Remember My Name

By yejinhandlands

When Dr. Son Ye Jin resurfaced in Dr. Hyun Bin's hospital in Korea, he didn't know what else to do. Can the t... More

1 - Straight from New York
2 - Drunken Musings
3 - The Happy Hormones
4 - The Stockroom on the 6th Floor
5 - Save Me, Doctor
6 - Back to School
7 - Thirteen Hours Ahead
8 - Dominant Allele
9 - Twenty Questions
11 - Green Eyed
12 - House No. 1125
13 - Transient Fatigue
14 - Cravings in Life
15 - Raging Hormones
16 - Everything in Between
17 - Sweet Deviations
Special Chapter - Don't Leave
Epilogue - Remind You Everyday
Special Chapter: A Week with the Hyuns (I)

10 - First Date

14K 372 72
By yejinhandlands

⚠️ Content Warning: This chapter has some mature content that some people may not be comfortable reading. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.

First, combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix them together using a whisk.

The woman in the video playing on Yejin's tablet said, showing to the camera the box of flour, baking powder, and sugar. Yejin did as she said, and she grabbed her whisk to mix all the ingredients in her bowl.

Next, in a separate bowl, add two eggs and beat them with your whisk.

Yejin grabbed another bowl and cracked the eggs into it, whisking them as instructed.

She heard her door unlock, and when it opened, she saw his boyfriend entering her apartment on his way to her. She smiled from ear to ear when they greeted each other with a peck on the lips.

It's been a week since Yejin and Bin became officially a couple again, so the past week has been a bliss for the both of them. They are enjoying the honeymoon part of their relationship, as if the newly-reunited couple hadn't experienced that already fifteen years ago.

Yejin already told him the passcode of her apartment to lessen her arrhythmia-like symptoms she's been having whenever she hears her doorbell in the morning. However, it won't really be much of help because simply seeing him makes her heart beat so fast.

It wasn't arrhythmias, it wasn't palpitations, it's just simply the body's reaction to seeing someone you love so much. Ironically for her, the heart doctor is the one making her heart race at an abnormally fast speed.

"What is my girlfriend cooking?" Bin said, emphasizing the world girlfriend.

"Girlfriend?" Yejin said, the word that escaped his lips making her shy.

"You are my girlfriend, aren't you?" He said, leaning his back on the counter behind him to level down to her height.

"I am." she smiled, "The term is just making me shy. I mean, I am 38 years old and now I'm smiling like I'm 18."

"You're 38?" Bin pretended to be shocked, "Your pretty face tells me you're 22."

Yejin just laughed and began beating the egg in her bowl once again, "I'm cooking pancakes for you and Ae-Rin."

Bin looked at his girlfriend. During the eight years that they were together, Yejin tried to cook on multiple occasions. She even bought tons of cookbooks. Bin mastered the 'Ohhhh, it's so good, but try lessening the salt, Love. But it's really good!' face whenever he tries one of her dishes. But when Yejin tastes her creations herself, she would get disheartened and just give up cooking altogether. It really wasn't for her, she said, and no cheering up from Bin would change her mind.

Not until recently, when she cooked Samgyetang for Bin did he realize she still doesn't know how to cook after 7 years have passed.

"You can just buy a pancake mix in the grocery, love."

"I know," She said, adding milk and melted butter on the bowl, "but I wanted to make something for you and Ae-Rin out of scratch."

Seeing her, making efforts for him and their child, made him love her even more. He asked himself, 'Is it possible to love someone this much?'

Bin grabbed her face to pull her closer towards him and gave her a long sweet kiss. Before the kiss could escalate to something else, they pulled away catching their breaths.

"Ahjussi?" Bin's back was faced against the door to Yejin and Ae-Rin's room, so when she opened the door, it was Bin who she first saw. Yejin's eyes widened upon the sight of her daughter, who thankfully by the looks on her face, is still unsuspecting.

"Ae Rin-ah!" Bin called her. She then ran towards him and Bin carried her in his arms. "Did you just wake up?"

"Yes, Ahjussi. Eat breakfast with us, please!" Ae-Rin then looked at her mom who was still whisking the pancake batter. "Good morning, Eomma!"

While still in Bin's arms, Ae-Rin pouted her lips and leaned towards her mother, asking for a kiss. Her mom obliged, and she kissed Ae-Rin in the lips. "Good morning, my Love", Yejin said.

