GOLDEN || T. NOTT ✓

By weasleyssweater

"You're my golden girl" - Paz Parkinson is stuck fighting a war against some of the people that she loves mo... More

one | letters
two | burnt bacon
three | seven harry's
four | the wedding
five | hogwarts
six | crucio
seven | dumbledore's army
eight | suspicions
nine | dungeons
ten | the sword
eleven | crimson
twelve | potterwatch
thirteen | a shot
fourteen | captured
fifteen | an odd feeling
sixteen | darkness
seventeen | confrontation
eighteen | rogue
nineteen | what he wanted
twenty | breakdowns
twenty-one | false hope
twenty-two | wild card
twenty-three | fireworks
twenty-four | sunshine
twenty-five | to be better
twenty-six | the portrait
twenty-seven | pansy's discovery
twenty-eight | harry potter
twenty-nine | heartbreak
thirty | cup of coffee
thirty-one | green or red
thirty-two | breakfast
thirty-three | hogwarts, again
thirty-four | graduation
thirty-five | new beginnings
epilogue
extra extra extra !

zero | recap

26.5K 474 709
By weasleyssweater

r e c a p

paz parkinson's life up until her sixth year at hogwarts.

S e p t e m b e r  1,  1 9 9 2

PAZ WAS BEYOND excited as she walked into the Great Hall, despite being soaked from head to toe due to rain, and from a fellow first year rocking their small boat too much, resulting in the lot on board to end up in the water.

But, nothing could ruin her mood.  She looked to her left, searching the Slytherin table for her older sister, Pansy.  Amidst all the chaos, though, she was unable to find her before approaching Professor McGonagall in the front of the large room.  The sorting soon began, Paz smiled when "Lovegood, Luna!" got called up.  She had spoken with her on the way to Hogwarts before Pansy and her friends infiltrated their compartment, Luna leaving quickly after.

"Parkinson, Paz!" Professor McGonagall shouted, Paz eagerly pushing people out of her way, taking a seat upon the small stool.  McGonagall placed the Sorting Hat on her head.  Paz then heard the oddly soothing voice of the Sorting Hat speaking to her and only her.

"A Parkinson?  I assume Slytherin is the correct choice for you.  But, oh, I see something in you I didn't quite see in your sister.  Perhaps Hufflepuff is the choice for you?  No, oh, no, my original choice will do just fine."

Paz smiled as the Sorting Hat shouted "Slytherin!" for the whole hall to hear.  She had finally spotted her sister, as she was now standing up from her seat, cheering the loudest from the whole Slytherin table.  Paz happily walked over to her sister and her friends, taking a seat in between Pansy and Blaise Zabini.

"Welcome home sister," Pansy giggled, wrapping her in a bone crushing hug.  Draco smiled at this.

F e b r u a r y  2 5,  1 9 9 3

GINNY WEASLEY HAD been acting odd lately, and although no one else seemed to notice, Paz certainly did.  Despite protests from Pansy, Draco, Blaise, Theo, Crabbe and Goyle, her only Slytherin friends, Paz spent most of her time with the fierce, red-headed Gryffindor.  The two got along better than most would think.

Paz noticed Ginny glued to that damn diary of hers.  Whenever asking what she wrote about inside of it, Ginny would go quiet.  Paz didn't mind, she respected her friends privacy, but she knew Ginny was hiding something, and it definitely wasn't her crush on bloody Harry Potter.  Paz didn't like Harry Potter all that much, but not for the same reasons her sister and friends didn't like him.  Paz wasn't fond of him because he seemed to think that she was the enemy simply because she was a Slytherin. 

But she knew Ginny adored the Boy Who Lived, so she put up with him, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.  She never allowed herself to grow close to them, noticing the three of them always seemed to get themselves stuck in sticky situations.

As Paz and Ginny walked to Potions with Professor Snape together, Ginny seemed more jumpy than usual. 

"You alright Gin?" Paz asked, glancing towards the diary sticking out of her friends bag.

"Just fine, why do you ask?"  Questioned Ginny, following Paz's gaze to the diary.  She stuffed it farther in her bag and out of sight to Paz.  The two didn't speak all Potions class. 

