The Assassin | Dreamcatcher

By Freyafx

Lee Siyeon is an assassin, trained in the art of murdering and part of a company run by Dami. And she despera... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Special Christmas Chapter
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Special Chapter No. 2
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Special Thanks

Chapter 35

1.1K 84 10
By Freyafx

"You're back. Anything interesting happen today?" Yoohyeon looks up from her laptop as Siyeon enters the flat tiredly.

"Meh." She shrugs. "We had a meeting and I got into a minor disagreement with another Senior."

"Minor?" Yoohyeon notes her exaggeration of the word with a disapproving expression. "Siyeon..."

"Everything's cool!" Siyeon reassures with a beam and sits at the table. She peers around to try and see what Yoohyeon is doing on her laptop.

"Don't worm your way out of it." Yoohyeon swivels the  laptop away from her sight. "You can only see, once you've told me what happened."

"Yoohyeon..." She sulks.

Yoohyeon fixes her with a stern stare.

"Fine, fine." She concedes. "He basically just accused me of being a spy, etc. I got angry, he got angry, shouted at each other. Then made up with hugs and kisses."

"Seriously?"

"Nope. I apologised and he was just like," She imitates Matthew's curt nod and looks away. "Whatever." She rolls her eyes.

"That was a low blow of them." She scowls. "What else happened?"

"We decided to vote for the leaders, but I was an automatically appointed one."

She raises her eyebrows in surprise. "You, a leader?"

"That's me." She flashes a corny grin. "Now can I see your laptop?"

"Sure." She turns it to face Siyeon.

An editing app is open and the picture she's editing is one of Siyeon.

It's night time and Siyeon walks arm-in-arm with Yoohyeon. A camera is looped around Yoohyeon's neck and one hand cradles it gently.

Siyeon inhales the chilly air, enjoying it's freshness after weeks of being cooped up studying for mid-terms.

"Nice night." She comments and squeezes Yoohyeon's arm.

"You don't say." She looks over her shoulder across the light-lit water. Her eyes flash with ideas.

"I can see the cogs turning!" Siyeon jokes and they stop. "What do you want to take a photo of?"

"I was thinking..." She trails off, staring hard at the water below. "If you lean on the railing and look out across the water."

Siyeon does as she says, clasping her hands together and leaning her forearms on the railing. The light hitting the water reflects softly on her face and Yoohyeon nods, taking position a metre or so down the railing from her.

"Smile." She orders after a few clicks of her camera and Siyeon pulls her lips back a little bit, evoking a half-smile that could be seen as wistful in the low light. "Awesome." She murmurs. "Look at me."

Siyeon turns her head and gives her the same smile, eyes staring into the lens as wind whips delicately through her hair.

"Done." Yoohyeon straightens and gives her a thumbs up.

Siyeon stands. "Got some good ones?"

"Hope so." She looks at her phone. "C'mon, let's get to the cinema!" She joins back with Siyeon in burst of energy that never subsides throughout the evening.

"But you took those ages ago."

"I haven't been able to get around to editing them until now. What do you think?"

"It's me." She commented, a smile forming on her lips as Yoohyeon looks at her in frustration. 

"Siyeon." She warns with a pout. "Can't you be nice?"

"I love it." Siyeon tells her honestly. "The way you've balanced this composition and how my face is central focus is honestly so cool to look at. I particularly like the use of natural light." She looks at her again. "That's my honest opinion."

"Any improvements?"

"You should get a better model than me." She jokes.

"I like photographing you." Yoohyeon protests. "You won't believe how photogenic you are."

"You're right. I can't. But I'll take your word for it." A grin splits her lips as Yoohyeon smiles back before breaking into a long yawn. "You're tired. We should both get to bed now, don't you think?"

Yoohyeon looks forlornly at her computer.

"Come on, you can edit the pictures tomorrow. Sleep is important!"

***

Something warm touches Siyeon's exposed arm and she jolts awake, staring into the silhouette at her bedside. "Shit, girl!" She hisses angrily, recognising the woman.

"Sorry, I just--" Her voice apologises profusely.

Siyeon sits up irritably and turns on her phone torch. She then lies the phone on the bed so that the torch faces the ceiling, illuminating the room in light and shadows. "I don't want Yoohyeon to notice anything." She says in explanation. "Now...what are the fuck are you doing here?"

