Tame My Heart... Or Else

By nessie64

Liza has always been shy, afraid of being noticed. As a new school year starts though, she is forced to face... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 - Part 1
Chapter 42 - Part 2
Author's Note + Character Contest Results

Chapter 4

302K 3.9K 805
By nessie64

Happy New Year!! 2011 <3

So, here's Chapter 4. Wow, I'm actually uploading a chapter a day! I dunno if I can write tomorrow, cause I might go skiing, but I'll try! I spend so much time on writing - but it is so worth it :D

Sorry I have to spend so much time on all her subjects in school, but I think that gives the best feel of what the school is doing to her. I promise it will be over soon! ;)

THANK YOU SO MUCH! For all the reads, votes, comments, and fans! It really means a lot to me! So thank you so so so so so much :D

Anyways, I don't think it was meant to turn out this long, but I just kept on writing! Consider it my 'happy new year' present :D

Merci <3 ENJOY!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lisa P.O.V.

I had to be dreaming. How could this be happening to me? This was supposed to only happen in books and movies, not in real life. How could the only two teachers you had met in your school hate you already? Oh, that, and the rest of the school apparently. Lovely.

I was surprised as a bitter laugh escaped me. This was not like me at all. The school was messing with my head.

Sighing, I left the science block, which seemed to have grown colder since I last entered. Luckily, I had a ten minute break now. Thank god. I headed towards the main building again, hoping I could pick up my locker key quickly. I didn't want a bad spot - school was turning out bad enough.

Entering the brick building, I turned left and headed towards the office of the secretary. Remembering the secretary of last year, the evil Ms. V, I guess she would have fit in with the new staff nicely. Too bad she moved to Washington D.C. to become a secretary for some high class firm, I thought, and sighed sadly again. I would have never thought it, but I actually missed her - because she would be someone who I knew, and knew what to expect from.

Walking into the office, I stopped and hesitated, because I wasn't sure I had gone into the right room. Where was the cracked, wooden desk? The large potted plant that always stood in the corner? The old couch in the corner?

 It was all replaced with a long, glass desk, which had a huge, white Mac computer resting on one side. Instead of the potted plant, there was now a large sculpture made out of marble. Where the couch had stood were now two plush, black armchairs.

I guess they did some redecorating.

I walked up to the desk, from which behind a petite woman was typing crazily on the computer, her purple glasses almost falling off her nose. She almost bounced up and down from the speed she was typing at. From her intense gaze on the screen, I really didn't want to interupt, scared that she would turn ax-murderer on me suddenly.

After three full minutes, I leaned in slightly, hoping she would catch sight on me finally. I was careful to stay away from the razor sharp edges of the desk, and I was surprised the woman hadn't cut herself on it yet at the speed she was going.

"Um..." I asked slowly, "excuse me?"

"What do you want?" she asked without looking up from the screen, her hands never faltering.

"I was wondering if I could pick up a class schedule and my locker key?"

"What's your name?"

"Liza Macdonald."

As soon as I said my name, her purple glasses fell straight off her nose, bouncing onto her lap. She then slowly typed her last word. Her eyes then flickered over to where I stood, appraising me for a moment, and then spun her chair until she was facing me completely. Cocking her head to the side, her piercing blue eyes slowly narrowed as she took me in completely.

Oh god, no. Please, please, please-

"And why should I help you, sweetie?" she asked, her eyes gleaming.

My prayers hadn't worked.

"Well, you ARE the secretary." I answered softly, knowing that it was useless.

"I knew that, honey." Her voice dripped with sarcasm. "But I was asking why I should help YOU."

Finally, I was fed up. I had had enough of this.

I stood up straighter, and looked the woman straight in the eye. "Because I am just another student. So, could you please just do your job?"

She looked shocked at my outburst. Pulling open a drawer, she pulled out a file and swiftly looked through them until she found a schedule. Sliding it across the glass table, she looked back up at me.

"Thank you. Now, my locker key?" I was surprised at my confidence. I wondered how long it would last.

"Which floor would you like it on?" she asked, her voice not as strong as before.

"First, please."

A minute later she handed me a key. I slipped my schedule into my bag after looking what I had next. Opening one of the side pockets of my bag, I dropped my key into it. Then I looked back up at the woman, who was staring at me with the strangest expression on her face.

"Thank you." I said sincerely. Then I turned around and walked out of the door, and sure enough, my confidence melted as soon as I stepped outside.

                                                                 **********************************

Brent P.O.V.

I lounged back in my chair, my feet up on my desk. The classroom was in utter chaos. Everyone was doing whatever they wanted. Paper planes were being thrown, desks scraped against the floor as they were moved, and growls echoed through the room as a couple of guys wrestled in the back of the room.

