my (cringe????) hq one shots...

LQUALITY

[ HQ!! x READER // COMPLETED ] ↳ one shots !! thanks for reading ! ー © EL/HQUALITY ; JULY 2019 - MAY 2020 Еще

ONE SHOTS
a gardener's flower . oikawa tooru
soft scented warmth . sugawara koushi
forms of affection . kuroo tetsurou
love and heartbreak . kuroo tetsurou
elevator conversation . oikawa tooru
your hands are cold . kageyama tobio
red . kuroo tetsurou
love letter . ushijima wakatoshi
him . akaashi keiji
gamer mouse . kozume kenma
here . kageyama tobio
small reminders . haiba lev
a way to soothe anxiety . azumane asahi
puppy love . ushijima wakatoshi
first kiss . tsukishima kei
the boy who admires sunflowers . nishinoya yuu
stranger on the subway . akaashi keiji
to be selfish . ushijima wakatoshi
inner side . tanaka ryuunosuke
friendly hangout with nature . aone takanobu
the perfect song . ushijima wakatoshi
midnight stargazing . tsukishima kei
calm before the storm . yamaguchi tadashi
break up playlist . tsukishima kei
realizing love . kozume kenma
early morning jogs . kageyama tobio
only tonight . bokuto koutarou
hold you again . miya atsumu

french 75 . miya atsumu

6.3K 289 150
LQUALITY

WORD COUNT/ 6.37k
NOTES/ perhaps i got carried away,,,,, but the idea was too cute to compress to less than what it turned out to be

pro athlete!atsumu and model!reader meeting at a charity event and later talking over sum drinks haha

miya atsumu, despite being a pro athlete, felt that he was not on the same social level as you. you were a famous model, having walked multiple fashion shows around the world and appeared on countless front pages of dozens and dozens of magazines. you were known to have a fierce aura, a sharp stare and the presence of a deity. yet you acted like nothing but a mere child. why you were more excited about the chance to win free face masks than he was? he had no clue but he kinda liked it.

it was a charity event he and a couple of his teammates were invited to attend and with the odd mix up of names, they all ended up somehow seated with you. typically events like these had people that had the same platform sitting together yet here you were, seated with miya atsumu and sakusa kiyoomi to your left and bokuto koutarou and hinata shoyou to your right. they looked like bodyguards with you seated right between all of them.

the athletes to your left had assumed you'd be a bit bratty about the mix up, probably blow a fuse like stereotypical snobby models would because you had to sit with men who smacked around a ball for funzies, but you were more than welcoming to them. you seemed much more thrilled about it than they ever imagined you'd be. you clicked instantly with the goofballs to your right, even joining in on their banter and eventually claiming that if they ended up winning the facemasks during the raffle event that they should give it to you since they didn't care much for it.

"but what if we don't win the facemasks but something else?" hinata asked with a grin, almost bouncing on his seat from his general excitement, "you should know i'm not gonna give you the free meal for two coupon from (fav restaurant)~!"

"w-well duh!" you huffed, crossing your arms with a pout, "i'm not that much of a brat, hinata. if i won that free meal coupon i wouldn't even bring a date!" you leaned back in your chair and stared at the slip of paper in your hands that had your raffle number.

"you wouldn't have a date?" bokuto asked, snickering at your pouting, "i'd imagine that even the l/n f/n, especially the l/n f/n, would have a date since you are a top model."

you rolled your eyes playfully and shoved the nosy male by his shoulder gently as he leaned in to wiggle his brows at you. "well mr pro volleyball player," you began, tone playfully snarky which made the boys around you chuckle, "i've had a couple dates but most men are just absolute garbage, more so when they learn i'm a model."

"oof," hinata responded, making you and bokuto laugh, "so all your dates go bad, huh?"

you hummed, nodding along. "more or less," you answered with a smile. it didn't bother you too much to be all upset about the topic. "people have some nerve expecting me to act a certain way. is it wrong to want to eat onigiri and instant ramen at home instead of going to eat in some other country?"

hinata and bokuto were quick to side with you, beginning to dive into a conversation about the greatness of trivialities. spending time in a space of comfort was something you enjoyed as you had to travel around a lot for work. you really did like spending time at home doing domestic things and it was a wish of yours to find someone that truly understood that.

unbeknownst to you, the blond seated right by your left side knew exactly what you were talking about.

