citlalmina ☼ s. rogers

By sky-walkxr

A Mexican-American woman has been reincarnated as the Aztec Sun God Huitzilopochtli, granting her the abiliti... More

O
O.I
S
O.II
I.I
I.II
I.III
I.IV
I.V
I.VI
I.VII
I.VIII
I.IX
I.X
I.XI
I.XII
I.XIII
I.XIV
I.XV
I.XVI
I.XVII
I.XVIII
I.XIX
I.XX
I.XXI
I.XXII
I.XXIV
I.XXV
I.XXVI
I.XXVII
I.XVIII
II.O
II.S
II.O.I
II.I
II.II
II.III
II.IV
II.V
II.VI
II.VII
II.VIII
II.IX
II.X
II.XI
II.XII
II.XIII
II.XIV
II.XV
II.XVI
II.XVII
III.O
III.O.I
III.I
III.II
III.III
III.IV
III.III.V
III.V
III.VI
III.VII

I.XXIII

1.1K 41 11
By sky-walkxr

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
•THE BEST TEAM•
LONDON
OLD BELL TAVERN
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

"Oh, Elenara," Peggy exclaimed, her fingers tracing the stitches of her dress. "It's gorgeous." The sun goddess smiled and twirled playfully. She wore another one of the dresses her grandmother had recently sent. It was a pure white dress that clung comfortably to her body, accentuating her curves.

She was surprised that her grandmother had sent her a dress such as this. It was cut low, showing her cleavage as Xiuh peacefully rested, coiled around her neck with golden scales. Roses were stitched all over the lower part of her dress and chest. Her creme heels clacked loudly against the cement floor. The soft wind blew a few strands of hair that escaped her braided bun with magnolia flowers weaved within it.

"Thank you, Peggy. You look amazing." Peggy looked beautiful in her crimson red dress. Elenara envied her much larger hips and chest. Compared to her, Peggy was the actual goddess.

"You're lucky you got. . " Elenara jokingly held out her hands over her chest. Peggy got the gist of it and scoffed.

"They aren't everything, believe me." She then proceeded to place her hand on the small of her back. "My back hates me for them."

"Still, better to have something than nothing at all." Peggy gasped and softly pushed her shoulder.

"Oh, please! If I was a lad I'd be all over you."

"Peggy, if you thought of me that way, why didn't you say so?" Elenara batted her eyelashes while placing a hand over her lips. Peggy smirked and went along with the joke.

"I was waiting for the perfect moment to confess my love for you." The two girls burst into laughter as they held onto each other.

"Well, we're here." They stopped in front of the bar and Elenara anxiously bit her lip.

"What are you so nervous about?" A blush of embarrassment spread across her tan cheeks.

"I'm not nervous!"

"You've been biting you lip nearly the entire way." Peggy told her, pointing to her raw bottom lip. She took her lipstick from her bra and carefully reapplied it to her lips.

"You keep lipstick in there?" She asked with a raise of her brow. Peggy shrugged as he placed it back inside.

"Among other things, but back to what I said." Peggy pulled her to the side as people walked inside the bar.

"Is it because of Rogers?" Elenara deeply sighed and looked away sheepishly.

"Maybe. . ." Peggy softly smiled.

"Do you love him, Elenara?" Her brown eyes bore into hers.

"Yes, I do." She admitted to her without hesitation. Her heart raced wildly, this was the first time she's told someone, but of course it didn't need saying.

"Then there's nothing to worry about." Elenara gaped at her. Did she really think it was that easy?

"There's everything to worry about. He could not—"

"Not love you back? Don't be ridiculous." Peggy laughed at her obliviousness. "The bloke has fallen head over heels for you. It's so obvious to everyone, but you. Trust me, Steve loves you more than you know." Elenara remained quiet, letting Peggy's words sink in.

He loves me?

"It's okay to be nervous, but don't let it hold you back or you'll regret it." The young goddess nodded and hugged Peggy closely. She loved her so much.  Elenara was so lucky to have someone like her in her life. She's one of the few that she's determine to keep in her life.

"Thank you, Peg."

"I'm just doing what any friend would."

"Let's go in." With their arms interlocked, they stepped inside the building. The sound of the piano joyfully resonated along with singing. The agents smiled at each other as they stepped inside the bar. The overwhelming smell of alcohol reached their noses with a sniff.

The bar immediately went quiet, the head of every man turned their way, mouths gaping. Elenara wasn't a stranger to catching the eyes of men. Although, the way the did it in such a dramatic way was odd to her. She sent a wave to the twins that drank along with the group of men that they have grown close with.

"Ladies." Dum dum tipped his hat and the rest of the men sent their greetings.

