Returning to Devildom (Obey M...

By Rosela2020

The girl thought herself as normal as everybody else, only to find herself unraveling secrets that she lost b... More

Dear Reader
PROLOGUE
CHARACTERS OF THE STORY
Chapter 1: Forgotten Memory
Chapter 2: Deanne, Jate, and Amadio
Chapter 3: Help is in the Library
Chapter 4: Treasure in the Attic
Chapter 5: Treasures of the Past Year
Chapter 6: Unboxing Presents
Chapter 7: The Wicked Sorcerer isn't actually Wicked
Chapter 8: Welcome Back to Devildom
Chapter 9: The House of Lamentation
Chapter 10: Night with Nightmares
Chapter 11: Unknown Order
Chapter 12: The Story of the Pacts We've Made
Chapter 13: Hard Times Come By
Chapter 14: Second First Day at RAD and a Broken Spell
Chapter 15: Levi's Detention for the Otaku
Chapter 16: Once Upon a Sweet Dream
Chapter 17: Get a Safe Idea
Chapter 18: Solomon's Solution
Chapter 19: Charmed to Tell the Tale
Chapter 20: Olakishon
Chapter 21: The Fun we had in London
Chapter 23: His Concerns
Chapter 24: Playlist
Chapter 25: Baby Luci
Chapter 26: First Day on the Job
Chapter 27: Lost Baby
Chapter 28: All I Ever Need in the Planetarium
Chapter 29: RAD is Rad when it is Normal
Chapter 30: Mammon's Furball Fate
Chapter 31: Heart Shot by the Masochist
Chapter 32: Before the Search Began
Chapter 33: Go Out With Me?
Chapter 34: The Nickname and the Fights
Chapter 35: I Need Your Time
Chapter 36: Breather
Chapter 37: Cook-Off
Chapter 38: Doll
Chapter 39: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 40: Not a School for Bunnies
Chapter 41: Asmo's Date
Chapter 42: Alice
Chapter 43: A Brawl in the Basement

Chapter 22: The Story of a Lower-Level Demon

131 4 5
By Rosela2020

MERIELLE'S POV

     "We're here!" Levi announced as we all stepped inside the council room.

     "Where have you all been?!" Lucifer told us angrily. Levi is innocent, of course.

     "We got a little... unspelling side-tracked," I said awkwardly. I really pulled out a lot of courage just to say that.

     "Take your seats, all of you! We will talk about that later," Lucifer said.

     The demons took their seats in the student council room. I stayed still in my place awkwardly. Sure those demons have their official seats in the student council room. From left to right, Satan, Mammon, and Leviathan sat. In the middle is Lucifer. Then it is Asmodeus, Beelzebub, and Belphegor. Diavolo is right above them.

     "Lucifer and his brothers sit on their seats as if this is just a simple manner. Or is that just how they sit?" I asked myself while staring at them, sitting so casually, although they wear very serious facial expressions. Well, Mammon looks like he is ready to kill.

     Olakishon is right in front. He doesn't look very fierce or cool unlike the first time we saw each other. I think being in the presence of the student council does have a chilling effect.

     "Merielle, step forward and stand beside Olakishon," Diavolo ordered.

     I immediately did as I was told. I don't want any more trouble than there already is. Not to mention that Lucifer still has some ranting to do later. Satan, Beel, and I still have to explain later as to why we are late. I will just focus on this matter in front of me first.

     "Olakishon, a male lower-level demon student of the Royal Academy of Diavolo, has tried to kill a female human, Merielle, in the RAD library an hour ago," Barbatos started. He is standing beside Diavolo. 

     "Merielle," Diavolo called and I paid attention. "Please tell us everything that happened."

     Although a bit scared, I told everyone inside the council room what happened and my reasons. Everyone remained silent as I told everyone how Olakishon took my attention, how I slipped out without Mammon, Beel, or Belphie noticing, our talk on our way to the library, and how the darkness became the last thing I saw.

     "Liar!" Olakishon shouted. "I didn't do any of that!"

     "You have your own turn to speak," Lucifer said firmly.

     "And I believe that the time for you to speak, Olakishon, is now," Diavolo said.

     Olakishon cleared his throat and started telling everyone his version of the event. 

     "I was in the cafeteria for lunch," Olakishon said. "I was surprised that when I got out, this human followed me. She said she wanted to befriend me and she followed me to the library where I was going to look for a book that would help me with a project that one of my professors assigned. This human followed me to the library and on the way, we talked about RAD and how other demons look at the student council, with awe and respect. When we get to the library, she simply just bumped her head on a thick book that fell from the top of the bookshelves and she passed out!"

     I scoffed. "If you called me a liar, then I don't know what you call yourself," I said.

     "Did you just say something?" Olakishon growled as he turned to look at me with scarlet eyes.

     I didn't answer. 

     "HEY! Don't you threaten her like that!" Mammon shouted.

     Olakishon flinched and apologized to Mammon. I looked at Mammon and saw him smile at me. I smiled back. I think I owe him one.

     "You say she bumped her head on a thick book that fell from the bookshelf?" Belphie asked.

     "Yes," Olakishon said.

     "In that case," Satan said. "Beel, did you see any books on the floor when you found Merielle unconscious in the library? You are the one who found her there, right?"

     "Yes," Beelzebub said. "I found her there. And no, there are no books around the floor where Merielle was."

     "What was the position of the two when you arrived, Beel?" Lucifer asked.

