Mission: Be lowkey! [On Hold]

By PEAZAAZ

Amanda Hughes, now known as Carlita Mayers, always wanted to have a normal and unimportant life. When she wok... More

Mission: Be Lowkey!
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 19.5
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 18

278 10 1
By PEAZAAZ

This kid is actually a teenager?!

"What is your name?" Ethan interrogated poor little Ivan with his usual tone of voice. I could only stare at Ethan with a placid expression, slightly envying the amount of money he has. Seriously, he has given two pouches of gold for two persons now.

"I-Ivan..." Ivan timidly responded while lowering his head in fear. I sighed and walked to the both of them.

"Hey Ethan... don't pressure the kid, it was my fault anyways. I wasn't vigilant." I told Ethan while worriedly looking at Ivan whose eyes are currently widening.

"Okay. Here." Ethan handed me the small bag he was holding the whole time. I smiled in wonder and opened it, very ecstatic to saw two grilled prawns on a small container. I grinned at thanked Ethan who only shrugged and silently nodded.

"Ivan, here you go. You must be hungry." While carefully taking out one of the prawns, Ivan seems to be salivating while looking at the mouth-watering food on my hand. Slowly, he took the prawn out of my hands and nibbled it. I saw his eyes glimmering in delight while finally consuming the prawn wholly.

"Yes, that's it! Kids must eat with enthusiasm!" I exclaimed while happily giving him the other prawn. It's alright... I wasn't really hungry on the first place... actually, I am. But, this kid needs the food more.

"Um... actually..." Ivan's face turned red while he silently muttered. I tilted my head in curiosity, urging him to continue.

"He is not a kid." Ethan suddenly spoke while looking at me in a ridiculing manner. My mouth went agape while observing Ivan's weak and might I say, 'childish' body...

"Tch. Ethan, I may be stupid sometimes but I am not blind. Ivan is definitely a kid!" I complained with a shook of my head. Ivan is smaller and tinier than I, which is a short girl compared to other girls my age, and so, I wouldn't be reluctant to say that he's a kid. He looks around 11 or 12...

"Well, how old are you Ivan?" Ethan diverted his question towards Ivan with his unchanging expression. I rolled my eyes and waited patiently for Ivan to admit that he's a kid, getting ready to show my triumphant and victorious smirk.

"I... I'm 15..." Ivan responded while I smirked, wait what?!

Thinking that I was hearing things wrong, I urged Ivan to repeat what he said. Sadly, my triumphant manner fully vanished when he reconfirmed that he was truly 15 years old... with a smaller and tinier body than me. This kid is actually a teenager?! No way!

"See? I told you so." Ethan chuckled while looking at me in pity. I glared at him and returned my gaze to the embarrassed kid... who is actually a teenager with the same age as mine. Fuck, I am so dumbfounded.

I sighed, "Anyways, Ivan... are you homeless?" I asked Ivan with a gentle voice to not scare him off. Luckily, Ivan nodded while his body was starting to get comfortable. I smiled sadly as the poor little kid, I mean teenager, and patted his quite dirty yet still silky hair.

"I... I live in the slums..." He continued while gripping the sides of his shirt, his eyes starting to water. With his appearance right now, I couldn't help myself but to actually hug the poor little boy... I knew I wasn't a saint. I was stiff and wasn't comfortable with my sudden hug too. However, instead of pushing me away, Ivan started sobbing quietly while some of the people looked at us in wonder and curiosity. I ignored their gazes and continued comforting Ivan.

"It's alright... everything's alright..." I told him with an unsure tone. In this world, no one can predict the future and for me to tell him that everything is going to be alright might be untrue. Well... except for the novel but that's a different case. This kid... teenager, might actually die of hunger and abuse in the slums. As much as I want to adopt him as my little brother, I couldn't for I was financially unstable. I mean, I have no money left for it was stolen by him. Well, I can't blame him for that.

"Ivan, do you know who you really are?" Ethan disrupted our moment and asked the still crying Ivan. Ivan shook his head and spoke, "I was a baby when I was adopted by a rugged man who does illegal transactions... When I turned 8, I was lucky enough to escape his clutches but... the slums were even worse." Ivan finished with a loud cry and so, I hugged him once again.

"T-The rugged man told m-me that my biological p-parents never loved me." He continued crying in my arms while I looked at Ethan in concern. Ethan's eyes flickered in a moment before returning to its usual indifference.

"Do you want to get out of that hellhole?" Ethan asked while pointing to the slums. Ivan turned his head to look at where Ethan was pointing at. Slowly, his brows narrowed for a glare while his mouth formed a scowl.

"To escape from that hellhole would be a blessing." Ivan firmly responded before lowering his head. Ethan's brows raised, his eyes expressing slight astonishment, myself included. Just a second ago, Ivan's voice was weak but then it turned to a firm and stronger one. His resolve to leave the slums must be very resolute.

"Then, as one of the most respected imperial knights, Ethan Marginal, you are hereby to be proclaimed as my very own knight-in-training." Ethan suddenly stated, shocking not only me and Ivan, but the other onlookers who heard.

"What?! He's Ethan Marginal?!"

"Ahhh! So that's why his face quite resembled general Daemon."

"HE'S VERY HANDSOME AND TOTALLY MY TYPE!"

The people began crowding us while staring at us in wonder, completely confused of why we are here. Especially Ethan, for he is a noble with a nice wealthy life.

"Who's that girl? His sister?"

