The Dark Wizards are Rising

By fanboy_obsession

Once the Dark Lord had heard about the Prophecy, he knew what he had to do. He went to Godric's Hollow to kid... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 7

1.9K 66 13
By fanboy_obsession

Chapter 7: New Acquittances
Braxton's mind was completely blank, all he felt was a calming feeling. Like he was at peace with the world. He felt an attachment to something, no someone. Someone other than his twin brother. It wasn't unwanted, it made him feel safe and at peace, so he ignored that questions that popped up about it. He stayed in the warm comforts of the back of his mind where nothing could phase him. Usually he didn't escape like this when he was out of his Manor, but the detachment gave him comfort.

Braxton was in a library of books in the deep depths of his mind. This was his escape. Braxton was curled up in a chair with a book about the Darks Arts in his hands. He had read the whole entire library twice, which was quite an amazing feat since his manors library was over one hundred thousand books. Whenever he wasn't doing anything of importance he was in the library and his friends knew not to bother him when he was curled up with a delightful book. He had thrown way too many books at them whenever they tried to bother him. His friends knew to duck whenever they tried to talk to him the library.

"Braxton." A faint voice called out for him from the darkness around his library. The voice was comforting, luring him out of his haven. Braxton put his book down and stood up, confused of who could have called him. Nobody could branch through his wards around this place, even his twin brother. To see who it was Braxton cleared his mind and forced his consciousness out of his library.

"Lycoris?" Braxton muttered softly as he felt light on his eyelids. He groaned softly as the chair didn't do any good to his body. He muttered a soft spell that cured the aches in his body, not even fully realizing that he could do magic again. He didn't feel the ankle band anymore and he was beyond thankful. He opened his eyes and found the handsome dark-haired boy looking at him with a soft smile.

"It's Chris actually." Chris replied with a soft laughed which made Braxton blush lightly. He felt his hand still intertwined with the other boys, but neither of them made any objections.

"Sorry thinking about my twin brother." Braxton said automatically, not even thinking. It was like his mind trusted Chris with all this information. Chris tilted his head and his eyebrows came together in his confusion, which resulted in Braxton giving him the look of I'll explain later.

"How did you sleep?" Braxton asked softly with gentleness in his tone, which made Chris smile brightly.

"Quite well since you were here. Thank you for what you did." Chris replied shyly and Braxton nodded, not really understanding what he had done. He had been trying to activate that magic inside of him for years and Chris brought it out of him. If anything, he should be thanking Chris. When they would arrive at Hogwarts Braxton would need to have Salazar Slytherin's private dueling room where he could practice controlling his inner core magic.

"Really it was like a burst of adrenalin once I saw you in pain. It was like something took over me. It has never happened before." Braxton replied not knowing how to explain it.

"Whatever you did saved me none the less." Chris replied softly and gently squeezed Braxton's hand. Braxton laughed softly and moved a strand of hair out of Chris's face.

"I won't let anything hurt you. There's an attachment between us, I can't really explain it." Braxton replied and Chris smiled as he seemed to know the answer to the question, which made Braxton a little disappointed in himself. Usually he had the answer to everything.

"Every witch or wizard has soulmate. Once they meet they become connected and they're inseparable. Even though they physically just met each other, their souls have been looking for their other halves for years. I felt my soul link to you the first moment we met. The way your magic reacted when I got hurt, it just helps prove that you're my other half." Chris replied and Braxton looked away from the captivating deep brown eyes. He had read about this in books but heard that only a small portion of wizards got to meet their soulmates, Braxton never thought it important to find his so he never looked. His brother had found his, so he thought that was enough. His brother could produce heirs for their empire with Lauren so he really didn't need to worry about his line.