M a y  2 9,  1 9 9 3

THE WRITING ON the wall was haunting to Paz.  Paz felt as if something was wrong, so she decided to go wandering about the castle, stumbling upon two familiar boys.  She now stood behind Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, observing several Professors discussing the matter.  When they revealed it was Ginny Weasley who had been taken, Paz felt her dinner making her way back up from her stomach.

When Professor Lockhart was ordered to save Ginny, Paz almost ran out of the three's hiding place to slap some sense into the other Professors.  Even she knew Lockhart was a complete idiot. 

"Paz, go back to your dormitory, we're saving Ginny." Harry stated, Ron nodding in agreement.

"Let me help," Paz pleaded, following the two boys down the corridor. 

"Please Paz, we can't lose you and Ginny, if you don't feel like going back to your room, go keep Hermione or Colin Creevey company in the Infirmary then." Harry stated.  Paz sighed, knowing he was right.  She wished them good luck before rushing off to the Infirmary, though, the sight of one Molly Weasley caused her to stop in her tracks.

She and Arthur Weasley were hot on Professor McGonagall's tail, seeming to head in the direction of McGonagall's office. 

At this point, Paz did not care she would be in an enormous amount of trouble for getting caught out of bed.  Without thinking, she started running towards Molly, wanting nothing more than reassurance that her friend would be okay.

"Mrs. Weasley!" Paz shouted, Professor McGonagall looking as if she was going to pass out.

"What on earth are you doing out of bed child!" She stammered, Paz finally reaching the group.

"My best friend is in the Chamber of Secrets Professor," Paz stated, "I can't exactly sleep unless I know she is safe."

Molly wrapped her in a hug, happy to finally meet the girl Ginny spoke so highly about during holiday and in her letters.  McGonagall, too stressed to fight with the small Parkinson girl, continued to lead the small group of now four to her office.

Many, many minutes later, Harry, Ron and Ginny entered McGonagall's office, Paz unable to keep the wide smile off her face and the happy tears that spilled from her eyes.

N o v e m b e r ,  1 9 9 3

PAZ ROLLED HER eyes, watching as Ginny made a 'get well soon' card for one Harry Potter.  After the events of last school year, Paz seemed glued to Ginny, making sure she was safe.  Though Ginny loved having Paz at her side, she noticed Paz sometimes took keeping her safe to extreme measures.  This included hitting Fred Weasley with a very strong body bind curse when he teased Ginny's small crush on Harry.

"He will love it." Ginny smiled to herself, holding it up for Paz to see.  Paz smiled, though unimpressed. 

"I'm sure he will, Gin."

Ginny sighed, gently placing it inside her school bag.  The two sat at the Slytherin table in the Great Hall.  A small group of Hufflepuffs sat at their designated table, though the rest of the room was empty. 

Paz changed the subject from Harry Potter to Professor Lupin, who both Paz and Ginny had a crush on.  The two's giggling was soon put to an end when unwanted company arrived.

"A weasel at the Slytherin table," Draco laughed.  Pansy sent a disappointed look towards Paz.  "Don't you have anywhere else to be?"

Ginny grabbed her bag and got up. "Oh shove off Malfoy."

"And she fights back." Theo laughs. 

Paz couldn't stop herself as she hit both Theo and Draco with a booming "Sputefy!"

Ginny laughed and Pansy shrieked as the two boys were sent flying backwards, bouncing off the wall and landing in a heap on the ground.  Paz smiled, happy with herself, but this feeling didn't last long.

"Miss. Parkinson!" Professor McGonagall shouted from the entrance of the Great Hall.  Paz was stuck in detention for a week.

J u l y  14,  1 9 9 4

PANSY AND PAZ were in the backyard of Malfoy Manor, zooming around on broomsticks and passing the quaffle to one another.  They were accompanied by the normal group of Slytherins Pansy hung out with during school. 

"Heads up Paz!" Theo shouts, throwing a quaffle towards Paz's head.  With quick instincts, Paz catches the quaffle and throws it back at Theo, hitting him square on the forehead and knocking him off his broom.  The others laugh, though Theo didn't find the matter funny. 

