My Nightmare Crush

By _SiaraL_

He used to be my crush, now he's my nightmare. ******************** Long story short: We knew each other sinc... More

Advises
Description
Cast
Prologue
1|| How this year is gonna be
2|| Broken and pitiable
3|| Seat's taken
4|| He likes you!
5|| That was so hot
6|| What pill?
7|| You're stuck with me
8|| Obviously
9|| Push and pull
10|| Sounds 'bout boring
11|| Wanna bet?
12|| Attention whore
13|| I'm motherfucking especial!
14|| Start over
15|| Done
16|| How can I believe you?
17|| I promise
18|| Are we talking about the same Brett?
19|| Looks like you need it
20|| Don't flinch
21|| Why keep up with this shit?
22|| I knew this picture
23|| Such a perv
24|| Friend zone?
25|| You'll figure it out
26|| I didn't mean to
27|| Playing it down
28|| Sober heart
29|| The rug was pulled
30|| Waiting
31|| Turn of events
32|| Doors open, remember?
33|| Fifth wheel
34|| Claim my prize
Bonus part || Brett's POV
36|| PART ONE || Handle it your way
36|| PART TWO || Always
37|| Me neither
38|| I won't let go
Epilogue
Bonus part || 1 Year Later
Bonus part || 4th of July
CONNOR
NEW STORY
Thank you

35|| Was it worth it?

7.7K 342 88
By _SiaraL_

Dedicated to shailahashmi, for all the support and lovely comments <333

OH MY GOD.

Startled I pulled away, staring baffled his mesmerizing blue eyes. Everything around us felt like a confused blur and without realizing it my hand had made its way to my lips as my gaze travelled down to Brett's.

Did he- Did he just kiss me?

I'd never been kissed before, and so far books and movies had done a great job with the hype around this moment. I'd wished for years for it to be perfect with the perfect guy. For so long I hoped it'd be Brett, then he turned against me and that wish died, but lately it came back stronger than ever. Yesterday we almost did and now... Now it just happened.

One simple, delightly, brief touch and he'd stolen my first kiss.

"You...kissed me." I blinked through the pouring rain as it drenched my hair and clothes, sticking them to my body. Yet my lips still tickling and burning from that lightly yet wonderful contact and I couldn't process any thing else.

Unaware of the people celebrating the victory around us, it all seemed to fade away. There were only Brett and I. He smirked, pulling me flush against his chest and my heart stopped.

"I think I did." everything else disappeared when he leaned down and sealed our mouths together again.

My eyes shut close and this time I found myself kissing back. Not that I knew what I was doing but my body took control, responding on instincts I didn't know I had, and it just felt right. I felt a smile stretching his lips, warm and soft against mine, fleeting as his hands gripped my waist tighter and my head spun as both of us moved in sync in a slow, sweet pace. Brett was taking his time like savouring each second of it while driving me to the edge of delirium. I laced my fingers in his slick flocks as fireworks shone under my lids and a blissful feeling took control over me.

That exceeded any fantasy I could had have and outshined every hype about firsts kisses.

Simply. AMAZING.

Why on earth took us so long from doing it? What a stupid waste of time!

One of his arms still encircling my waist and his other hand slowly found its way up my spine, spreading heat all over me and moving so sensually that I shuddered under his touch. He cupped my nape while tenderly caressing my cheek with his thumb, and I couldn't help a low moan when he sucked my bottom lip into his mouth and gently tugged...

Right before someone grasped our shoulders forcefully snapping us back to reality.

It was like emerging from the water after been diving for a while, realization and sound came back all at once along with the end of slow-motion.

"Well, dude, it was about time, but, honestly, PDA?" Hunter -apparently the one who'd interrupted us- winked at me and I blushed deeply. Hopefully most people seemed too busy in the fuss and crazy wheather to pay attention to what just ocurred and the few that did only sent me knowing looks and smirks.

"Fuck off." Brett pushed him and Hunter laughed but stepped back.

"Let the congrats for later, Brettie, we have to take the picture."

"Yeah, yeah, in a minute now beat it."

I watched their whole intervention, rotten to my spot, unable to process what's happening, still feeling the kiss like it kept going and that thought made me blush hard. Brett took my hand and pulled me out my trance as he tugged me away from the crowd.

Still dazed and confused at what was happening I let him guided me to the side of the bleachers, away from curious eyes. But in my mind that kiss still replaying non-stop, like a scratched disk I analyzed all over. Did that really just happend?

I snapped out my trance when Brett cupped my face, brushing away the damp strands attached to it. His touch and nearness did wild things to my senses.

"You kissed me back." his eyes darted between mine, the most heart-melting emotion pouring from them, and a slow blush spread through my face.