Braxton also knew that once you met your soulmate it would be painful to be separated from them. It was like how he was with Lycoris if they ever separated for extended periods of time, but he had heard it was worse. Braxton was linked to Lycoris and now he was linked to Chris. The bond between them also meant it would be hard to lie to Chris about his true intentions, or why they were here. He wasn't sure on how Chris would take it that he was a spy and was going to kill all of Chris's family. Probably something he shouldn't mention.

Chris stopped him from his thoughts as he grasped Braxton's chin to make him look into Chris's eyes.
Braxton looked straight into his soulmates captivating eyes and he felt the lust and love that came off of Chris. Chris leaned in and closed the gap between them, placing his soft and delicate lips onto Braxton. Braxton was taken by surprise, but once he regained his composure he quickly took over showing who was dominate. Braxton pushed deeper into Chris as they're tongues clashed and fought, getting a feeling for each other. Braxton pushed himself onto Chris and climbed on top of him. Braxton put both of his hands-on Chris's head as Chris's hands roamed Braxton's body. Braxton had never been touched like this. It felt so good. A moan escaped Braxton's mouth as they continued to snog.
Braxton pulled away from Chris's needy mouth as he felt magical signature from outside the door. They both panted as they stared deep into each other's eyes.

"The others are coming." Braxton whispered with a frown. He gave Chris another soft kiss and then quickly went on his bed, just in time for the door to open. Braxton sat up straight in his bed as James, Sirius, Remus, and Dumbledore walked into the room. Remus and Sirius bolted over to their son to check him over to make sure he was fine. Chris was perfectly healed because of what Braxton did the day before. James went over to Braxton to copy what Remus and Sirius did. He didn't particularly care for the boy, but he had to at least try to act like he did. James stood there awkwardly next to Braxton.

"Glad to see your both awake." Dumbledore said with a twinkle in his eyes, which made fire shoot up in Braxton. He hated the twinkle, it was obviously fake and was used to manipulate people.

"Glad to be awake after what happened." Chris replied with a smile, completely having gained his composure after the snog session they just had.

"Do either of you remember what happened?" Dumbledore asked as the other adults stayed quiet, just listening.

"I don't remember much. Just being hit with a nasty curse and then everything went dark." Chris lied, which made Braxton smirk in his mind, but he kept a straight face making sure to not show any emotion.

"All I remember was trying to defend Chris, but not being able to because of that wretched ankle band." Braxton spit back with a dark look in his eyes.

"You know that the ankle band was a part of the agreement, you-" James Potter yelled through gritted teeth and glared at Braxton, but was cut off by Dumbledore.

"But it seems that you somehow got the ankle band off and saved Chris. How did you manage to do that, my dear boy?" Dumbledore replied back and Braxton glared at the older man, completely ignoring James Potter. He kept his temper in check, not wanting to somehow upset Chris.

"I don't know. Once I saw Chris get hurt, something went off and I couldn't control myself." Braxton replied back, trying to keep the anger out of his voice.

"For the time being your ankle band will be kept on, but in due time I feel like you won't be needing it anymore." Dumbledore said and smiled brightly. Braxton concealed the grin that was tempted to plaster on his face. Everything was falling into place. Dumbledore was starting to trust him because he saved Chris's life. Dumbledore went over to Braxton's side and took out the disgusting band from his robes. Braxton's ankle wasn't under the covers so Dumbledore put it securely around Braxton's ankle.

"Now you boys rest up. You'll be needing your sleep since school does start again in an almost a week." Dumbledore said and smiled.

"Dad, Papa? When are we going to get our school supplies?" Chris said looking up at his fathers.

"Whenever you'd like, son. I know Ryan's getting antsy to go." Lupin said with a smile and Black laughed softly. Braxton tried not to raise his eyebrow. Lycoris getting antsy, to go to Diagon Alley? Braxton was pretty sure the only reason he was getting 'antsy' was because he hadn't tortured or killed anyone in a while. And even then, that probably wasn't true. He mostly went back to his regular form to help with the raid. Braxton was still a little pissed off about not being informed about it, but he knew they couldn't have told him. He wasn't even sure Lycoris could talk to their Father.