A stiff breeze comes in through the open window and Siyeon cuddles her duvet closer.

"Handong's planning something." SuA starts anxiously.

"Well, no shit." Siyeon rolls her eyes. "She's literally murdered the leaders of our company. I would be dumb if I didn't think she was up to something."

"It's bigger than that. She wants to get rid of your company, and kill everyone..." SuA trails off, her eyes pleading with Siyeon.

"Uh-huh. I know that too. You must have risked coming here for a reason bigger than that." Her eyes narrow as she watches SuA.

"She's been killing solo assassins all over the city. Soon, there'll be no one left but your company and hers. If she succeeds, then she'll have no competition to becoming the most powerful assassination company."

Siyeon's eyebrow raises. "She's been killing independent assassins?" She scowls. "That bloody woman." Her attention turns back to SuA. "Does she know where you are?"

N-no." She looks unsure. "She shouldn't. I mean, I made sure I wasn't followed."

Siyeon's eyes crease in concern. "I will tell the company this as soon as possible. Do you know any more details?"

"I heard her say that seventy-five percent of solo assassins in this city have already been eradicated."

"Holy shit." Siyeon's mouth opens as she recognises the immanency of the situation. "Shit. Have any of the deaths been reported by the news?"

"No."

"So police won't be searching for suspicious activity." She murmurs to herself. "God, that blasted woman..."

"I just came to tell you that...I thought it would be worth the risk."

"Thank you for that, SuA." She fixes the girl with a sincere smile and motions her to come closer, losing her initial irritation.

SuA steps nearer and Siyeon embraces her from the bed. "I'm sorry..." She murmurs into her abdomen as she rubs SuA's back. "I'm sorry I can't help you more."

SuA pulls away and looks at her with a sad smile, her hand catching Siyeon's. "Please don't be sorry. I'll wait for you."

She turns to leave, but Siyeon refuses to let go of her hand. "Please. Just...stay for a bit."

"I..." She starts to refuse but stops and reduces her distance to Siyeon again. "Siyeon. I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything." Siyeon shakes her head and SuA embraces her again, leading the hug as she lies onto the bed beside her. "We can pretend that everything's fine."

"When it really isn't." She adds in a melancholy voice and sighs into Siyeon's neck, the warm breath pleasing.

They lay like that, breaths mingling, their foreheads touching and arms around each other.

SuA's eyes watch Siyeon as she does the same, wondering what the woman was feeling. They are half-lidded, pupils gleaming in the torchlight.

Cautiously, Siyeon shifts her chin closer, using her lips to close the gap between them.

She closes her eyes, only able to feel SuA's heat against her as the woman returns the kiss with passion.

For a second, they came away from each other, shy smiles pulling at their lips and their hands locked in a sweaty grip.

SuA laughed softly before pulling closer again and wrapping Siyeon in a tight hug. "I missed this." She tells her quietly. "I missed you especially."

The admission made Siyeon's heart pump harder and her throat clench as she blinked away sudden tears that sparked at her eyes. The tears flowed harder as she remembered the way Handong had treated her.

"Are you crying?" SuA's husky voice giggled as Siyeon sniffled and held a hand against her cheek. "It's okay, Siyeon."

Embarrassed at her tears, Siyeon buried her head in SuA's chest. "I don't want to lose you."

A/N:
...

I never know what to say in author's notes most of the time. 

The special Dami and Handong chapter is being planned, I have a rough idea of what I want to happen, though I do have writer's and artblock so I've been struggling a bit the past few days. But I suppose it'll pass soon.
The weather's been nice in the UK and I got sunburnt so whoops

Hope you all have a nice day and stay safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 1K 24
Siyeon is a new student at her school. She accidentally bumps into a girl in the hallway. That girl just happened to be Kim Bora a.k.a the stuck up...
29.9K 1.4K 23
A story about two girls with completely different stories but with one wish - to be loved. What will happen when they'll meet? Will it be an easy lov...
26.1K 1.4K 25
Gahyeon begins to have dark and twisted dreams that don't make sense at first. The only constant element is that her friends always die in them. Will...
7.7K 567 26
Yoohyeon has a dream the way she wants her teacher to look. They are getting a new teacher since the last one quit. The thing is the teacher is actua...