.

Walking up to the front entrance of the ship, I saw Ford and Katherine were back from their mission. Walking over to them, I saw that they managed to get the prisoner and the warden. 

"What the hell is this?" I heard Nathan say as I finally got to them.

"It's the 6000 support chamber," I said looking to them all.

"Correct," a man said from behind me who I am guessing is the warden.

" It's top of the line in cryogenic transport," he added on as he walked closer to us all.

"Captain Bridger, Warden Briggs," Ford said he introduced the two men. As Captain put his hand out to shake the Wardens, he quickly moved his hand away making me confused.

"Oh, i'm sorry. It's Frost bite, many years ago," he said as he swapped hands making me suspicious. I felt uneasy around the warden, as if it wasn't him.

"I see," Captain said believing every word.

"Where's the rest of your people?" I asked wondering how he's the only one left.

"I'm afraid that there aren't any. My two assistants died when the power plant exploded. This is our only prisoner," he said looking to me, though I didn't believe it. Looking through the small glass window, me and Captain both looked at the man inside.

"Something isn't right." 

"Does he have a name?" I said, asking another question.

"Zellar. Dr Rubin Zellar," he said walking closer.

"Zellar? Bio war fare criminal?" Captain asked shocked.

"That's right," The warden said while Ford nodded.

"I believe the Dr has degrees in bio chemical engineering as well as nuclear physics and laser technology," the warden said making me confused as to why that needed to be said.

"He was your only prisoner?" Captain asked while pointing to the chamber and looking to the warden.

"Well Zellar is more than an inmate, he's a living case study. I'm a criminal psychologist," he replied.

 "Well I heard he had been captured...I'm not thrilled about having him on board," Captain said with an uneasy tone.

 "I don't blame you Captain, but I can assure you that he is of no danger as long as he remains in the Chamber," the warden said with a nod. 

"I don't mean to seem ungrateful but I if I could trouble you for some dry clothing, i'm soaked to the bone," the warden said with a shiver.

"Oh, of course, i'm sorry. Commander Ford will help you," Captain said as he looked from the warden to Ford.

"My pleasure," Ford said with a nod.

"Thank you," the warden responded, looking to Zellar in the Chamber.

"See that our friend here gets hung up to dry too," the Captain said as he walked off, me following.

"Hey Captain," I called as I moved quicker to catch up to him.

"Yes, Amy?" he asked as we walked together.

"Something seems off about the warden, don't you think?" I questioned.

"Well, what do you expect when you've been trapped down in the ice for years?" The Captain joked.

"Captain, i'm serious. Something seems off about him. I don't think you should trust him," I said seriously making the Captain stop and look at me.

"You really think something is off about him?" The Captain said looking right into my eyes.

"Yes, I do," I said with a nod.

"Okay...I'll be on guard around him," he responded before we carried on walking.

Once we had gotten to the control room, I went down to sit in the Captain's chair, it was the comfiest after all. Looking around the room, I started to daze off as I thought about Lucas. 

"God, I feel so bad. I wish things we different..."

Snapping me out of my thoughts, I heard the of the wardens voice.

"Of course," he said making me stand up and watch.

"I can however offer you a tour of the seaQuest?" Captain said as he stood up from leaning on of the the equipment. 

"I'd like that very much," the warden said with a smile.

"I'd be happy to show the warden around," Kristen said as she walked over.

"That would be great," the Captain said as Kristen and the warden smiled before walking off. Looking at them leave, the uneasy feeling appeared again making me decided to go after them. Slowly walking behind them, I followed them all through the ship until they came to stop not far from the crew quarters. Walking their separate way, Kristen walked to the crew quarters while the warden walked back the way he came. Deciding I wanted to talk to him, I stepped out in front of him with a smile.

"Hi warden," I said as I looked to the man.

"Oh, hello Amy," he said with a smile placed upon his face.

"Did Kristen show you everything properly?" I asked with a laugh making him join in.

"Yes, she did," he said as we walked down he corridor. Looking at him, something felt odd about the man that recently boarded our ship.

"So, you spent a lot of time with Zellar, right?" I asked making him nod.

"Yes, too much," he joked making me stop and look at him.

"Would you say it was enough time to, I don't know, trust him? Have him over rule you? Possibly hurt you?" I said looking straight into his eyes.

"I mean, after all he was a psychopath," I added on.

"You know, don't you?" He said with a proud smile upon his face.

"I have a guess, this just made it more real," I replied back with gritted teeth.

"Y'know, from looking around this ship, I didn't think anyone who have found out. Guess I didn't pay enough attention to you," he said, before taking me down an empty corridor and hitting me right across the head. Everything went dark.

Waking up with a gasp, I slowly opened my eyes to look around the room I was in.

"Missile control?"

Standing up slowly, my head hurt like a bitch as put my hand to it. I could feel something wet touch my hands making me bring them back down to eye level.

"Blood, perfect."

Stumbling over to the door, I went to open it when I suddenly heard his voice.

"I don't think that's a wise choice, Amy," Zellar said making me turn around to look at him.

"What do you want?" I questioned, closing my eyes and opening them after little black spots appeared.