Bin looked at both of his girls and let out a smile. He put Ae-Rin down and she ran towards the living room to play.

"I'm jealous," he said. "I want morning kisses from my Yejin and my Ae-Rin too."

Yejin pouted and held Bin's hand, glancing at her daughter to make sure she's not looking, and she planted a soft chaste kiss on his lips.

It was Bin's decision not to tell Ae-Rin yet, because he didn't want to surprise his child. Truth be told, he was a little bit scared of how she will react. Yes, given she loves him as an Ahjussi, but what will she react to the news that he is her father? Both were completely different things.

And so Yejin and Bin hid their relationship. One would have thought that hiding a relationship from a 6 year old child is easy, but not if it's with an eagle-eyed 6 year old Ae-Rin.

The only one who knew about their relationship is her Unnie, because when she went home after spending a night at his place, her ASG is evident in her face, and she didn't notice that the buttons of her top were mismatched. Unnie noticed instantly.

-

Yejin served the pancakes on the dining table, earning an impressed reaction that she didn't burn it. As expected, Bin and Ae-Rin drizzled their pancakes with LOTS of chocolate syrup.

No one can deny the uncanny resemblance.

After breakfast, Yejin was washing the dishes when Bin came up to her to help.

"Bin.." she called him, "It's my off day, so I will be enrolling Ae-Rin to the kindergarten. Just thought you should know."

Since Bin is already assuming his role as a father to Ae-Rin, Yejin have been consulting—informing him, at least, in all matters relating to their child, no matter how small it is.

"Really? That's great! What time?"

"At noon, I guess?"

"Okay. Wait for me?" He said, checking his phone for his schedule, "I want to come with the both of you."

Seeing that his afternoon schedule is empty, he said, "I just have a quick angioplasty at 9:00 and I just have to fix some documents but I'll pick you up here at 12:30, if that's okay?"

"Of course, Love."

Bin kissed her goodbye and went to work.

-

Dr. Hyun's minimally invasive surgery is scheduled to be finished at 10:30, since all he needed to do was thread a balloon catheter in the patient's arm up to the blocked artery to improve the flow of blood to the heart. A relatively easy procedure for the head of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, and so he didn't worry about getting on time with Ae-Rin's enrollment.

However, the patient's angiogram didn't pick up all the blocked arteries of his heart. In cases such as this one, the other option is to do a CABG surgery- a procedure that will take him 4 hours minimum.

He thought about his daughter, and he looked at the patient on his table.

He sighed and his heavy heart weighted his entire body down as he said, "Scalpel, please."

-

Bin ran towards his office to get his car keys and change his clothes. It took him exactly a minute to do that and a moment after, he hurriedly went to his car to go home. He didn't see the 4 missed calls Yejin made for the past 2 hours.

What Yejin said before kept ringing in his head: "It's either we turn into bad doctors, or bad parents. I couldn't do that to our Baby, Bin."

Now he understands her fully.This is what she was afraid of. He can't blame her, because he was afraid too.

Was he a bad parent today? The thought kept bugging his mind.

He readied herself for Yejin's frown when he opened the door to her apartment.

"Yejin-"

"Shhhh," Yejin said, holding her index finger to her lips, shushing him.

Bin saw both of them on the sofa. Yejin was watching a variety show while Ae-Rin is curled up on her lap, sleeping soundly.

He sat beside her and said, "Yejin, I'm so sorry." he said, explaining. "I had to do a CABG on-"

He stopped when he felt her hand on his arm.

"It's okay, Bin. I understand." And she really does.

Yejin saw the disappointment in Bin's face. He was actually thinking that he messed it up today, and he failed on his first fatherhood task.

Yejin was quick to wipe his worries away. "Bin, it's really okay. I know you can't leave your patient there."

Bin wrapped her in a side embrace and kissed her head, and he did the same for Ae-Rin.

"Still, I'm sorry." he said, intertwining Yejin's fingers into his. "What if I turn out to be a bad father?"

"You won't, and I'm no saint either." Yejin said as she looked at him, "There were times that I wasn't present for her too. But there's nothing else I can do but try harder the day after, so that the next time she needs me, I'll be there."

The two fell silent.

"But it's you and I now. We're partners." Bin felt Yejin squeezed his hand, and somehow his worries lessened. "We'll do our best, hmm?"

