Tethered North

By JessicaLouAuthor

{18+ COMPLETED} A war that destroyed the world. It came and it went, leaving death and chaos in its wake. In... More

Copyright
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Aesthetics
In Memory Of The Characters We Lost

Chapter 8

4.6K 297 570
By JessicaLouAuthor

I'm so fucking angry.

I'm angry at myself for putting her in that situation. It's my fault she was fucking injured, it's my fault for not being there to face my mistakes. She did instead, whilst I was getting sucked off by Anna.

I'm angry at the State for treating us like fucking shit, expecting us to do whatever they tell us without fighting back. I'm angry at the Germain bitch for acting like she's fucking God.

I'm angry at Emilia for making me feel like I need to help her, the sight of her tearing me up inside, forcing me to make sure she's okay. I may not want to be married, but I'm not a damn monster.

She looked so small in that bath, so helpless and vulnerable, I couldn't bring myself to leave her to wash herself, scared of what she might do. She won't tell me what they did to her, but I have a pretty good idea from the rumours I've heard over the years.

There's no fucking way that Emilia can go to the store, every movement looks like it's causing her pain. I might not spend a lot of time in the house, but she has no food and I'll be damned if that continues because of me.

Storming down the street, I stop in front of a ridiculously happy looking couple and glare at them, noticing the shopping bags in their hands.

"Where's the store?" I snap, their eyes widening at my tone before they stare at me. "I haven't got all day."

"Take the next right," the girl finally answers, pointing back up the street. "If you keep going straight for five minutes you'll notice the old Tesco on the corner of a roundabout," she continues. "That's where they serve partnered couples."

"Fantastic, thanks," I mutter under my breath before stepping around them and continuing to make my way down the street.

It takes me five minutes to spot the old sign at the entrance to the store and I stride in, all eyes instantly turning to me. I ignore them, instead eyeing the pick-up sign  and making my way over, glaring down at the young boy behind the counter.

"I'm here to collect food for the week."

"Address and name?" he replies, looking down at his clipboard. Address? I don't fucking remember. Is it number twenty six or twenty seven? Could it be twenty nine?

"I don't remember the number. Hudson Street," I snap. "Name is Zac Hastings."

"Zachary?" he queries, as he looks at the paper.

"What do you think?" I smirk as he shrinks back into his chair.

"And where is your partner?"

"At home. She can barely walk," I retort, crossing my arms.

"Barely walk?"

I nearly see red at his blubbering words, struggling to contain my anger as I glare down at the boy. "She spent last night in the fucking Cell. She's trying to recover from the torture."

"Oh!" The boy looks up at me, slightly startled before he glances towards an Enforcer at the door. "I'm sorry to hear that, but we have rules and Elissa Germain has made it very clear-"

I'm going to kill him. "I don't give a shit about the fucking rules."

"Excuse me?" The low voice of the Enforcer pipes up.

"She isn't here, I am," I retort. "I'd like to pick up our food."

"If you don't come together, you cannot have the food," the Enforcer warns, "and you spend some time in the Cell."

"Don't fucking threaten me," I snap, whirling around, scowling at him head on.

"You think you're above the law?" the Enforcer replies, pulling a baton out as he signals for another to come over.

I do nothing but scoff.

"Wait!" a small voice exclaims and I grit my teeth together at the sound, turning to face the blonde who is leaning against the doorframe. "I'm here! Emilia Burton!"

"Emilia Hastings?" the guy behind the counter retorts as he looks down at the clipboard. I'm sorry, Hastings? What the fuck?

"Yeah." She nods before turning her attention to the Enforcers who are still surrounding me. "Please! He didn't mean any harm, he was just worried about me."

"I don't need your help," I snap as she narrows her eyes.

"Okay. Here is your food for the week." I turn my attention back to the guy as he places two paper bags on the counter before glancing towards the Enforcers who still surround me.

"You gonna let me go or what?" I snap, watching as the one with the baton scowls, clearly debating what to do.

"Emilia!" a short girl suddenly squeals as she enters the store, hurtling over and pulling her into a hug. I wince for her as she lets out a pained cry, instantly pushing the girl away. "What's wrong?"

