Before Her Arrival // NCT Kim...

By stanmordan1

BOOK 1 OF ARRIVAL DUOLOGY When Chanmi met her ultimate bias, Jungwoo, she wasn't expecting it to be something... More

Before Her Arrival
Prologue
Chapter 1: Encounter
Chapter 2: Help
Chapter 3: First
Chapter 4: Cheer
Chapter 5: Gummy
Chapter 6: Paradise
Chapter 7: Tears
Chapter 8: Visit
Chapter 9: Text Message
Chapter 10: Yeah
Chapter 11: Heroes
Chapter 12: Trip
Chapter 13: Snowfall
Chapter 14: Instagram
Special Chapter: Cold Night
Chapter 15: Birthday
Chapter 16: Jami
Chapter 17: Surprise
Special Chapter: Christmas
Chapter 18: Brown Coffee
Chapter 20: First Move
Chapter 21: Valentine's
Chapter 22: Staring contest
Chapter 23: Dream
Chapter 24: Date
Chapter 25: You're special
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Announcement
Announcement 2.0

Chapter 19: Hangout

139 6 2
By stanmordan1

Chapter 19: Hangout

CHANMI

I ROLLED on the bed and groan in frustration. I wasn't able to sleep last night in an unknown reason. Shutting my eyes closed and heaving countless sighs last night, I am still not able to reach the dreamland. I fell asleep at almost four in the midnight, two hours before my alarm rings.

It's Sunday but I still have a work today and I can't take a leave since I've got my leave last week, the same day Jungwoo and Minji met each other. That day, they were still trying to get along with each other but unfortunately (or fortunately?) they were still awkward to each other. I still have to open up the topic for them so silence won't hug us.

We just ate our dinner that night, talked about things and introduced theirselves, which I did for them. I almost got out of topic since I wasn't ready for that. The two can't still look at each other's eyes and still shy to open up a topic. I won't let it happen between them especially that I am around. What's the purpose of spending time with Jungwoo to help him be closer to Minji again if I won't do my job properly?

I got up from my bed and rubbed my eyes. Minji wasn't on her bed anymore and when I checked the whole place, she's nowhere to be found. There was a sticky note on the refrigerator and when I checked what was written on it, Minji said that she dropped by at the coffee shop.

After doing my morning routine, except not eating my breakfast since I don't have bread nor milk in my refrigerator anymore, I head towards the coffee shop, I saw Minji sitting at the same spot where she met Jungwoo. Looks like she's reminiscing that moment she didn't expected. Instead of greeting her, I chose not to interrupt her train of thoughts and proceed to do my job.

"She was like that for half an hour now," Jihoon commented as he leaned at the countertop, looking at Minji, after I stood at the counter.

"She must be daydreaming right now," I replied, giving him a quick glance.

"Is she thinking about that Jungwoo guy?" He squinted his eyes as he huffed.

"That Jungwoo guy?" I repeated and scoffed at him. "The last time I checked, you were fanboying over him."

"Did I?" He pointed his forefinger at him and displayed a puzzled expression at me. I squinted my eyes at him and smirk.

"Are you jealous?" My smirk grew into a grin and I started poking his waist.

"I'm not!" he hissed and took a last glance at Minji before darting me a glare. He left me chuckling while I focused on what I should do.

It was four days ago since we welcomed the new year. Minji and I celebrated New Year's Eve together with the usual way of celebrating it. Preparing some foods for us to share when the clock strikes at 12 in the midnight and while waiting for it, we watched the live performances of different groups including NCT.

Minji went to their home the next day to visit her parents who were fine about the idea of letting Minji stay with me to celebrate New Year. As for my family, I wasn't able to go home since I am still working but I talked to Chanhi and asked them how are they. Chanhi has a lot of stories to tell but he didn't finished it since our mother interrupted him and that's how our conversation ended.

"Hey, earth to Chanmi." Minji snapped her fingers in front of me and wriggled her brows after I diverted my gaze at her. "You didn't even informed me you're here."

