tratie one shots, vol. i

By spacenams

tratie deserves more fanfiction. [ completed story ] More

[ intro ]
[ the first time ]
[ thanks to leo ]
[ a good dad ]
[ processing / tw ]
[ descriptions pt. 1 ]
[ out loud ]
[ dead ]
[ black spot ]
[ surprise ]
[ coffee shop ]
[ say it ]
[ descriptions pt. 2 ]
[ pick-up lines ]
[ family reunion pt. 1 ]
[ looking at him ]
[ spy au ]
[ poetic ]
[ angry kisses ]
[ angry kisses pt. 2 ]
[ flowers ]
[ skin au pt. 1]
[ skin au pt. 2 ]
[ skin au pt. 3 ]
[ just go with it ]
[ not so blind pt. 1 ]
[ not so blind pt. 2 ]
[ hotel room ]
[ summer ]
[ april fools ]
[ ex ]
[ ex pt. 2 ]
[ serenity ]
[ laser tag ]
[ mistletoe ]
[ epiphany ]
[ nurse au ]
[ who holds what ]
[ moving in pt. 1 ]
[ moving in pt. 2 ]
[ i like you pt. 1 ]
[ i like you pt. 2 ]
[ glasses pt. 1 ]
[ glasses pt. 2 ]
[ a/n - screensavers ]
[ hotel room pt. 2 ]
[ flower shop au ]
[ tomorrow / tw ]
[ lying lessons pt. 1 ]
[ a/n - here's the plan ]
[ ship it pt. 1 ]
[ a/n - thank y'all! ]
[ ship it pt. 2 ]
[ mortals meet au ]
[ a/n - my spotify ]
[ tangled au ]
[ a/n - new story! ]
[ importance ]
[ hide ]
[ moving in pt. 3 ]
[ jealous pt. 1 ]
[ jealous pt. 2 ]
[ sick ]
[ lying lessons pt. 2 ]
[ ferris wheel ]
[ unbelievable ]
[ roommates pt. 1 ]
[ roommates pt. 2 ]
[ katie's interview ]
[ travis' interview ]
[ bedtime story ]
[ home ]
[ a/n - poetry ]
[ a/n - sorry lol ]
[ headcanons pt. 1 ]
[ high school au ]
[ headcanons pt. 2 ]
[ headcanons pt. 3 ]
[ scoundrel ]
[ the call ]
[ spark ]
[ a/n - ew another a/n ]
[ family reunion pt. 2 ]
[ loved her / tw ]
[ all my favorite places ]
[ loved him / tw ]
[ a/n - new cover ]
[ a/n - oops ]
[ headcanons pt. 4 ]
[ a/n - youtube channel ]
[ observation ]
[ anxiety ]
[ a/n - last a/n ]
[ short ]
[ his vows ]
[ a/n - i lied this is the last one ]
[ her vows ]
[ facebattling ]
[ ending ]

[ ship it pt. 3 ]

3.3K 122 294
By spacenams

i had a lot of fun writing this one. props to @grxceful-ly for guessing a good portion of the ending! (go check out her percabeth one shots for more on them, because she's literally the best at writing them lol.)

words: 1286

. . .

Katie-kat,

I'm not sure how to write this letter. I'm not even sure I want to write it. But I guess I'll do it since everyone else is on board with this whole prank. Better time than any, huh? I'm not good at writing my emotions, but here's the best I can do. I've hidden my feelings for so long. Ever since day one, I knew I could never hate you. You're so amazing, and funny, and pretty. Even though you're kinda bossy sometimes, I think we really could get along if we tried. Maybe even more than get along. I don't know how to be all romantic about it on paper, so I'm just going to say it: I like you, Katie. A lot. Meet me at the dock if you reciprocate, no pranks, I swear on the River Styx.

- Your "secret" admirer, but I'm sure you've already figured it out

Wow.

Katie had plopped onto her bunk, mouth hanging open as she read the letter from Travis. That said he liked her.

This couldn't be real.

She didn't know how to take it. Her eyes scanned the rushed letters again, and then once more. It definitely seemed like something Travis would write if her were to admit feelings for someone.

But feelings for her?

On the one hand, they were enemies, and everyone at camp knew it. When they met, they'd argue daily, he'd prank her constantly, and she'd yell him down every time. That was their dynamic.

On the other hand, did they even hate each other? They laughed about their fights later, and she didn't really mind the practical jokes. As they grew older with each other, they were more friends than foes. They sought each other out to talk and were always there to listen and bounce ideas off of mutually.

Was that enough to like someone?

Her heart rate sped up as she thought about it. Sure, she'd questioned if there could've been something more to their relationship, but she'd never considered taking initiative to say anything. Not that she wouldn't have jumped at an opportunity, but...

This is my opportunity.

Swallowing at her realization, she tried to weigh her options. She could ignore the letter and act like nothing happened. Some awkwardness would ensue, but nothing tragic. Travis wouldn't have brought it up ever again. Or, she could confront him and tell him she didn't have feelings for him. Not only would that have been a lie, but then she would've lost the person she enjoyed being with the most.