his interest in you kept diving deeper and deeper with each new topic you and his 2 goofball teammates talked about. he wasn't part of the conversation, and didn't want to be, but he listened just to get to know you passed the image most of society and the industry created for you. he fell instantly for your laid back nature and the simplicity of your happiness that came from trivial matters. it appealed to him that free face masks made you so happy and that you weren't seeking out to be bought a whole beauty company instead.

he couldn't afford to buy something so big for you but knowing that if he bought a face mask that was less than 5 dollars and you'd be over the top ecstatic? he wanted to love you so bad and he knew that was out of character.

he felt his heart dancing in his chest with every laugh that left passed your glossed lips, wanting him to move into a stage in his life where he could wake up to it. maybe he was being a lame hopeless romantic, suddenly thinking about settling down just because somebody caught his attention, but he couldn't help but let his small crush become bigger as the time passed. you were a dream to him, a lover he's been piecing in his head since probably 2nd year high school and he really didn't want to let you slip from his fingers so easily.

he might even thank the event planners for mixing the names up.

"i hope dinner has been well!" the mc called out, breaking your conversation with the two males to your right. "we'll start with our raffle and start announcing our winners before moving onto some games!"

this got you to sit straighter and you didn't hesitate to focus all your brain power towards the jar of folded papers. this was one of the few prized events throughout the night, a couple being games played by the guests, but it was the only one that had the free face masks you wanted so badly. they were obviously limited edition and were (fav cartoon) themed. you had to do what you could and channelled all your inner spirit energy to make sure your number was drawn.

"what the hell are ya doing?" atsumu snickered, nudging your shoulder gently as he watched you glare forward. it was cute and he felt he needed to tease you about it to grab your attention at least once throughout the night.

"y/n's gotta get rid of all the unlucky parts of the number 13," bokuto giggled, gently patting your back, "but don't you worry y/n! if we get that pack of face masks, guaranteed, it's yours!"

the blond deadpanned. "now hold on a second," atsumu huffed, making you and bokuto turn to him. even sakusa's and hinata's attention was torn from the mc to gaze at atsumu who seemingly had something interesting to say. he pointed at your slip of paper, his finger making contact with the small slip. "that's my jersey number and i guarantee you it's gonna give you the best luck evㅡ"

"and we have lucky number 7 for the pack of facemasks!"

the whole table suddenly grew quiet and the air became sickeningly cold. atsumu swore you could have been choking his soul with your delicate fingers and this was not what he meant by catching your attention. he could only let out an awkward laugh, pressing his back against the chair he was seated on to try and escape the glares he got from 3 of his teammates and now one of japan's, maybe the world's, top models.

"nice going," sakusa shot, turning away to cut his ties with the situation to prevent getting dragged in a useless bicker.

"you jinxed it, atsumu!" you whined childishly, jutting out your bottom lip to pout and furrowing your brows to exaggerate your expression. he swore he could have cupped your face to kiss you but held back. "you're so lameeee..."

this made bokuto and hinata snicker in their seats, turning away much like sakusa had so they didn't have to deal with having made you upset. although it was nothing serious and obviously just to tease the athlete to your left.

atsumu smiled sheepishly and held his hands in the air to surrender. "sorry! sorry! i'll make it up to you, don't worry."

you only rolled your eyes and leaned back, crossing your arms as if you had the right to throw a mini tantrum in front of atsumu. what? was he your boyfriend and supposed to give you kisses until you forgave him? it would be a fat lie to claim that you didn't actually want to experience something like that with him. but for now, the answer was unfortunately 'no.'

the table got quiet and everyone soon focused on the other numbers the mc was calling. even with the face masks gone, there were still a handful of prizes which still meant any of your numbers could be called. unlucky 13 could quite possibly become lucky 13 for you.

as numbers were called, hinata was first to be called up from your table to receive a tracksuit with the charity event logo and later sakusa was called to receive a basket of handmade soaps, much to his pleasure.

soon the free meal for two coupon was the last prize and you, bokuto and partially atsumu were at the edge of your seats. you at least wanted this one as it was a meal from your favourite restaurant. the mc was slow with the way he grabbed the slip of paper with the number, teasing everyone left to win a prize with the slow burn. he knew it and was laughing, taking his time which made you want to throw leftover dinner rolls from your table at the guy.

