GOLDEN || T. NOTT ✓

By weasleyssweater

"You're my golden girl" - Paz Parkinson is stuck fighting a war against some of the people that she loves mo... More

zero | recap
one | letters
two | burnt bacon
three | seven harry's
five | hogwarts
six | crucio
seven | dumbledore's army
eight | suspicions
nine | dungeons
ten | the sword
eleven | crimson
twelve | potterwatch
thirteen | a shot
fourteen | captured
fifteen | an odd feeling
sixteen | darkness
seventeen | confrontation
eighteen | rogue
nineteen | what he wanted
twenty | breakdowns
twenty-one | false hope
twenty-two | wild card
twenty-three | fireworks
twenty-four | sunshine
twenty-five | to be better
twenty-six | the portrait
twenty-seven | pansy's discovery
twenty-eight | harry potter
twenty-nine | heartbreak
thirty | cup of coffee
thirty-one | green or red
thirty-two | breakfast
thirty-three | hogwarts, again
thirty-four | graduation
thirty-five | new beginnings
epilogue
extra extra extra !

four | the wedding

7K 236 135
By weasleyssweater

THE DAY OF Bill and Fleur's wedding was complete chaos. Several days had passed since Harry had finally arrived at the Burrow, which only made the small home seem even smaller. Paz told Mrs. Weasley she should start charging people for staying here each night, as it was turning into a hotel.

Even though Harry had been back, Paz still didn't get much alone time. Ginny kept distance from Harry, as he broke up with her due to the war. Ginny didn't mind, that's what she told Paz at least, as she expected something like this to happen, especially with him not returning for his last year at Hogwarts.

Ginny and Paz were now rushing around the Burrow making sure all the decorations were in place, that Fleur was calm and happy, and that all of the boys' ties were done correctly.

"Oh Merlin, George," Paz groaned in frustration, fixing his tie as he mumbles a thanks, giving her a kiss on the cheek before smiling and walking into the other room. "You annoying twat."

Paz then ran back up to her room, she and Ginny slipping into their bridesmaid dresses. They were quite short, though neither of the girls minded all that much.

"Will you fix up my hair, Gin?" Paz asks, Ginny happily accepting the task and sent several charms Paz's way, which flattened down her hair from its normal frizzy state. It was now tamed and straight, reaching just past her shoulders. Ginny manually began to mess around with Paz's bangs, making sure that they were out of her face so they weren't to bother her the rest of the night.

Ginny smiled, happy with her work. "You look beautiful Paz."

"As do you, Gin." Paz grinned, the two then walking back downstairs only to be met with Ron, Charlie and Fred in a small circle, trying to tie their ties. "Merlin, have mercy on us."

The hours ticked by, and eventually, Paz stood in between Ginny and Gabrielle, watching as Fleur walked down the aisle. Paz didn't think it was possible for Fleur to look more beautiful than she already was, but she was proven wrong in this moment.

Once the ceremony was over, the celebration began. There was dancing, music, laughter, all pure joy. Ginny and Paz kept giggling over Harry, who was disguised as Barny Weasley for the night.

They were quick to find Luna, and the three danced together in the middle of the dance floor, grabbing friends and family to join them as they passed by. During a particularly slow song, to Paz's dismay, found herself stuck with George Weasley.

"Ah, my dream come true." George jokes quietly, Paz rolling her eyes and letting out a chuckle.

"And my nightmare," George frowned at this. "Oh, I'm kidding Georgey, don't get soft on me."

"Soft on you? Never, Parkinson." He smiled, Paz resting her head against his chest and moving to the music.

Paz frowned, watching as Ginny danced with 'Harry', "Promise me you'll keep Gin safe George."

"As long as you keep her safe of Hogwarts, she will be safe at home."

Paz sighed, nervous for the outcome of all her friends. Her mood was changed as the music changed to an upbeat tune, George spinning her out and twirling her around several times, the two in fits of laughter. Luna, Hermione, Ginny, and the rest of the boys joined in, jumping around and singing along to whatever song was playing at the moment.

Fleur and Bill danced their way into the middle of their circle, everyone cheering them on. Paz ignored the stares from several older wizards, trying to focus on how happy she was at that very moment and not what others were thinking of a Slytherin being in their presence.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley waltzed around the floor, Remus and Tonks were laughing as Tonks spun Remus, Fred and George did an awful interpretation of an Irish jig, the happiness of the room couldn't be contained.

Charlie was the first one to stop dancing, watching as something made its way into the tent. The others slowly follow his lead, soon recognizing it to be a Lynx patronus. The room grew quiet and still.

"The Ministry has fallen," the voice, belonging to Kingsley, states, "Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."

Paz looked to Ginny and Luna, fear etched upon each of their faces. Paz was quick to draw out her wand. When the patronus disappeared, the room fell into a state of panic. Wizards and witches began to apparate away, Fleur and Bill share a few hushed words, and then came the Death Eaters.

Harry, Ron and Hermione apparated away quickly, none of them able to say goodbye to any of their friends or family. This left the some Ministry workers, Weasleys, Lovegoods, Delacour's, and Paz to fight.

Duels broke out quickly, Mr. Weasley and Paz duelling with Avery. When Paz sends a Crucio at Avery, Mr. Weasley looks at her in disbelief, though, continuing to battle.

The fight was somewhat short, though, the Death Eaters eventually out numbered them. The one leading the whole operations, Yaxley, began order everyone but the Weasley's to leave.

"We've got some questions for them." He states, looking at the lot in front of him. His gaze stays on Paz for longer than the others.

