you're perfect!! | nekoma x...

By kazuhsushi

[ hiatus ] ❝they call her the angel manager of nekoma...so she's perfect alright...❞ Desperate for a boyfrien... More

chap. 1 || gym
chap. 2 || club
chap. 3 || offer
chap. 5 || karasuno
chap. 6 || training camp
chap. 7 || crushes
chap. 8 || close
chap. 9 || before
chap. 10 || quiet
chap. 11 || favor
chap. 12 || missing
chap. 13 || cute
chap. 14 || scary legends
chap. 15 || shoujou
chap. 16 || stargaze
chap. 17 || friend
chap. 18 || accident
chap. 19 || comfortable
chap. 20 || almost
chap. 21 || barbecue
chap. 22 || flower
chap. 23 || new
chap. 24 || number
chap. 25 || rice
chap. 26 || slumber
chap. 27 || sisters
chap. 28 || another
chap. 29 || buddy
chap. 30 || spider
chap. 31 || home
chap. 32 || earphones
chap. 33 || melody
chap. 34 || bet
chap. 35 || alright
chap. 36 || thunder
headcanon | how they kiss you <3
chap. 37 || i win
chap. 38 || vacation
headcanon | you with them in shoujo panels <3
chap. 39 || lake
chap. 40 || fireflies
headcanon | theme songs with them <3
chap. 41 || arcade
chap. 42 || winner
chap. 43 || name
headcanon | cuddles with the nekoma boys! <3
chap. 44 || lights
chap. 45 || date
headcanon | their love languages <33
chap. 46 || spotted
chap. 47 || likes
headcanon | valentines dates <33

chap. 4 || welcome

49.2K 2K 4.3K
By kazuhsushi

AN:
S/n = (little) sister's name
B/n = (little) brother's name
A/n = Aunt's name
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
8:49pm

"Lady manager of Nekoma..."

That didn't sound bad at least. Maybe if you become their manager, you could only focus on the team more than on your stressful studies for a while. Maybe you can help them so much you didn't had to worry about Lilia at all.

You could need a break anyways.

As you silently laid down on your bed, a loud knock came by your door which made you jump out of the soft bed's cushion. Irritated, you stood up on your feet, your comfortable yet oversized pajamas dangling to your toes as you slowly opened your bedroom door, "Who is i-

"Onee-Chan, we had a nightmare..."S/n said as she wiped the tiny bead of tears off her eyes along with b/n. B/n and S/n are twin siblings with the opposite gender. Although they can be quite clingy and annoying with you, they were the most sweetest beans that will stay by your side no matter what.

"Again...? Alright, get in bed..." you told the two with a hint of irritation. S/n came first before b/n took the next line. And soon, the two twins were fast asleep beside you while you got stuck in between their arms. You tried your best to fall asleep as well. But your brain and eyes wouldn't cooperate at all.

After your mother left for Canada for some errands, your aunt decided to stay and take care of you and your little siblings in your home. She may be sometimes lousy and a fun to be with, but in the meantime she could be a little annoying. Your two twin siblings were both 4 years old. But s/n was 5 minutes older than b/n.

Although, the part was, b/n was born...mute.

He couldn't speak at all. Even if him and s/n were twins, s/n was the one who was born normally.

You sighed. It was already 8pm and you still haven't gotten any sleep. And about earlier with Naoi, you excused that you'd have to think about it before.

"I wonder what its like to be a manager...going everywhere along with the team all the time..." you mumbled. "Manager of what, nee-chan?"

"Eh? S/n? You're still awake?" You asked. S/n, one of the twins were looking at you with curious e/c eyes. Her arms were wrapped around yours, her eyes were almost closed shut, but she didn't looked like she was about to fall asleep. Yet.

"Yeah, I can't sleep without b/n by my side..." she replied, rubbing her eyes cutely. An arrow shot through your heart when she said that along with a yawn. Damn, you wanted to cuddle this 4 year old. "Well, you want me to change positions with him, s/n?"

"It's fine. Tell me about the manager thing you're saying, onee-chan...it makes me fall asleep..." she uttered. You smiled gently at her, patting her h/c locks as you looked up at your room's ceiling.

"Well, one the volleyball's coaches asked me to be their team manager...and I'm deciding if I should be one or not since I...also have to look after you two..." you explained to s/n, softly. S/n let out a pout, frowning as she faced you with a now serious expression. But for a few seconds, she smiled.

"Onee-Chan, you shouldn't worry about me and b/n...we'll be alright with aunt a/n's arms. So please focus on what you want to desire to choose. And I noticed...that you've been a lot more down lately...Riria-nee-chan has been avoiding you lately, too..." s/n added. Her voice going softer and softer.

You smiled. "S/n...you shouldn't worry in such a young age of yours...and Lilia is...getting a little stressed lately so she'll also be ok- huh?"

She was already asleep.

"Geez..." you gently muttered before tucking her insides of most of your bed's blanket alongside with b/n.

A few more minutes had passed and you had already given up at hitting the sack early. You left the twin siblings down in bed while you decided to read a book at your studying desk with the lamp on. But it wasn't just a book written by either one of the famous Japanese authors; Osamu Dazai or Akutagawa Ryuunosuke.

It was a book about volleyball.

You were already used to studying mathematics and English literature in almost past midnight. So you knew that studying about volleyball would be the same.