"I think I did." I teased and he let out a groan a as his gaze fell to my lips and darkened.

Not even a second later our third kiss was happening. This more eager and playful than the previous slow, tender one; but still making my heart race, dance and melt in my rib-cage. All at once.

Too soon for my liking he parted our lips and I opened my eyes, panting for air but Brett kept his closed. He took a deep breath and rested our foreheads together with a smile. My hands were flat on his chest and I felt his furious heartbeat under my palms, as frantic as my own while we catch our breath. Was I the reason? Stamina flued throught my veins.

But then he opened his eyes and I couldn't think about anything that wasn't those piercing sky blue orbs.

"You've got no idea how badly I wanted to do that." his passionated statement made me blush and shyly smile. My next words surprised us both:

"Was it worth it?"

"Hell, yeah." his harsh chuckle hit my wet skin and more goosebumps appeared. He squeezed me tighter in his embrace, making me felt like a living oven even in the cold weather and dipped his head to brush his nose against mine. As if he pulled a button, my lids slid close and my lips tingled in expectation, wating for him to kiss me again. Please kiss me again. "What... what does this mean?"

The hint of insecurity in his voice hit me and forced my eyes open again meeting his and surprised at the unreadable feeling swirling there. "W-what?"

His head tilted, eying me with that look that made my stomach churn. Analysing me, and then: "I told you I like you." Oh, well. There it was again, the madding pulse againt my ears. "And you- you kissed me back?"

There was it again, the tone of unease, seeking in my eyes for answers and it was then that it stuck to me that I hadn't told him about my feelings. He might guessed them by my actions, but I hadn't openly voiced them. It hit me like a train. He was unease about it. My pulse quickened and my lungs filled with a sweet sense of warmth.

"I..." I took in a deep breath. Time to come clean Alyson. "I like you too, you know?"

The moment of suffocating anxiety at that confession was quickly drowned as soon as his eyes snapped back at mine. "You do?"

Almost with a mind on its own, one of my hands slid up from his chest cupping his face. Everything in me thawned when he covered it with his and leaned against it. A shy smile breaking through. "Of-f course I do."

"You like me?"

My brows knitted together. What was he playing at? "Yes-" Brett kissed me again, making everything else vanished in that blissful rush.

My instincts took charge before my mind could, and somehow I found myself responding to the kiss before even realizing. As if it was natural. As if there wasn't any other reason for me to be there than to kiss this guy in front of me. The only guy I ever wanted to share something like this with.

A rumbling noise climbed from the back of his throat and his chest vibrated against mine. Brett tilted his head searching for a better angle as I felt he licked into the steam of my lips, the most toe-curling sensation possessed me. Listening the flutter in my chest, I dared to part them, hesitant first but as son as his tongue delved in my mouth the whole world quit making sense.

It was just... so good.

Millions of fireworks erupted under my lids. Mind blowing.

Gripping on his shoulders for stability, I didn't realized he'd backed me 'til my back met the side of the bleachers, a surprised sound leaving my lips and dying in his. And then suddenly everything was moving too fast.

My heart somersaulted in my chest as I felt his hands running down my sides, setting a path of burning goosbumps through the fabric of the jumper -his jumper- I was wearing. The soaked cloth was like a second skin, a heavy and cold wall between me and his delightful touch. He moaned, circling one arm around my back to arc my body closer while pushing me further into the wall, deepening the kiss and making my mind spin.

This wasn't as sweet anymore. It was hot and bold and I felt overpowered by how strong the impulses where. He was relentless and determined and I found it hard to keep up with his intensity, suddenly too much for me to bear. It almost felt like I was drowning... blissfully drowning, but drowning after all.

"W-wait." I panted, my trembling hands holding on his shoulders for support...as if his whole body pressing mine to the hard surface wasn't enough. I felt hot all over as I parted our mouths to breath, feeling dizzy at this new passion I'd never known.

Ten minutes ago I hadn't been kissed yet, and now...

This-

My face burned at how inappropriate this was being and was suddenly greatful Brett had enough common sense to guide us here. I felt embarrassed at my own reaction, completely hormonal. "It's too much." Yet as my finger tightened around the damp fabric of his soccer shirt as if preventing him form moving away. I couldn't decided if this heat in the pit of my stomach, curling up an down my abdomen was something good or not. "I'm- I..."

"Okay." his ragged breaths hit my neck, almost talking to himself before repeating again, firmer this time. "Okay. We... we can take things slow."

Slow... Is that what I wanted? Honestly it was what I needed 'cause once again it proved I was incapable to think when it comes to Brett. Even messier now that all I could think about was how breathless he left me with that make out... Make out! A weird tingling climbed up my limbs, making my chest fluttered.