"Hello, gentlemen. You wouldn't happen to know where the Captain is, would you?" The men exchange smirks as they watched Elenara nervously bite her lip.

"Right down there." Jacques pointed with his index finger. Peggy nudged her to his direction, she stumbled slightly, her heels clacking loudly.

"Good luck!" They shouted with large smiles plastered

"Join us for a song later, señorita!"  Elenara turned her head and nodded, quickly walking down the wooden floors. Her tan fingers grasped the doorframe and she peeked her head through as her heart raced.

To her surprise, Steve and Bucky were watching her with wide eyes.

"Hey, boys." She sheepishly smiled, her dimples deepening into her cheeks.

"Hi." They stuttered in unison. Steve's blue eyes couldn't help but admire her white dress with a faint blush on his cheeks. As his eyes met hers, his heart skipped a beat and was prancing around his chest.

"Uh, Howard has some equipment he wants you to try," They stared intently into each others eyes. Bucky's eyes flickered to both of them and immediately felt smaller. He's been so used to the one getting the girl and Steve to be left out. "Does tomorrow morning sound good?" Steve repeatedly nodded.

"Y-yes, sounds perfect." As she turned her head to gaze on the men that happily sang along, Steve let his eyes roam her body, basking in every single detail his mind could capture. Not only did she have the powers of a goddess, but Gods, she had the beauty of one too.

"I might sing a song later and maybe even dance." She spoke with a bright smile on her face as wisps of hair framed her jaw.

"What are we waiting for?" Bucky chuckled, not stopping the words from jumbling from his mouth. Elenara returned her gaze to Steve, her eyes holding a twinkle of happiness.

"The right partner."

"Hey! When ya' gonna sing us a song?!" A loud slurred voice called out.

"Quiet! You damn fool!"

"Callate, pendejo."

"I guess that your cue, Citlalmina." Steve teased, using her stage name. Elenara laughed and nodded.

"I'll be on my way then, Captain America." Elenara promptly exited the room as Steve's eyes followed her out.

"So, when did this happen?" Bucky asked, taking a swig of his beer. His shoulders shrugged and he couldn't help the smile that was plastered on his face.

"I dunno." He admitted, his fingers tracing the table's wooden lines. "We got a lot closer at camp and I didn't know if it was even possible, but I loved her even more." Bucky slowly nodded and gulped down what was left in his cup. He felt happy for him, he truly did, yet he couldn't stop the jealousy creep up.

"Well, don't screw it up." He playfully slapped his back and stood from the stool, empty beer mug at hand. "She's a different kind of gal, not one you come across often. I mean she's a fucking goddess. . . literally." Bucky exclaimed, not yet being able to wrap his head around the fact. Hell, he couldn't even believe Steve was still taller than him.

"I won't." His ears caught the sound of the piano and singing following after. The two exchanged a knowing look and followed the enchanting voice.

"No one to talk with
All by myself
No one to walk with
But I'm happy on the shelf
Ain't misbehavin'
I'm savin' my love for you"

Steve felt his heart beat jump to the rhythm of the song and smiled as he leaned his back against the wall. Her voice became etched into his mind, forever taking hold of his being. He held the box over his pocket and excitedly awaited for him to gift it to her.

"I know for certain
The one I love
I'm through with flirtin'
It's just you I'm thinkin' of
Ain't misbehavin'
I'm savin' my love for you"

A smile graced her lips upon sharing eye contact with Steve. She expected her heart to race and palms begin to sweat, but it was the opposite. His sky blue eyes soothed her, and the smile that played on his lips made hers grow.

"Like Jack Horner
In the corner
Don't go nowhere
What do I care?
Your kisses are worth waitin' for
Believe me"

The pianist skimmed his fingers quickly across the keys, changing the tone of the song to a much more playful mood. A trumpet blared loudly as the symbols clacked under the drumstick. The men cheered and began dancing, waving their hands wildly. Elenara quickly went towards Steve and grabbed his hand, pulling him to the center.

"Elle, I—" Elenara pressed her finger against his lips.

"Don't give me your excuses. You're not going to step on my toes." A shiver ran down his spine and goosebumps arose from his skin. A mischievous smile appeared on her lips and she moved her hips and tapped her feet to the rhythm.

"How do I. . . " Steve's body froze as Elenara softly gripped his hands as he danced.

"Just follow the beat. Do whatever feels right." Red tintes his cheeks and his neck as he nodded, mimicking her actions. A laugh rang in his ears and his movements became less stiff. He laughed along with her and spun her around, the thought of war far from their minds.

"I don't stay out late," She sang, her eyes staring straight into a sea of blue.