"Can we go today? I feel so much better, thanks to Braxton. I don't even feel like I've been injured." Chris said and looked over and smiled at Braxton. Braxton couldn't conceal the smile that quickly showed up on his face. Braxton cursed himself as he couldn't stop himself.

"Are you sure?" Sirius asked, scanning his oldest child for any sign of injuries to try and stop them from going. James was staying quiet, to Braxton's surprise.

"I'm positive. Can Uncle James and his family come too?" Chris said and Braxton muffled a laugh. Chris was such a charmer and he was sure that Chris always got what he wanted.

"I uh-." James started, but was cut off with Chris pouting softly.

"Please Uncle James? I know Jonathan and Ryan would have so much fun running around Diagon Alley together doing their school shopping for their first year at Hogwarts." Chris said and pouted. Braxton knew that Chris's pouting would be used on Braxton a lot, which would make Braxton give in to anything that Chris would ask.

"Alright then, we'll accompany you." James said, finally giving in, Chris making a compelling argument.

"You boys try to get some sleep. Your families will be back in a couple hours to wake you up so you can get ready to go to Diagon Alley." Dumbledore said and Chris nodded, Braxton just stayed still not wanting to even acknowledge Dumbledore. James went over to Dumbledore and the other two adults joined them.

"Thank you, Braxton, for saving my son." Remus Lupin-Black said with a smile of gratitude. Braxton nodded as acknowledgment, the only thing he would give the adult. The adults left the room leaving them alone.

"Do you feel like sleeping?" Braxton asked him with a mischievous smile on his face. Chris laughed as he swung his legs off the bed.

"I can give you a tour of the castle, my love." Chris said and made his way over to Braxton. Braxton raised his eyebrow at the nickname.

"I'd first want a tour of you." Braxton said and got up. They both instantly grabbed each other, their lips locking, fighting for dominance. Braxton won, but Chris had put up a good fight. Braxton pushed Chris against the wall as his hands started to explore the other boy. Braxton started to trail kisses down Chris's jawline, which made the boy moan.

Braxton then released from the other boy, making Chris pout.

"My family always called me a tease." Braxton said and took hold of Chris's hand ushering them out of the room, after making sure nobody was outside the door. The tease part was true, but they called him a tease about him torturing. He always dragged it as long as he could, hearing their screams of pain always made him feel so powerful.
-0-
The two managed to go through most of the tour without snogging, even though Braxton was very tempted to push Chris against the wall. The castle was full of the morning daylight, it being almost close to noon. They had just finished with the Astronomy tower and they were making their way down the stairs.

"Sorry if I'm prying, but why do you have the ankle band on?" Chris asked softly as they held hands.
"Dumbledore doesn't trust me with free range of my magic. I come from a pretty dark family." Braxton said with a soft chuckle.

"Is Dumbledore even allowed to do that?" Chris asked with surprise. Braxton was glad that Chris didn't seem upset about the dark family part.

"That was one of the conditions of coming here. Once school started he would replace the ankle band with something that would allow me to use some of my magic, but limit it." Braxton said and Chris frowned.

"Why would he do something like this?" Chris said and Braxton just shook his head with a laugh.

"My dear, you do not know Dumbledore like I do." Braxton said, which made Chris look up at him confused.

"What do you mean?" Chris questioned back and Braxton just laughed.

"In due time, you'll find out." Braxton said and Chris stopped pressing on the matter.

They walked down the stairs and into the dungeons so Chris could show him where the Potions class was.

"This is where we have Potions with Professor Snape." Chris said and Braxton laughed as they reached the door.

"I wondered when we would hit Severus's classroom." Braxton said and Chris raised his eyebrow at Braxton.

"You know Snape?" Chris asked surprised. Snape was always rude to the Gryffindors so he always saw the Professor in the worst of lights.

