𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧�...

By summerkknightss

A story where Y/N finds people like her. Lost, scared, hurt and hopeless. Y/N has lived through many life cha... More

Cast
Cast Introduction
Prologue
1. Nighttime Food Runs
2. Pills on Edge
4. Late Night Explanations
5. First Day Struggles
6. Surprise Reunions
7. New 'Friends'
8. Rule and Regulations
9. Don't Be Late
10. Saviour
11. A Small Encounter
12. Job Hunt
13. I Dare You
14. Let's Talk
15. I'm Sorry
16. Second Chances
17. Siblings
18. Pressure
Old Friends

3. Strawberries and Cigarettes

90 4 1
By summerkknightss

- ??? POV -

I gave her a piggyback ride down the stairs that led to the rooftop. She was lighter than I had expected. When we reached the elevator, I placed her down on the floor after I pushed the 6th floor button. I stretched my back out, looking down at her I noticed how peaceful she looked sleeping.

 Then the doors opened and I proceeded to carry her to my place.

It was a good thing that not many people were out at this time. Who knows what they could have interpreted when they'd see me carrying her to my apartment.

As I opened the door, I immediately went to my room and set her down on my bed.

Turning the light on, and my eyes landed on her face. I noticed bags under her eyes. I reached into my pocket to grab the pill bottle that was on the roof. I read the little label on the bottle

'L/N, Y/N'

So Y/N is her name. Y/N, I repeated in my head.

I continued reading the label.

I saw the date she bought them, just last week. How much she should take a day and what it was.

Sleeping pills.

By the looks of only having 3 pills left, and how drowsy she was, and the fact that she just bought it last week, she must have taken a lot earlier.

I took her shoes off, and then took her phone and keys out of her pocket and placed it on the small nightstand beside her. I pulled the covers over her and left the room to let her rest.

"This bitch better wake up soon." I groaned.

+++

(TIME SKIP)

- Your POV -

I felt the sun rays hitting my face, and the warmth of the sheets under me. I turned onto my side and hugged the soft pillow beside me. The feeling was so comfortable, and relaxing. Then I opened my eyes.

This is not my room

I sat up and immediately looked down on myself.

"Okay, I still have my clothes on" I mumbled to myself. Although I was still confused on how I got here. I tried to recall what had happened the night before. Anything to help me remember how I got here. Or where I even was.

Nothing

I couldn't remember anything. It was all a blur. Then I saw my phone and keys on a small table to my right. I immediately grabbed them and shoved it in my pocket. I saw my shoes and put them on, this was my chance to make a break for it. I walked towards the door, a small pain kicking in my head, but I ignored it. I was used to it at this point. As I walked to the door, I noticed how limp my body felt.

It was as if I hadn't eaten anything in days.

I pushed the thought aside and flung the door open. I was in such a rush that I didn't notice a guy standing at the doorway, perhaps he was going to come in. But without noticing him, I crashed into him and we both stumbled to the ground. I fell on top of him.

Of course, just my luck.

After the crash, I looked up at him and we locked eyes for a moment. I noticed his deep ocean blue eyes, and his wet dirty blonde hair. Seems like he had just taken a shower, because he also smelled like vanilla.

"Y/N what the heck, snap out of it." I screamed internally as I pushed myself up from off of him. It felt like deja vu, like this had already happened before. I was thinking of something you say to him to break the silence but he beat me to it.

"You okay? You seemed so out of it when I saw you the other day on the roof." He explained to me, while I looked at him confused

"What do you mean the other day? How long have I been here?" I asked him, as he took a step closer to me.

"You really don't remember anything? Nothing from before you passed out?" He looked at me with question.

"No, I don't even remember passing out. The last thing I remember was sitting on the roof. Seriously, who are you, and what happened." I looked at him while he was towering over me and staring me down.

"Well, first off. How long has it been since you last slept. You know, before you went up to the rooftop." He questioned

"Probably like 2 or 3 nights..." My voice trailed off as I had responded to his question.

"2 OR 3 NIGHTS?!" He yelled. I didn't flinch. 2 or 3 nights isn't even that bad. I don't know why he's making a big deal about it.

"Yeah, I have insomnia. It's normal for me." I added on, while he stared at me with a shocked expression

"I take pills for it every so often and-" I was cut off

"You downed a bunch the other day then" He added.

"Yeah. Oh did I pass out again?" I asked him. No wonder, I was so drowsy I passed out and he must've taken me here. Well duh Y/N, he doesn't know where you live, I thought to myself

"Uh, yeah. I also saw the bottle, and I mean, I didn't want to leave you there on the roof because wha-" It was my turn to cut him off.

"Yeah, thanks." I said a small smile crept on my lips.

"No problem. Umm... I'm Harrison by the way." He extended his hand out and I shook it.

"Hi Harrison. I'm leaving." I say as I pass him and head for the door.

+++

- Harrison POV -

"No problem. Umm... I'm Harrison by the way." I say as I extended my hand out and she shook it.

"Hi Harrison. I'm leaving." She says as she passes me and heads for the door.

"Hi it's- wait what?" I turn to her and grab her wrist to stop her from leaving. Geez, not even a thank you for saving her life.. or even just telling me her name. Even though I saw it on the label, I wanted to hear her say it herself.

"Hmm, oh I'm leaving. You know it was nice of you to help me though. It's greatly appreciated." She tells me, but I wasn't going to let her go that easily.

