The Meledin Crystal

Por MelodySlays

5 centuries into the past, Melody Adair must find out the reason why strangers and mysterious people are afte... Más

Chapter 2 ~ Pink And Plump.
Chapter 3 ~ Good Luck.
Chapter 4 ~ Begin The Search
Chapter 5 ~ Portal activated.
A/N

Chapter 1 ~ The Beginning

27 2 12
Por MelodySlays

"5 centuries ago, two twin sisters were born in a place called Maldonia. One child controlled light, her magic was powerful, strong, and it calmed all people. They played, laughed, danced in her light. The other controlled darkness, the moonlight shone with beauty and it was equally as powerful.

Before they were born, a powerful sorcerer that goes by the name of Refono, created a crystal that protected the two children from any danger, requested by the king and queen.

The crystal was very powerful and could only be controlled by the people of Maldonia. It created a barrier around the village and it kept all the dangerous monsters away from the kingdom.

Everything was in peace and harmony. Until the two sisters finally grew up.

At the age of 15, the kingdom of Maldonia needed a new queen. And the one who controlled darkness, her name was Cordelia, believed she was the soon to be queen.

She believed that she was stronger, more responsible, and more powerful than her sister. She thought of all the power she could have. She couldn't wait to have control over the crystal.

But, on the day of the crowning, the new queen was no other than her sister, Ophelia.

Ophelia was happy to become queen, but she was not happy of how her sister reacted.

Cordelia was devastated and disappointed. She was very very angry. Her hopes and dreams were shattered. The skies became dark, the trees and plants withered, and every living creature turned into bones and ashes.

Only the crystal remained with power.

Cordelia cursed the lands of Maldonia and left with the vow that she would come back to take her rightful throne. She vowed that she would become much much stronger and prove that it was a mistake to make her sister the queen and not her.

Cordelia even tried to kill her own parents. Because she left, the crystal grew weak in power. The barrier weakened but Ophelia still had power over it.

Soon, her parents died and she was the only one left to take care of her people. But because of the kindness and determination to make the kingdom great again, the kingdom was safe. But monsters and evil creatures lurked every night in the forests.

3 years later and the kingdom was in peace and harmony. Ophelia was able to control the crystal on her own and made new allies with different kingdoms and villages. She healed the injured and the hurt, she gave hope and happiness to all, she boosted the courage of her warriors.

But 4 major kingdoms ruled beside her, the kingdom of Cealum. The kingdom of Alitura. The kingdom of Mare. And last but not the least, the kingdom of Magus.

All 5 kingdoms created peace and prosperity through the whole world. But that was until Cordelia attacked.

Targeting the 5 kingdoms before taking out the weak ones.

The queens of Maldonia and Alitura, together with the king and princess of Caelum, also with the king of Mare, and with the strongest sorcerer of Magus, they all fought together for justice.

Alas, victory was on there side... But the war was not over."

•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

"How many times are you going to read that fantasy story?" Jane asked me.

"It's not a fantasy!" I said.

"Yeah because people with magic powers and a giant crystal is an everyday thing." Chris said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes. "Look, I know magic and a giant magical crystal doesn't exist, but, the symbol on this book is the same as the on my necklace. Don't you think that means something?" I said.

The two stopped what they were doing and looked at each other weirdly then at me.

"Okay... So what? Maybe it was just a coincidence." Jane said.

Yeah. It was totally a coincidence that my family's most prized possession, especially from my mother, was now a fictional story book for children. Mhm becauee that makes total sense.

I looked at her without any emotions on my face and raised an eyebrow.

"Hey, you never know. It could be." She said.

I sighed and closed my notebook.

"By the way, did you guys hear? There's gonna be transfer students from Prickston High School. One is in our level and the other is a sophmore." Chris said.

"Prickston High School?! Seriously? That school sucks. Why would they be there in the first place?" Jane said.

Chris just shrugged. "But, I did hear that they're famous in... Well almost all of Asia, but they aren't asians."

"Asia? What's that? Is that like a state in France or something or...?" Jane said.

OMG, I am so freaking done. "Are you serious?!" Chris and I both exclaimed causing Jane to jump.

"What?! What did I do?!" She asked. I slapped the palm of my hand on my forehead and Chris shook his head.

Jane pouted in confusion. "Janette, Asia is the largest continent in the world, and where your great grandmother came from." I said.

She went silent for a moment and looked as if her head was about to explode from all the thinking she was doing, then, her eyes finally went big and her body went straight.

"OHH!! Yeah! I forgot." She said.

