Promise Never to fall in-love...

By Kerisha14iceqween

Highest rankings- #3 reassurance #6 hurtful words #14 adults #1 for kerrie Phoebe's just a normal teen or... More

Before you start reading....
PART 1:: Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19::Characters
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 9

317 8 0
By Kerisha14iceqween

Phoebe's POV

What Brent said to me yesterday is still resting on my mind.
How could he have so much control over me?
I have to ask myself. I need someone to talk to I can't hold it in any longer. So I decided to call Bri after long thinking about what to do.

A headache was coming on so I took a pill trying to calm myself before I have an anxiety attack or call Bri. A few minutes later after taking the pill I felt better so I proceeded to call Bri to meet up.
After the second ring she picks up.

"Hey Bri" I greet her trying to sound convincing.
"What's up B?" She asks cheerfully.
I sigh before I answer her.
"I don't like that sigh B" she's already on alert.
"C-can we meet up at my community park?" I ask her uncertain what her response would be.

"Ok I'll meet you there in five" she replies then hangs up. I blow down and start to get ready. Lucky thing that the little park our community has isn't far from where I live. It's about a five to ten minutes walk so I went earlier before Bri got there I need the walk anyways.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
When I got there I sat on an empty bench and awaited her arrival. I didn't have to wait long because she here the minute I could say "A".
"Hey" she says pulling me in for a hug.
"Hi" I say back to her.
"You good?" She asks looking concern.

"Yeah I'm fine and you?" I ask her.
"I'm ok" she replies smiling.
"So what was it you wanted to talk about" she asks putting down her phone giving me her full attention. I'm still contemplating whether to tell-her or not who knows what he'll do to me.

I take deep breaths calming my nerves then proceed...
"It's-it's about your brother" I tell her as my chest tightens.
"Oh no. What did he do now?" she asks frowning. I hate seeing her like this but I need to tell her.

"H-he threatened me to made a deal with him" I say swallowing the lump that's now forming in my throat.
"He did what?!" She shouts. I jump at her sudden outburst.
"What did he say?" She asks getting angry.

"He told me that he would make my life a living hell if I didn't...." I pause remembering the scene.
"Didn't what?" She asks already pissed.
"If I didn't do what he told me" I say biting my lips to hold back the tears that were threatening to come out. I feel like a little kid complaining to her mother.

"What did he tell you?" She asks with her deadly eyes looking at me I knew she wasn't mad at me but at her brother.
"Nothing. Please, please Brith don't say anything to him please the last thing I want is trouble" I can feel my anxiety rising but I ignore her.

"Why the hell did he do that. He will not get away with that I'm telling mom" she says in a furious tone.
"No please Bri don't" I never in a million years thought that I would find myself in a situation like this where I'm desperate.
"Why B;why don't you want me to tell on him?" She asks arching an eyebrow.

"B-because it doesn't matter " I assure her with tears falling down my cheek.
"Please don't let me regret telling you this or anything at all" I say looking in her furious eyes.
Her eyes soften but she's still pissed.

"Ok but I'm still going to confront him about it I won't tell mom" she says looking away.
"No don't utter a word to him"
"Ok then but we'll talk to him but not now" she says in a serious tone.
"We?!" I exclaim.

"Yes but not now ok" she says dryly.
"O-Ok"I agree hesitantly. She nods then carried me back home. Since it's a Saturday and my father's at work I decided to pay him a visit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey dad" I greet trying hard to put on a convincing smile. But he saw right through me.
"Hey pumpernickels what's wrong?" He asks in a worried tone.
"Oh ahh nothing I'm fine" I tell him laughing nervously.

"You sure?" He asks again not convinced. I have to fight my own battles alone and no more daddy this nor daddy that.
"Yes" I say kissing his cheek.
"Now let's work" I say trying to be as happy as can be.
"Ok then" he says throwing me an apron.

"Let's get cooking" He says while we enter into the kitchen where I greet Tom and Nikki. They have been with my dad for fifteen years now and they are like family to me.
After greeting them I went to my first table to take their order. When the bell at the door rings my feet became weak.