"Yes, he's my godfather, but don't tell people that. It'd like to keep it down low." Braxton replied and then knocked on the door, hoping that Severus was inside. Barley anyone knew about the connection he and Lycoris had with Severus, it was incredibly awkward when Severus found out that one of his godsons were dating his daughter.

"Come in." Severus yelled from inside after a second. He was most likely getting ready for the upcoming school year.

"Wait here. I want to speak to my godfather in private. I'll be back in a couple minutes." Braxton said and kissed Chris softly so he couldn't object. He then released from the kiss and quickly went into the room, shutting the door behind him. Severus was at the desk in the front of the room, there were desks in perfect rows with cauldrons on top of them. It was like the Potions classroom they had at the Manor, except this had more tables and was darker.
Severus looked up from his desk and he dropped the Quill he had in his hand. Severus quickly got up and ran over to Braxton and wrapped him in a hug, something very unlike Severus. Braxton chuckled and hugged him back.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again." Severus said softly, with relief in his voice. Braxton swallowed the lump in his throat, trying to make it go away. He had missed his godfather too. When he saw his father again he would most likely completely break down. He shoved the thought out of his head as he sunk into the embrace with his godfather.
"I'm sorry Sev." Braxton said softly as they released. Severus smiled softly and then proceeded to scan Braxton for any injuries.

"Does anything hurt? How are they treating you? How did you even get here?" Severus said, a million words a second, which resulted in a laugh from Braxton.

"I feel perfectly fine. James and Jonathan Potter are nuisances, but I digress. Lily and Nicole are fine, and I'm most likely going to take Nicole back with me to Slytherin Manor when the time comes. I feel raw dark magic in here. If harvested right, she'll be lethal." Braxton said and grinned.

"How did you get here?" Severus asked with confusion all over his face.

"It's a long story, that you'll most likely hear from Dumbledore soon. I'll be attending Hogwarts this upcoming year and Christopher Lupin-Black has been giving me a tour of the place." Braxton said and grinned. "Also, Lycoris will be coming this year too, disguised as Ryan Black so don't give him too much of a hard time." Braxton said, which resulted in a laugh from Severus.

"I'll try not to." Severus replied with a chuckle.

"I must get going, don't want to leave Chris waiting too long. Make sure to tell my father that I'm safe and that everything's going fine." Braxton replied and Severus nodded, pulling Braxton into another hug.

"Be safe, snaklet." Severus said and Braxton smiled sadly. Snaklet was his and Lycoris's childhood nickname from both their parents and godfather. The word bringing back so many wonderful memories.

"I will Severus. I'll be back soon." Braxton said and released from the hug. With one last smile, he left the room to rejoin Chris in the hall.
-0-
Both boys made it back to the hospital wing before the adults showed up. Chris had mentioned something about the medi-witch that worked here being on vacation and that she'd be back in a couple days.

Since Braxton couldn't do any magic, Chris had spelled them both a pair of clothes to change into. Braxton took the black robes and went over to his bed. Chris had pulled the curtain so they could change in private. Chris saying something about not wanting to tease Braxton.

Braxton quickly changed and then put his dementor cloak back on top of it all. He wouldn't go anywhere without the cloak.

"You decent, my love?" Braxton asked softly, in a silky purring voice wanting to pull the curtain back when Chris wasn't ready, but he restrained himself.

"Yes!" Chris called back and Braxton pulled back the curtain and grinned. Chris looked so handsome in the navy-blue robes. Chris was sitting on his bed and smirking.

Braxton walked over to Chris and straddled him, placing a soft kiss on Chris lips. Chris ran his hands through Braxton's hair, making it all ruffled up. Braxton deepened the kiss as he pushed Chris back on the bed. Braxton heard stirring from outside and frowned. The adults always managed to come at all the wrong times. Braxton quickly pulled away from the other boy and returned to his bed. He quickly fixed his hair as the door opened.