The small girl with the bushy black hair often picked on Theo more than the others.  Draco laughed whenever Theo would bring this up to him, so when he brought it up after the two girls left back home for the night Draco's reaction was no different. 

"You imbecile," Draco snorted, "Are you that oblivious mate?  Paz fancies you.  She doesn't bother speaking to us most days, but she always seems to have time for a conversation with you."

Theo rolled his eyes.  "Those conversations are usually filled with insults towards each other Malfoy."

"She's 13, what else do you expect from her?  And have you seen the way she defends that weasel of hers, all those insults seem like a defense mechanism to me."

A u g u s t  3,  1 9 9 4

THE PARKINSON HOUSE was quiet, though this was normal.  If Paz wasn't practicing the violin or Pansy wasn't practicing piano, you would guess no one lived in the huge house.   The girls' parents didn't speak to them much, only when criticizing their musical talents or preaching to them the Dark Arts.

Paz and Pansy were sitting in front of the fire place, Paz flipping through the pages of Quidditch Through the Ages.  Pansy was startled when hearing a banging at the window across the room, Paz too invested in her book to notice. 

When glancing over, Pansy noticed a sickly looking owl, trying to get inside.  She hurried to the window, letting the owl in.  It immediately flew to Paz, dropped the letter on her book and then plopped down on the floor, clearly very tired.

"What is it Paz?" Pansy asked curiously, falling back down next to her sister. 

Paz examined the letter, noticing the handwriting on the front as Ginny Weasley's.  She quickly ripped it open, taking out the small piece of parchment from inside.

Paz,

Dad got us tickets to the Quidditch World Cup later this month.  We've got extra tickets, let me know if you would like to join.  Hope your holiday is well.

See you soon! (Hopefully)

Ginny

"Oh great, the weasel." Pansy groaned, rolling over onto her back.

"Oh shut it," said Paz, hitting her sister playfully on the shoulder, "Oh, I wish I could go."

"Why can't you?"

Paz looked to Pansy, her expression showing clear annoyance. "You think our parents would ever let me stay with the Weasley's?"

Pansy sighed, realizing her sister was right.  She watched as Paz, with a disappointed look on her face, wrote back to Ginny Weasley that she couldn't go.  Pansy didn't feel all that bad though.  She would much rather her home than with the Weasley's of all people.

D e c e m b e r  2 5, 1 9 9 4

THE PARKINSON SISTERS stayed at Hogwarts this year, as they would both be attending the Yule Ball.  Pansy and Draco would be going together, and Paz had annoyed Theo into taking her. 

Paz found herself in Ginny's room, the two getting ready together.  Ginny's room was empty, the others all going home for holiday, as third years could only attend the Yule Ball if invited.  Ginny was originally going to wear a dress that used to be her mothers, though Paz had a different idea. 

"I don't know if I could wear this Paz." Ginny sighed, staring at herself in the mirror.  She could see Paz's reflection in the mirror, her face lighting up with excitement.

"Oh c'mon Gin! You look absolutely magnificent!" Paz whined.  She had brought over one of her extra dresses, which was a beautiful white color with blue floral designs throughout the entire dress. 

Paz was wearing an emerald green dress with gold accents, her mother had gotten it made special for her a month prior.  Both girls couldn't stop from squealing and jumping around Ginny's room, beyond excited to attend the Yule Ball in one short hour.

"Thanks for this, Paz, I owe you one." Ginny stated, falling back onto her bed.  Paz followed her actions, falling directly next to her.

"Your friendship and snarky comments to my friends will do just fine." Paz smiles, the two girls then falling into a fit of laughter. 

Ginny then nudged Paz, "You finally gonna say something to that idiot Nott?"

Paz sat up and crossed her arms over her chest, turning towards Ginny.

"And why would I do that?"

"Oh Merlin," Ginny laughed, placing her hands over her face, "Because Luna and I both can tell you've got a massive crush on him!"

Paz rolled her eyes at this comment, quickly changing the subject to anything but Theodore Nott.

