COURAGE/LIMITS (MewGulf) || C...

By theseafarer

PhD student Mew Suppasit Jongcheveevat, has to agree to tutor his neighbor's son to add up to his savings. He... More

Author's note to Waanjai
IN A NUT SHELL,,, THIS IS GONNA BE ABOUT THIS-
PROLOGUE
1. The drummer
2. The boy next door
3. The car ride
4. The Unexpected Date Part I
4. The Unexpected Date Part II
5. One Kiss Is All It Takes
6. The Messiah
7. The Internet Outbreak
8. The One With The Fake Name
9. "He's a brat, but I can babysit him for life."
10. The Sweet Confession
11. Hallucination...??
12. Hello Gulf, Mew Is In Danger
13. Crossroad
14. Bruises
15. Blend your hues with mine
16. Love with hatred on the side
17. The Fairytale Prom Part 2
17. The Fairytale Prom Part 3
18. Blue Flame (Finale)
EPILOGUE

17. The Fairytale Prom Part 1

5.8K 299 30
By theseafarer

It's almost the end of the first semester. Carefree days have been put to a halt, as exams knock at the door. It seems as if the college campus has been awashed with sincerity, seriousness and the chatters have been cut out. Each and every student have immersed themselves in books. The library thrives the best, with crowds of students either studying, or issuing books. The whole atmosphere of the college gives off a different vibe.

In a corner of the central garden, Mew lays down, his head resting on Gulf's lap. Gulf smiles down at Mew, playing with a strand of Mew's hair. "We should go back to studying, P'Mew." Gulf says, tracing his index finger on Mew's perfect eyebrows.

"We will. I just need a break." Mew says and nuzzles Gulf's belly. "We've been studying since the morning."

"Are you tired?" Gulf asks, tracing his index finger on the bridge of Mew's nose.

"A little bit." Mew says and closes his eyes.

Gulf smiles fondly at him. "Then you don't have to work so hard." Gulf says, and as soon as he goes on to trace Mew's lips, Mew grabs his hand immediately.

"Then, how would I earn money, Nong?" Mew asks, kissing Gulf's knuckles.

"Well, there's P'Golf's bar and you don't have to go around and tutor random people." Gulf says.

"Then what should I do?" Mew smiles at Gulf.

"Tutor me and me only. I don't want to fail in English." Gulf pouts.

"I thought Golf made it up?"

"No it's actually true." Gulf says and throws a silent prayer for Mew to believe the lie.

"Okay okay. I will tutor you." Mew says and pokes Gulf's belly. "You are such a bad liar. Just say that you want to help me. Such a great boyfriend."

"Why? I cannot?" Gulf asks, frowning.

"It's not like that." Mew says, softly smiling at Gulf. "I'm afraid you'll get tired of being the 'giver' always. I do nothing for you."

"Ouhh why would you think like that?" Gulf frowns again.

"Leave it. Let's study." Mew says and takes a look at Gulf's worksheet. "You will definitely top the university with that brain of yours." He asserts proudly.

"Well, the wifey has to be smart enough for the husband." Gulf grins.

"Mhm." Mew rubs his chin, sits upright and then swats Gulf's arm playfully. "Now, let's get back to good old mathematics." He takes his own worksheet and focuses on a question.

Gulf looks at the focused Mew, and thinks about what Mew just said. I don't know why you still think that I am the giver in this relationship, when it's the other way round. Gulf sighs and decides to focus on his worksheet for now.

------------

The days pass quickly, and it's the last day of the exams. Veritable emotions can be seen across the faces of the students. Some of them are from satisfaction, some from happiness that the exams are going to be over, and some from anxiety. In a classroom, Gulf finishes writing the last sentence, puts his pen down and looks at Mild who's sitting at the farthest corner. After the last minute scribbling, Mild puts his pen down and raises his head to look at Gulf. Gulf smiles, but it feels like Mild is going through anxiety. It makes Gulf almost giggle.

"Time's up!" The invigilator says as the bell rings. Gulf gets up from his seat and waits for Mild at the door.

"I'm so screwed, I will definitely fail in English." Mild whines as soon as they're out of their department building.

"You won't, don't worry. I tutored you."

"So corny."

"Well, yeah." Gulf raises his collar.

"So high on yourself." Mild shakes his head. "So, what are you going to do now. Let's go grab something to eat. I know a good restaurant."

"Umm, I am sorry, but I have a date with P'Mew." Gulf scratches the back of his hair.

"Hey, you always spend time with your boyfriend. Give time to your best friend here." Mild rests his fists on his waist.

"I'm sorry. Next time please." Gulf pats Mild's shoulder.

"This won't do. Boyfriend or best friend?" Mild asks mockingly.

"Boyfriend." Gulf says without thinking.