"You were enjoying yourself while reminiscing about Jungwoo and your first encounter after a lot of years that have passed."

She made face at me while I grinned at her. "How's your sleep? You look like you enjoyed it."

"Are you serious or you're mocking me?" I furrowed my brows at her while she also did the same.

"What do you mean?"

"I didn't get to sleep enough and I just fell asleep at four," I replied, huffing some air on my chest. "I don't even know the reason why."

"You must be stressed," she commented, shaking her head gently and clicked her tongue. "To add more to that, let me remind you that classes will resume tomorrow. Sounds cool?" Her grin sent annoyance in my sleepless self.

"I want to hit you right now," I told her and rolled my eyes.

"Nah, you can't. Mind you, I'm older than you." She grinned widely and tapped the countertop twice. "I'll be leaving, just going to check some stuffs."

"Take your time and don't ever come back here to annoy me," I told her and put both of my hands at the countertop to support my body.

"Yeah dear, have a nice day!" she said before walking away from me and waving her hand.

I drew a heavy sigh after she vanished from my sight. I focused doing the stuffs I need despite being tired. There were still a lot of customers like what we had in December that's why I still can't rest for few minutes.

More to that, when there were no customers entering the cafe, instead of resting a bit, Jihoon will be standing beside the counter and will talk nonstop about his Christmas vacation. Which sometimes I find enjoyable but most of the times, annoying.

There were knocks on the countertop that snapped me back to reality. I harshly heaved a sigh and suppress my annoyance before lifting up my head to look at Jihoon.

"Please, I—" My mouth gaped open as the words stopped getting out from my mouth as my eyes fell on the guy infront of me. His dark brown hair were almost covering his eyes and a familiar smile were on his lips. "Jungwoo?"

"Thank God, you came back to your senses." He fixed his jacket before looking back at me. "I just want to ask if you're free later?"

"I think so, why?" I asked him and leaned against the countertop.

"None of the hyung nor the dongsaeng wants to go with me buying groceries," he replied and pouted.

"You're buying groceries? Good timing, I will too," I told him after remembering that I don't have stocks of food anymore.

"Oh, that's great! So what time are we going?"

"Would you wait for me until lunch? I'll be out at that time, I think I really need rest now," I answered and checked my wristwatch. It displays ten minutes before 11:30.

"Yeah, no problem." He smiled at me and he walked away from me before he halt, turning his head to look at me again. "I just remembered that you owe me and Jaehyun hyung a coffee."

I then remembered what they told me when they brought me home and he was pertaining to that.

"Do you want it now?" I gave him a half smile and he quickly shook his head.

"I prefer having it with Jaehyun hyung. I'll just wait for you there," he said before walking away from me.

He waited for me while I also waited for lunch so we can go now. While waiting, Jihoon walked towards me with a blank expression.

"Why is he here again?" he asked and took a glance at Jungwoo whose eyes were shut closed and earphones were tucked in his ears while his arms were crossed, comfortably leaning against the backrest.

"Why are you so pissed?" I sneered. "You're jealous? Yes, you are." I glanced at him.

"Look, I'm—"

"You like Minji, admit it." He gave me a double look before sighing.

"Fine, yes. Just don't let anyone know this," he surrendered then scrunched his nose.

"I'll just inform Minj—"

"Hey! Don't you dare do that," he said in a threatening voice.

"Hey, it's lunch time," Hanjin butted in, removing his apron and tapping my shoulder.

I smiled and raised a brow at Jihoon. "I'll bring that Jungwoo guy with me so stop being annoyed at his presence, lover boy."

"Sshh!" He put his forefinger in front of his lips as he took a glance at Hanjin, checking if he heard what I've said.

We went inside the staff room and Jihoon sulked at the corner while I opened my locker.

"Hanjin, I won't be returning later, I will be resting since tomorrow's resume of classes." Hanjin nodded his head as he took off his white longsleeves leaving his white shirt.

"Okay, you get out of here, bring your Jungwoo with you." Jihoon pushed me towards the door. "Hanjin is changing his clothes and you're here?"