"anddd our final winnerr goooess toooo!" he began, tension rising in the air. he grinned and showed the piece of paper to the crowd even though nobody would be able to see it. "lucky number (fav number)!"

that was not 13, the number you were granted, but instead the number in atsumu's hands.

you knew you should have switched with him.

"man!" bokuto exclaimed, sucking air through his teeth as he leaned back on his seat. he grumbled to himself as atsumu snickered and went up to receive the coupon as if he didn't just break the hearts of the two hopeful souls beside him. "and i know that fatass isn't gonna take anyone! wow!"

"weren't you gonna do the same?" hinata laughed, grinning at bokuto whose cheeks formed a small blush at the call out.

"h-hey i might haveㅡ taken y/n!" he fended shyly, pouting much like you were, "if i wasn't feeling super hungry the day i go i guess..."

you laughed and waved off the comment, cheeks dusted with pink at the kind thought. "that's sweet bo, but i'm not sure i would have done the same for you," you apologized jokingly which brought laughter to your table and brought back the light atmosphere from before.

eventually the charity event had come to a close and then the real party started. everyone was brought to the front and the alcohol came out to loosen up the stiff bodies to dance under a disco ball. you, however, weren't much of a dancer when it came to these kinds of events as eyes would be glued to your figure at every angle so you stayed behind with atsumu, watching bokuto and hinata absolutely tear down the dance floor. sakusa, on the other hand, had excused himself to grab a drink with some other buddies he met earlier which left the both of you alone.

it was a comfortable silence between you and the blond, the floor shaking music mixing with the air around the two of you. it was nice despite not being able to actually hear much of your own thoughts; it reminded you of when you used to be able to just hangout with your friends and party.

"you aren't a dancer?" astumu practically yelled, making you laugh.

you shook your head in response, deciding to save your voice.

he took note of this and stood up, extending a hand to you which confused you. yet again, he yelled at you to get his words across. "let's go to the bar! it'll be quieter!"

you agreed almost hesitantly and took his hand, letting him lead you around the mess of chairs and tables to outside the where the bar was. you spotted a couple fellow colleagues and waved a hello, not bothering to spark a conversation as you did claim you were going to head to the bar with atsumu. you both even passed by sakusa and his friends, only giving him a court nod which he returned.

atsumu sat you down at an empty table for two and was greeted by a waitress who clearly knew who atsumu was. he was kind to her but obviously wasn't interested which surprised you a bit. even if you weren't a volleyball fanatic, not having enough time to go to games as much as you'd like, you were still aware of a couple more popular players. you'd be lying if you didn't half believe all the talk about the miya atsumu being a total flirt and playboy.

but you thought maybe he wanted to show he likes you.

this made your heart want to combust and you quickly pushed away the idea.

"and you?" the waitress asked, the sparkle in her eyes gone as she asked what you wanted.

you blinked in slight confusion, momentarily forgetting where you were but quickly came to your senses and cleared your throat. you could hear atsumu's soft snickering and you ignored it, feeling the blush on your cheeks worsen. "uhh water?"

"water?" the waitress and atsumu both gawked.

"s-so?!" you huffed, your irritation particularly directed towards atsumu who had an amused expression. what made it his business if you just wanted water? it wasn't like you went out drinking as often as him to know what you wanted.

atsumu chuckled and shook his head, turning to the waitress and flat out ordering for you. "french 75," he said simply, making you roll your eyes.

the waitress nodded and giggled, bowing to atsumu before she went away to send your orders to the bartender.

"the hell is a french 75?" you grumped, crossing your arms over the table, "sorry mr. i probably go on dates so often of course i know all the bar drinks and cocktails and whatever else."

atsumu only laughed and shook his head, mimicking your posture and leaning in a bit closer. "that's a long nickname," he began effortlessly, "why don't you just call me baby instead?"

your heart was yet again about to combust but you were not going to give in to possibly the biggest flirt in the country. you held your breath and tried your best to remain calm with a poker face, but atsumu's goofy grin did nothing but claim your feelings. you exhaled in a hurry and covered your face, bending forward to press the back of your palms against the table.

"you should have just ordered a whole bottle of vodka for me," you whined, "get me some liquid courage to help me get through this stupid conversation."

"i'll hold you to that," atsumu chuckled, his hand moving to hover over your head. with your head down, you wouldn't see him hesitate, but he wanted to pat your head. he wanted to run his hands through your hair and massage your scalp and justㅡ he swallowed thickly and shook his head, bringing his hand back and tightening the cross of his arms. that might have been too fast.