Paz tries to grab a hold of Fleur's hand, indicating that she was staying, but Fleur was quick to pull her hand away, nudging her towards Luna. Despite Paz trying to break away from Luna and Xenophilius' grip, she was apparated away back to their home.

"Paz, calm down, please." Luna says, sitting Paz down on the couch. Xenophilius rushes to the kitchen to make Paz a cup of coffee, Luna having already informed her father Paz prefers it over tea.

"They are my family, Luna. I, I need to go back." Paz says, her chest feeling oddly tight. Luna sat next to her, taking her hands.

"They'll be fine, without Harry Potter there, they are in no danger." Luna smiles, though it was harder for Paz to believe this.

The two sat in a comfortable silence, Xenophilius eventually coming back out with a cup of coffee for Paz and tea for himself and Luna.

"It was a beautiful wedding," Xenophilius states, breaking the silence. Luna nodded in agreement.

"Paz planned most of it, didn't you?" Luna questions, as Paz nods her head yes.

"Since my parents kicked me out, I've been living at the Burrow. Fleur, Mrs. Weasley and I spent most days making decorations and prepping for today." Paz sighs, staring at the last bit of coffee in her mug, "Bloody Death Eaters ruined Fleur's big day."

Luna smiles, letting herself sink back into the couch. "Oh, I wouldn't say ruined, just a bit more chaotic I suppose."

"I couldn't agree more." Xenophilius nods, taking the empty cups away from the girls and disappearing into the kitchen once again.

-- -- -- -- --

Paz spent two days with the Lovegood's before being able to safely return to the Burrow. She didn't mind spending time with Luna and her father, though, it simply wasn't what she was used to anymore. She did however enjoy spending time painting in Luna's room. Paz was overwhelmed with happiness upon seeing herself painted on Luna's wall.

She said her goodbyes as Mr. Weasley apparated the two back to the Burrow. Paz was bombarded with hugs and welcome homes upon entering the house. She was happy to be back, though it felt slightly empty.

The Delacour's went back home to France, Bill and Fleur had relocated to Shell Cottage, and Harry, Ron and Hermione had officially began their search for Horcruxes.

That night, Paz found herself sitting at the kitchen table with Remus, Tonks, Kingsley and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. She was enjoying a few cookies before bed, while also listening in on the Order's plans for the up and coming months.

"Is Hogwarts safe? Do I send Ginny and Paz back, or keep them home?" Mr. Weasley questions, as Paz clears her throat.

"I think I can manage myself, Mr. Weasley." Paz states politely, Mrs. Weasley looking at her sadly.

"Hogwarts," Kingsley begins, "Might be the safest place for them right now. There are several professors there that will watch over the students."

Paz lifts her eyebrows and points to Kingsley as if to agree with him. Tonks sighs, worry etched upon her face.

"Even if you wanted to keep them home, Arthur, there's no way around the fact that attendance in mandatory this year."

This was news to Paz. It must have been new information, as Paz made sure to always know what was going on. "Why mandatory attendance? I'm sure Vol-"

"No!" Mr. Weasley shouted, starling Paz. "There's a taboo on his name, you are to not say it, ever."

"Oh," Paz begins, "My apologies. Anyways.. I'm sure the Dark Lord would be more than happy for half-bloods and muggleborns to stay home, why is he enforcing everyone to attend?"

Mrs. Weasley and Kingsley sent each other nervous looks before Remus answered her. "He is rounding up all the muggleborns, having a mandatory attendance policy is an easy way to pick them out."

Paz glances around the room, quickly deciding she would rather not stay for the rest of this conversation. She bid the lot a goodnight and began up to her room. Upon entering, the lights were off and Ginny was already asleep. She lit a candle at the desk she and Ginny shared, grabbing a piece of parchment and a quill.

T,

All is well here. Minor inconvenience several days ago. Stay safe, see you soon.

P

Paz did her best to keep her message to Theo short and sweet, then attaching it to Ginny's owl and sending it off into the night. She let out a sad sigh, extinguishing the small flame and laying down in bed.

She slept little to no hours that night, her mind continuing to wander to Pansy, Theo and Blaise. Even Draco made his way into her mind, though, she was quite angry at him for how he treated her last year.

"Paz?" Ginny spoke groggily, rubbing her eyes as sun spilt into their room.

"Morning sunshine." Paz chuckles, stepping out of bed, despite feeling as if she just got in. The two girls make their way into the bathroom, brushing their teeth before heading down to the kitchen from breakfast. Paz was happy to see Remus and Tonks there, finally over her stupid school girl crush.

Paz attempted to help Mrs. Weasley with the bacon and toast, though Mrs. Weasley shoo'd her away and had her put on coffee duty. Again.

She looked around the room for Ron, waiting for him to begin arguing with her over whose turn it was to make the coffee, before quickly realizing he was gone. Mrs. Weasley had made the pancakes that were set upon the table, Hermione didn't help this time.

"You alright Paz?" Mr. Weasly questions, grabbing orange juice from the fridge.

Paz sighs, forcing a smile on her face, "Just fine."

alright, from here I believe the story will begin to pick up some more, as the children will be returning to hogwarts!

gia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

730K 24.3K 85
❝ 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧... ❞ theodore nott x fem oc *very slow burn* this book is...
109K 2.1K 19
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 a girl who refuses to love meets the boy who loves too much 𝐨𝐫 slytherin's party boy shows a ravenclaw the wonders of love ...
46.8K 881 35
[FINISHED ~ april 23th 2021] Will be re-written when I get the motivation cuz this sucks. "𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫." "𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬." in w...
5.3K 229 15
❝ she touches him and suddenly he feels a little less war torn. he's not sure what peace is supposed to feel like but he thinks it may feel alot like...