"Jerk! I'm hurt!" Mild clutches his chest.

"C'mon. Don't be like this, na." Gulf puts an arm across Mild's shoulder.

"Then treat me tomorrow." Mild says.

"Okay, the lunch's on me. Deal?" Gulf says and puts forward a fist.

"Deal." Mild bumps his fist with Gulf's. "Wait, why not breakfast or dinner?"

"Ohh you know why." Gulf raises his eyebrow.

"Whatever. Just use precaution, hmm? Don't get pregnant. You are too young." Mild fails to keep a straight face.

"Asshole! What are you talking about?" Gulf hits Mild's head, but blushes a light shade of pink.

"Talking about your hotshot boyfie, he's here." Mild points out towards Mew with his head, who's making his way through the bubble of students towards them. "Hello P'Mew!"

"Hello Mild." Mew says, looking at Gulf the whole time.

"Ouhh, I'm Mild. He's Gulf." Mild crosses his arms across his chest and pouts.

"Sorry." Mew laughs. "So how was the exam, wifey?" Mew puts an arm around Gulf's waist.

Mild raises his eyebrows and looks at Gulf and then Mew. I think I choked on my own saliva. Wifey?! I swear to God, these gays are all over each other. He sighs in exasperation. "Okay okay. Gulf, you can talk to your husband. I will just go cry my single ass out." Mild shakes his head sadly.

"Bye bye." Gulf says.

"Such a mean friend. Remember what I said about you getting preg-"

"If you say another word to tease me, there will be your blood on the floor." Gulf swats the back of Mild's head.

"See you tomorrow at lunch! Bye P'Mew." Mild says and literally runs away.

Mew waves at Mild and looks at Gulf from top to bottom.

"What is it?" Gulf asks.

"You look so cute when you threaten someone." Mew smiles.

"Ouhh Phi! I'm supposed to look scary."

"You will never taste that success with such a cute face of yours." Mew smirks. "Let's go." He holds Gulf's hand and smiles, gaining attention of the students around them.

"People are taking pictures." Gulf gently hits Mew's hand around his wrist.

"So what?" Mew says and tugs at Gulf's wrist, asking him to walk forward. "Well, how was the exam?" He asks, walking hand in hand with Gulf.

"Pretty great." Gulf says, a twinkle embracing his eyes. "What about you?"

"What do you think?" Mew smiles at Gulf, with excitement in his eyes.

"I know I have a smart hubby." Gulf grins widely. "Phi, I want to eat chicken wings. Would you cook for your wifey?" He flutters his eyelashes.

"Sure sure." Mew says, both of them in their own bubble, shutting out the rest of the world.

-----------

"Hello everyone, I am Zol, the admin of the cuteboypage. Yes, I am the one who keeps you all updated with all the gossips, and every bit of the details surrounding the cute freshers or the hotshot seniors. Aren't I amazing?! Well, this is the year ending and just like everytime, we are going to have a gathering! Well, well, well, this is mainly based on the interest of the freshers getting a warm welcome to this university. So like every year ending, we will have a gathering at the auditorium. We will have many activities, and it will be fun! Now time for the theme, tadaaaa! This year's theme will be Prom! And and and, to make it more promising, the seniors have to choose their prom date by courting them! Ain't it interesting? I will wait and see how all the sophomores and super seniors will court the juniors. Freshers, are you ready to show some attitude? Haha, it ain't just about bringing a date to the prom. The best couple will be awarded with a title! Though I know exactly which couple might win this title, but c'mon, spice it up a bit! Don't go easy on the seniors. So, we all will look forward to this. Guess, we will have a blast! This was Zol, the admin of the cuteboypage. Bye bye."

Mew pulls up in front of his house. He looks at Gulf, who's smiling at his phone.

"What's so funny?" Mew asks Gulf.

"The admin of the cuteboypage posted something. She just said something interesting." Gulf smiles at his phone again.

"Admin of the cuteboypage is a girl?"

"Yes. Her name is Zol."

"What did she post?" Mew asks, looking at Gulf with his eyes wide.

"It's about the routine year ending gathering." Gulf looks up at Mew.

"Ohh. What's this year's theme?"

"Prom."

"Prom?"

"Yes. The seniors have to court the juniors and ask them to be their prom date. The best couple will be given a title. Sounds interesting, right? I'm in!"

"Well then, let's go pick up a dress to wear at the event sometime together." Mew says and holds Gulf's hand.

"Why?" Gulf asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Ouhh, well you will be my prom date so we need to choose good outfits." Mew explains.

"That easy, you think huh? Who said I would be your prom date?" Gulf looks at Mew and smirks.

"Hah?! Are you kidding me? I'm your boyfriend." Mew looks at Gulf, confused.