"beer and a french 75," the waitress called out simply, which brought your head up. you made sure you avoided atsumu's eyes.

your drinks were handed to you and you thanked the waitress despite her attention only really being on the blond in front of you. you focused on your drink and held the champagne glass by its neck with your fingers, running them up and down the length of it. it looked elegant and made butterflies turn into jet planes at the potential of atsumu thinking this drink reminded him of you.

"she's gone now," atsumu whispered, bringing your attention back to him. he smiled when his eyes met yours and he held the bottle of beer up. "cheers?"

you sat straighter and smiled, nodding and taking hold of the glass carefully to gently tap it against his. as soon as the glass clicked with one another, you placed the rim of yours to your lips. you felt hesitant for no reason and felt much more encouraged after hearing atsumu's relieved sigh from taking a rather big sip.

the feeling was foreign to your mouth, tingling every corner and almost burning your throat as you let it run down. you clicked your tongue and let out a small wince before setting the glass down and looking at atsumu with a pained expression.

he laughed, amused. "what? don't tell me this is your first alcoholic drink."

"it isn't!" you scoffed, waving off his remark but already feeling a warmth forming in your chest as if it was, "i just don't drink often since i'm usually the dd..."

atsumu exaggerated a pout. "aw poor baby," he teased, "little y/n always has to take care of everybody and doesn't know how to have fun?"

you swore you could have thrown your drink, the glass included, right at his face. "oh would you hush! i am a fun person! bokuto and hinata would agree!"

he laughed again, taking a sip of his beer and keeping his eyes on you as he did so. something about that made your mind buzz and you were quick to down more liquid courage to try and help stabilize your beating heart. it wasn't that big of a deal, sitting here with a hottie like the miya atsumu, yet your heart and mind were acting like middle school girls in front of a senior.

"do you really not spend much time out?" he asks, another soft sigh leaving his lips as he set the bottle down, "is being a model that busy of a life?"

you finished the rest of your drink, feeling the need to down the alcohol to help your conversation proceed smoothly. atsumu knew that resort all too well and laughed, gently taking the glass from you though it was done.

"hey relax now," he chuckled, the tips of his fingers brushing against yours. it left you with a pleasant burning sensation and you knew you were going crazy. "i don't need you black out drunk at a charity event, hun."

"oh hush," you grumped, scrunching your nose and turning away.

"what? am i making you nervous?" there was a smirk toying on his lips which you were able to make out from the corner of your eye but you didn't want to give him more than the satisfaction of knowing he was doing something to you.

you were well aware that he was a rumoured playboy and that this just might be him trying to get into your pants, but a part of you remained hopeful. plenty of bad first dates, multiple men telling you that you should instead act a certain way, never finding the one for what felt like forever? you really hoped there was more to miya atsumu than what you heard.

"so the model life?" he brought up once again, tone light, "tell me about it."

you only sighed, fingers fiddling with the neck of the champagne glass atsumu had returned in front of you. "i've always wanted to be a model," you began with a small smile on your lips, "it was a dream of mine to walk on the runway, be on the cover of a magazine, feel beautiful and help others feel beautiful, you know?"

atsumu hummed, eyes carefully taking in each detail of your face as you talked about your passion. he imagined he'd probably look the same way if he were to talk about volleyball or if his brother were to talk about food. there was a serenity to your expression that was indescribable, something he just connected with and understood.

"at first people would tell me i'm too this, i'm too that, i'm not whatever enough or too whatever," you continued on, rolling your eyes to express your irritation, "but the company i work for, the staff, my manager, all my colleaguesㅡ the modelling community isn't as bad as some may stereotype it as..." you turned to face atsumu, a wider smile on your lips as you noticed how he was truly listening to you. "maybe it might just be the company i'm under but with them i've never felt wrong inside my body. we show many body types, appreciate different colours of skin and the culture so precious to our models. it's nice to be able to love yourself when you work with such great people and as unfortunate as it is that some parts of society just have to say something about one's happiness, i'm still enjoying my time."

