Rising Phoenix (Akatsuki no Y...

By Celestial_Planet

"The ღøяε you don't ɯɑɳʈ them to k̸n̸o̸w̸ ƨσмɛтнιиɢ, the ღøяε you հαѵε to sᴍɪʟᴇ to h̸i̸d̸e̸ ιт." Those were t... More

Information of This Book! (Must Read)
Playlist
Epigraph
Prologue
Chapter 1: Everything Stays...
Chapter 2: Unknown Meetings...?
Chapter 3: Trust that Gained...?
Chapter 4: Trust that Gained and Bond that Formed
Chapter 5: Promises that Will Be Stored
Chapter 6: New Love?!
Chapter 7: Will you вɛℓιɛѵɛ/ᴛʀᴜsᴛ me?
Chapter 8: Trust that Turned to Dust...
Chapter 9: The Aftermath...
Chapter 10: Where it All Started
Chapter 11: Beaten with the Truth
A/N - Break Time
Chapter 12: A Leap of Faith

Jae-ha's Birthday One-Shot!

396 13 1
By Celestial_Planet

If y'all didn't know, it's Jae-ha's birthday today! Well it's May 4 here, so for me it is— So I thought I just make a last minute one-shot of the Baby It's Cold Outside song covered by Idina Menzel and Michael Bublé. Soooo yeah! Here's the one-shot I just made with like, an hour and a half of my life! This is a Modern AU, the italic is Jae-ha while Bold is both of you. Oh and btw; it's my silly narration so it's not gonna be that serious.

You were sitting by the couch of Jae-ha's house. You were called by him to just hang out for the day, which you gladly agreed because he's your friend. Right? You knew him since Yona introduced you to him, which wasn't a good impression since he just kept flirting with you. But you just tolerated it and was able to be really good friends with him. Good for you! Jae-ha soon came in the living room as he was holding a bottle of soda, 'cause even though you guys were young adults, you still enjoyed some unhealthy soda! He placed the bottle and glasses on the table beside the couch as he sat beside you.

"Jae-ha, I really need to leave. You've been keeping me in the living room for a while now because you said you wanted to talk about something important, yet you still haven't said anything." You sighed as you turned off the TV that you used for entertainment when Jae-ha wasn't in the room.

"Just give me thirthy minutes, it's just that— It's hard for me to tell you." He scratched the back of his head as he gave a nervous laugh.

You stood up as you started to take your things and head for the door. (It's time to play the song above folks!)

"I really can't stay."

"Baby it's cold outside." Jae-ha pulled your bag away from your hands.

"I gotta go away." You pulled your bag back to you.

"Baby it's cold outside."

"This evening has been." You started to walk to the front door.

"Been hoping that you'd dropped in." Jae-ha stood in front of you as he pulled you to him by your waist.

"So very nice." You tried to push him away but he holds your hands.

"I'll hold your hands they're just like ice." You gently shove him away from you.

"My mother will start to worry."

"Beautiful what's your hurry?"

"My father will be pacing the floor."

"Listen to the fireplace roar." Jae-ha turned on the TV to show a fireplace, making you giggle.

"So really I'd better scurry." You went to grab your shoes by the door.

"Beautiful please don't hurry." Jae-ha holds your shoulder as he directs you back to the couch.

"Well maybe just a half a drink more." You sat on the couch.

"I'll put some records on while I pour." He played some music as he poured you the soda on the glass your holding.

"The neighbors might think."

"Baby it's bad out there."

"Say what's in this drink?" You asked as you didn't like Diet Coke, just the regular one is what you wanted.

"No cabs to be had out there."

"I wish I knew how." You said as you swallowed the whole drink when you saw Jae-ha give you a sweet smile.

"Your eyes are like starlight now." He said as he sat beside you again.

"To break this spell." You placed your glass down as you took your sun hat beside you.

"I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell." He took the hat off your hands and wore it.

"Why thank you." Thanking him as he complimented your hair that took twenty minutes to do.

"I ought to say no, no, no sir." You laughed as you remembered that you had to leave.

"Mind if move in closer?" Jae-ha moved two inches closer to you with his usual flirty smile, that seemed different today.

"At least I'm gonna say that I tried." You shrugged as you move four inches away from him.

"What's the sense of hurtin' my pride?" Jae-ha held his chest as he pretended that he was wounded.

"I really can't stay."

"Baby don't hold out."

"Baby it's cold outside." You both moved an inch closer as you were staring at each other's eyes.

"Ah, you're very pushy you know?" You shook your head as you gave a long sigh, standing up from the couch.

"I like to think of it as opportunistic!" Jae-ha said happily as his cuteness made you laugh. Wait, you thought he was cute?

"I simply must go." You started to walk away. Again. You know you can run right?

"Baby it's cold outside." Jae-ha took your hand.

"The answer is no." You gave him a weak glare as you just wanted to deal with your emotions back at your place.

"But baby it's cold outside."

"The welcome has been." You took the hat that was on Jae-ha and wore it on your head.

"How lucky that you dropped in."

"So nice and warm." You walked to the door, but Jae-ha showed you the window.

"Look out the window at that storm." He immediately closed it when it was sunny outside. That's why you had a dang sun hat on you.