"I want this ship. I want this planet. I want you," he said confusing me.

"Me? You want me? Why?" I questioned as I swayed side to side making Zellar approach me. Grabbing my arm, he set me down on a chair before tying me up.

"Because you were the only person to find out it was me before I placed any clues," he said looking to me as his breath hit my face. 

"And because of that, I wan you by my side. You're obviously really smart and I need someone like that for my new conquest. Plus, once in a while, it's nice to look at a pretty face," he added on, stroking my cheek at the end making me turn away from him.

After some time, the room started to become cold making me shiver. I mean, I was only in jeans and a crop top. As goosebumps travelled all over my arms, my teeth started to chatter together making Zellar stand up. Walking around to one of the back rooms, he came back with a coat and placed it over me.

"Th-thanks," I said looking to the man that was keeping me hostage.

"No problem sweetie," he replied back making me cringe and shiver at the nickname.

"Gross." 

"Time to go to sleep," he said before hitting me across the head again making my head drop and darkness appear. 

"Amy!" I heard someone shout making my eyes slowly open.

"Captain?" I weakly questioned once seeing the familiar man in front of me.

"Yes Amy, it's me, Captain. What did he do to you?" He muttered as I felt more blood roll down from my head and nose.

"Step away from the girl," Zellar said while coming into view.

"Seconds to spare. Amazing what a little motivation can do. You have only yourself to blame Captain," Zellar added on making both Captain and Commander Ford step closer to the madman. 

"What do you want now?" Captain questioned with a sigh.

"Ahh, a bottom line man, I like that. Take out your launch keys. I believe you carry them on chains around your necks," Zellar said with no emotion and a straight face. 

"You can't be serious," Ford said from behind Captain.

"What about you Captain?" Zellar questioned, a smug look placed upon his face.

"Do you believe i'm serious?" Zellar questioned, holding the ice covered toxin higher up. Reaching his hand down his white turtle neck top, Captain pulled out his key making my eyes go wider.

"Captain...don't," I said making him turn and look at me giving me a small smile before turning back.

"The keys are DNA coded, we're the only ones that can use them," Ford said glaring at Zellar.

"And so you will," he responded, his voice getting deeper at the end.

"You went through all this trouble just to destroy UEO command?" Captain questioned, moving around to the control panel.

"Oh, i'm gonna do far more than that. I'm going to demolish the whole charade of the new peace. When will people understand that there's a balance that must be maintained. Dark and light. Good and evil. Life and death. Without one there can't be two. They feed on each other, they exist only in relation to themselves. Like you and I, Captain," Zellar said a small smile placed on his face as he spoke.

"Your launch keys," Zellar added on, his face going cold and hard as he looked to Ford. Looking to Nathan, I saw he nodded his head telling Ford to do as he said. 

"Take it out Commander," Nathan said looking to a shocked Ford.

"Captain," he whispered back urgently.

"That's an order," Captain said back, his face becoming stern. Ford eyebrows scrunched together in confusion as he zipped his coat down, reaching for the key. 

"You realise you'll be held responsible for this," Ford said, walking to the other control panel which was placed in front of Captains. Ignoring the Commander, he placed his key into the hole, Ford reluctantly doing the same. Once both keys we in, the round cylinder that kept the buttons hid slid open for everyone to see. 

"Activate launch sequence on tubes 1, 3, 5 and 7," Zellar said while holding eye contact with Captain. Flipping up the switches cases, Captain looked to Ford before opening the missiles doors. 

"Prepare to active launch keys," Zellar said making panic invade my body.

"Cap, on my mark. 8...7...6...5...4...3...2...mark," Zellar said before both Captain and Ford turned their keys. 

"It'll be all over soon," Zellar announced once the missiles had been fired. 

"Alright, you got what you wanted. Now give me the toxin," Captain said, looking to it and then back at Zellar.  

"I don't think so," Zellar said, a fake sad looked place on his face. 

"You gave me your word," Captain said shocked as my breathing became shallow. 

"I lied," Zellar simply said before throwing it up in the air making Ford try and catch it. As it smashed to the ground, everything went silent as we looked to it. 

"Oh I wish I had a picture of your faces," Zellar said with a laugh.

"Priceless. Relax gentlemen it's harmless. A simply fungus, the worst it could do is give you a rash. Don't feel too guilt Captain, you had to believe me, I factored that into the equation," he added on. 

"I thought you might. That's why I did some factoring of my own," Nathan said making everyone confused.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Zellar questioned, the smug look clearing right off his face.

"At first I couldn't figure out what it was you wanted. What was the one thing this boat offered you? Then it hit me, power. That's why when you started this little game the first thing we did was disarm all the warheads," Captain said making me smile lightly. 

"You're lying," Zellar said trying to sound confident. 

"No, i'm not," Captain said calmly as I started to feel dizzy again.

"What's happening?"

"Ford," I weakly said making him turn towards me, a worried looked placed upon his face.

"M-my head...it hurts," I said as tears brimmed in my eyes. Kneeling down in front of me, he undid the ties setting me free. 