Lily walked in and smiled at the sight of the two boys. The uncertainty of Braxton completely gone, it was like she trusted him.

"I see that you two boys are already dressed. Everyone's waiting outside. We'll be flooing to Diagon Alley." Lily said and both boys got up with big grins. The joined Lily outside to see the ruckus of the children. The triplets were running around the hall chasing each other as Ryan, also known as Lycoris, was chasing them around, trying to get them to stop. Jonathan was running after Ryan, giggling. Nicole was sitting down on the floor next to Destiny Black talking, Braxton was barely able to understand what they were saying. Destiny could make some fuller sentences than Nicole since she was a year older.

"The boys were already ready when I went in." Lily said to the other adults in the room. Once the triplets saw Chris they ran over to him and ambushed him in a hug. Braxton laughed as Chris was tackled by the triplets. Braxton looked over and saw Jonathan and Ryan laughing. Once Nicole saw Braxton she squealed in delight and started to run over to him, the best she could. Braxton laughed and picked up Nicole and kissed her on the top of her head.

"Good to see you too, my little raven." Braxton said and grinned. He put her on his hip securely, her head resting in the groove of his neck.

'Why are you overfamiliar with the Potter brat?' Braxton heard Lycoris voice say through their connection.

'Can't you feel it Ly? She has some dark magic inside of her. If harvested right she will be a great threat.' Braxton transmitted back and after a second he saw Lycoris nod.

'I can feel it. So, she'll be blood adopted to our family and be made our little sister?' Lycoris asked and Braxton laughed softly, but nobody noticed.

'Yes, she'll be our new little sister. Her name will be Raven Gaunt.' Braxton responded and Lycoris thought for a second about the name.

'Lycoris, Braxton, and Raven. I like it.' Lycoris replied and Braxton grinned. He was glad that his twin excepted the new addition to the family. He just hoped that their parents would feel the same. The twins would talk them into it.

"Alright kids, let's go shopping." Sirius said ushering them down the hall, leading them to the teacher's rooms. He had learned from Chris that Sirius, Lily, and James taught there. Remus wasn't allowed to because of his blood status, but he stayed at the castle with his family. The triplets and Destiny got to live here without them even being of age to attend Hogwarts.

'So, what happened at the Quidditch Tournament? I was helping the death eaters fight and then I felt like your magic exploded. Almost all the death eaters were wounded. I heard Father was not happy, but his anger disappeared after he was told that it was your doing.' Lycoris said and Braxton sighed in relief. He hated making seeing his father, and merlin forbid that the anger was directed towards him.
'It was like father said about our core opening up. The way Chris was hurt triggered something inside of me.' Braxton replied, hesitant about continuing on his statement. He wanted to tell Lycoris.

'What's wrong?' Lycoris quickly asked, feeling something off about his twin.

'Chris is my soulmate.' Braxton replied back softly. A bunch of emotions flashed through Braxton's mind, emotions that weren't his. Anger, sadness, anxiety, uncertainty, and happiness.

'I'm glad you found your soulmate, but did it have to be a light wizard?' Lycoris replied back with a dry laugh.

'I didn't choose, my core did and you know that I put the dark first. If he doesn't want to go back to the dark with us, I will kill him.' Braxton replied back, his opinion not going to change. He hoped that it would never come to this, but if Chris kept fighting alongside the light then they were enemies.

'If that does happen, you will find someone else.' Lycoris replied back, comforting him. Braxton never wanted it to go that far. He was determined to make Chris dark, not matter how long it took.

"Hey what's wrong?" Braxton heard Chris say, bringing him out of his thoughts. He noticed that he was frowning, and he quickly covered it up.

"Nothing's wrong, my dear. Just missing my family." Braxton replied and Chris nodded.

"I get it, if I was ever separated from my family I would get homesick very quickly." Chris said and chuckled softly. Braxton smiled as he looked up at Chris.