"He's still on his shirt, dummy," I replied and hit his arm before grabbing my things from my locker.

I changed my clothes in the restroom before putting back my things in the locker. I immediately went to Jungwoo so he won't be waiting a little longer. He doesn't seem to be bored waiting for me unlike the last time he did.

"Get in," he said as he opened the door for me. I smiled at him before getting inside.

He drove towards the nearest mall and we headed straight at the supermarket. Thankfully, no one recognized him that's why we were strolling around peacefully. He even wore eyeglasses, his hair still covers his eyes.

He pushed his cart and ride on it then immediately stopped in front of the junk foods section. He grabbed a pack of chips and any other junk foods then he'll throw it on his cart. I also did the same but I just grabbed the junk foods that I think is enough for me unlike him who gets a lot of it.

"You'll eat all of those?" I asked as I scanned the bags of junk foods inside his cart and compared it to mine.

"Nope," he replied, popping the 'p' and shaking his head. "I'll share this with Jaehyun hyung and we'll share some with the other members."

We continued strolling around and getting what we need. He didn't forget to go to the candies section and his eyes twinkled as he look at the shelves full of gummy candies, choclates and lollipops. He even ran towards it like a kid then he rode at his cart to go there. I stared at his tall figure who looks so cute in front of the candies and I will never ever let this opportunity pass again like what happened the last time.

I immediately fished for my phone in my pocket and took a picture of him. I smiled after being satisfied with the shot and pushed my cart to go beside him.

"The secret to make 'much better' better," he said, waving the packs of candies in front of me.

I took a lot of those and he was surprised to see me mindlessly getting a lot of it.

"Are you sure about that?" He stared at the candies on my cart.

"Hmm, yeah. It makes me feel better like what you've said," I replied and shrugged my shoulders.

We paid for the products we got and left those at the package counter for the mean time so we can go around the mall first before heading home. We went inside a toy store and I wanted to jump at the corner where there are full of fluffy bears. He watched me enjoyed staring at the stuffed toys and pressing some to feel their fluffiness.

"You like Snoopy, right?" I asked him and looked for some Snoopy toys but unfortunately, I didn't see anything. He nodded at me and also did the same. "But there's no Snoopy here."

"Yeah. By the way, how's Jaejae?" he asked as we walked towards the exit.

"He's fine, he's lying on my bed." I shrugged my shoulders and looked at him. "How about Mimi?"

"She's on our shelves, with Woowoo."

My eyes quinted as I saw a familiar figure. Her long straight hair moves from side to side as she walks. At first, I thought I was wrong but when she faced our direction, that's when I knew it was Minji. I tugged the hem of Jungwoo's shirt and he immediately snapped his head towards me after giving a glance at the hem of his shirt. He then look at the direction where I was looking.

"Minji's here," I told him, I didn't notice that my grip on his shirt tightened. I felt his hand pressed mine and that's when I realize I was still holding his shirt. "Oh, sorry."

He stopped walking while I went towards Minji and tapped her shoulders. She was surprised to see me at the mall because I didn't even told her I'll be going here. Actually I wasn't even planning, but since Jungwoo asked me and I don't have any stock of groceries at home, I decided to just go here.

"Why are you here?" she asked as she held both of my wrists.

"I needed to buy groceries and I have someone with me." I wriggled my brows before pulling her towards Jungwoo who was still standing where I left him. "Minji, shut your mouth and be calm," I whispered at her when I saw her trying to stop herself from squealing.

"Hey." Jungwoo waved his hand at her, awkwardness hinted on his voice.

"Hey, Jungwoo," Minji greeted, trying to shove the awkwardness away.

"So where do you want to go next?" I asked both of them. "We need time to shove away that awkwardness between you."

I held both of their arms and walked towards where my feet brought me. We went inside an arcade and excitedly ran towards the token machine. I gave them enough tokens and pulled them both towards the basketball.

"Just enjoy this," I told them and put a token inside. I waited for the balls to roll down and I started playing.

