Bad Girl VS. The Player

By hisracingheart

More

(Chapter 1)
(Chapter 2)
(Chapter 3)
(Chapter 4)
(Chapter 5)
(Chapter 6)
(Chapter 7)
(Chapter 8)
(Chapter 9)
(Chapter 10)
(Chapter 11)
(Chapter 13)
(Chapter 14)
(Chapter 15)
(Chapter 16)
(Chapter 17)
(Chapter 18)
(Chapter 19)
(Chapter 20)
(Chapter 21)
(Chapter 22)
(Chapter 23)
(Chapter 24)
(Chapter 25)
Author's Note
Epilogue

(Chapter 12)

362K 3.4K 432
By hisracingheart

 +Alexis+

Biology was so boring.

Blondie had a seat way away from me, so we wouldn’t get sussed by Tiffany. I was next to Ollie, and some guy who kept trying to stare down my top. You know, casually. Only it wasn’t so casual because he was sitting right in front of me, and I knew when he turned around to “borrow a pencil”, he wasn’t just staring at my new Chanel top. God, guys disgust me.

I’d kind of learnt Ollie only had two moods – boring, with a hint of extra boring, or annoyingly hyper and Carter-obsessed. Neither mood was endearing. Right now, she was being boring, and wouldn’t even read the billion notes I’d passed to her, because she said we had to “learn”, or something. Whatever. I was seriously willing to go to Tiffany to call the whole thing off, just so I could hang out with Blondie. Ollie was just…

I glanced up from my notes (doodles of pizza and soccer balls), and happened to catch the sight of Carter through the window, walking along the hall. Was the skipping? Oh, wait, it had to be one of the seniors’ free periods.

“May I go to the bathroom, sir?”

It was the seniors’ free periods, right? That meant Max was free.

***

“Where’s Max?” I asked Carter.

“In the Gym, benching. We have a big game coming up.”

I turned, and was about to walk away, when Carter grabbed my arm, and spun me back around to face him.

“Alexis, I need to talk to you.”

“Talk, then. I have to go.”

He glared at me, folding his arms across his chest. I can’t believe I used to find that face cute.

“To see Max, right?”

No shit, Sherlock.

“Yeah. So what?”

“Well…I thought that we had a connection. You know, that night?”

Was it me, or did he sound just a little bit threatening? Was Carter planning to expose me?

I smirked up at him. He’d been unlucky enough to catch me in a bad mood. Carter’s playing with fire, now.

“Yes, Carter,” I said, smiling, my tone dangerous. “I do remember. What about it?”

He took a step back, swallowing, but semi-held his ground.

“Well…I just…”

“What, Carter?” I smirked, taking a step towards him. “What are you going to do?”

“I’ll…get Max kicked off the team!” Carter said, suddenly confident. I tried not to look surprised. “I’m the head quarterback, and if I threaten to quit, they’ll definitely kick him out!”

I tilted my head, faking calm, while my heart thudded on. Why did I suddenly care? If he got kicked out, well, that would be Max’s problem. Right?

Why did I want to protect him?

“You would do that to your own friend?”

“I…I…Just stay away from him!”

I narrowed my eyes.

“I’m not yours, you know. I’m not anybody’s. If you keep ordering me around like that, you’re not going to like me anymore. Do you have any idea who my family are?”

He shook his head.

“My Dad owns Rise Enterprises. Does that mean anything to you? It does? Well, I’m pretty sure, if you mess with Max, I can keep you from every single team in the States. I could even hire someone to beat your face in.”

There was a flash of fear in his eyes. I took a couple steps closer to him, smirking dangerously. I held his chin, pulling his face close to mine. We were now so close our breaths mingled in the air. He tried to look away, but somehow…he couldn’t.

“You wouldn’t want that, would you?” I whispered, leaning in. My fingers caressed him face, enjoying his look of pure terror. “A pretty face like yours…what would you be without it?”

I maintained eye contact with him, for a couple seconds longer, just so the message would sink in. I’ve played the bitch card many, many times. It’s always worked.

And I walked away.

***

I turned the corner, and saw Kyle standing there, as hot as usual, in a pressed shirt and a pair of casual jeans. He had a look of shock on his face, mingled with…what? Had he heard anything?! If he told Max –

I pushed Kyle down the corridor, forcing him into an empty science lab, and closing the door behind us with a gentle ‘thunk’.

“What did you see?” I asked, trying to keep calm.

He’d composed his face now, and just looked kind of amused.

“I saw you threatening someone to keep away from…“Max”, was it?” he said, smirking “I didn’t know you started dating again. I thought you turned into the one night stand kind of girl.”

“That’s none of you business. You have no right to start messing about with my life.”

Au contraire,” Kyle said, smirking. “J’ai tous les droits. Savez-tu pourquoi, Alexis?

He leaned down, a single finger traced my jaw line. My breathing quickened.

“Your French is better,” I mumbled, trying to pull away from him.

Kyle smirked.

“I had a good teacher. After all, it was…”

He shoved me against the wall, hard. I looked up at him, at his eyes, so blue they were almost hypnotic. He moved his body closer to mine, his fingers playing over the sensitive skin just below my collarbone. I tried not to moan. Damn it, how did Kyle know all my weaknesses? Well, that was obvious. Kyle was the guy who first discovered them, weaknesses I had no idea I had, before him.