I sighed. Well, Jane isn't exactly... the smartest, you know? But Jane is smart... When it comes to fashion and love. Other wise, her academics are something that need a lot of working on.

"Hey what time is it?" I asked.

Chris looked at his wrist watch and furrowed his eyebrows.

"It's already 4:18 pm. We've been sitting in the park for 4 hours and 18 minutes? Wow. Time really does fly by when your with people you love." He said.

"Eww he's getting all sentimental." I said.

He chuckled and Jane just put her hands on her face.

"What's wrong Jane?" I asked.

"Hmm? Oh uh... My face is just cold." She said as she looked back up. Her cheeks and her nose were a pretty pink. And so we're her lips actually.

I wish I was as pretty as her. Not for fame or anything like that... It's just so that I can be proud of something that I own. You see, Jane is a natural beauty. She doesn't need make up to look pretty. When she does put some on, she just enhances her beautiful face.

Me on the other hand, I look like a small little dog with big round glasses. Like a chiwawa. No offense to those who find them cute.

When Jane and I were younger, she would always want to try on some new clothes. And asking my opinion for it. Dude, I know nothing about clothing. Or anything to make my self look appealing.

Honestly, it's probably because I've only grown up with boys.

I mean, I don't have a mom and I only have a 2 year younger sibling and a very caring and supporting father. Actually, Chris' family is like my family too.

His mom is very very kind to me and I'm very thankful for that. She lets me call her by her real name and she sometimes tells me that she can be my mom. And I am so so grateful for her.

I've never actually used the word mom. Ever. My dad said she died when I was three. So I wasn't able to grow up with another woman.

And trust me it was hard.

When I first got my period, I freaked so hard. I hadn't learned about it yet at that time but when I did, I screamed. I called for my dad and he told me that I was becoming a woman.

I panicked and quickly took the underwear off and I immediately thought I was dying. But thankfully I already had my own room at the time so I was able to run out of the bathroom and quickly get another peace of underwear.

Weird thing to talk about but you get my point. To all the girls out there, be thankful that you have your mom.

(Even though it was father's day when I was editing this. Oof.)

"Hello? Earth to Melody!" Jane waved her hand in my face and I finally snapped back to reality.

"Huh? What?" I said.

"You didn't hear a single thing I said didn't you?" Jane said.

I shook my head. "No sorry. Could you repeat it again?" I said.

"Nah it's okay. It wasn't something important anyway." She said as she was packing up her bag.

"We're leaving?" I asked.

Chris nodded. "Yeah, we should go before the sun is completely gone. Besides, your father doesn't like you being out when the sun is gone." He said.

I nodded. But it's really weird though, why doesn't my father like it when I'm out and the sun isn't out? I mean, is there something about it that makes you worry so much?

I took my backpack filled with notebooks and my favorite Aphmau pencil case. Yes, I watch Minecraft. Especially Aphmau.

Once everyone finished, we got up and headed to the parking lot. We headed to Chris' car that was parked right under a tree.

But as we walked, it felt as if someone was following us. I turned around and saw no one there. There weren't many people out here too.

"Melody? You good?" Chris asked. I turned back to him and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm fine... I just thought.. Uhh you know what, nevermind." I said.

We continued walking and finally reached the car. Chris took out his keys and turned on the car. The engine started and he drove out of the parking space and headed right to the exit of the park.

°•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>°

A few minutes later.

We finally reached my house as soon as it turned 5:14. The sun was almost completely out and the moon was starting to rise.

Jane was already taken home and Chris told his parents that he'd sleep the night here. Dad agreed of course, he's like a son to him. And Trevor and I, my brother, treat him like an older brother.

He parked the car in the driveway and we took our stuff and went out of the car. He locked his car and I went to the door and knocked.

When no one answered, I tried knocking again. But as soon as my hand was about to reach the door, it immediately opened and we both got pulled in.

My eyes widened and Chris almost fell.

"Dad what's wrong?" I asked him.

"Uhh.. Nothing. I just told you two to never stay out when the sun is almost out." He said. He looked... Panicked.

Uhm... That's weird.

"Why? I mean, it's not like we'd be staying out all night." I said.

"Just.. Just promise you won't stay out. You too, Chris." He said.

Chris nodded. "By the way, where's Jane?" My dad asked.

"We already took her home." I said. He nodded again.

"Okay, you guys can do what you want. I'll be in the study."

And with that, he left and Chris and I headed upstairs to my room. But before that, I went to check on Trevor and he was just in his room using his laptop.

"Hey Trevor." I said.