"Come on, don't you want to know what else happened. Are you not even going to tell me your name?" I tell her. Trying to convince her to stay a bit longer

"Well, I'd assume you already know my name since it was on the bottle, and I'm fine not knowing what happened. Dude, look I really just want to go home, thanks though." she protested, but I was just getting started.

I walked towards her and wrapped my arm around her waist and moved a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Are you sure you don't remember what else happened that night? Do you want me to show yo-" But before I could even finish my sentence, she grabbed my wrist and twisted it behind my back. I was now on my knee facing the ground.

"Listen Harrison, I don't care what happened or what didn't because I know you wouldn't have the guts to do anything to a girl that's unconscious. Thanks for the help but I'm leaving." she harshly said and she threw me down to the ground.

I was speechless.

I did not expect that coming from her. But with that she left.

+++

- Y/N POV -

After walking out Harrison's apartment, I headed towards the elevator down the hallway. When I got in, I was positive this was my apartment building, seeing how the 5th floor button was a bit scratched, but the number was still apparent. I decided not to go to my apartment just yet because I didn't want that psycho to find where it was.

So I decided to go down to the convenience store to grab something to eat.

(TIME SKIP - convenience store *3:45 pm*)

I entered the store and saw a few customers scattered around the place. There were a few more employees than usual, but maybe because it was the afternoon and everyone was out and about.

Wait a minute.. what day is it?

I whipped out my phone in my pocket. Lucky I had grabbed it and my keys before rushing out Harrison's place. It was Saturday. Saturday... that means

I WAS UNCONSCIOUS FOR 2 WHOLE DAYS?!

I internally screamed. No wonder I was starving. I haven't eaten for almost 3 days.

While I was walking around the aisles, someone bumped into me.

What's with walking into people today. It's hella annoying

"Sorry" I hear a familiar voice apologize. I look up to see Cole. The guy who gave me his number, but I still haven't texted him.

"No, it's fine." I muttered. I looked up at him, he seemed blissful.

"Hey, I know we barely know each other and haven't really talked but my shift ends in a few minutes, wanna grab something to eat. There's a cafe a few blocks away we could head to. But I mean, I totally get it if-" e started to ramble on. I should make it up to him since I never texted him... and I'm starving so..

"Yeah, I'd love to. I'll wait for you outside then." I responded. Noticing how my answer made him grin.

"Okay perfect, I'll be out in a bit." He told me before he dashed to the back room.

+++

- Second POV -

You walked outside and leaned against the cold stone wall waiting for Cole to come out. You were delighted to go out to eat with Cole. Then your stomach felt weird. It felt bubbly, and you did not like it.

Was it because this was a date?

"No, no, no, no Y/N. This is not a date. You're just hungry. That's why, it's hunger not giddiness from going out with him. He probably doesn't even consider this as a date. You're not scared you're just hungry." You were convincing yourself in your mind. Until he came out and your attention diverted to him. You noticed he had changed out of his uniform.

"Of course he did Y/N, why would he go out to eat in his uniform." You internally face-palmed.

"Okay, let's go. I think you're really going to like it." You smiled and followed him as you two started to head down the streets.

+++

You both neared a tall rustic building on the corner of a busy street. There was a small set of stairs that had 'CARRIE'S CAFE' engraved on the top step.

When you walked in, you were hit with the strong coffee aroma in the air. You took a look around the place, it was quite spacious. High ceilings, a small vintage feel with a hint of modern ambience. The colour scheme was earthy tones, with wood furniture and warm white lighting. There were splashes of white throughout the area, with more furniture, art and mouldings. You both walked towards the counter to order your food and drinks.

"I'll have one chai latte and a cinnamon roll please." Cole says, as he then looks over at Y/N for her order

"One caramel macchiato and strawberry cheesecake please." She said with a small smile as she began to pull out her wallet.

"Don't worry I got this" Cole says as he hands the card to the cashier

"I'm the one who asked you to come anyways, so it's only fair I pay." He says smiling as Y/N puts her card away.

The two got their food and headed to a small booth by the window. They indulged into their drinks and pastries, as both of them were scared to be the first to start a conversation.

"This place is nice." Y/N broke the silence.

"And they have great food." Cole added.

+++

- Third POV -

The two finished their food and walked out of the cafe. They hadn't realized that it was already sunset, as they were so immersed in the conversation. They didn't go deep into their personal lives and past, they told some fun stories and answered questions that let them learn more about each other.

Y/N felt as if she had finally found a friend, or someone she could talk to at least. It had been a while since she was able to open up about her life and problems, as everyone would just criticize her and not let her speak.

The two ended up at a park, one that overlooked a lake where you could see the sun set. It wasn't busy, just a few people walking by here and there. They found a bench to sit at, and watched the sun set. Rays of orange hues glistened on the water, and the light cascaded around making the scenery even more enjoyable to look at.

"You want one." Cole said, catching Y/N's attention when she looked at what was in his hand. It was a small white box of cigarettes.

"Sure" she says as she grabs one out of the box and puts it between her lips. He handed her a red lighter and she lit up the one end. As she exhaled a large puff of smoke left her mouth.

"You don't seem to be one that smokes." Cole says as he himself lights up his own and exhales deeply.

"You don't seem to be one that likes to hang around cafes that play classical music." Y/N snapped back removing the white stick in her mouth and placing it between her fingers.

"Touché" he chuckled.

"You must be full of surprises." His gaze fell on the girl sitting beside him. He took in all her features, as he noticed her hair, her nose, and how the light reflects off her eyes making them seem like their shimmering.

"You wouldn't believe it." She comments back as another puff of smoke left her mouth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...