there was a silence around the both of you, a comfortable one that was light and sweet, as if this conversation was between two people in a deeper relationship. you gazed at him with a relaxed expression, your body language following in that comfort, which brought the same feeling in him. he felt safe, like he could say anything to you right after you had poured a piece of your heart to him. it was beautiful to see a world he wasn't exactly part of and to know that you weren't suffering. he was sure you had days where you felt nothing good and he did too, but that was the world and he could only hope to be there for you the next time it happens as he wants to maintain this beauty you talk of in your life.

he smiled genuinely and then turned away, only partially hiding the obvious blush on his cheeks that he wished he could justify as the alcohol, but he barely had half of his bottle. he chuckled, shaking his head. "you're making me fall in love with you, you know," he shot teasingly, his words light as it danced in the air to your ears.

it definitely shocked you, making your body tense, but the small bit of liquid courage seemed to be enough to push you to return the flirtatious genuinity.

"i don't know about you but i was hooked the moment you sat beside me."

the both of you laughed, eyes once more on one another and the same peaceful atmosphere returning.

this time you asked him about his life, asking what it was like to be a professional athlete. he began his story much like yours, explaining his love for it when he was younger and how hard he worked and strived for this goal. he told you his ups and downs, the major ones at least, and his most favourite parts of the experience. you had no knowledge of what it meant to be a back row setter, what a feint was, what it was that the setter really had to do when in play, but it was enthralling.

conversation continued after he finished his story, eyes constantly glued on one another to take in every bit of emotion you each could. he ordered you more drinks as you two had talked, a different one each time, and soon you were nowhere close to your regular sober mindset. you were just happy to be around the guy and hear a part of him that you were more than certain wasn't just some cheap story to make anyone fall for him. one couldn't simply fake the sparkle in their eyes when they were in love, you thought.

the night was soon bound to come to an end though and invited guests were beginning to leave one by one. many familiar faces came to say their 'good night's to you, hinting at the fact that you had a man in front of you and was tipsy drunk which only made you laugh and lightly brush it off. the boys from atsumu's team soon came around to meet with you again, bokuto and hinata thrilled with how lost your sense of reality was. you were louder, much more willing and definitely thought everything was funny.

"how much did you drink?" bokuto asked, steadying you as you got off of your seat which was a high chair. it seemed like much more than that with the way you were hesitating.

"tsumu's the one who was drinking me!" you huffed, setting your feet onto the ground and pulling away from bokuto as soon as you found your balance. you gave him a cheeky grin and giggled. "just a little buzz in my head bo! i'm okay~!"

"drinking you?" hinata gawked his tone thrilled.

sakusa sighed and shook his head, shutting down the potential conversation the ginger could have created to fluster and bicker with you. "well at least you can hold your weight," he mumbled, "do you have a ride home?"

you gave the mother of the group another wide smile and held both your thumbs out for him to reassure any of his doubts. "yessir!" you beamed, "i'm gonna call (name1) to pick me up~!"

atsumu chuckled and rolled his eyes, gently pressing a hand against the small of your back to nudge you to start walking with them to the main entrance. you, like earlier, talked nonsense with bokuto and hinata all while having atsumu guide you walk. to sakusa and the blond by your side, it seemed as if you were much more in tune with them after letting loose of a couple brain cells. it even looked like bokuto was the mature one at a certain angle.

"a french 75!" you beamed, cupping your cheeks, "he got me a french 75! what?! am i royalty!?" you let out a dramatic dreamy sigh and placed the back of your hand against your forehead. they were all lucky atsumu's hand remained against your back or else you would have fallen flat on your ass as soon as you threw yourself back to exaggerate you story.

"hey let's calm it down," atsumu snickered, now moving his hand to wrap around your waist.

this got you giggling, butterflies flying all tipsy in your stomach.

"a french 75's a pretty fancy drink to be comparing to somebody," bokuto chuckled, shaking his head, "you falling or something tsumtsum?"

the blond rolled his eyes and motioned his teammate to shoo with his free hand. and the three eventually did to give you two space, saying friendly goodbyes to you and reminding you that they were going to send you a dm on instagram to make sure you all keep in touch. you hugged each boy goodbye like it was the last, except sakusa who resulted to a wave, even though they weren't exactly going to leave yet since they had to wait for atsumu. once again you were left alone with atsumu, this time to sit outside and wait for the ride he ended up having to call for you on your phone.

as you sat on a bench, atsumu's blazer wrapped around your frame and his arm still around your waist, you let yourself bask in the moment. this was a night that turned to feel like some fairytale and it felt like atsumu was the prince charming you were searching for all your life. but all good things came to an end and atsumu was the one to reach that conclusion first.