"Being with you helps relieve it though." Braxton replied which made Chris blush a little. They finally stopped in front of a plain black door. Sirius went up to it and whispered something and the door immediately unlocked.

The went into the room, Chris and Braxton near the back of the group. Braxton looked around the homey living room. There were knick-knacks and pictures everywhere. One of them caught Braxton's sight. It was of a young-looking Chris flying on a broom chasing after a snitch.

'Oh goody, another bloody Quidditch player.' Braxton thought to himself as he rolled his eyes. It looked like Chris was the Snitch catcher, Braxton never payed attention enough to know what the positions were called, on the Gryffindor team since he had Red Robes on.

That surprised Braxton a bit. Chris always seemed like a Ravenclaw to him, the smarts were there. Chris probably only went to Gryffindor because his bloody parents were in the house.

They moved over to the fireplace and Remus grabbed the floo powder.

"Make sure to pronounciate your words." Remus instructed as they all lined up. One after one, they disappeared in a puff of smoke to Diagon Alley. Soon all was left was Nicole, Destiny, James, Remus, and himself. James would apparate with Nicole and Remus would do the same with Destiny, since the little girls couldn't floo. Braxton stepped into the fireplace and grabbed the floo powder.

"Diagon Alley!" Braxton yelled and threw the floo down. He was wrapped up in a puff of smoke and he soon appeared at another end. He was covered in black dust and he was wobbly on his feet. He coughed and stabled himself. He stepped out of the fireplace and looked around the huge room. There were fireplaces lined up along the walls as people flooed from all of over the place.

Braxton quickly joined the group and went next to Chris. Braxton heart the pop of apparition as James and Remus arrived with the toddlers.

"Good, everyone's here. Alright we'll split up to cover more ground. Sirius, Destiny, the triplets, Jonathan, Ryan, and myself will go off shopping for the boys first year. Lily, Remus, and Nicole can take Braxton and Chris shopping for their fourth year.
Nicole was then handed to Lily and pouted a bit wanting to be with Braxton, put she didn't verbally protest. The other boys and Destiny left, leaving just their group.

"Alright, I have Chris's acceptance letter, so we'll go off that for the most part." Remus said and they all nodded. Braxton would most likely have different books than Chris, so he wondered how that would work out.

"Braxton, when you get your exams done I'll send in an order for your books and you'll get them right before we leave for the Hogwarts express." Lily said, answering the question in his mind. Braxton nodded as his reply.

"Let's get going. We'll have more time to shop since the younger ones also have to get their wands." Remus said and Braxton snickered inside. He wondered how that would work out for Lycoris. He already had a wand, and it was rare that a wizard had two wands. They would be in that store for a very long time.

Braxton followed next to Chris as they walked out of the floo room. Braxton looked around as the afternoon sun hit him. There was so much going around in the Alley, so much excitement and energy flowing from the children to get their Hogwarts supplies. Braxton smiled softly, he always wanted to go to school, but their father never allowed them. The Dark Lord didn't want his children to go to a school were Dumbledore was headmaster, and even then, he didn't want his children leaving his side. Period. He was very protective over them.

"Alright first stop will be at Madam Malkin's to get you boys some robes. I'm positive Chris has grown half a foot since last year." Remus said, which resulted in a snicker from Braxton. Chris was a little bit taller than himself, he would have loved to see Chris short.

Remus seemed to not be watching Braxton as much. He seemed comfortable that Braxton was there, the same went for Lily. Braxton didn't know whether to be relieved or angry. He was the Dark Lord's son after all.

They walked into the store and the adults went into the back looking through all sorts of articles of clothing, leaving the 4th years in the front of the store to wait for Madam Malkin.

Madam Malkin was a squat, smiling witch dressed all in mauve. She went up to the front desk and started to jot stuff down on a piece of parchment.

"Hogwarts, dears?" She asked, not looking up.