"He has a sister, that's right. But they said, Ethan Marginald's older sister is a girl with blue hair and black eyes."

"WHAT?! COULD IT BE HIS GIRLFRIEND?!"

NO, THAT IS DEFINITELY WRONG!

I could only inwardly cry while imagining that I had teleportation power so I could get the hell out of here. Unfortunately, I was magic-less... and powerless. Sigh.

But anyways, shouldn't you people be more surprise to have witnessed Ethan proclaiming a frail person as his own knight-in-training?!

"But more importantly, Ethan is finally proclaiming his first knight-in-training."

"Yes but... isn't that only a kid? And a very thin one at that."

"That kid needs to be 18 before he can finally be an official knight-in-training..."

Oh right. This world has an age hierarchy...

Imperial knights, actually must have an age of 20 and above before they can be called as an "official knight". However, because Ethan was too talented and effortless with his skills, he was favoured by the king and was given a chance to create an early start of his greatness. Basically, he was an exception for all of that age hierarchy thingy.

Each knight has the privilege of having their own knights-in-training. Unfortunately, they must have an age of 18 and above...

"B-but... I'm o-only 15..." Poor little Ivan finally recovered from the sudden proposal, his voice small and meek. The people, however, heard his voice nonetheless and they were even more shocked than before.

"What?! He's 15?!"

"He looks like a kid with the age of 11..."

"He's so... small."

I mentally agreed with the people around, completely relating to their thoughts about Ivan. How did Ethan even knew he was a 15 year old teenager?!

"Well then, work at the Marginal manor instead. Be my personal butler." Ethan implied with an approving manner. I sweatdropped when I saw him giving out a Marginal residence's medal. "You, of course know where the Marginal manor is located. Here, this is the Marginal medal. If you show this to the vigilant guards, they will let you in. Butler Ian will be there to accumulate you." Ethan finally finished his monologue and grabbed me with him.

I glared at his back and waved a goodbye to the still processing Ivan. Sigh... Ethan must have put a lot of pressure to the mere kid, I mean teenager.

I sighed in exasperation, "Where are we going now?" I asked Ethan with a bored look. Ethan turned around to face me, "Let's go at the center training ground on this town." He suggested while I shrugged in agreement. We really had nothing to do and the day's not over yet.

Finally arriving at the 'center training ground on this town', I was pleased to see that there were no people around except for us. Ethan leisurely took his sword out of its strap and positioned himself in front of me. I did the same and unsheathed my newly bought sword, slicing it all around in excitement.

"Oh right! Ethan, thanks a lot for the sword and for helping Ivan!" I gratefully thanked the cold but actually quite a caring guy too. I knew that this whole thing about Ethan finding a new butler didn't happen on the novel and so, I'm quite confuse of what's going to happen in Ethan's future now. However, I was too happy to actually worry about that.

"It's nothing. I'm a very rich person that I could even buy a whole weapon store for you." Ethan responded while pridefully smirking. I rolled my eyes visibly while smiling at him. What a haughty but nice guy...

"Anyways, let's train." Ethan finally returned to his usual demeanour and dashed towards me for an attack. For an hour or two, we trained and trained. Ethan was like a robot, not even a single sweat visible on his face. While me... I'm a mess. My hair is thoroughly disheveled, body totally aching, and face scrunching up with sweats.

"Ahhh! I surrender! I..." I panted, "I can't do it... no more!" I dived into the ground, not caring of how dirty it is. Ethan chuckled and went towards me, crouching to observe my face.

"You are very weak." I glared at his painstakingly handsome face, "However, I do applaud you for you have improved." He smiled warmly and so, my face flushed. I immediately hid it in an embarrassed manner, inwardly cursing Ethan for teasing me on my weak state.

Suddenly, I felt a major amount of air was directed towards me, comforting my aching body and dismissing my sweats. I raised my head in confusion and was startled at what greeted me.

On Ethan's hands was an... an orb of air that were continuously directed towards me. Right, Ethan was a noble and so, it really wasn't a surprise that he has magic. However, I was quite taken aback for he barely uses his magic. Most of the time, he tends to use his swordsmanship skills to battle rather than his magic.

"A-air..." I unconsciously muttered while he laughed in amusement. Slowly, one of his hands caressed and stroke my hair in a gentle manner that my heart started beating in a wild manner. Ah... this is bad... this is really bad. If Ethan keeps doing this, I won't be surprised if I admit that I like him instead of Reginald.

But no! He may not like Kahlia so much anymore but he actually finds someone else attractive now! And so, I can't let my heart beat romantically for this expressionless man.

"T-thanks..." I whispered and forced myself to stand. Ethan, however, helped and aided me with the use of his arms wrapping over my fragile waist. My face turned even more red and hastily, I averted my eyes away from him.

We should probably return at the palace now... it will be bad for my weak heart if we remain here together.

Hey hey! Don't just be a silent reader, vote it when you love it! ;3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 237 34
At 28, Jillian realizes that her seemingly perfect life is a continuous mundane routine. she is fed up with conformity and wants change. Along the wa...
232 94 47
Complacency was never an option. Why live miserably comfortable rather than take happiness with your own hands? Is it really worth the risk? What...
66 0 11
Martin Wind was one of the top fighters in the US. Fight fanatic he was, he kept searching for new challenges and new heights, only for his career t...
98.1K 4.2K 88
Amber chose to become a VILLAIN Amber had worked all her life to become a surgeon and had died on her way home from her graduation ceremony. She'd do...