TO BE OR NOT TO BE • PART 1

Nerves flooded my body as my Dad walked with me inside of the ship. Walking over to a table I saw Katherine which immediately put me at ease. Once seeing me, a bright smile came to her face making one appear on mine too. Walking over to me, she engulfed me in a tight hug. 

"It's so great that you're here," she said as she pulled away. 

"I'm glad to be here," I replied with a sweet smile, showing my pearly whites. 

"Where do we go now, ay? I gotta be somewhere," my dad said ever-so-charmingly making me roll my eyes. 

"Don't you want a look around, Mr Walker?" Katherine kindly asked. 

"No, I don't. I'd rather get going," he said, looking as fed up as ever

"Just leave then. I've got my bags so just go," I responded as tears came to my eyes. 

"God this has escalated quickly," I mentally said. 

"Fine. I'll see you when you're back," he spoke and without another word, he was gone. 

"I'm so sorry about him Katherine. Best day of my life and he's acting like a dick," I mumbled making her laugh. 

"Don't worry about Amy, come one. Lets show you to your room," she said with a smile. Walking down some steps we started walking through the corridors. By the time we got to my room, it felt like we had been walking for centuries. Opening the door, i was met with a essentially boiler room. 

"Sorry it's not brilliant. Since you're here as a minor and for work experience, you don't get the dorms like the actual staff, even though you'll be working like them. It's hard to explain but this is you room," she spoke making me laugh.

"It's fine...I love it," I said reluctantly making her laugh.

"Well, Lucas, the boy I was telling you about over the phone, lives right across the hallway to you. He's about your age and he's here because of similar things to you, maybe get to know him?" She said making me nod my head. Looking at her watch her eyes grew wide as she noticed the time.

"I best get going. I've got to get to work. Have a look around the place. I'll see you later," she spoke quickly and before I knew it, she was gone. Putting my bag on the bed, I opened it up and started to unpack. Once I had finished unpacking, I walked over to the door, opened it and left. I decided to listen to Katherine and have a look around. 

Going back up deck, I walked into the one of the lab rooms and over to the pool. Over the phone, Katherine told me I would spend some of my time in here with Dr Kristin Westphalen and Lucas. Walking to the pool, I was met with a dolphin. 

"Hey buddy," I said as I gently stroked its head. Putting its head down and lifting it up, it splashed me lightly making me laugh. Lifting up my head I looked around the room until I saw a boy about my age sitting up the top near some stairs.

"That must be Lucas."

Walking over to him, I slowly peered over his shoulder to see what he was doing. Of course though, I was caught. Upon being caught though, I got to really see what he was doing. 

"Can I help you?" He asked sarcastically as he looked to me and i immediately got lost in his ocean blue eyes. 

"Damn this boy is hot...Don't get caught up! Be mean or something around him. Don't. Fall. For. Him."

Snapping back into reality, I looked back to was he was holding. Crouching down next to him, I took a closer look at the walkie-talkie like contraption in his hand. 

"That looks like a language adaptor of some sorts," I spoke, looking from the contraption to Lucas.

"What is it?" I added on harshly, just like he did first, making Lucas look at me surprised.