"Yes ma'am." Chris replied politely.

"Another young man is being fitted up just now, go over there and I'll be right with both of you." Madam Malkin said and pointed to the other side of the store. Braxton's heart nearly stopped as he saw Draco being fitted by another witch. He couldn't believe his luck, oh Lycoris would be so jealous. Both boys went over to the footstools where they were to get fitted.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy." Braxton laughed, his voice full of relief. The boy quickly turned around his face fully pale as if he had saw a ghost. Draco was right about to jump off the footstool, but Braxton held his hand up and Draco stopped.

"Wouldn't want to mess up your robe measurements." Braxton snickered and Draco shook his head and laughed.

"Braxton, it's been awhile since I've last seen you. I didn't know that you moved from America." Draco said. Braxton was glad that Draco was following protocol and not revealing much.

"My parents had an awful accident so I was taken in by my Aunt and Uncle, Lily and James Potter." Braxton said and Draco scowled not liking the two wizards brought up.

"Ah, Draco, let me introduce you to Chris Lupin-Black, a gentleman that has caught my eye." Braxton said trying to change the subject from his supposed backstory.

"We've never at a proper introduction, it's a pleasure to meet you Chris." Draco said and Chris raised an eyebrow. Draco and his goons were always out hexing Ron and Hermione, Chris just got caught in the crossfire.

"The pleasure is all mine, Malfoy." Chris said, trying to put the grudge away. If he was on friendly terms with Braxton, then he would give Malfoy a chance.

The witch finished up Draco's measurements and snapped her fingers, the robes vanishing.

"Your all finished up, Madam Malkin will get your stuff ready and you can check out." The witch told Draco and he hoped down from the footstool.

"I'll see both of you at Hogwarts, for what seems to be an eventful year." Draco said with a smile on his lips. Braxton rolled his eyes playfully as Draco walked away. Chris stepped up to the footstool and started to get measured.

"So, how are you did you and Malfoy meet?" Chris asked curiously as the witch snapped her fingers and a robe appeared on Chris. She then started to take measurements and adjust the length of the robe by pinning it.

"His father frequently takes business trips on behalf of the british ministry of magic. One of those visits where to America where I lived. Draco came along and we met and became friends." Braxton said and Chris nodded. Braxton was lying about his relationship with Draco and he hoped that Chris wouldn't see through it.

"That's really cool." Chris said and Braxton smiled.

"So anyways, how's the professors at Hogwarts?" Braxton asked wanting to change the subject quickly, which Chris didn't catch onto.

"They're all quite far, except for Snape. He's always given the Gryffindor's a hard time. Didn't you mention that he was your godfather?" Chris asked and Braxton mentally swore at himself for giving out that information.

"Yes, my father and Severus are really good friends. My dad even attended Hogwarts before he moved to America and met my mother. That's where he met Severus." Braxton lied easily.

"So that means my parents probably know yours." Chris said and Braxton shook his head.

"Probably, but they wouldn't be on friend terms. My father was a 7th year when your parents were 1st years. He was Severus's tutor and they instantly become friends. My dad and Severus kept in touch after my father graduated and they became best mates. Plus he didn't want to be seen hanging around his little brother's friends." Braxton lied again and Chris nodded.

"I don't really know about my parents time at Hogwarts, only the mischief they caused with James and Peter. You wouldn't know Peter though, he's in Azkaban." Chris said and his eyes went dark at the mention of Peter. Braxton withheld his smirk. "He got a child killed and my family and the Potters never forgave him for that." Chris finished not mentioning the childs name, Braxton very well knowing that it was him they were speaking of. The witch quickly finished the robes and they switched places.

"I wonder what's taking the others so long." Braxton said as they were still in the back of the store looking through stuff.

"Aunt Lily loves shopping for new things, Uncle James always spoils her with new clothes." Chris explained and Braxton laughed.