Ms. Boyd, who was our English teacher, smiled at us motherly from her desk. To her, we were all her children, so she had decided to give us the class off as it was our first day back. Not that we did anything much anyway.

I was tempted to join the guys in the back, but deciding that I was too comfortable, I closed my eyes and just relaxed. I drowned all the sound out of my ears and smiled as I pictured Lidia in my head. God, she was hot. Her dark grey eyes with their long lashes always managed to look seductive, no matter her expression. And her body! I better not even get started.

I felt my mouth turn downwards into a frown. I knew I would have to face the problem someday. Someday soon.

Because she wasn't my mate.

Of course, I wouldn't know for sure until I phased, but it was obvious for everyone. Even before I changed, I would have felt a strong attraction to her, which I did, but not in that 'forever' sense. The fact that she was a werewolf too would have just made it that much stronger.

And it was breaking my heart.

I wasn't sure if it would break hers, because I had never really heard her say it. She was like that - always mysterious, making you guess at every move she made. She was devious, and I loved her for it.

My eyes still closed, I shook my head a little. I couldn't decide whether I WANTED to phase soon or not. Partly, I finally wanted to become a full werewolf, finally fitting in with the pack. But, phasing would mean loosing Lidia, so I wanted it to happen in the far, far future.

My dad, who was Alpha and prinicipal of the school because of it, told me that it couldn't be long now. Maybe a few weeks, and certainly not much more than a month.

My mind started stray, as I started to wonder like many other days who my mate would be. Would it be someone in my pack? We had too big a pack to know everyone personally. What would it be like when I met her? Sparks? Electricity?

I shook my head, disgusted at myself. Look at yourself, I thought, you're turning into one of those romantics. Imagine if someone found out what you were thinking! You could never live it down!

I opened my eyes when the bell finally rang for break. The class ran out, pushing eachother playfully out of the way. Pushing the thoughts of my mate out of my mind, I followed them out.

I would just have to wait and see.

                                                                **********************************

Liza P.O.V.

I sighed happily as I made my way up to the library on the top floor. I had a free period, so I decided to do those physics notes again. I was pretty sure when I went home later I would not be in the mood.

The library had always been my favourite place in the whole school. The rows and rows of dark brown, wooden bookcases always gave me comfort, and a place to hide. My fingers slowly trailed over the books' spines. Fantasy, science fiction, mystery - I loved them all.

I pulled myself away with an effort, and made my way to the second level of the library, where desks were lined up for studying. I picked my favourite seat that was always in the line of the sun.

Taking out my iPod and my physics book, I worked quickly, wanting to finish before my next lesson. Fourty minutes later, I was almost finished, my notes written neatly in black ink, without a speck of colour on the whole page. 

As I was on my last point, a couple of guys walked in, obviously the popular-football type. They were shouting and pushing eachother around, and the librarian paid absolutely no attention to them. Suddenly, one of the guys' eyes flickered upwards, and spotted me. He nudged the others, and soon they were all looking at me, slowly turning completely silent. I watched in horror as their eyes narrowed and I slowly got up, realizing that I was like a sitting duck here. My natural instinct told me I needed to run and hide. NOW.

I stuffed my things in my bag, and my eyes widened when I saw them advancing up the stairs. Oh god. I looked around me for an escape. The second floor of the library was like a platform, only covering about half of the bottom layer. The platform was surrounded by metal railings, and before I could stop to think, I swung my bag up so it criss-crossed my chest.

Then I climbed over the bars.

Their eyes narrowed further as they saw me escaping, and I swear I heard a growl come from one of them. That was all I needed.

I let go of the bars, and fell downwards. I had planned by fall, and I landed on one of the bookshelves. I had never been a super athlete, but I braced my legs and steadied myself as I landed on the wood, and heard it groan under me.

Everyone in the library looked on in shock, as I slowly climbed down the bookcase, using the shelves as foot-holes. The guys had recovered, and were heading back towards the stairs, hoping to catch up with me before the door.

I wasn't about to give them a chance. I raced towards the door, and leaped over a couple of feet that were stuck out to trip me. So kind of them. I reached the door, and yanked it open and fled down the stairs, leaving the guys glaring at me through the glass.

                                                               ***********************************

Okay. This is fine. Everything's good. I'm safe. I got away.

Oh my god, a couple of footballers tried to kill me.

Fine, probably not that literally, but the way they had advanced on me didn't leave much need for imagination.

I was rather proud of myself. I mean, I had just performed some pretty cool acrobatics in the library - and even if it was to escape some crazy guys, I had to admit it was awesome.

Oh, I am so hyperventilating here. Why else would I be thinking about my flexibility in a moment like this? Calm. Calm. Breathe. Breathe. Calm.