“…you. Do you still remember those days? When you were my French tutor? In my bedroom, poring over boring French textbooks, while you desperately tried to teach me French so I would…like you?”

He chuckled. I’d frozen.

“Well,” Kyle whispered. His thumb, that had been tracing circles on my bare skin, slowly slid downwards, dipping under my shirt. I tried to think of Max, tried to push Kyle away, but when Kyle’s eyes were so blue, it was impossible to think of Max’s green ones.

“After a week or so, we weren’t really reading the textbooks anymore, now, were we?”

I closed my eyes, trying to get myself to push him away. I was terrified. How could Kyle still have this power over me?

“I could barely believe you were a virgin…you were so, so easy.”

My eyes snapped open, and I finally pushed him away. He stumbled a little, and fell back, looking stunned.

“I’ve changed, Kyle,” I said, trying to keep my voice even. “I’m not that easy person anymore. I’m a cynical bitch. You know that. You’re the one who made me this way. So leave me alone before I go all ‘cynical bitch’ on your ass, okay?”

I tried to maintain some of my dignity as I stalked away, and my hand was on the handle when Kyle spoke.

“Your father gave me the right to…force you to leave this school. At first, I thought, ha! Like she didn’t want that. This is a dirty public school, after all.”

I didn’t turn around, but I knew Kyle would be smirking.

“But now I see you have someone here worth staying for,” he said, his voice getting closer.

“What are you talking about?”

I still couldn’t get myself to move.

He was right behind me now, pressing his long, lean body against my back.

“We’re going to have a lot of fun, Alexis,” he whispered into my neck, raising goose bumps. I shivered a little, and I knew he felt it. We were way too close for him not to feel it.

Kyle’s hand went over mine, and his gently pressed down the handle, opening the door.

Then he pushed passed me, walking away.

My heart thudded hard, and I had to force my breathing to slow. I was terrified. I honestly was.

***

“Hey,” Max said, waving at me, from the bench he was lying on. It was kind of amazing because he was in the middle of a bench press. His cheeks were tinged red, and his breathing was hard. I admired his tanned arms and his muscular chest, and the way they looked in his little vest. As I tried not to drool, I felt kind of surprised the whole female population didn’t just skip class to watch him.

“Hi,” I replied, smirking, and sitting down on the bench next to him. “How much you benching these days, Max? Two hundred pounds… Impressive.”

He let go, and sat up, wiping away the (very sexy) sweat that had formed on his brow. I wove my fingers into his other hand, and then suddenly stopped, annoyed at the way my heart started racing. Was Max the person Kyle was talking about? The person that made this place worth staying for?

There was an awkward silence for a bit.

“So. How was your weekend?”

I grinned up at him, glad he actually sounded like he cared, and not that he was just asking this to try and get into my pants. Max was a good boyfriend.

NO! He wasn’t your boyfriend! He was nothing but a guy. Just another guy you were playing. Don’t get dragged in, Alexis. Don’t start caring.

“Fine.” My voice was a little cold.

“Are you sure?” he asked, suddenly worried. How did he read me so easily?

“No, no,” I said, being stupidly bright and cheerful. “I’m fine! I was just ill at the weekend, that’s all. I’m fine now, I just…”

My voice trailed when I saw the two people behind Max’s head. Oh my god. Hell, no.

Kyle and Carter passed the Gym window.

Kyle looked straight up, into my eyes. His lips twisted up into a little smirk, shaking his head in a way that seemed to say, “You’ve been a very bad girl, Alexis”.

What did Carter tell him about me?

Hey, wait! They weren’t…Oh my God. They’re coming in.

***

Author's Note: Just finished it, and realized not everyone will know French :)

Kyle says: Oh contrary. I have every right. Do you know why, Alexis?

Not trying to be condescending to people who do know french :) :) :) :) :)

Quindruply smily face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I'm going kind of insane. I haven't been outside in aaaaaages. Okay, I went out yesterday to buy some new clothes (which was kind of my late x-mas pressie. For myself. Cos, you know, the post-christmas sales. Paid for by my parents, of course, to make up for my crappy x-mas pressies. The running machine thing. I should really learn the name. You know, the machine that's kind of like a conveyor belt. But one that counts calories).

 I don't know if the whole benching this is accurate or not, but WHATEVS!!!! I don't bench!!!!! If I did, I probably wouldn't write.

VOMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT VOMIT!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lost By bri;)

Teen Fiction

744 82 23
"Everyone hopes for that perfect life, but me I just want to be happy. Maybe this new school will help. I don't know anymore. Everything was okay unt...
108K 4.1K 40
I've been unlucky in love. I've had my heart broken so many times. When I meet a guy, he makes me believe I can love again. He is everything I've eve...
606 81 44
They're no longer babies. They're growing up. This is their lives. They'll meet new people and go through new experiences. Started: July 22,2022 Com...
317K 11.1K 71
Moving to a new town is not easy, especially when you're not good at making friends. Then you add in the popular guy from next door that you're force...