He turned to me and did a small head nod. "What you working on?" I asked.

"Oh, looking for a good movie to watch." He said.

"You should watch Split." Someone said behind me. I turned around and saw that Chris was standing there.

"Ha. No way. You are not watching that movie." I told him.

"What? Why not?" Trevor asked.

"Because! Just... Just don't." I mumbled.

"She's scared of horror movies." Chris said. I hit his shoulder. "Am not!" I argued.

"Yes you are. We watched Conjuring and you screamed so hard whenever there was jumpscare. It wasn't even that scary." He said.

"I-- Well that-- Uh.." I stuttered. He raised his eyebrow and smirked.

"Ah shut up! You're sleeping in Trevor's room tonight dummy." I said and went outside of the room. I heard them laughing. I rolled my eyes and shut my door once I reached my room.

Idiots. I sighed and went to my closet to get some clothes. I took them out and went to the bathroom to change.

A few minutes later I was finally able to get into comfy clothes but then, I heard a sound. Coming from my window. It was as if someone was knocking on it.

Okay... I don't like that. I ignored the sound and went to my desk. But then the knocking got louder and I jumped this time. My heart started to beat faster. I swear I can feel it so close to my rib cage.

The knocking got louder and faster. And I got scareder and scareder. I don't know if that is a word but that is what I am feeling right now.

I am not going near that window. There was a curtain so I wasn't really able to see if someone was knocking or it was just a tree. A few seconds later, the knocking finally stopped. And I was relieved. But I still didn't go near it.

I sat down on my desk and took my books and notebooks out for me to study. But then, a few minutes into my math homework, I heard the knocking again. But this time, it came from somewhere else. My bedroom door. I stood up and slowly walked over to it, still cautious of what could be on the other side. When I stood in front of the door, I slowly reached out for the handle. I took hold of the handle and slowly moved it.

Then, the door suddenly bursted open causing me to shout and jump. I fell to the ground and landed staright on my butt. I heard laughing across from me and I opened my eyes.

"Chris?! What-- Why are you still awake?!" I said.

"I knew... I knew you were scared, so I knocked on the window just right next to Trevor's and I saw your scared face." He then kept laughing an laughing.

Idiot. I stood up and slapped him on the arm very very hard. And my slaps are really hard.

"Ow! Holy-- Why do you hit so hard?!" He complained and rubbed the spot I hit. He pulled the fabric up and it was red. I smirked.

"Oh I'm sorry, did that hurt?" I said sarcastically.

He glared at me. "Be careful Melody. I still know your weaknesses. And you know I'm going to use them against you." He said.

Weaknesses? I don't have any. "What weaknesses?" I asked, cautiously. He then stepped forward and smirked. Uh oh.

He poked my side and I jumped. "No! Omg! Get away from me!" I said as he tickled me. I laughed and tried to run away from him. He held my arm and tickled my neck. "No! Please," I exclaimed. "I'm sorry! Sorry! Just stop!!" I said and tried hitting him off.

He finally stopped after a few seconds. My breathing was heavy due to the moving around.

"I'm sorry. But what you did really wasn't funny. I got scared." I said.

"Yeah.. Sorry, but it wasn't all my fault." He said.

"Whatever, I'm tired and I still have to do some homework. Go away now." I said.

"Okay." He said and left my room. I sighed. I've had to deal with that for 15 years, and now tht my brother does it as well, really doesn't help.

At least the homework will take my mind off of it.

•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

Hello people of the internet. Hope ya'll are doing fine considering all of the events that are happening. But yeah, I changed the concept of the story a lot because I found the other plot cringy. But this one may make a lot more sense. So yes, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

And I seriously hope that you guys will like this more than the other because the plot I'm thinking of right now is way better in my opinion.

Okay, bye bye for now!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

Lethal Lust Por Kit

Ficción General

239K 9.5K 40
[COMPLETED] Elijah and Jess had been unbreakable since high school, so it comes as no surprise to anyone when the young couple decides to tie-the-kno...
1.7M 67.9K 58
[COMPLETED] Wattys2018 Shortlist! PROMOTED ON COSMOPOLITAN.COM Highest rank #6 on Chicklit What's Hot List FOLLOW ME FOR EXCLUSIVE UPDATES ❤ ...
2.5K 273 34
After carelessly promising to marry the king of monsters, Elle wakes up to find herself trapped in a kingdom of mythical creatures. Soon she discover...
298 45 24
Amantha is not ready to be anything other than a wild, tomboy princess, but when tragedy strikes this unlikely royal is called upon to rule a kingdom...