Did I really just think that?

That answered it for her. She was going to the lake to find Travis. He liked her. She decided to give him a shot.

Her footsteps quickened as she approached the dock, where, sure enough, Travis stood. His back faced her and he surveyed the lake, foot tapping with nerves.

Confidence wavering for a moment, she wondered if she shouldn't have come.

Then he turned around.

"Katie-kat?"

For a moment, her instincts pushed for her to march up to him and shove him into the lake for even writing such an abrupt letter. She searched for any sign of this being a prank, but she'd already known it wasn't one. He wouldn't have been kidding about this, regardless of what he swore upon in his letter.

"You like me," she breathed, taking a hesitant step onto the dock.

He exhaled a chuckle. "You like me."

No more words were needed. Confirmation were held within those three words exchanged, and the tension that had been built up for the prior years dissolved. Katie walked up to the Stoll and threw her arms around him.

"You like me," she repeated, heart fluttering.

A lopsided grin stretched across his face. He pulled her into his chest, one arm slung around her middle and the other cradling her head. "Yup."

Motionless, they reveled in their vanished enmity. All smiles and relief, their moment burst with a glowing form of happiness. They didn't hate each other. Arguably, they never had.

It was perfect.

"I was so worried this was going to be a practical joke," Katie admitted, finally breaking the silence.

He craned his neck down to look at her. "What do you mean?"

"I know you swore on the River Styx that it wouldn't be, but I know you and I know you can't help yourself with your pranks, and..."

"When did I swear on the Styx?"

Katie shook herself lightly and tilted her head. "In the letter. You said-"

"What letter?"

She extracted herself from his embrace and stumbled back, incredulous. "The letter you wrote to tell me you liked me. It said to meet you here."

"Then what about your letter?"

"What letter?!" Katie threw her hands in the air.

"Your letter declaring your love for me!" Travis exclaimed, confusion flooding the space between them. "It told me the same thing!"

"I didn't write a letter...?" she trailed off as two figures shot out of the water.

"Gotcha!" Percy cackled, followed by Annabeth's proud giggles.

"Wha-"

The two had clambered up onto the dock straight from the lake, both dry as could be. Katie would've been marveling at Percy's abilities to keep them dry if not for the fact that they stood before her and Travis, laughing their heads off.

"What's this about?" Travis, scatterbrained as ever, ran a hand through his hair.

Though Katie hadn't taken the time to appreciate Percy's water manipulation, she did take a moment to appreciate Travis' hair.

Percy pulled himself together long enough to say, "We pranked you guys hard."

"You really thought we wouldn't show each other the letters we were getting?" Annabeth followed up. "It was obvious it was a joke, and we traced it back to you two."

"More like she did. I just watched," Percy finished.

Katie couldn't believe it. She'd just been pranked by two sophomores, with a son of Hermes who didn't suspect it. She guessed he was beating himself up over it, because when she faced him, Travis looked distraught.

"So... you don't like me," he concluded.

Annabeth scoffed. "She obviously does. That's why she came here."

"That's why you came, too," Percy added.

"I knew you'd both show up if we put it in both letters, because it's painfully apparent that you like each other." Annabeth reached over and propped her elbow on Percy's shoulder, which made him blush. "You just needed a little push to admit it."

How ironic, Katie thought.

Her attention was brought to Travis, who stared at her with so much emotion that he could've bore holes into Katie's head.

"She's right," he credited. "You wouldn't have come if you didn't like me."

Katie contemplated punching him in the face and claiming that she was in on Percy and Annabeth's prank, but she knew they'd just diss her. Besides, maybe she did like him.

A lot.

"We'll leave you guys to it," Annabeth said, ushering Percy away from the lake. Katie still wondered about why she'd been so comfortable under the water with Percy and how often they did that, but she figured that was a question for another time.

Once they were gone, Travis scratched the back of his head uneasily. "Uh, I guess we're not enemies anymore, then?"

Katie grabbed the front of his shirt and yanked him close to her face, just like she always did when she was about to destroy him for a prank. He flinched out of habit, preparing himself for a smack to the face.

But he received something much different: a kiss.

She pressed her lips to his briefly, but it was certainly enough to get the message across. She pulled away with enough distance to say, "We're definitely not enemies anymore, Stoll."

He grinned and brought her close again. Eyes scouring over her, his lips ghosted over hers.

"Good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.6K 1.1K 16
•completed story• Katie Gardner, daughter of Demeter, and Travis Stoll, son of Hermes, have an admittedly strange relationship dynamic. In the midst...
142K 2.3K 27
[literal cringe but I salute and admire those who liked it ig] "STOLLS!!!" What every camper at Camp Half-Blood wakes up to every day. Yet again, Tr...
9.3K 285 21
---𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙮 𝙨𝙪𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙖 𝙜𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙡, 𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙝 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙨 𝙚𝙭𝙖𝙘𝙩...
13.9K 271 44
✩₊˚.⋆𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ☾⋆⁺₊✧ The Son of Poseidon falls for the Daughter of Persephone, she has closed herself off after feeling like everyone around he...