"My sister will be suspicious." You talked about Yona, giving him a reason to let you leave.

"Gosh your lips look delicious!" Jae-ha said when you two were just a few inches away from each other.

"My brother will be there at the door." You looked away as you knew he was just being his flirty self.

"Waves upon a tropical shore." He held your waist as he gave you a smile.

"My maiden aunt's mind is vicious." You gave another excuse when your faces were just inches apart.

"Gosh your lips are delicious!"

"Well maybe just a cigarette more." You then removed yourself from his hold as you went back to the safety couch.

"Never such a blizzard before." He reasoned as you sat on the soft cushion.

"And I don't even smoke." You laughed at what you pointed out.

"I've got to get home." You pleaded, feeling overwhelming emotions in you that you tried to control.

"Baby you'll freeze out there." He still tried to convince you that's it's winter in May.

"Say lend me a coat?" You tried to appeal to his logic.

"It's up to your knees out there!" He gave another excuse, making you give him a deadpanned look.

"You've really been grand." You stood up as you tried to push him to the couch so he could just stay put.

"I feel when I touch your hand." He turned around as he held both of your hands in his.

"But don't you see?" You gave him a sad look as you removed your hands from him

"How can you do this thing to me?" Jae-ha looked a bit hurt at what you've done, thinking that he's just pretending again.

"There's bound to be talk tomorrow."

"Think of my life long sorrow!"

"At least there will be plenty implied." You shrugged to show him you didn't cared.

"If you caught pneumonia and died!" He said as he gave you puppy dog eyes.

"I really can't stay." You pursed your lips as you saw him look adorable.

"Get over that old out." He held your hands gently, showing you that he wasn't forcing you anymore.

"Baby it's cold." Both of you said in unison as you stared at each other.

"Baby it's cold outside." You gave him a sigh as you give him a defeated look.

"Okay fine, just another drink then." You said as you both sat on the couch again.

"That took a lot of convincing!" Jae-ha laughed as he poured you more of the Diet Coke bottle on your glass.

You both laughed when you guys stared at the TV that still had the fireplace Jae-ha talked about. You stared at your drink as you didn't take a sip, your were in deep thought by a question that's been in your mind since you came in Jae-ha's house.

"What did you wanted to tell me?" You gave him a questioning face as you wanted some answers from him.

"Well..."

"I will walk away from this house if you don't answer in the next five seconds."

"What? Don't you think-"

"5."

"Are you actually counting done now?"

"4."

"Hey wait, give me more-"

"3."

"(Y/N)."

"2."

"Hey-"

"One. Bye Jae-ha. I'll see you tomorrow." You said as you stood from the couch and was about to leave. You only had the power to leave now?

You were surprised when Jae-ha pulled your hand, making yourself face him and see his nervous face.

"I like you (Y/N)." He said while he was blushing a bit, making you surprised and blush a bit too.

"I know you like me, baka. That's why we're friends." You said as you didn't want to latch on false hopes.

"Then let me rephrase that. I love you (Y/N). I loved you for a while, ever since I told you about my family. You showed me how much you cared, making me know that I liked you more than a friend." He gave you a genuine smile, not the smile that he gives to girls when he flirts with them, a smile that you see whenever you guys were together being friends.

You didn't say anything, being silent when you heard his little speech for you.

"...(Y/N)?" He asked as he didn't know from your reaction if you declined his feelings or not.

You sat beside him staring in front of the fireplace as you had a neutral expression on your face.

"Look, I'm sorry for being so serious. I can see why you don't—" He didn't fnish his sentence when you placed your hand on top of his.

You looked at him as you gave him a smile, your eyes being watery when you could finally admit what you've been feeling everytime you're around him.

"Me too, I've liked you for a while now Jae-ha."

Both of you smiled, happy to hear the words that were said from your loved one.

"Want to watch a movie?"

"As long as it's a Murder Mystery Comedy, then you know I won't refuse." You giggled as you placed your head on his shoulder, feeling his warmth.

"Of course (Y/N)." He laughed with you as he took the remote beside him, going to Netflix.

Jae-ha wrapped his arm around your shoulder as you picked the movie that you two were going to watch. When the movie started, both of you just listened quietly to the movie. Staying in each other's hold as both of you were just happy to be with each other enjoying the other's company in bliss.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Published:
5/4/20

Please give me feedback by voting or commenting, it helps me sleep at night— I mean it helps me know what you think of the chapters and it lets me know if you're enjoying it. Here's an icecream if you've already done that: 🍦

Remember to stay safe (especially in these times), sleep well, and keep shining my lovely starlights!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 10.2K 200
Shin-ah x OC "I told you once, a long time ago, that you would have to choose which lives to save." Steel eyes flashed in the moonlight. "You choose...
57.5K 1.6K 23
Aria is a normal high school student with good friends, family and a necklace which she adores. With her long dark hair always swaying behind her and...
94.6K 3.8K 54
Yona of the Dawn Fanfiction. (WARNING ADHD AND DYSLEXIC DON'T MIX SPELLING ERRORS WILL BE THERE! PLEASE KINDLY POINT THEM OUT AND I'LL FIX IT THANKS...
81.6K 3.1K 74
─── 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐞�...