"Of course." Braxton replied as he thought of the dresses she must have in her closet.

-0-
They finally finished getting all their supplies for the upcoming school year, with the exception of Braxton's books. They went into The Three Broomsticks and grabbed a booth. They knew it would still be awhile for the others to join them and by the time they got back it would be late so they would just have to floo home. Braxton and Chris sat on one side of the booth while Remus and Lily the other. Nicole was in a high chair at the end of the table.

Braxton had his hand wrapped up in Chris's underneath the table. He allowed some of his magic to flow freely and it hummed around them. Braxton had a smile on his face as he took in the lovely moment. They all had ordered Butterbeers and Nicole a sippy cup full of pumpkin juice, which was her favorite.

"So, Lily, I heard that you teach at Hogwarts." Braxton brought up knowing it would spark a nice conversation. Lily's face light up and grinned.

"Yes, I do. I teach Charms, my favorite subject. I received my Charms Masters a couple years ago." Lily said proudly.

"That's quite an achievement, especially for such young a witch." Braxton replied and Lily blushed. Braxton would be getting his own mastery soon, being the youngest person to ever achieve a mastery. For the few that did achieve the task of a mastery, they were usually quite in the old age. So far registered, Severus was the youngest to achieve their mastery at the age of 26. Braxton made a goal so many years ago to beat Severus's record.

"I wouldn't call myself young." Lily replied and Braxton smiled brightly.

"Jonathan is barely old enough to attend Hogwarts, I would call that young." Chris pitched in and Lily blushed deeper. Chris hadn't said oldest since that would mean Harry and Chris didn't want to bring that up.

"Well thank you boys." Lily replied. Nicole started to shake her pumpkin juice in her sippy cup and she accidently let go, it flinging in the air. With Braxton's lighting fast reflexes he quickly grabbed it before it could spill on anyone. He returned it to Nicole with a smile.

"Try to be more careful next time, little Raven." Braxton replied and Nicole giggled and held onto her sippy cup.

"Nice reflexes." Remus said with a laugh. Remus's reflexes were a little slower than his, and he was a werewolf. All other magical creatures had quicker reflexes than wizards, but Braxton had proved this wrong.

"Thanks, I have trained a lot for the skill." Braxton said and Chris's eyebrow raised as he laughed.
-0-
Braxton flopped back in his bed after a long day. The others had joined them as soon as their butterbeers were gone, which meant it was time to return back home. They parted their ways, Braxton saying a silent goodbye to Chris, wanting to stay with him longer, but knew he couldn't. He had also said his goodbyes to Lycoris through the connection, but knew they could talk anytime and they would be reunited soon.

Braxton rose from his bed as he changed into just sweatpants. He hated doing things without magic, the muggle way. He went into the bathroom that was connected into his room and brushed his teeth and washed his face. He looked into the mirror seeing his bright green eyes reflecting him, the same bright green eyes as Lily Potter. His heart ached as he thought about his birth mother. He didn't know what to do with her, he wanted to kill her but a part of him wouldn't let him. He still had a connection to the women, no matter how much Braxton tried to shove it away.

He shook his head and splashed water in his face. He quickly dried his face and climbed into bed. As soon as he fell asleep he tossed in turned, his mind battling with itself about the people that had formed a connection with him. This would be a long year.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 535 20
Harry Potter is kidnapped by Voldemort and his Death Eaters, compelling him to read books about his own life. As he delves into his past, Harry grapp...
808K 61.4K 54
❝If by my life or death I can protect you, I will.❞ The Chosen One is kidnapped from the Dursley household and it turns out to be the best damn thing...
534K 14.9K 82
the Potters stole the dark lords son. He finds out right before hogwarts. Follow him as he goes through wanting to be a riddle havung grown up a Pott...
90.2K 2.3K 22
Twins...twins were born in the Potter Household. The Lady didn't love them. Their third born was who they adored the most. These twins only craved lo...