"Heidi." Emilia forces a smile at the girl. "Not now!"

A brown haired guy suddenly appears beside Heidi, his eyes scanning over Emilia causing my jaw to immediately tense, an urge to grab onto her coursing through me. "Emilia?" he says, eyes wide as he glances between her, the Enforcers and I.

"Sam," she greets, smiling slightly.

"What's happening?" he asks. "Is he...?" He trails off at the sight of my glare.

"Can we go?" Emilia asks the Enforcers, gesturing to the bags on the counter. "I don't think I can carry these myself," she snaps. I smirk at the one with the baton, watching as he slowly puts it away before taking a step back.

"You won't be so lucky next time." The Enforcer smirks and I instinctively take a step towards him, hands balling up into a fist. Fucking dickhead.

"Zac!" Emilia's hand appears on my arm, attempting to yank me back. Looking down at her pleading eyes I give in, turning and grabbing the two bags with one hand, the other wrapping around Emilia's waist in a swift movement.

"Whoa!" her friend Scott exclaims, hands up as he glances between Emilia and I. "Emilia, what happened to you?"

"Can we do this another time, Sam?" Emilia pleads, her arm resting on my shoulder, holding herself up. Damn, his name is Sam. It's a shame I don't give a shit.

"Has he touched you?" Sam retorts, glaring at me as I smirk. Really?

"No, Sam!" Emilia hisses, the Enforcers beginning to close in on us again, no doubt for making a scene. "I promise I'm fine! I'll come see you when I'm better." She assures him before nodding at me for us to leave.

"Who did this to you then?" Sam calls after us, grabbing onto her arm and making her cry out in pain. Fucking idiot.

"Get your hands off of her!" I order, dropping the bags on the floor and shoving him away.

"Don't touch me!" he yells back, striding towards us. He thinks he can fight me? Alright, game on.

"Stop it, Sam!" Emilia reaches out before I raise my hand to punch him, stopping him in his steps, "Zac hasn't done anything. I promise I'll tell you everything. Just, not here!"

Sam looks me over with a disdained filled gaze and I hold my smirk as I watch him. Who the fuck does this prick think he is anyway? Emilia's boyfriend?

Wait, was he Emilia's boyfriend? I know fuck all about her life before this, who she's been with, the boyfriends she's had. Why does that thought bug me?

"Fine," Sam spits through gritted teeth and I reach down, picking the bags back up whilst making sure to keep my arm around Emilia's waist.

"Let's go," I snap, leading us towards the exit, not missing the way Emilia looks back over her shoulder at Sam. For fuck's sake.

*~*~*

Zac and I have barely talked since we got back from the store. I know he's angry at the fact I came after him, but the truth of the matter is, I saved him. He's just too stubborn to admit it.

He yelled at me to sit down on the couch as soon as we got home, him clattering around in the kitchen, throwing the cans into the cupboard and slamming the plates down onto the counter.

He handed me a portion of pasta with a gruff "eat this" before disappearing back into the kitchen and ignoring me as I ate silently.

Once I finish, I force myself off the couch, walking out into the bland, blue kitchen and spotting Zac at the back door, staring outside. I place my dish in the sink before reaching in to wash it up.

"You don't have to do that," Zac says, watching me.

"I want to," I reply, moving the sponge over the messy plate and then placing it on the draining board. "Have you done yours?"

"I didn't eat," he replies, shoving his hands in his pockets as he continues to watch me.

"Oh!" I exclaim. "How come?"

"I eat elsewhere," he replies without hesitation, the words immediately causing me to fall against the counter, the sliver of disappointment that's running through me making it hard to continue to stand.

Of course he's going to leave. He's only stayed around all day because he feels bad. I never should have expected anything else, I don't know why I considered that this may have changed things.

"I should have known," I mutter, smirking at him before I turn away, making my way back into the living room.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Zac says to my back, following me.

"Nothing, Zac."

"No, come on," he snaps. "You have something to say."

He's right, but I won't give him that satisfaction. Turning back around to face him I cross my arms, ignoring the pain. "No I don't! In fact, I have absolutely fuck all to say to you Zac!"

"Liar." He smirks, leaning against the door frame.

"I am not a liar," I argue, taking a step closer to him.