"we're probably too busy," he mindlessly said, meaning for his words to just disappear into the night but you had caught onto it.

"too busy for what?" you asked, words slightly slurred which made atsumu chuckle.

"to see each other again," he explained, turning to face you with a small smile, "so soon, at least." he took in the curious look you had on your face and brought his free hand to gently brush some of your hair off your face. "to see each other outside of charity events, outside of work, and maybe at your place eating onigiri and instant ramen."

you found the specific description odd, not sure where it came from yet finding a familiarity within it, then brushed it off. "you wanna come over sometime then?" you asked, "i know a place with the best onigiri eVER!! but i make pretty banging instant ramen!"

atsumu laughed.

"i'm serious!"

he hummed, chuckling slightly and sitting himself properly once again with his body faced forward. "i'm travelling to canada for a month for a training camp and tournaments, i'm leaving the morning after tomorrow," he explained, "i'm not sure i can come over so quick."

his words created a silence and you pouted. it seemed to sober you up a bit, the mention of travelling, and you momentarily you caught a hold of your sense of harsh reality. you weren't in too much of a different situation as you recalled you were booked to fly to europe in a week. you realized that as much as you were falling in love with the man holding you close, your schedule was a major obstacle.

a sigh left your lips and you crossed your arms tighter against your chest, leaning your head onto his shoulder to try and find some comfort.

it was a mix of liquid courage and your genuine feelings speaking for you now and all you could really care about was seeing him again. maybe kissing him tonight if your schedules were to keep you two from ever meeting even if it was just once more.

"i already miss you, atsumu," you confessed softly, eyes beginning to gloss over with tears, "i'mㅡ i'm not ready to say goodbye."

the blond's eyes lit and he sat straight, taken back with the emotional turn you suddenly took. he didn't take you as someone who would cry when drunk and he didn't want to end the night with rumours going around that he made you, a well known model, cry at a popular charity event. he'd be a living meme. he was quick to pull you into a side embrace, your arms following as you wrapped your limbs around his torso.

"hey, no," he murmured, arm around your shoulder and the other gently rubbing your forearm. he tucked your head under his chin and held you as close as he could while you two sat side by side. "baby, don't cry, i'm still here now and i'm still gonna be here tomorrow."

his affectionate words only made your feelings get the better of you, causing tears to pool in your eyes that would fall at any second. he pulled away from you and his hand on your forearm moved to cup your cheek. the love in his eyes made your chest tight and you couldn't help the rush of overwhelming emotion. you sniffled and warm tears rolled down your cheeks that atsumu didn't hesitate to wipe away with his thumbs. his touch was warm, gentle, and you wanted to stay feeling this security. you didn't know why you had to fall so quickly for him and why you would be torn from his as quickly as it happened.

"i'm sorry," you whimpered, pouting like a child as you looked into atsumu's eyes with your chin resting on his chest. you could feel his sympathy through his soft gaze and you cursed the world for this painful reality. you wondered if he would even want to try to make things work. would he be okay with meeting you still? would you even be able to handle the distance? your thoughts swarmed your mind and once again tears pooled in your eyes and your face scrunched.

even though it was upsetting, atsumu couldn't help but smile. he was doing his best to hold back a laugh so that you wouldn't take it the wrong way but something about you being drunk and crying over him was adorable. you were like a child crying about having to go home from the park and he couldn't help but want to pull you onto his lap to shush you like a baby.

"hey, don't go cryin' some more," he cooed, once again wiping your tears, "i never said we were never gonna see each other again, you know."

you could only let out whines, unable to coherently respond to his reasoning.

"i'm free tomorrow after practice, that's plenty of time, baby! don't cry on me now," he continued, this time having a harder time suppressing his laughter. even though you were drunk you were able to pick up on it and let out an angry whine, furrowing your brows and stomping your feet. he laughed, making cute faces at you like you were a baby.

"not funny!"