Eventually it was time to head down to meet their dates.  The girls left the Gryffindor house, rushing to the Great Hall.  Neville was waiting for Ginny at the entrance.  Paz said her goodbyes, then waiting for Theo, who was late.  Though she expected nothing less from the boy.

"Paz!" Theo shouted from down the hallway, Draco and Pansy following behind him.  Paz smiled, trying to keep her cheeks from reddening.  Theo finally reached her, smiling down at his best friends little sister.

"You clean up quite nice Nott," Paz said, fixing his tie to make it centered on his chest.

"A compliment? From Paz Parkinson? Wow," Theo laughed, Paz rolling her eyes.  "You look quite beautiful yourself."

J u n e  2 4,  1 9 9 5

THE FINAL TASK had finally approached, as had the end of term.  Paz, Ginny and Luna were seated in the quidditch stands, staring down at the four champions below. 

"I do hope they'll be alright." Luna said dreamily. 

"I'm sure they will, though, the first two tasks didn't go all that well," Ginny trailed off.  Paz smiled at her two friends.  Paz had become friendly with Luna during Care for Magical Creatures at the beginning of the school year, and she slowly began to hang out with both Paz and Ginny.  The three now seemed to be inseparable. 

Pansy kept glancing over to her sister, disappointed that she was sat with a Gryffindor and Ravenclaw and not beside her.  Draco had noticed Pansy was upset over the lack of time spent with her sister and tried to keep her distracted from it.

"Look at all the Potter Stinks pins," Draco said, nudging Pansy.  The two looked around, noticing nearly every Slytherin was sporting one, all except Paz, who Pansy's gaze had landed upon once again.

"Do you think she likes them more than us?" Pansy asks Draco, genuinely afraid of losing her sister to the two girls sat beside her.

Draco scoffed.  "Of course not, Parkinson.  I think it's more that she hates Crabbe and Goyle." He states, motioning towards the two boys who sat in front of them.  Pansy chuckled, her attention then diverting to Dumbledore, who was beginning to speak.

The task soon began, everyone sitting eagerly in their seats, waiting to see who will come out victorious.  Paz grew confused when both Cedric and Harry had disappeared.

"Is that part of the maze?" Ginny asks, slightly standing up, looking for Dumbledore.

Each minute passed by slower than the next before Harry and Cedric had finally returned.  Ginny's question was soon answered.

J u n e  1 8,  1 9 9 6

PAZ HAD BEEN extremely happy the past few months.  She had been part of Dumbledore's army, the only Slytherin there.  Pansy and the rest of her friends hadn't a clue, though Paz so desperately wanted to tell her sister how well she was doing in her dueling.  She was most excited about being able to produce a corporeal patronus.

Most of this, though, was forgotten as she battled Death Eaters inside the Department of Mysteries.  Despite doing so well keeping her allegiance to the Order a secret, she knew as she duelled Lucius Malfoy it was all for nothing now.  Her parents would know of this by the next morning, and she would be kicked to the curb. 

What would Pansy think?  What would Theo think?

"Parkinson, watch out!" Harry shouted, though Paz was slightly too late.  She was sent flying forwards from a spell that hit her directly on the back.  The only good thing to come out of this was the fact that Lucius was now knocked down as well.

Paz quickly got up, rushing to the rest of her friends, noticing some were missing.  The lot kept running and making their way back through the rooms, though soon just Paz and Harry were left.  Once they run to a door, they are sent tumbling down steps, only to find themselves in front of a veil. 

Harry quickly stands up, examining it.  "What is this?"

"I don't know, but don't get too close Harry." Paz states, pulling him away from it.

The next events happened so quickly, Paz hardly had a moment to think.  Neville coming in, barely able to hold himself up.  Death Eaters beginning to file in, taunting all three children, especially Paz.

"Your father will be so delighted to hear you were here tonight," Bellatrix laughed, sending a spell towards Paz, who deflected it.

Order members appeared out of no where, and the fight continued.  Remus Lupin ordered Paz to leave, though, the stubborn girl she was, did no such thing.  And it was a good thing too, or else Lupin himself most likely would have fallen through that damn veil, if it wasn't for Paz casting a protective charm over him seconds before a spell would have hit him.