"Don't care to go
I'm home about eight
Just me and my radio
Ain't misbehavin'
I'm savin' my love for you"

Cheering and applause ricocheted off the walls, bouncing all around them. Elenara wrapped her arms around his neck, her laugh ringing like morning bells. Happiness radiated off them, an emotion the war had distracted them from.

"Hey, Elle." His soft voice gripped her attention and with curious eyes she tilted her head. "I want to talk to you for a bit, is that okay?" She nodded, the petal of the golden flowers that adorned her hair bouncing along. Whistling flew towards them as they walked into the bar he was previously in, Elenara turned her head and playfully scowled.

"What is it you wanted to talk about, Steve?" She asked, sitting on the stool next to him.

"Well," He began to stutter and struggled to keep his voice calm. Steve reaches for his pocket, taking out a rectangular silver box. Elenara watched as he took her hand and placed the box on her palm.

"Here, open it." Elenara couldn't help the curiosity that swarmed her chest and hesitantly used her fingers to pick up the lid.

"Steve. . ." In the box was a long, navy blue, satin ribbon. She held the material between her fingers and watched it shine under the light.

"I've noticed you didn't have anything other than a shoelace to tie your hair." He began. "You always have it braided, so I thought I'd get you a ribbon." Steve scratched his neck sheepishly.

"I wanted to get you turquoise, because you know , it's your color, but there wasn't any. I thought the navy blue would look nice on you, but if you don't like it, I can always just—" His calmness soon turned to anxiousness and he quickly began to ramble. Elenara placed a hand over his as a chuckle resonated from her red lips.

"Steve, it's beautiful. Thank you so much. This is. . . " She sighed, feeling so touched by his gift. It was so simple yet it meant the world to her. "So sweet and thoughtful of you. I love it, No Mina" A smile smile appeared on his lips.

"You still haven't told me what that means." Elenara laughed, holding the box close to her.

"If I'm the sun, then what does that make you?" Steve pursed his lips and his eyes wandered in thought.

"The . . .sky?" He had not a single clue. She laughed yet again and her brown eyes lit up.

"You knew what it meant?"

"Well, it was just a guess." Steve said, only half telling the truth. He could've sworn he's heard that word once before. It triggered something in his mind that he couldn't yet figure out. Perhaps within time it'll come to him.

"You didn't need me to tell you then."

"I wanted to hear it from you."

"I'm the sun and you're my sky." His breath was nearly taken away as his heart raced in his chest. A small smile appeared on her lips at his quiet expression. She brought him in her arms and held him tightly.

"I like that."

≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

"Hey, Little Lady." Bucky greeted as he sat on the stool beside her. Not too long ago they had taken pictures together and Howard even made a surprise entrance only to leave as quickly as he came with a girl or two in his arms. Steve needed to speak with someone and was going to return soon. For now, Bucky decided it was the best time to talk about what had happened right before he left.

"Hey, Jimmy." She had tied the ribbon around her wrist for now and was very excited to tie into her hair in the future. Bucky motioned towards Xiuh that rested against her chest.

"Didn't know the little guy was such a party animal." Elenara laughed and petted his golden scales.

"Xiuh likes to sleep when he can, he's a bit shy." After their chuckles withered away, a certain awkwardness fell upon them. This sort of silence wasn't comforting as the one Steve would bring, but then again, this wasn't Steve. She fought back the memories of her rejection swarming her head and she was sure she wasn't the only one.

"We never really talked about what happened. I don't want it to come between us and make things awkward. I know you hate it as much as I do." She nodded in agreement and caressed the soft fabric around her wrist.

"I'm not upset about it, at least not anymore. I just want us to act how we did before. Before anything, we were best friends." Bucky held up his finger with a smile.

"Are best friends." He quickly corrected. "And shall continue to be." Elenara smiled. She's missed Bucky so much. She was happy that everything was right again, it was always that trio of friends that faced everything together. And they would face this war and win this war. . together.

"Until the end of the line?" Bucky raised his hand, ready for her to take it. The goddess tightly held on to his hand, her eyes holding determination and happiness.

"Until the end of the line."

≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

.

.

.

author's note

holaaa !!
hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! so steve had an idea of what elle was calling him in nahuatl, any guesses as to how he knows? 👀

hasta la próxima!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 471 26
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 ❝ there is nothing stronger than a broken woman who has rebuilt herself. ❞ SHE ASK...
1.9K 63 8
I don't own MARVEL, all rights belong to DIsney and Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, and Jack Kirby. I only own the OC. Alex James Barnes-Romanoff is the son o...
55.7K 2K 38
"i think of you-" "think of me?" August had never identified as a hero. She had never chosen to do what she did. Spending her...
324K 6.2K 32
(n.) the quality or state of being tranquil; calm. A Bucky Barnes story. Phase One. "I didn't mean to fall in love with her, Steve. It just kinda ha...