I was jogging out of the main building and towards the gym, where I had Sports next. I still had my iPod in, and giggled when I heard the creepy shark song come on. Duh Duh, Duh Duh, Duh Duh. Yep, definitally still hyperventilating. Carla had put this song on my iPod secretly when she discovered that I often fell asleep listening to it. Imagine waking up to that in the middle of the night!

But, it was funny how it actually fit the moment now.

I arrived in the gym, where I picked up a school T-shirt and shorts and went to change. The coach was called Coach T, and his bulky muscles that showed under his shirt were pretty scary. That, and the fact that he spent most of his time glaring at me.

The hour passed quickly, as the Coach made us only run laps around the field to mark our endurance. I was surprised as I found myself at the back, the rest of the class already far infront of me. I had always been proud of my stamina, and normally was near the top five of the group. Wow, these students must have a super condition. Weird.

The class was over quickly, and I changed and walked out before anyone would try killing me again.

Lunch. I was halfway through the day. Yay me! Only three more classses after this, and then I could go home. And hopefully ask my dad to pull me out of school.

That was the first day ever that I ate my pack lunch in the toilets.

                                                                ***********************************

Brent P.O.V.

Woot! Lunch! My favourite hour of the day.

I headed over to where my friends were sitting, the picnic table that was in the middle of all the others. Kane was sitting on the table, his mouth full of chips from a bag that he had balanced on his lap. Terrance, or Red as we called him, was making out with his girlfriend, Narsissa, their red hair blending together. And finally, Wes, was doing push-ups on one of the benches that stood on either side of the table.

Sitting down on the bench that had Red and Narsissa on it, as far away as possible of course, I greeted them.

"Hey guys."

"Wow, that was enthusiastic! Are you sure you want to see us?" asked Kane, pieces of chips spewing out of his mouth.

"If I didn't I wouldn't be sitting here." I stated, matter-of-factly, stealing a few of his chips from the near-empty bag. "Still working out, Wes?"

"Of course. I want to be in shape when I phase." he huffed, his blond hair falling into his eyes.

All of us at the table hadn't phased yet, Narsissa didn't count. But, we were all close and soon we would be joining the table of big guys, who always sat in the corner looking serious - really looking forward to that.

"Sure 'bout that, Wes?" Red asked, coming up for air. "Or are you just trying to attract some more girls? Heard that Rianne isn't available anymore." He winked.

Wes growled menacingly without looking up from his exercise. "Don't push me."

Kane wagged his eyebrows at him. "Heard that new girl is available."

"New girl?" I asked interested.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that Brent. I'm sure Lidia wouldn't be too happy with that." I glared at him. "But, yep, the new girl."

"Just tell us who she is, Kane." Red sighed. Narsissa pouted at him, and he gave her a peck on the lips. "Only asking for the benefit of all the single people here." he then looked pointedly at Wes. And then he turned back to Narsissa and they continued to do their stuff.

"The human of course." Kane replied, suddenly looking very interested in the back of the chip bag.

Everyone at the table turned to growl at him.

"Sorry, Kane. What was that?" Wes asked, sitting up straight on his bench.

Kane looked around innocently. "Just saying that she is pretty hot."

"Oh, really?" Wes asked sarcastically.

"Yep." he answered, popped in 'p' at the end. He pointed in the direction of the school and added, "If you don't believe me, look for yourself."

We all turned to see the human exit the building, and walk towards the picnic tables.

Her golden hair streamed behind her in the breeze, and the strands shone in the sun. Deep blue eyes peeked from under her straight bangs, which were being whipped around in the wind. Lips like roses and her high cheeks completed her face, which was creased with worry. Her long, lightly tanned legs were shown perfectly from underneath her flowing white dress which hid her curves that were underneath.

She had a sense of vulnerability to her, and her beautiful eyes darted from side to side as if she was waiting for someone to pounce on her. Walking quickly, she made it across the field quickly, and finally chose one of the picnic tables that was furthest away from everyone. There she sat down and putting one hand under her chin, she closed her eyes. Her worry-lines slowly dissapeared as she slowly smiled, a tiny, sweet smile, as she basked in the sun.

"Earth to Brent. Snap out of it man!" Red was clicking his fingers in front of my face as I blinked a few times, coming back to reality. I looked around the table, to see them all staring at me.

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

They burst out laughing. Kane laughed so hard that he rolled off the table and hit the soft ground, but that just made him laugh harder. Red was wiping tears from his eyes, and Wes was holding his sides like they would break.

"What's so funny!" I shouted at them, very peeved now. A few people from the tables surrounding us looked at us, confused.

Slowly, they calmed down, all gasping for breath. Kane sat back on the table. Wes let out a last chuckle. Red whispered something in Narsissa's ear and she giggled hysterically.

"Right. Enough." I said, trying to control my temper. "Tell me now."

There was a slight silence, and of course Kane broke it.

"It was your face man! You looked completely whipped!" he chortled.