I see Brent and Kyle coming in taking a seat at table six. I quickly walk to the kitchen and give Nikki the orders I collected and head to the bathroom. I start breathing uncontrollably, I search for my anxiety pills that were in my pocket and take them.

I was there for a few minutes then I hear a knock on the door and my heart skips a beat.
"Hey honey are you ok?" I hear my dad ask. I'm relieved. I swallow first then answer.

"Yeah I'm fine." I tell him.
"Ok well there are a few more tables that need you to take orders from them but if you're not feeling well I'll send Nikki" he says considerately.

"No dad I'm coming. Ahh....dad..." I say.
"Yes honey"
"Did the customers at table six leave?" I ask bracing myself for whatever answer is to come.
"No they are still there. Why?" He asks.
Great just great.
"N-noting I was just wondering" I tell him holding back my tears.

"Ok. I'm going now" he says and left. I take a couple more breaths before going back to taking orders. I slowly walk over to table six where I lock eyes with Kyle who stops talking to Brent the minute we lock eyes and smirks. My heart skips a beat again.

What is he up to?
I ask myself. I'm now in-front of them with my heart racing rapidly and tears stinging my eyes.
Stupid harmonies.
I cuss in my head.
"G-good day" I greet them forcing a smile.

I watch as Brent's head lift to see my face. I jump a little at his stare,watching as his face that was filled with surprise now has an annoyed look on it. I roll my eyes and ask them what they wanted to eat.

"Can I have a milkshake,please" Kyle says politely with his British accent. I smile and nod he's nice and his friend is just a stuck up jerk. I blow down turning to Brent who's already looking at me seriously. It feels weird.

"What do you want to have?" I ask feistily and politely as possible at the same time.
"How about you."he says eyeing me up and down.
This pervert.
I feel sick to my stomach.
"I wouldn't want to anyways. I'll have a strawberry milkshake." he says looking back at Kyle who gives me a smile and I went to the kitchen and gave Nikki the orders. I felt embarrassed at when he said I wouldn't want to anyways. Even though I shouldn't be.
My life.
——————————————————
Brent's POV

My face expression went from surprised to annoyed when I see her.
"Thinking about her?" Kyle asks me wiggling his eyebrows at me. I shove him off and scoff. I was thinking about her but in an annoyed way.

"You don't have to hide I know you like her. Besides she's beautiful and nice." He says looking at Phoebe who is now greeting customers with her warm nauseating smile and her deep dimples.

I smile and when I realized what I was doing I quickly straighten my face and clear my throat but I was too late because Kyle caught me and I knew he won't let it go.

"I saw that" he says teasingly.
"Saw what?" I question glaring at him.
"Come on Brent don't play dumb with me I see the way you look at her and smile when she's around I understand that you're trying hard to hide your feelings but you suck in doing so in my sight. Even at school" he winks.

"Shut up you know nothing and you're not even my fucking best friend or whatever the shit they call it remember that" I remark annoyingly.
"Ok what ever you say bro. How about you ask for her number?" He asks.
I'm getting annoyed.

"No way man plus I have a lot of digits already I'm good". If I wanted her number I would've taken it.
She comes with the bill and after I give her the money Kyle stops her.
"Hey Phoebe right?" He asks her and she shakes her head.

"Can I get your number?" he asks in a I'm a polite dick tone. Her face goes pale.
"Ok" she says and gives him her number,I never thought I she would give in so easily.
"Thank you" Kyle says getting up.

"Sure" she replies and walks away.
"Let's go"I say rolling my eyes.

So what is gonna happen next?
Is Brent gonna soft up to Phoebe and was the little "deal" something to get her attention or was he afraid?
Oh and this story is gonna take a turn that would confuse you and even me.
Read to find out bye 👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.7K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
290K 5.8K 48
COMPLETED MADDY HAYES has never been the type of girl who listens to what other people have to say. She's mean, confident, and very, very intimidatin...
93.1K 1.8K 50
Alexis was heartbroken when August, her best friend of ten years, humiliated her in front of the whole school. August leaves school the same year and...
441 11 46
Love. Love is such a strong word. Love is something you feel for someone you truly care about. Right? So is love ever possible to feel for someone th...