Bin just nodded, leaned, and rested his head on Yejin, waiting for their lovely child to wake up.

-

Yejin and Bin followed a running Ae-Rin inside the Kindergarten. The adults went inside the admissions office while Ae-Rin went to the empty classrooms to run around and play, totally entertained with the brightly colored walls and the cartoon characters painted on them.

Yejin went to follow Ae-Rin, and she asked Bin to talk to the admissions officer.

"Just fill this out, sir." the woman said, handing him a paper.

Name

Son Ae-Rin, he wrote.

Bin just realized that Ae-Rin is still using her mother's name. He made a mental note to talk to Yejin regarding this, or not. 'Maybe I'll just wait til her mom changes her last name too, so they can just fix papers together. It won't be too long before that anyway', he thought with a smile on his face.

Age: 6

Birthdate: September 25, 2013

Name of Mother: Son Ye Jin

Name of Father:

He stopped and smiled again before writing his name in the piece of paper. If people were to look at it, this is a relatively trivial thing, but for Bin this is everything. Little things like this make him so happy.

Name of Father: Hyun Bin

He submitted the paper to the woman and he followed his family to the other room.

-

Bin and Yejin have figured out the best scheme for parenting Ae-Rin. It was really a bonus that Bin lived across from them.

In the morning, they would all eat breakfast together. Thankfully the kindergarten is 5 minute drive away from the hospital, so they can easily pick up Ae-Rin. In case both of them need to be in hospital, Ji-Sub has recommended a babysitter for them.

And so days went by as Bin, Yejin, and Baby Ae-Rin are all living on the 24th floor of that building in Seoul.

-

"Do you want to go on a date with me tonight, Dr. Son?" Bin whispered in her ear as they scrubbed together after finishing a heart surgery on a 3 year old child.

Bin's breath burned her skin, and she felt all kinds of feelings. "Of course, Dr. Hyun."

"See you tonight." he whispered again.

-

Yejin was like a giddy teenager browsing her closet looking for something to wear for her first date.

Well technically, this was their first after 8 years, so this kind of behavior is accepted. Yejin stuck to the basic and most foolproof combination: A little black dress and killer pumps. Yejin said her goodbyes to Ae-Rin and her babysitter, and she went ahead with her date.

As expected, Yejin saw him waiting outside his apartment, wearing a suit. The two buttons of his dress-shirt were undone, finishing that smart casual look only Bin could pull off.

Bin's mind went blank when he saw her. He already knows that Yejin is very gorgeous but seeing her now, she just might have put another description to the world.

Gorgeous /ˈɡôrjəs/

adjective

1. beautiful; very attractive.
2. Son Ye Jin

The two walked hand in hand towards the elevator, with Bin whispering in her ear, "You look gorgeous, Love."

Yejin just thanked her little black dress. She just replied with a sweet smile with a hint of seductiveness. Bin pushed the button in the elevator for Basement 2 and they waited. The elevator loaded more people as they descended, and the elevator eventually became packed.

Bin and Yejin was pushed back to the farthest part of the elevator, and when Yejin was pushed back some more, she leaned her back on him. Yejin's eyes formed into two large Os when she felt Bin's erection pressed against her behind.

She can only feel Bin's warm breathing.

The descent was excruciatingly long, and when they were the only ones inside the elevator, the doors opened to the basement, but not one of them moved. Instead, Bin looked at Yejin with that dangerous eyes, and he pushed the "24" button in the elevator once again.

He went behind her, even if the elevator was now empty and full of space. His fingers rested on her shoulders. using his other hand, he tucked her hair on one side and he planted a kiss on her nape, sending electric shocks all over her body.

18..19..20..

"Why is this elevator so slow?!" She yelled, much to his amusement.

When they heard the sound of the elevator signaling that they reached their destination, Bin grabbed Yejin's hand and they walked quickly toward his apartment.

He led her towards the sofa where she straddled him. She initiated the kiss this time, her soft lips brushed against his lips delicately, while her hands were laced in his neck. Her tongue was now tracing his lower lips, slowly biting his lips when she got the chance. She repositioned herself, the silk that was her underwear brushing against the bulge in his pants.

Bin's hand positioned itself in the back of her head, pulling her closer to him. He now took control of the kiss, as he tasted her sweet lips hungrily. She parted her lips and his tongue met hers.