"Well, I am a junior. So you need to court me, senior. That's the game." Gulf says, trying to control his laughter at Mew's confused expression.

"C'mon Gulf I am not gonna do that. Plus we are in a relationship already." Mew almost whines.

"Oh so you are not going to court me? I will accept what the other seniors are going to offer then. I know some seniors have a crush on me." Gulf rests his chin on his index finger.

"Gulf!"

"Why, I am charming enough. As you are not going to court me, I am available for them, ain't I?" Gulf smirks at Mew.

"Gulf I will kick your ass." Mew presses his mouth into a thin line.

"So, if you want me as your prom date, court me." Gulf removes the seatbelt and flutters his eyelashes at Mew. He brings his face near Mew's and says, "And remember one thing, I am not that easy to get. So try hard, hmm?" He places a swift peck on Mew's lips and gets down from the car.

Mew looks at Gulf, surprised. This is no fun. He sighs in exasperation. I have never courted anyone. I don't know how to do that.

-----------

"P'Mew, I will be looking forward for whatever you have in store for me. Goodnight, Phi."

"Gulf, you know that I have never done this before. I don't know how to court someone!" Mew says, pouting.

"That makes it more exciting. I will go sleep. Goodnight."

"Wait-" Mew starts to say but Gulf has already cut the call. "Hoyeee!" Mew covers himself with the blanket and then kicks it away. Guess, I have to court him after all.

On the other side, Gulf smiles as he swipes across his and Mew's pictures. I will always be yours, P'Mew. I hope you succeed.

----------

Mew drops off Gulf at his building. Mew has been noticeably quiet during the whole drive, and it doesn't go unnoticed by Gulf. Gulf looks at Mew driving away to his own department, with just a formal bye. He's overthinking about something. Is it about the prom? Did I go too far and push him over the edge? He is already so insecure about all this. Gulf sighs and goes inside the building. I will tell P'Mew that he doesn't have to do all this. I will go to the prom with him.

"Hey Gulf! Here, I have saved a seat for you." Mild shouts as soon as he spots Gulf entering the classroom. "Come quickly!"

Gulf sits down beside Mild. He's still uneasy about this morning. His train of thoughts get interrupted by Mild who hugs him sideways with excitement. "Get the fuck off Mild! You're heavy." He says.

"I'm so happy. Do you want to know why?" Mild says with childlike enthusiasm.

"Why?"

"I have a prom date!" Mild says.

"Hah?! Which retard asked YOU to be their prom date?!" Gulf stresses on 'you'.

"Hoiii c'mon! I'm handsome." Mild flutters his eyelashes.

"Yeah sure." Gulf says mockingly.

"You are such a jerk, but it's okay. I'm happy today. Do you know who asked me out?" Mild nudges his elbow at Gulf.

"Mmm cut the chatter. Who is that stupid person?" Gulf laughs.

"P'Aum, from architecture department!"

"And you want me to believe you? The most intelligent brain in architecture department, asked a moron like you?" Gulf says, surprised.

"Hoii she said I am cute. Here, read the chat yourself!" Mild shows his phone to Gulf.

"You sure it's P'Aum and not some random dude acting up like her?" Gulf says mockingly.

"Really Gulf?" Mild puts his fists on his waist.

"Damn. Mild, you just scored big time."

"What about you? I'm sure P'Mew has asked you out. But act a bit mean. Don't accept just yet. Let him court you. Play hard to get!" Mild says.

Gulf frowns. "I was going to do that, but then you know how insecure P'Mew can be. I told him that I am going to play hard to get, but he's been overthinking about it."

"So, what are you going to do?" Mild asks.

"I think I will just tell him that I will be his prom date."

"Sure, you both are already boyfriends. You both have come a long way." Mild nods. "Oh, the teacher is here."

It's almost the time for recess. The students head towards the cafeteria. Gulf takes out his phone from his pocket. I have to talk to P'Mew, I will just ask him to join me for lunch. He starts to dial Mew's number, when he hears a voice behind him.

"P'Gulf, there's a message for you." A girl, who seems like a junior from the school hands over a neatly folded note to Gulf.

"Who-" Gulf starts to say but the girl runs away.

"Open the note!" Mild says, with excitement.

Gulf warily opens the note and reads it aloud:

"Want to know who I am? Come to the banyan tree near the central garden. You will know."
          — your secret admirer

"Whoa!" Mild exclaims. "You have got a secret admirer! Bro, let's go to the central garden!"

"Are you out of your mind? I don't want to go." Gulf says, crumpling the note to throw it away, but he stops and looks at the note again. "Who can it be?"

"C'mon! This has become interesting!" Mild pulls Gulf by his hand, despite the protests from the latter. "C'mon it won't harm you!" Mild says, ignoring the curses that Gulf's throwing at him.