"I did not!" I shouted, outraged.

"Poor Lidia." Red added sadly.

"You so did, Brent." Wes said, pointing at her. "Just admit it, you like her."

"No, I don't. Of course I don't like her. I love Lidia." I said, trying to keep calm.

"Hmm..." Red said, raising his eyebrows.

I shook my head. "Look, I was just surprised that a human could be so hot. You guys thought it too."

They all nodded grudgingly at that. Even Red did, though he got a highly disapproving look from Narsissa.

Then Wes let out a chuckle. "At least we weren't drooling." And the table broke out in laughter again.

"You want to lurvvv her. You want to sexxx her." Red sang, wagging his eyebrows at me.

"Fine. I'll prove to you guys that I don't like her." I said as my temper snapped.

Kane looked surprised. "How''re you gonna do that?"

I grinned.

"I'm going to make her life living hell."

                                                               *************************************

Liza P.O.V.

Sigh.

I love the sun. I was lucky it was shining today. If it had been raining I don't know I would have made it this far.

Don't even think about it, the voice in my head said, you know thinking about it will just make you depressed. You already ate your lunch in the bathroom, don't make this day worse for yourself.

Right. Listen to that. After I had eaten my lunch, I had come out of the bathroom and looked out of a window to see that the picnic table I was sitting at now was free. Deciding to take the risk for a little vitamin D, I had gone outside and sat at the table.

I smiled. At least no one had bothered me yet, I thought with my eyes closed. I still had a good ten minutes of lunch left before torture started again.

I heard shouting across the field, and opened my eyes to see what was going on. My eyes focused on a picnic table that had four boys sitting at with, with a girl that I recognized from physics. Narsissa, I think.

She was sitting with a red-headed boy. Wait, correction. She was sitting on a red-headed boy. They looked pretty... intense. A well muscled guy sat across from them, his blond hair falling in his eyes. Another guy sat on the table, who had so dark brown hair, it looked almost black. The last guy sat facing away from me, so all I could see was his black hair.

Hmm... a good looking bunch of guys, I thought.

Ewww.

I did NOT just say that. Boys are useless and worthless remember? Right.

So I focused back on the sun, closing my eyes, wondering if I would get a tan. I was too pale in my opinion.

Focusing on these 'happy thoughts', I didn't hear someone quietly approach over the grass.

"Excuse me?" a velvet, masculine voice said.

I looked up in surprise. I had just heard the nicest words that had been said to me today. But all the happy bubbling in my stomach soon stopped as my eyes met black.

Oh god.

I stood up quickly, knocking over the bench. I reached for my bag blindly, and backed away a step from him. I'm pretty sure I whimpered softly, remembering how cruel those eyes had been this morning, and how harsh his voice had been.

He took a step forward, looking at me with confusion, which I couldn't decide if it was fake or sincere.

"I just came to apologize for this morning." he said, looking into my eyes imploringly.

My heart did a small flop in my stomach at the intensity of his gaze.

"Uhh... you're forgiven." I stuttered.

"No," he said, taking another step forward. "it was truely unforgivable."

"Umm..." I couldn't form words.

He took another step. "I came to give you a gift. To say sorry."

I couldn't breathe. But something in my head was saying that something was wrong.

He leaned in until his perfect face was right next to mine. Then he whispered in my ear.

"You may have forgiven me, but I will never forgive you." He leant away with a sneer on his face, and took in my shocked expression.

"Welcome to hell."

And with that, his hand wipped down and reached for the edge of my dress. Then with a smirk, he pulled it up.

I gasped as I felt a breeze on my bare stomach. I heard laughter from around the field. I hurridly pulled my dress down, my face burning with pure humiliation.

After pulling it down, I looked into those black eyes, which looked disappointed.

Thank god I had worn my shorts.

And then my face scrunched up as I felt all the tears from today building up. I grabbed my bag, and ran as the tears started. The laughter followed me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you have it :D Hope you enjoyed it!!! Please comment on what you thought of it! 

 I promise I'll try to upload tomorrow, but if I can't - I'm sorry :(

OMG! I'm #328 on the What's Hot List! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! I think I just squealed with joy :D It means so much to me!!!!!

MERCI <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 10.5K 9
Everyone thought that the moon goddess had it all. Every wolf looked up to her, and everyone loved her. What happens when that's not true and she has...
12.8K 471 35
Y/N white daughter of Jennifer and Nathaniel White, Sister of Lewis and Harris White. Senior at Elk Valley High School got suspend 3 months into the...
13.4K 182 31
“Making friends is hard, falling in love is harder but falling in love with two wrong persons is astonishing easy. Still I would have preferred my li...
36.8K 1K 33
In the end, the journeys we take comprises of several things; a beginning, a middle, and an end. Sometimes we cannot even tell where one ends, and an...