She struggled to remove his coat and his clothes that came with it. When she successfully did, she traced his muscles and left wet kisses where her fingers went. Bin, on the other hand, found a new kink with his girlfriend in the little black dress. His hand caressed her legs where her dress ended and he adjusted the garment so it gathered in her waist, revealing her in her underwear.

He gave multiple kisses on her neck down to the V of her dress. Bin untied her dress on the back, but he didn't remove it entirely, just loosening the dress' grip on her petite frame. Bin lowered the dress a little to reveal her chest. He just realized she wasn't wearing any bra underneath, fueling his arousal.

He made his way into her aching nubs, taking each in his mouth. Her moans and groans echoed throughout the room. When he stopped, she held his head and pushed herself to him, urging him on.

How he managed to remove his pants sitting down with her straddling him was also a mystery to him. She moved her underwear to the side, not having enough patience to remove it altogether. She sank down into him, her hands pressed against his chest. The feeling alone made her arch her back. He found his hands on her waist, urging her to move.

And when she did, her angled body sank down on his hardness giving them the most intense pleasure. He licked his lower lip before biting it. It was one of the sexiest sights she ever saw, and so she found herself smashing her lips against his. She began to move faster and the next thing she knew, he flipped their positions and she was facing the backrest of the sofa. She angled her hips and he leaned to kiss her passionately, mouthing 'I love you' each time their lips parted. She felt him enter her again in that position, now with a delicious sensation she hasn't felt before. When he pulled out, she groaned in pain, immediately missing him inside her.

He laid her on the sofa, and there he buried himself inside her. She wrapped her legs around his waist and his arms on her neck, pulling him in for an intense kiss while he thrusts.

She met his thrusts, rising her hips to meet his as they rhythmically moved together. He hit her spot, and her toes curled. Her face was saying all things her mouth couldn't, and moments later she was driven to her edge. He watched her reach her climax as he thrusts deeper and faster, and not a minute later he reached his too.

-

Yejin had to literally drag Bin out of his apartment. According to him, he just wanted to be with her all night cuddling in his apartment. As much as she would like that too, she also missed the joys of being on a date. She curled her hair for god's sake! It's ruined now, but the effort!

"Come on, Bin!" Yejin pulled his arms, "I haven't been on a date for almost 7 years!" Bin just looked at her wide eyed, and began fixing himself.

He held her hand and off they went to their first date.

-

Bin was the perfect gentleman. He opened the car door for her, he held her hand, he pulled her chair for her, and he was attentive to whatever she's saying. They are now in a five star restaurant located on the 81st floor of the Lotte World Tower in Seoul, and everything seemed perfect.

He couldn't let go of her hand, even if they were seated across from each other and she obviously needed her hand to flip the pages of her menu. She just looked at her boyfriend, and she knew that anywhere with him is her own brand of heaven on earth.

"Do you remember our first meeting?" He asked randomly after they finished ordering.

"How could I forget that? You drank the water for Hyo Jin's boyfriend like a handsome arrogant piece of ass," He laughed at that vivid description. "I was ready to smack you in the face for being so rude but then I saw that smile,"

"Did you hypnotize me?" She continued, and he jokingly nodded.

"You know, the story behind that was actually one of the stories I regret not telling you before we separated 7 years ago," he said, gulping his glass of water until the last drop. Their earlier session left him dehydrated.

"There's a story behind that?" she said as she mirrored him and drank her water as well.

Bin was about to tell his story when someone screamed, "IS THERE A DOCTOR IN HERE?"

Dr. Hyun and Dr. Son immediately stood up and ran to the man who just dropped to the floor.

"Doctor, he said he was having chest and back pain." The woman with the patient, probably her wife, said.

"Is there a pulse?"Dr. Hyun asked, to which Dr. Son replied, "Rapid and Unequal."

Dr. Hyun and Dr. Son observed the symptoms of the man, who had vomited earlier and also intense sweating. "Chest pain, Back pain, Vomiting, Sweating... His heart could be dissecting. We need to get him to the hospital."

"I know, before his aorta ruptures." Dr. Son said, taking out Dr. Hyun's phone from his pocket, "I'm calling 1-1-9."

-

Dr. Hyun and Dr. Son went back to the hospital, ending their date, since Dr. Hyun will be performing an emergency Aortic Dissection Repair to the man. She was supposed to go home and just wait at him there.

