The Other Demon

By JustYoung1

{Book 1 in The Demon Twins Series} What if Damian actually had a twin? Someone, who is similar yet different... More

The Beginning
Meeting Father
Settling In
I, Myself, Am Rooting For The Shrubbery
Step Four: Profit
Slightly Lost
Information
The Plan
Hello Nightwing
Protection
Robin Suits
Trust Grayson
The Old Carnival
Fighting Spree
Let's Talk
Monster
The Castle
Someone Has A Fan
I Wasn't Trained For This
The Car Ride
Distraction
The Oil Rig
A Few More Minutes
Room Service
The Lazarus Pit
Welcome to Hell
Escape
I'll Drive
Dining Room Punishment
Games and Pills
Brother-Sister Bonding
Brother-Sister Bonding Pt.2
Nighty-Night
The Search Begins
Enhanced
Time To Save
My Hero
Game of Torture
Not A Robin
Surgery
I'm Not A Dog
I Need You
Who Are You Angry At?
Twitch
Where To Go...
New Cover

An Experience

17.5K 485 74
By JustYoung1

Demetria's P.O.V.:

We continue walking through the streets of Gotham City. And so, far, it has been quite an experience. People were screaming at each other, whether it would be profanities, compliments, or sexual comments. Walking further down the streets were diners and cafes with their doors open, letting the mouth-watering aroma of food out into the public.

Damian and I would stop now and then, looking through the glass of stores and restaurants, admiring everything on the other side. Well, mostly me than Damian, but we're in this together. 

"We're nearly at the intersection," Damian says after walking for what seems forever. 

I stop in front of a store, that displayed all kinds of instruments. Damian hasn't noticed that I took a shortstop, but luckily that shortstop wasn't for long. As I walk to catch up to Damian, I am pulled by the arm into a dark alleyway next to the instrument shop and thrown onto the ground next to a dumpster surrounded by three older boys.

"What should we do with her," says boy #1, putting his hand up against the wall, and leaning down towards me, trapping me. He pulls out a switch knife and caresses my cheek with the blade. I look at him, dead in the eyes, as he does this.

"How about we have some fun," says boy #2. All of the boys chuckle simultaneously.

Boy #3 walks up to me and forcefully grabs my arm, pulling me up. Once I'm on my feet, I twist his arm behind his back and pin him against the wall.

"Kinky," I hear him whisper. 

Before I knew it, he sweeps my feet, catching me off guard. I land on my but, but roll backward not a second later and straight onto my feet, into a fighting position. Boy #2 comes at me with punches the strength and speed of an underdeveloped child. I continue to dodge his punches until I get bored. As I'm dodging his punches, Boy #3 comes from behind me. He runs up behind me and attempts to grab my torso. As his arms come together to wrap around my torso, I jump high enough to avoid his arms and Boy #2's punches. Boy #2, end up punching #3 in the face, sending him unconscious. I land on top of the dumpster in a crouched position.

"You gonna get it now kid," #2 growls. I stand up and extend my arm and hand towards him, taunting him to attack me. 

He runs up to me screaming and readies his arm to punch me. Once he's close enough I leap over him, using his shoulders as support, I put all of my weight onto my arms, and using my momentum, I slam his head onto the dumpster. Once I have landed, I look around to admire my work. I dust off my hands, walking back to the streets.

"You forgot about me."

I turn around to meet eyes with Boy #1, who's currently running up to me with a knife in hand. He swings the knife and I barely dodge it. He cuts my cheek and I hiss at the unexpected sting. If I didn't move at all, he would've sliced my eye.

"In pain kid?" He slowly walks over to me, "I'll make sure you won't live to see tomorrow." 

"That won't be necessary," a voice says from behind him. He turns around and sees Damian scowling at him.

"Get out of her kid, the girls mine," #1 says.

"My sister is not an object to be toyed with," Damian screams leaping at the boy.

The boy screams in terror and falls onto the floor with Damian on top of him. He tries to fight Damian off, but Damian being the more experienced fighter, continues to beat him to a pulp. I stood there, watching the scene unfold. No one came into save the boy being beaten to a pulp by someone half his size. No one glanced this way. No one cared.

"Let's go Damian," I say, "He's had enough."

"No! He—"

"I said let's go, Damian!" I clench my fist, staring at him in anger. "Let's go," I say softer. Damian releases his grip on the boy's shirt and lets him drop to the floor. The boy groans in pain. "Mention this to anyone and we will kill you without hesitation," I say warning the boy.

Damian walks up to me, wiping the blood off his face and knuckles. Once he reaches me, I turn around and make my way to the streets, with my hands in my pocket and a stoic face. Damian jogs up next to me in anger.

"What's wrong with you? You could've gotten yourself killed!" Damian says raising his arms.

"Like I was gonna lose to them," I say rolling my eyes.

"Ya right," Damian reaches his arm out to my face and wipes off the blood running down my face, "They were able to cut you. What were you thinking Demetria?"

"I don't know," I respond, swatting his hand away. I sigh. "I'm perfectly fine. So let's drop it." 