     "Olakishon was ready to gobble Merielle up while she is unconscious on the floor," Beel said. "Seriously, if you were hungry, you should have just eaten a lot of food in the cafeteria."

     "Aaah! Don't get the topic to food!" Asmo said. "This is serious matter."

     "Sorry," Beel muttered.

      "Alright," Diavolo spoke. "Judging on everything I heard right here and now in the student council room, I hereby declare Olakishon, a lower-level demon, guilty."

     "What?!" Olakishon shrieked.

     "You know that my goal is to unite the three worlds, Olakishon. The Celestial Realm, Devildom, and the human world. Eating up a human, one who came here before as an exchange student for that matter, will only get in the way of that goal," Diavolo said. "You will be expelled from RAD and will be locked up in the prisons under the demon lord's castle."

     "NO!" Olakishon shouted.

     He, then, looked furiously at me. Olakishon took on his demon form in a swift moment! He let out a loud roar and jumped towards me, ready to kill me with his demonic strength. I did not have time to move! I had nothing else to do, but to cover my eyes and shield myself using my arm, although I know it is useless.

     "Open your eyes," I heard Belphegor whisper through my ear. 

     "It is okay," I heard Leviathan said.

     "We got you," Mammon added.

     I slowly opened my eyes, scared of what I will see. What I thought would be a bloody sight is nothing near it! Everyone, from Lucifer and his brothers down to Diavolo and Barbatos, have taken on their demon forms. While Lucifer and his brothers are all around me to shield me, Diavolo and Barbatos used a spell that stopped Olakishon in his tracks from attacking me.

     "I know when someone lies, Olakishon," Diavolo said as he and Barbatos slowly put him down, still with a spell that makes him unable to move. "I knew Merielle told the truth. I just let everything layout so that everyone will know the truth as well."

     "You should know that your attempt to attack Merielle here will only make matters worse," Barbatos told Olakishon.

     Olakishon tried breaking free from Diavolo and Barbatos's spell. When he finally gave up, he sighed and talked.

     "All I wanted was to be noticed by the student council. I want all of you to notice my greatness despite being a lower-level demon," Olakishon said in defeat. "That is why I tried my best to be the best at every class to the point that I became the second-best at every class. I was just behind Satan! He is the top of every class at RAD. I was hoping to get the student council's attention and at least give me a compliment for my efforts until this whole exchange program happened! Everything suddenly became focused on the exchange students that no one still noticed my efforts! The other demons even made fun of me for doing things hard and still not be able to get noticed. When the first year of the exchange program ended, I found hope and tried to get noticed again, but when that human came back, I was so mad I hatched a plot to kill her."

      Diavolo sighed. "Your reasons... those are just not right. Killing Merielle or anyone for that matter, won't get you noticed in a good way. Like now."

      Olakishon dropped his head.

     "Take him away now, Barbatos," Diavolo ordered.

     "As you wish, my lord," Barbatos said and he and Olakishon were gone in a short while.

     The seven demon brothers reverted back to their normal selves and quickly checked up on me. To be honest, they are crowding me, but I appreciate their care.

     "You have been so naive, Merielle," Lucifer scolded me after he made sure that I am completely alright. "Because of that, you almost died."

     "I learned my lesson," I told him.

     "We will have to guard you more securely," Mammon said. "Even though it is not my turn to guard you, I will always be by your side whenever possible, and I won't take my eyes off of you again! I won't let you just wander off!"

     All of us looked surprised at Mammon. His brothers more so than others.

    "Since when did Mammon started to sound so responsible?" Leviathan asked.

    "It is like he is acting all big-brother now," Asmodeus said.

    "I don't mind what you, guys, are saying! Merielle almost died in the hands of a lower-level demon today and I am not letting that happen again!" Mammon said.

     "Thanks for the care, Mammon," I said softly with a smile.

     "Mammon," Diavolo called.

     Mammon jumped in attention. "Y-yes?"

     "You still haven't fixed the marble statue that has been broken because of you, right, Lucifer?" Diavolo said with a smile.

     "Right," Lucifer confirmed.

     "You'd better fix this situation now, Mammon," Diavolo said, still sounding kind.

     I have to say, Diavolo seems to act too soft for his title, being the next demon king and all! How do Levi put it? Oh! Right! It is... LOOOL!

     "Alright! Alright! I'll pay already!" Mammon said at last.

     "You will also be in charge of looking for people who will fix the statue, because you can't do it yourself," Lucifer said.

     "That's alright," Mammon said proudly. "Merielle here offered to help in that part."

     "And I won't let you have any student work for you. Paid or not," Lucifer added with a smirk.

     Is he making Mammon's life unbearable? But... pfft. Gotta admit. It is funny. It is his fault anyway. I'll just think of another way to repay him for his kindness. Hahaha!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 5.5K 91
The faeries and demons have been enemies for centuries. The faeries were hunted for their blood by the demons. The demons were kept as prisoners or e...
9.3K 419 58
Book #1 of Obey Me! Crusade Series. Peace is just temporary... Chaos is eternal... He is capable to see the past and future vision. What lies behind...
19.5K 1.1K 22
completed ── :: 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐘♡ ︵ . . ▸マモン. . . ❀︵︵ ↴ [A human orphan saved by Mammon is now a full grown adult. She was the sole reason that he h...
295 15 11
~ FOLLOWS SEASON 1 OF OBEY ME! WITH SOME DIFFERENCES ~ Jackson never had a good life. They had a twin sister by the name of Jillian, no parents, and...