His skin felt so hot, as well as his body tightly pressing mine in place, a crude contrast against the air and drops of rain that fell from his hair to my face making me flinch. Hot and cold swirled in a blissful mix that got me mesmerized and longing for more.

Hot and cold, hot and cold...

"I told you I don't mind waiting." he said back in a hoarse voice that made me shudder. The way our noses brushed and his shallow intakes franned my face only elicited more shivers all over me. Hot, definitely hot. Brett heated gaze could easily burn down the pole as he rested his elbow on the wall behind me his free hand cupped my face, his thumb across my jawline tilting it upwards. "Just let me..." he brushed our lips again, making me melt immediately even if it lasted barely a few seconds. A part of me wanted to pull him down again but I was still too dazed to think properly. To my responsible part's relief, Brett smiled and pulled away, allowing me some turf to regan sanity. "We'll take things slow if that's what you want."

My face was burning, my lips felt swollen and there was this sensation in my chest as if I could fly away at any moment now. "I'm just a little comfused." I admited, not recognizing my own voice. It was as if I was on a trance. Who was this girl?!

Brett hummed, "It's okay, I get it." That cheeky grin doing all kinda things in my already twisted guts. "I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that you like me back."

My eyes widened at his bluntness and I shyly looked down, at the pool we've created at our feet. "Wasn't it obvious?"

"Not to me." he searched for my gaze again, beaming in happiness, and when he did he deadpanned: "Come to the ball with me."

My heart's strands tugged achingly, not having expect that sudden change of topic. "I-I'm going with Connor."

He grunted, stepping away and leaving me with a longing feeling and shivering at the sudden cold air that replaced him. "But you like me."

Oh my God, will he be bringing it out like this from now on? Tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear I felt myself grew even redder. "Well, um, yeah."

"Then?"

I frowned. I couldn't let down Connor when I'd been the one to ask him. He was my friend, and yeah, going with Brett would be different experience -especially now- but I was really looking forward on going with Connor. I'd already commited with him and I couldn't change plans like that the night before. It wouldn't be fair for anyone.

"We're going as friends." I stuttered. "We've got this plans for a while now, I can't just cancel them like that."

"And why not?" Brett's scowl deepened and suddenly he was back on me, my breath hitched in my throat as he leaned to whisper in my ear, his arms caging me against the side of the bleachers. "I can be very persuasive." I shuddered as his lips ghosted under my ear.

Focus, Alyson. Connor, Ball!

"I-I'm sorry."

He finally sighed and scowled down at me, realizing it was a firm decision. "I don't like it."

"It wouldn't be right to change my mind now. I was the one to ask him"

"Believe it or not, you're not making it better."

I couldn't help a smile at his childish behaviour. It was cute -and flattering- to see him getting frustrated over this. And that feeling somehow gave me the courage to stand on my tiptoes and pressed a quick kiss on his cheek, fighting away my shyness. "I still like you, you know?"

"You better." his eyes narrowed and he tried to hide it but I could notice the light pink in his cheeks and how he was fighting back a smile. Then shook his head and reach out to take my hand. "Let's go before we get sick." he stated pulling me towards were everyone was still celebrating and making me realized if it wasn't for him, I would be indeed not only soaked but also freezing. So I didn't protested when he tugged me under his arm as we stepped back into the rain, snuggling into the warmth he provided. "I still need to get the team's picture done and then I'll take you home."

"Oh," I think of the celebration and party that would more than certainly be thrown for their victory. And the people waiting for him, such as his family, friends and maybe even the coach had something else to say to him. I didn't want to be a burden. "You don't need to-"

"Shut up." his lips pressed to the top of my head as we approach the group of players preparing for the team's picture and he squeezed his arm tighter around me. Everyone was on the field now, mirth palpable in the air. Contagious. Increasing mine. "Just shut up."

I could only smile as my heart melted helplessly.

________________________________________

Hey! So there goes another chapter, please let me know what are your thoughts on what happen.

Also, soon will be a year since I started this book and I was thinking about making a special update. Like a Brett POV or something different... I don't know yet. If you got any ideas let me know and I'll see :)

Don't forget to comment, vote and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3M 345K 33
"What the hell?! Kennedy!" I watch as Ryder turns around furiously and strides towards me. Oh oh. Maybe I took it too far... "What'...
1.2M 25.6K 99
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...
1.1K 26 18
Her brows furrowed. "You look like you have something specific you wanna ask me." The tips of Liam's ears turned red at Emma's very accurate observat...
153K 4.6K 33
Completed "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked, glaring at him while he forcefully dragged me out of class. "You told me you need help...