BETRAYAL

By princessuniy

Have you ever had someone you loved more than anything betray you? Inseparable, triplets from different mothe... More

Author's note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
Final author's note

22

141 7 3
By princessuniy

Calvin was at his office looking blankly on an empty space, a lot of thoughts were running through his mind. Michael is alive, we met him yesterday. He furiously rubbed his forehead. He heard a small knock on his door, he muttered a tired yes to let her in as he knew it must be Linda. Linda walked in a second later.

"What is it?" he asked her in a small voice.

"I have good news," she announced with a big smile. But Calvin just stared at her blankly, as if her existence itself was boring him.

Linda coughed awkwardly seing the lack of enthusiasm in her boss, she wasn't expecting much from the begining but still.

"I was able to arrange a meeting with Mr. Henry," she said cheerfully, not letting his boss's mood bring her down.

"You did? When?" Calvin asked her, his one eyebrow raised was the only sign that showed he was interested in what she was saying.

"Today. It was the only time he agreed to squeeze you in. After hours of begging his secretary to give you a spot I finally did it," she told him, expecting a you did a good job. Or at least a smile to show that she did a good job but there was none.

"What time?" he asked.

"10 a.m."

Calvin checked his watch. "That's an hour from now," he frowned.

"Sorry, it was either this or nothing."

"Okay, cancel my morning meetings. I'll be heading out now."

"Okay Sir," she answered. Calvin didn't spare her a second glance, he grabbed his keys and walked out. Linda sighed. At least I was not yelled at today.

* * *

Calvin passed through the secretary office on his way to Henry's office. The secretary smiled at him welcomingly.

"He is expecting you," she told him before opening the door to Henry's office.

"Thank you."

Calvin walked inside. He saw Henry in a dark blue well fitted suit standing beside his table, looking outside through the glass walls. He internally cursed after noticing his office was almost twice bigger than his. The interior design, the glass walls and the view underneath it was also nothing compared to his. 'I should have my office remodeled,' he thought.

"Mr Henry, nice to meet you. I really appreciate you agreeing to meet me. I can't explain how m-" he stopped when he turned to face him.

"MICHAEL!!" he exclaimed. "W-what are you doing there?"

"You said you had to meet me, you wanted to know why I was terminating the contract," he shrugged.

"What are you talking about? I requested to meet Henry Martin, not you," Calvin said confused.

"And you're meeting him," he told him before he slowly walked to sit on the couch beside where Calvin was standing. Calvin who didn't understand what was going on just stood there staring at him. What does he mean? Is he suggesting that he is Henry? Why would he be Henry? That didn't make sense at all.

"You can take a seat now, I don't have all day. I'm a busy man," he said, not showing any emotions on his face.

"Is this some kind of a joke?" Calvin asked him as he slowly sat down.

"Are we in a situation where we can be joking around with each other?" he asked him calmly.

"Then what did you mean by you are him? Why would you be here as Henry?"

"I don't think we're that close anymore to be speaking about our private lives."

He continued, "So I'll get straight to the point. The reason I can't renew the contract with you is because I've found out your company is associating itself with illegal businesses."

"What are you talking about?" Calvin's eyes widened.

"This is what I'm talking about," Michael pointed at the sack of files that was on the coffee table infront of him. Calvin took one of the file on the top and opened it and his eyes widened. He tried to hide the shock on his face but he failed miserably. How can these be in Michael's hands?

"W-where did you get t-these??" Calvin internally cursed at his cracking voice.

"I don't think that's what you should be asking. What you should be asking is what am I planning to do with these, or more like what did I do with these?"

"What did you do?" Calvin could feel his hands trembling, he had to put the file down so Michael won't notice. But nothing escaped Michael's eyes.

"Take a guess," Michael smirked at him.

"No, you didn't."

"Oh yes I did. I sent them an hour ago before I arranged a meeting with you. By now I bet the investigators and reporters are already storming in your company," he smiled at him, that fake provocative smile.

He continued, "I told you I would take away what you love the most and I always keep my promises."

"You should hurry and save whatever little you can from your company," he paused and gave a little thought before adding "Well technically it isn't even your company. I mean you literally started it with the money you got from the Gemstone I found."

Calvin looked at him in horror. Not his company!

"Atleast today there's emotions on your face. Glad to know you still have feelings," Michael mockingly smiled at him before standing up and walking back to his chair to continue reading the files on his desk, which was only a pretence. Calvin who was still in shock quickly stood and slowly started to walk away. He felt his legs weakening but he had to move.

"And...just a piece of advice, stop trusting thugs. One day they're loyal to you, the next day they're loyal to who offers more money," Michael told him without bothering to look at him.

Calvin quickly opened the door and walked out. He sprinted outside and quickly took his phone out and started calling different numbers of different offices in his company but none picked up. He got in his car and started driving off in a full speed. Not my company!

* * *

Haroon sat on the couch of their quite and almost empty house, a lot of thoughts were in his mind. The radio was playing in a low voice in the background, he didn't pay any attention to what was on. He sighed and leaned back in the couch, but he immediately jolted up after something from the radio caught his mind. He ran to it and increased the volume.

His eyes widened as he hears the breaking news that was on "......caught the attention of many as he rose his company in a very short span. But now that his company has been found of engaging itself in illegal businesses, many think that's the reason the company could rose that high in a short amount of time. A lot of investors that were investing or planning to are now pulling out. Also the board of directors decided to sue him for causing their company to go under by engaging it with goons. It's still under investigation if the directors really didn't know their company's involvement in the illegal businesses, so far there's no evidence that shows their involvement. In just less than a day Mr Calvin Borris who was named one of the top ten youngest multimillionaire of the year in the begining of this year, went from multimillonaire to a commoner with a huge debt and multiple lawsuits behind him. A lot of fellow businessmen thinks this is a blow that he will never be able to recover from. Late this afternoon the police went after the goon who helped Mr Calvin Borris but it's said that they already fled the country. The farther investig..."

Haroon legs gave away and he fell down.

Michael! This has to be Michael's doing, it can't be a coincidence!! Power was the thing Calvin loved most, he knew that. Michael knew that. But how? How was he able to pull it off?? How was he able to take it down in one go just like that? Haroon was in a dilemma.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 14.1K 104
Everyone has that one life changing moment, That moment defines you. It shapes who you are as a person, and pushes you down the path that leads to th...
107K 1.5K 36
Life gave me another chance with him and all i'm going to do is break his heart. What would you do if life suddenly gave you another chance to be wi...
1.2K 41 25
Sometimes you take advantage that you have your friends with you around all the time. And when it's time to split apart you're never really ready. Th...
1.3K 119 16
Who knew my life could be this complicated? So many lies, so much hate, and so much drama. It may get out of hand and murders, mysteries and killers...