"Then tell me why you just stormed away," he counters, the arrogant smile still on his face. The look has me absolutely fuming, rage building up inside me at the cocky grin.

"Because I don't want to look at you any longer than I have to!" I snap, crossing my arms as I glare at him, not missing the way his gaze moves to my cleavage at the action. Seriously? I know I've got pretty ample breasts, but every time I cross my arms Zac can't help but take a peek.

"Oh really?" Zac retorts. "You've changed your tune. Just two hours ago you were clinging to my side."

"Because I couldn't walk!"

"I told you to stay at home."

"Where would you be if I had?" I yell back. "In the fucking Cell!"

"I was fine." He scowls and I can't help but chuckle. He's an idiot.

"Oh really?" I smirk, mocking him. "You think fighting that Enforcer would have worked?"

He pushes away from the door frame, taking a step towards me, his eyes pinned on mine. "Emilia-"

"Look, neither of us like this, okay?" I snap. "We got paired up as a mistake," I continue. "So we can just continue to pretend that we are together in the public eye. Behind closed doors you can fuck off to wherever you go, sleep with whatever girl you want. I don't care."

"That's what this is about." Zac smirks, taking another step closer. I mimic his movements, taking one back, away from him. "Because I said I'll eat elsewhere? I'm going to my friends," he explains and I shake my head.

"I don't care."

"Yes you do."

"No," I say through gritted teeth, glaring at him. "I don't."

"I beg to disagree," he retorts, taking two large strides towards me. "It bothers you that I keep disappearing." He places a hand on either side of me as my back touches the wall. "You don't like the idea of me fucking someone else."

"It doesn't fucking bother me," I argue, not understanding why there is a gnawing feeling in my chest, one that is telling me I'm wrong. "Who do you think you are?"

"Would you prefer that I fucked you?" Zac asks, cocking his head as he leans in closer, his gaze moving to my slightly parted lips.

"No!"

"Are you sure?" He presses, moving one of his hands from the wall and down to rest gently on my waist, my breath catching in my throat at the close proximity and the forward, assertive actions he's making.

"Yes I'm fucking sure!" I reply sharply before my eyes focus on his lips, unable to control themselves. "Zac..."

"Emilia," he breathes out before his lips land on mine. I instantly lean further towards him, opening my mouth to give him more access. He greedily accepts, his tongue slipping in and caressing the tip of my own, shooting instant fireworks from my chest to the area between my legs.

He moves slowly, a gentle, seductive kiss that has heat building in my core, a small moan erupting from my lips as he grabs the back of my neck, forcing the kiss deeper, angling my face to continue, my insides stirring even more at the action.

I move my own tongue against his, attempting to give him just as much as he's giving me, meeting fire with fire. He seems to like that, smirking against my mouth before he runs a hand through my hair, gently tugging on it at the ends, pulling my face back further, up towards him.

With one final delve into my mouth he pulls away, letting go and shooting me his signature smirk. I watch him, chest heaving as I attempt to catch my breath, incredibly turned on. I never let anyone kiss me, knowing it leads to something more than just physical, but that kiss from Zac just opened Pandora's Box, leaving me craving more.

Before I can say anything he grabs his leather jacket from the arm of the couch and strides towards the front door, slamming it closed behind him as he leaves.

Asshole.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thoughts?

Vote, comment and share! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.8K 4.4K 52
[18+ COMPLETED] BOOK 2 A war that destroyed the world. It came and it went, leaving death and chaos in its wake. In the resulting turmoil England ha...
110 1 13
This is my first story ever so please be nice I promise I'll try to get better at it πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜³πŸ™. This story contains ⚠️( Domestic Abuse, Drugs, Seggs, Sw...
237K 9.3K 32
"𝑾𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓, π’˜π’† π’˜π’Šπ’π’ π’‚π’π’˜π’‚π’šπ’” 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓." _________ *OLD VERSION- WILL CONTAIN ERRORS. REMAKE BEG...
173K 3K 34
BOOK 1: GRIDLOCK BOOK 2: LOCK UP BOOK 3: UNLOCKED * it is advised to read the first two books in this series to fully enjoy the final book * ~~~~~~~...