Suddenly while reviewing his scans and confirming his case, a woman wearing a white coat entered the room. The name embroidered on her coat tells Dr. Son that this woman is a doctor from Gangnam Medical Center.

"Hi, Dr. Hyun." She said with the biggest smile. Dr. Hyun turned to her, the shock evident in his face. "I've been this man's doctor for almost 5 years. His wife requested for me, so I'll be doing the surgery with you."

Dr. Hyun looked at Dr. Son, not minding the woman in front of her. Dr. Son looked clueless.

Seeing that Dr. Hyun is not paying attention to her, the woman directed her look to Dr. Son, who was still the subject of his stares. The woman offered a hand and Dr. Son immediately took it, "Hi, I'm Dr. Song Joon Young. I'm a Cardio Attending at Gangnam Med."

"Dr. Son Ye Jin, Head of Peds." Dr. Son just gave her a sweet smile, "Nice meeting you."

Dr. Song turned to Dr. Hyun again, "Bin, where do I scrub?"

The way she called him 'Bin' gave her a sinking feeling, as if they knew each other well in a non-professional setting.

Dr. Hyun replied, "You'll need a special permit from the chief to practice medicine here."

"I already talked to Chief Han." She said, as she touched his arm. "I was his mentee too just like you, wasn't I?"

Dr. Hyun didn't reply.

"So where do I scrub?"

-

"Who's she, Love?" Dr. Son asked when Dr. Song went inside the scrub room.

"She was... uhm." Dr. Hyun couldn't continue his sentence, confirming Dr. Son's suspicions.

"Was she one of your flings?" she asked with a straight face.

Dr. Hyun could only nod.

"Well then I'm scrubbing in, too."

The patient must have been so lucky, having three highly skilled doctors doing his operation.

--

A/N:

Hi, Swoonies!

Sorry I took so long to update. I really hard a hard time writing this chapter because my thoughts are all over the place, so please bear with me.

I just wanted to thank all of you for supporting Remember My Name! My heart is full. The story will end at Chapter 15, and we will be getting an epilogue.

Thank you so much for all your support! ❤️

Ps: we all know who that doctor is. I just dont want to name drop 🤣✌🏻
--

BONUS:

He first saw her in the library, holding five different books in her arms. It looked like the books were going to fall anytime, and so she ran toward her table to put all the books.

He sat on the table across from her, and he immediately found her very pretty. When her friend talked to her and she smiled, he was already smitten.

Within 3 minutes he went from 'Oh I think I should help that woman' to 'she's kinda pretty' to 'i want to get her name and her number.'

Ji-Sub saw how he was staring at her from a distance, and he smacked his head with a hardbound Organic Chemistry book, "What are you staring at? Just talk to her!"

"I don't want to!"

"Why?"

"I'm shy." Bin said, earning another smack in the head from Ji Sub as he stifled his laugh in the library.

She sits on the same table everyday, and so Bin built up his courage everyday to talk to her... but to no avail.

Ji-Sub would always push him to talk to her. Everyday.

On the day of the football game when they saw Yejin near their bench, Ji-Sub LITERALLY pushed him. And so he didn't know what else to do and what to say. When he drank her water, his teammates watched and laughed at him in the distance, anticipating that Yejin would slap Bin.

But then she introduced herself to him, and Bin couldn't thank Ji-Sub enough for pushing him.

On the 2nd game, Yejin wore turquoise.

He saw her on the benches, smiling. Whether it was for him, he might never know. Team of Medical Technology won that day, because Biology's most skillful player - Bin - was so distracted.

On the 3rd game, she wore blue.

She was instantly recognizable on the sea of Green. And when she smiled at him from a distance, he scored the winning goal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 6.8K 37
Fate decides to bring rough circumstances for the two lovers who just started to madly fall in love with each other. Are they really destined to be t...
5.1K 285 4
Short one-shots imagining BinJin/RiRi incarnations from my AUs (Finding You, A Second Strike Of Lightning, and Clandestinely Yours) during the most w...
36.9K 1.7K 41
"Oh, and if you don't wanna be Something substantial with me Then why do you give me more? Babe I know you want it" Son Yejin and Hyun Bin have a pas...
27.4K 2K 50
Its been 10 years since Ye Jin's mom remarried to a nice man with a son. Unfortunately never once Hyun Bin, her step brother wanted to meet Ye Jin an...