"Tch."

We walked the rest of the way in silence, with Damian checking up on me every now and then.

"There's the intersection," Damian says pointing at the area.

Once we reached the intersection, we make a right and continue walking. 

"So this is supposedly the area that the company is at," Damian says looking around, "Do you know which building?"

I look around and point at a greyish-silver tall building with the letter 'W' on it, "That one?"

We look at each other like it was the most obvious answer in the whole world. We nod our heads at each other and make our way towards the building. The building was huge, probably 60 stories or more. At the front of the building stood a bellboy in green. As we approached the entrance the bellboy opens the door for us with a smile. Being Damian, he ignores him, but I smile back.

"I thought he was going to question us," Damian says once the bellboy closed the door. 

"I thought so too."

Entering the building, we are greeted by the lobby. The flooring was marble with grey squiggles here and there. Off to the left side of the lobby were two beige couches facing each other and a few chairs on top of a red velvet carpet. To our left and right were hallways that led into more rooms, possibly offices. Out in front of us was an elevator, lighting up now and then, indicating that it's in use. Opposite of the little leisure area, to the right, was the receptionists' desk. At the receptionists' desk sat a blond woman with glasses, a tight bun, and a thick layer of make-up

"Let's go," Damian says, pulling me towards the elevators avoiding getting caught by the woman.

Once we make it in front of the elevators, the doors open, and a group of people leave the small space. Once all of the people leave, Damian and I enter, pressing the highest number on the panel. After the button is pressed, the doors close, and music begins to play.

"We're going to be here a while, aren't we," I said to Damian.

"Ya," He says slouching up against the wall.

I lean my back up against the wall of the elevator and lean my head back, "We should've taken the stairs."

"We could climb out through the hatch of the elevator, climb up the cables and then open the doors into the floor that father's on," Damian says looking up at the hatch in the ceiling. Just as he finishes his plan, the elevator stops at floor 8 and dings.

"Or we could get out on this floor and take the stairs from here," I say pushing myself off of the wall.

"I liked my idea better," Damian says pouting.

"Don't worry, Dami. It was a good idea." I walk out the elevator with Damian behind me, "But this one's better. Where are the stairs?"

"There," Damian says pointing down a hall. He begins to walk confidently down that the hallway.

"How do you know it's there?" I ask wearily.

"Instincts," He says. I stop in my tracks at how stupid his answer sounds, but it's highly probable. Before I walk to catch up to him, I catch a blue sign on a wall that gives a list of destinations on this floor with arrows directing to its location—one of them being the stairs.

"Instinct my ass," I whisper to myself.

Damian stood at the door leading to the stairs waiting for me.

"Why were you so behind?"

"Sorry. My instincts were just telling me to do so," I say rolling my eyes.

"Hm."

Damian opens the door leading to beautiful white-marbled staircases. We enter the area and begin walking up the stairs. As we're walking up I stop and look down the staircase.

"Can you stop stoping and taking your time Dee-Dee," Damian says annoyed. Ignoring his comment, I look up.

"There's no one here," I say.

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious, Sherlock," Damian says continuing up the staircase.

"There are security cameras, but they won't catch us," I say climbing onto the railing of the staircase.

"Dee-Dee, there are better places to kill yourself than here," Damian says blatantly.

"Haha, Dami," I roll my eye, standing and balancing myself onto the railing. "There's no one here to see us, so we could jump the rails, which is much faster," I say in a matter-of-factly manner, "and the cameras won't be able to catch our movement if we're fast enough and stay in its blind spots."

Damian gets onto the rail and balances himself. Once he is balanced, he looks over to me and nods. I nod back and we jump from floor to floor, zig-zagging from one side to the other until we reached the top floor. Once at the top, we walk over to the door and open it wide enough for our heads to peak out from it.

"Looks clear," I whisper to Damian.

"It seems empty," Damian says from above me.

"It's an office," I open the door wide and walk through, "they're doing office work. And office work is quiet."

We continue down the hall until we reach an area with another lady. We hid behind the wall and watch her. She was sitting behind a desk, typing away on her computer. Damian steps out from behind the wall, but I stop him.

"You really like ruining my fun, don't you," Damian says glaring at me.

The lady gets up and walks into the hallway behind her. Once she is out of sight, Damian and I run over to the two huge padded oak doors. We enter the room without a second thought and closed it behind us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Closer By Rain

Fanfiction

231K 7.1K 20
Bat Family book! Damian and Bruce have a big argument where Bruce kicks Damian out! With nowhere else to go, Damian turns to Jason. See how they bond...
338K 8.5K 26
The Waynes a family built upon secrets. Everyone thought that Damian had horrible female figures in his life. However after Jason discovers Damian dr...
189K 6.6K 49
Damian and Jason al Ghul grew up in isolation away from the rest of the world, the only company they had was each other and occasionally their mother...
302K 8.3K 52
Ever wonder what it's like to be a Hero? Or what it's like to be... Someone? You'll get to know the answer as you soar through the roofs of Gotham, w...