"It's going to be okay, Amy. Don't worry," he said comfortingly. 

"I don't think so," I heard a new voice say making me see Kristen walk into the room, a gun in her hand. 

"Kristen?" The Captain questioned shocked. 

"No. He deserves to die," she said as she walked further into the room. 

"That may be true but that's not for us to decided. Why don't you give me that thing?" Nathan said, reaching for the gun when Kristen turned and pointed it at him. This made Ford stand back up and look to what was happening.

"Don't," she quickly said making Nathan step back. 

"How could you?" She questioned as she looked to Zellar.

"You don't even remember, do you?" She asked, a sad look on her face while Zellar looked confused. 

"Innocent people die and you don't even remember doing it," she added on.

"I've killed a lot of people, you can't expect me to remember everyone," he said, not taking his eyes off Kristen. 

"Try Dr James Westphalen. He was in charge of the A247 Research Team," she said, pain written on her face as she spoke. 

"How unfortunate for him," Zellar replied back making my blood boil. 

"Listen to us, he's messing with your head, that's his game, that's what he does," Captain pleaded as Kristen walked closer to Zellar. 

"Now why don't you just put the weapon down," he added on.

"I have to finish this," Kristen breathed out.

"Then finish it. Go ahead. Shoot me. Come one, go ahead. Shoot me," Zellar snapped, egging Kristen on. 

"I don't think so," Kristen replied, reaching for something from out of her pocket. 

"That would be too easy. I have another idea," she added on as I saw she pulled out a glass test tube containing some sort of liquid. Opening it up, Zellar's face dropped. 

"You're not the only bio-chemist aboard. I want you to know what the others felt. What my brother felt," she said, coming in within 3 feet of Zellar, holding the tube right up to his face.

"Captain," Zellar said, his voice shaky as he looked to Nathan. 

"Don't ask him! Ask me! Well? Do you want to live, or do you want to die?" Kristen snapped making me jump slightly. 

"Hmm? Answer me!" She added on angrily.

"...I want to live," Zellar answered looking at the test tube. 

"Well I don't think so," Kristen said before throwing the substance over Zellar's face making him scream in pain. Suddenly, the screaming stopped as he wiped his face and looked at his hands. Tasting it, he looked to Kristen shocked.

"Checkmate," she whispered as a tear rolled down her face. Handing the gun to Ford, she turned around and left the room, needing to be alone.

"Put him on ice Commander," Captain said making me sigh.

"No, you promised. You gave me your word," Zellar said making me roll my eyes slightly. 

"I lied," Captain said back making me chuckle weakly before Commander Ford grabbed his arm pulling him out of the room.

"I'm still here," I groaned out making the Captain turn around with wide eyes. 

"Amy! Yes, of course," he quickly said, rushing over to me ad quickly helping me up. 

"Sorry, so much was going on," he said as we walked out of the room.

"It's fine Captain, I understand," I said with a chuckle. Just as we turned the corner, I saw Lucas rushing over to us.

"Amy!" He shouted, engulfing me in a tight hug making me wince in pain slightly. 

"I-I was so worried," he said letting me go and just looking at me.

"I'm fine Lucas," I said with a smile placed on my face.

"Hey Lucas, would you mind taking Amy down to the med bay? I've gotta sort something out with Zellar," Nathan said with a sigh.

"Yeah, of course," Lucas responded, putting an arm around my waist and helping me walk.

Once we had gotten down to the med bay, they quickly gave me a room. Once the doctors had assessed me over, the gave me butterfly stitches on my head and lip before saying that i'd be fine in a couple of hours. Once everyone had left Lucas just looked to me making me think about earlier this morning.

"Amy...I umm, I read your file," he said making me look to him. 

"I guess I wanted to find out what happened," he added on making me gulp slightly.

"Did you?" I asked looking down. Standing up, he go into the hospital bed with me letting me rest my head on his shoulder. 

"Yeah...I did. Amy, i'm so sorry that...that he raped you," Lucas's quiet voice said. The word made me queasy as I thought about it. 

"I understand why you don't want to be with me right now so it's alright," he said making me smile. 

"Thank you Lucas but I...I don't want you waiting for me, okay? If-if you find a girl that you like, hell, even love, then go after her, okay?" I said looking up to him.

"O-okay," he said with a nod.

"Can we still be friends?" I asked, looking down, wanting the answer to be nothing but yes.

"Of course, are you stupid?" He joked making me laugh.

"Can we stay like this for a while? It's nice," I softly whispered into Lucas's chest making him nod.

"I would love to," he said, giving me a kiss on the head as my eyes closed. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I do want to say a few words though.

If you have ever been raped, sexual assaulted or mistreated like that in any way shape or form, please know that you are NOT alone and you do NOT have to go through this alone. There will always be someone there for you, even if you don't think there is. You must tell an adult or someone you trust as well if you haven't. Now, I know that might be hard but you can do it. I know you can because you are strong and powerful and you can do and get through anything. 

If you do need someone to talk to though, i'm always free. I know I don't know any of you but I sometimes find it easier to talk to someone that I don't know.

Thank you :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 6K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...