It was obvious Paz couldn't save everyone, though. 

The screams from Harry were unbearable.  Paz's heart broke as she watched Lupin restrain Harry from running after Sirius, who had fallen into the veil, never to return.

Paz wishes her sister was by her side.

A u g u s t,  1 9 9 6

HARRY POTTER HAD recently arrived to the Burrow, though he wasn't the only guest that summer.  Both Fleur Delacour, Bill Weasley's fiancé, and Paz Parkinson were also staying.

Paz didn't bother going home at the end of the previous school year.  Ginny, once arriving back to Hogwarts after the battle at the Department of Mysteries, invited Paz to stay at the Burrow, which Paz gladly accepted. 

One night in July she went back home, packing up all her stuff as her parents slept, though Pansy kept her company.  Paz and Pansy wrote to each other quite frequently, Pansy assuring her she would never turn her back on her sister.

Theo also wrote frequently, which surprised Paz, as she thought he would be the first to insult her when returning back to Hogwarts in September.  He mainly wrote to check up on her, let her know how Pansy was, etc. 

Paz had many, many distractions from her family dilemma, though.  Between Ginny and Mrs. Weasley complaining to her about Fleur, Order members flooding in and out of the house, trying to stay safe from Voldemort, keeping Harry happy and busy, it was complete chaos.  Paz enjoyed it though, she felt as if it was the family she had always wanted.  If only Pansy was there to share it with her...

When she wasn't outside playing quidditch with Ginny and the others, she would spend her time inside reading.  When Remus Lupin was over, however, she seemed to be glued to him.  It was obvious her small crush on him had never faded from her second year, Ginny loved to tease her about it.  She also spent lots of time with Fleur, who was actually very pleasant to be around if you gave her the time of day.

Summer holiday was slowly reaching an end, which meant a trip to Diagon Alley for school supplies.  Pansy continuously sent Paz small amounts of money every couple of days, making sure her parents wouldn't notice and question her about large amounts of missing money from their Gringotts vault.  Despite this, Paz still could barely buy all the required supplies for this year. 

The highlight to the short trip was visiting Fred and George's joke shop. Both Paz and Ginny bought Pygmy Puffs, Ginny's was purple while Paz's was pink.  Paz decided to name him Nott.  She was anticipating how much Theo would hate it once she told him.

M a r c h  3,  1 9 9 7

GINNY WAS COMPLAINING to both Paz and Luna about her boyfriend, Dean Thomas.  Complaining about Dean and talking highly of Harry Potter was all Ginny seemed to do recently, it began to annoy Paz very much.  Luna didn't mind it though. 

"He's just so, so-"

"Bothersome." Paz finished Ginny's sentence, Ginny nodding her head in agreement and groaning.  "If you can't stand the kid so much just break up with him Gin."

Ginny sighed, falling back onto the couch in the Gryffindor common room.  The three were doing a Potions essay that Professor Slughorn had assigned them.  Ginny had kept taking secret glances over to Harry Potter, who was in the corner plotting something with Hermione and Ron.

Once dinner time rolled around, the trio separated and went to their respected tables in the Great Hall. Although Draco, Crabbe and Goyle seemed to despise Paz, she still sat with Pansy during meals, which also meant sitting with those three. She sat between Pansy and Theo, both happy to see her. Theo then glared all the pink puffball on her shoulder.

"Can't believe you named him after me," Theo mumbled, sending both Paz and Pansy into fits of laughter. Theo and Blaise stifled their laughter. The four then noticed Draco, Crabbe and Goyle get up and leave in a hurry.

Paz frowned, watching as the three disappeared from the Great Hall. Draco had seemed off all year, Pansy was worried sick about him, which, by default, caused Paz to be worried sick as well. Although Draco could now care less about Paz, she still cared for him.

"It's alright Paz, screw him." Blaise stated, his mouth full of chicken. Paz sighed, moving her food around her plate with her fork. Pansy shot a look at Blaise, who put his arms up in defense.