They weren't planning to play at first but then when they saw how enjoyable it is, they joined. It's unfair that Jungwoo is too tall than us that it's a piece of cake for him to play. He even shoots the ball using one hand and then the other alternately. When I finished my third set of game, I stopped for a while and waited for them to finish while catching my breath.

Jungwoo is so serious playing, the sleeves of his jacket were pulled up to his elbows. I stared at his side profile and like what I always see on people's comments, he has a best side profile. I looked away when he gave me a quick glance after he threw a ball and then diverted his eyes on the ring again.

It halt my breath for a second and I don't know how to react. I can't stop myself from smiling when it kept rewinding in my mind. Minji's stares pulled me back to reality and woke me up from my daydream.

"I wouldn't like to challenge Jungwoo for 'whoever gets the highest score wins' game. He's good," Minji commented as she tried to look at Jungwoo.

"Oh, not really." Jungwoo for a while was flustered and he shyly chuckled. Now they are learning to talk directly to each other and doesn't need me to make them start a conversation.

"What about we play?" Minji then asked me. "Only the two of us."

"Wait, that's unfair," I replied.

"But you're taller than me," she said.

"I am but you were a volleyball player when we were in highschool."

Jungwoo looked at us like he is watching a badminton game. We continued bickering and end up playing instead.

"3...2...1...go!" Jungwoo announced. Minji and I pressed the button and let the balls roll down.

I tried my best but I know myself that I can't even reach half of her points. My arms are weaker compared to Minji's so I know I can't. I only have a minute left and Minji is enjoying the game. My arms were numb and I stopped throwing for a while when Jungwoo started to throw the balls and helped me. I can see him smiling through his eyes and he's glancing at me.

"Hey that's unfair," Minji said as soon as the game finished. "Why did you helped her?"

"I just wanted to let her beat you," Jungwoo joked and glanced at the scoreboard.

I am two points ahead of Minji because of Jungwoo's help. Minji frowned and I laughed at her reaction.

"I thought you're not going to get any sides," Minji commented, pretending to be disappointed.

"I just help someone who needs it," Jungwoo replied and shrugged his shoulders.

"Do you guys want to eat dinner later?" I asked and before I could finish my question, Jungwoo's phone rang.

He picked up the call while Minji walked towards me. She was smiling and tries to suppress it by biting her lower lip.

"Why does he look so good playing basketball?" Minji giggled as she pressed my arm.

"You ask him yourself, you know I can't answer that." She made face at me and gently hit my arm.

"I just remember, you never told me who's your bias."

"Uh, hey, Yuta hyung called me and was looking for me," Jungwoo said as soon as he finished talking to Yuta on his phone. "I really wanted to spend more time with you but I think I needed to go."

"Oh sure, no problem. Let's just get the groceries and go," I said and dragged them. "We'll go home as well."

"I'll drive you home," Jungwoo said and I accepted the offer.

We headed towards the parking area after we got the groceries. Jungwoo opened the door for me since Minji immediately went inside the backseat. We arrived at our apartment before six in the evening and the sun sets.

"Bye, Chanmi," Jungwoo said as he waved his hand at me. "Hope to see you again, Minji."

#

A/N: Sorry for the slow updates, schoolworks don't want me to write. I have tons of it that's why I can't manage my time properly. I'll try my best to update asap :)) Enjoy reading!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.5K 2.4K 21
Superior meets the superior-er. Jung Jaehyun meets Lee Yoonjin. I guess, that's the reason why he was attracted to her unknowingly. Simply because, s...
5.5K 381 46
{ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴɢ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ} "You know what? I'm more than angry. I'm furious. You throw away my feelings like they're nothing. Like I'm nothing. And then you...
268 21 21
Who know a man with arrogant attitude, Lucas have to be in agreement relationship with his unexpected girl who was not on purposely ruin him t shirt...
12.8K 522 16
Hyuck and Jeno had been dating since My first and last era, they loved each other endlessly and had a beautiful relationship . Everyone in nct suppor...