They reach the banyan tree, and look around. "Where is your secret admirer? There's so many people here." Mild says.

"I'm wondering that too. Mild, I don't have a good feeling about this. Let's go back—" Gulf is stopped by another voice. This time, a boy approaches Gulf.

"P'Gulf, there's a note for you. And also this." The boy hands over a neatly folded note, and a small box, wrapped in a glittery paper, with strings attached to it. As soon as Gulf takes the note and the box from his hand, the boy runs away.

Mild asks Gulf to read the note, which says:

"That first morning."
"Confused? Go to the central library. Tell the librarian to take you to the shelf 16-G. Take out the book titled, 'Types of emotions' And turn to page number 654. Read the highlighted line in blue. You'll know. Also, open the gift box."
        —your secret admirer.

"Mild, I shouldn't do this. This is so creepy." Gulf says.

"Creepy? It's so exciting! Let's go to the library." Mild says, pulling Gulf.

"But, what if P'Mew knows about this? That will be bad."

"C'mon he won't know. And even if you meet that admirer, you surely will reject that person, right?" Mild says pushing Gulf to move forward. "Wait, we haven't seen what's in the box. The packing looks so cute."

Gulf rolls his eyes and unpacks the box. "A toy car?" Gulf frowns. "What am I? A kid?" He shakes his head in exasperation. "Let's go to the library. I want to find out this creep and give him a earful of curses." Gulf starts to take long strides, with Mild tailing behind him.

The central library seems to be less crowded than the normal days. There's the scent of fresh lilac filling up the huge library. It reminds Gulf of the shampoo that Mew bought for him. A gentle smile tugs at his lips. Anyways, Gulf goes over to the librarian. As soon as the librarian sees Gulf, he gets up from his seat and says, "Follow me." Gulf looks at Mild, his eyes full of wariness. Mild mirrors Gulf's expression. They both follow the librarian quietly. "We're here." The librarian says and surprisingly, hands over a box wrapped in the same glittery paper to Gulf. Without another word, the librarian leaves.

Gulf searches for the book titled 'Types of emotions' and hurriedly opens page number 654. He reads out the highlighted sentence:

serendipity at it's best, he found himself falling for that boy through that unexpected date.

"Open the box." Mild says.

Gulf opens the box to find a cutout of a Facebook logo and a small boat. More like that of a raft. Gulf looks at Mild with confusion, when another boy approaches Gulf. "P'Gulf, there's a note for you." The boy hands over the note, and runs away.

Gulf opens the note, and reads it:

"The picturesque, or you? Hmm, I think I know what to look at."

Gulf's eyes widen with shock. "Shit!" He exclaims as everything falls into place.

"What's wrong? Why are you acting like this?" Mild asks, concerned.

"I think I know this secret admirer." Gulf says, his mouth opened wide.

"Really? What else is written?"

"I think you have a hunch about who I might be. Come to the cafeteria, and I will reveal myself."
                 — your secret admirer

"Mild, let's fucking hurry." Gulf pulls Mild and they set towards the cafeteria.

"What the fuck!" Gulf exclaims as soon as they step inside the cafeteria. The cafeteria smells like lilac too. And, there's no one in the cafeteria, although there should have been students eating lunch. The whole cafeteria is decorated with white balloons. And also, there are Gulf's pictures all over the walls.

A waiter approaches Gulf, and hands him over a note. Gulf hurriedly opens the note and reads aloud:

"Be my prom date?"

As soon as he reads it, a song starts playing in the background. Gulf listens to it carefully. It's 'Sweet Night' by V from BTS.

Gulf's heartbeats flare, and he starts to breathe rapidly as he recognises the secret admirer. He looks around the cafeteria, and looks at Mild. "Bro, I think I know who it is."

"Who is it?!" Mild asks.

And suddenly, the lights go out. It's pitch black inside the cafeteria. Gulf tries to look around, when the focus light just above him, turns on. Gulf turns around, when a hand taps his shoulder from behind him.

Holy cow.

It's Mew.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 15.4K 26
Mew Suppasit is a scary playboy and a senior in high school. Because of his cold and dark eyes, many people are intimidated by him; but nevertheless...
93K 4.6K 11
Mew, the young CEO of Suppasit Corp. is kinda forced into an arranged marriage with a soccer player the nation's going wild over. His spouse is far...
16.6K 798 8
MewGulf is BESTFRND FOREVER, but Gulf have feelings for the latter for more than friends, more than bestfriend... everyday he saw their uni's girls t...
275K 13.2K 87
Hello guys!!!!! This is Chubby!!! ᐠ( ᐛ )ᐟ Well this book is a completed book and due to some own reasons got deleted. But now as all readers want t...