"I mean," Theo began, Blaise quickly shot him a look, "What Zabini! I was just gonna say, you can't exactly blame Draco. His parents are Death Eaters, my fathers a Death Eater, we're all gonna be forced to become Death Eaters, and Paz here is fighting against us. You can't blame him for not wanting to be around her."

Without a word, Paz stood up and quickly left the Slytherin table. She knew he was completely right, and she hated that he was right. She hated that she was fighting against the people she loved. Her sister was one of them.

"You bloody idiot! That's my sister!" Pansy shouts, punching Theo's shoulder, causing him to wince in pain.

"And the girl you claim to fancy," Blaise rolled his eyes, "What a way of showing it."

"Oh shove off." Theo stated, finishing his dinner without another word.

J u n e  3 0,  1 9 9 7

HARRY AND DUMBLEDORE had left Hogwarts, leaving Ginny a worried mess.  Paz staked out the Room of Requirement with Ginny after answering her old D.A. coin from the previous year.  With a small bit of liquid luck, she was confident everyone would be okay, that she would be okay.

To Paz's disappointment, Draco soon emerged from the Room of Requirement, throwing Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder upon seeing Paz and Ginny. The two were blinded as he lead the Death Eaters into Hogwarts.

"Paz?" Ginny shouted, feeling her way out of the area. Once she could see again, she watched Paz emerge from the powder as well.

"C'mon, think we've got a date with some Death Eaters." Paz smiled darkly. Ginny knew Paz to be nearly like herself, though there was always a slight difference between the two. When put in a certain situation, such as this one, Ginny would never think to kill. Paz on the other hand, she would do it in the blink of an eye. That didn't make her a bad person, it was just how she was raised, on her parents beliefs. She sees the Unforgivable's as forgivable.

The two ran down the halls of Hogwarts, and to Paz's delight, ran into Remus Lupin and several other members of the Order. As Death Eaters began to surround them, duels broke out every which way.

Paz and Ginny stood back to back, deflecting curses sent towards them left and right. Ginny was dueling Amycus Carrow, while Paz was dueling his sister, Alecto.

"Crucio!" Paz shouted, watching as Alecto fell to the floor in pain. Ginny nearly lost her train of thought after hearing that spell come from Paz, but quickly focused back up on Amycus.

Now that Alecto was out of the way, Paz ran down the corridor to fend off Fenrir Greyback, who had gotten a good scratch on Bill Weasley.

"Hmm," Fenrir smiled menacingly towards Paz, "The blood traitor."

"Get away from my friend." Paz stated, deflecting several curses Fenrir sent her way. Growing impatient, he then lunged at her, though Paz was expecting and hoping for this.

"PAZ!" A voice screamed, she recognized it to be Remus Lupin.

"Petrificus Totalus!" She shouted, as Fenrir dropped from mid air, his body now binded. Paz walked up to him and repeatedly kicked him both in his chest and face, Remus having to pull her away.

"Never scare me like that again." Remus mumbled as the two ran down the hall, sending jinxes left and right at Death Eaters. Paz blushed. This jolt of happiness didn't last long.

As the chaos drew to a close, Paz had only then realized what had happened. Dumbledore was dead. Draco was a Death Eater. She was fighting a battle, a battle against her sister. This marked the beginning of the war.

end of recap

a/n

thank you for choosing to read golden! i'm very excited for this fan fiction and to dive deep into paz. i decided to add this recap in of paz's previous years at hogwarts so you get a feel of who she is and her relationships with other people.

enjoy the rest of the story!

gia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 12.9K 24
-𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ʰᵉʳᵐⁱᵒⁿᵉ ᵍʳᵃⁿᵍᵉʳ - ♧ 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐪𝐮...
222K 3.4K 24
A story where two broken pieces find their way to each other to become whole. A girl that self doubts and misses the bright world that her mother had...
192K 4.3K 24
When hatred meets desire, anarchy predominates. And when desire becomes reality, there is a greed that possesses. For one shade of red is not enough...
23.4K 1.2K 18
❝ 𝘏𝘌 IS MOST DEFINITELY NOT 𝘔𝘠 ROMEO, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. ❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ༊*·˚ 🎭 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 in which wyatt buckley finally get...