"i can't help it!" he tried to reason, his hand moving to your jaw. he spoke with a smile, his heart swelling at your little breakdown over him which didn't seem to be ending soon as more tears fell from your eyes. never has someone cried about him like this and he couldn't help but feel like this was what true love could be like. "hey come on," he managed through soft laughter, "you're being dramatic, hun. i never said i wasn't gonna come see you. i'll make the effort! now would you stop your crying? i don't wanna be a headliner because i'm out here looking like i hurt your feelings."

you took in his words rather well and nodded, quickly trying to compose yourself for him. it didn't help that your eyes were red and your face was damp from your warm tears. you still tried your best, nodding as you sat yourself straight out of his arms and took in a deep breath. "right, right," you coughed out, still nodding as you wiped your face with the sleeve of his blazer. this made him roll his eyes. "you're right, atsumu, sorry, you got me drunk."

he gave you a cheesy smile and tugged you back close to him, his arm already familiar with your waist. maybe it was the alcohol, an excuse to be courageous, but he felt that now was a good time. his hand gently turned your cheek to have you face him and he leaned in with his head tilted. he paused for a moment, eyes searching yours for some sort of consent, his gaze on you hazy with an expression you have yet to experience truly.

"you gonna kiss me?" you asked bluntly, though if you were sober you would have taken the hint already.

"yes dummy," he chuckled, shaking his head and letting himself lean in to capture your lips in his own. he could taste the alcohol on your lips, your breath laced with multiple distilled spirits hinted with citrus almost making it seem as if you yourself was something he could get intoxicated from. he probably could if he tried hard enough. he smiled into the kiss and eventually had to pull away as his smile wouldn't leave.

you were quick to open your eyes to catch his expression, his eyes still closed and a goofy grin on his lips. he looked like he was in love, like this was something he's been waiting for for so long. it looked as if he was telling himself that this was what he deserved and that this was something he couldn't let go of. the thought made your stomach fill with butterflies and a warm fuzzy feeling that wasn't from the alcohol spread throughout your body.

his eyes met yours once he fluttered them open and he raised a brow. "you know, my idea was just to casually bring up that i was going to take you out to eat with me since i won that silly coupon to make up for your devastating loss to whoever won those facemasks," he told you, still leaned in close, "but you've got me wrapped around your pretty fingers and my heart just might escape my chest to fit in your hands."

"that's gross," you told him in a whisper, scrunching your nose, "couldn't you have told me i was the most beautiful person you've ever laid eyes on instead?"

he deadpanned and pulled away. "i was tryin' to be sweet here with my confession, y/n."

you only sheepishly giggled, this time comfortable enough to lean into him with your arms snaking around his waist without him pulling you in first. like before, your chin rested against his chest and you looked up at him with clear admiration in your eyes that he knew he wanted to see forever.

"you like me?" you asked innocently.

atsumu entertained your innocent inquiry and nodded. "i do," he said, much more simply this time, "you like me?"

you nodded much like he did. "a lot."

he smiled. "so then what? you gonna ask me to be your boyfriend?"

"mmmm maybe i might after we have some onigiri and ramen. wanna come over to my place?"

he laughed at your words which seemed like a joke but agreed nonetheless. there was a warmth in his body that returned as he relished in the taste of a blossoming mutual love that held innocence and potential to be more than just at the surface. he was waiting for this, never expecting it to come from a situation like this; he never knew he was going to meet a love he's yearned for so suddenly at a charity event he didn't want to go to in the first place. oh how he would have hated himself for not going had he known you would be seated by his side.

"will you come see me after you come back from canada?" you asked softly, voice a bit more serious this time, "will you kiss me again in a month? maybe even video call me while you and i are separated by the ocean?"

"i will," he reassured you, giving you a kiss on the forehead before your phone began buzzing, signalling to him that it was unfortunately time to part. though he knew that was only for the night. he smiled. "i'll see you first thing tomorrow afternoon."

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

7.4K 144 11
˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗ "-𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒃𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅!-" ˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗ 𝑨 𝑻𝒐𝒌𝒚𝒐 𝑹𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒔 𝒙 𝒇𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒆!𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏...
21.1K 547 18
ⓓⓘⓢⓒⓞⓝⓣⓘⓝⓤⓔⓓ "𝘛𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘥, 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘳�...
210K 4.5K 32
゚.*・。𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝゚.*・。 𝙔/𝙣 𝙞𝙨 𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙆𝙪𝙧𝙤𝙤 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣 𝙤𝙣 𝙨𝙤𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡...
4.2K 42 13
MHA and Haikyuu!! One-shots I think of when I'm bored PLEASE READ THE 'IMPORTANT' CHAPTER [closed] ***VERY old (may/april typa old.) NONE OF MY BOOK...