"I am definitely not getting sleep tonight..." you uttered to yourself before flipping another page open.

"I should tell auntie that I'm joining the club."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
8:42am

"GAHHHHHH!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I REALLY OVERSLEPT!!! AHHHHH!!!" Running hurriedly towards school, you didn't had time to tie your hair but only had time to brush it due to the fast time. So that's why your h/c locks was loose down for the first time. And you felt uncomfortable due to that.

Your legs kept running forward, trying to tidy your hair up while you tried to avoid anything that gets in your way. Although there was a lot of people around at 8 in the morning, you just kept tripping and hitting objects that stands in front of you.

You, eventually, woke up at already 8'o clock in the morning even if school starts at 8:30am. Well you did learn a lot about volleyball last night so you actually appreciated that you stayed up late because of it.

When you finally made it to the road of Tokyo to cross towards your school, the red light flickered on from the traffic light by the time you were almost there at Nekoma high. "Damn it, damn it, damn it...hurry up please...!!" You kept murmuring beneath your breath.

As the cars run by, and you were trying to keep yourself patient, a bike came beside you, stopping its wheels in a flash as soon as that person saw the red light on the traffic lights. "Damn it...!" He mumbled quietly, even though you could hear him clearly.

When you finally took a glimpse of his face, you knew that he looked familiar. It was Shibayama. Shibayama Yuki.

"Shibayama-Kun?"

"Eh? Oh, Apologies, but do I know you?" He replied all of a sudden. Your body turned white. What does he mean he doesn't know you? Didn't he even recognized you? Well you do go to school everyday wearing your usual hairstyle. You gazed back at him.

"You don't? It's me. L/n, L/n f/n."

You can feel Shibayama's soul leave his entire body as his whole face became red. He started to wave his hand around in front of him, looking at you with sorry and embarrassed filled eyes. "EH?! I-I AM SO SO SORRY THAT I DIDN'T RECOGNIZE YOU, L/N! I-ITS JUST THAT YOUR HAIR- AND-AND, I'M NOT REALLY MUCH USED TO YOUR HAIR IN LOOSE STYLE AND...!"

You began to laugh, which made him stop. "Ahahaha!! Shibayama-Kun, it's ok! Ahahaha!!" You told him before laughing once more, tears already falling out from your eyes. He nervously scratched the nape of his neck, cheeks still flushing in red.

Silence.

"So, what makes you come to school so late?" Shibayama asks, his black eyes avoiding your gaze when he did so. You let out an anxious laugh. "Errr...I was studying something last night since I couldn't sleep..."

"Studying? You mean for the final exams?"

"Well...not...really. And final exams are over," you replied, your voice sounding a little more softer than usual since you didn't want him to know that you were staying up late at night reading stuff to know about volleyball. And he was part of the volleyball club, so you really didn't want to tell him. He smiles sweetly, "Oh I see. Well my house is quite far away and I'm sometimes not motivated in the morning. So, that's usually the reason why I get late. Pretty stupid."

"Oh! I see. Really odd out of you. You're the libero of your team, right?"

"Yes, but I'm not the only libero. Yaku-Senpai is also one. He's really better than me, and sometimes he would teach me how to receive a ball! He's really awesome!" He says, sparkles appearing in his dark eyes as he clenched his fist excitedly.

A few seconds passed and the traffic light turned to green.

Shibayama started to step his foot on the bicycle's pedal, but before he even did he looked at you with a curious look. "Sorry if this is a bit straightforward, but how bout we go to school together? So you know, you could go there faster."

"Eh? How though? I don't have a bike," you replied, feeling a bit more anxious now. He gave you a closed eyed grin before moving a bit forward to create space behind his bike. "Don't worry you can sit behind me. We'll get to school faster I swear. School is still far away from here and you'll get even more late. And I...I really don't want that to happen cause I heard you were pretty intelligent. So if we go there at school together you might get right there on time. What do you say?"

You thought about it for a moment. Well he was apparently right and since you were in class 1 you were supposed to have high grades and attend there at class early. So without wasting anymore time, you quickly hopped behind him and sat down, carefully gripping onto your school bag tightly.

"Hold on tight, this is going to be a bit bumpy," he uttered before stepping on the pedal and dashing straight to school. The ride was pretty fun, you were watching the scenery go by behind you while Shibayama was controlling the bike. He was right. The ride was getting a bit bumpy, you literally had to wrap one arm around his chest so you could feel safe.

When the two of you made it there, the bell was already ringing and you guys managed to get through the entrance gate. You decided to wait for him to park his bike before going inside the school complex but he insisted you to go in first already because you were going to be late. So you listened and immediately ran towards the shoe locker and changed your shoes before running straight to your class.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
12:13pm

...it was your first time sleeping in the middle of class...

You were embarrassed earlier, your English teacher waking you up and calling you out of everyone, including Lilia herself who laughed along like it was no big deal. Talking about laughing at you, a certain brunette only smiled at you like it was nothing.

Sō Inouka.

You knew he was part of the male volleyball club. He was the one who was talking to Shibayama yesterday. And he was also part of your class. As your classmate.

But now since it was time for lunch, you decided to just walk around school after eating your bento alone in the school's garden. You did decided to ignore Lilia for the whole day. Not only did she just kept leaving you but she also worried your 4 year old sister.

So she just crossed the line.

As you were enjoying the view of the flowers in the garden, a footstep came trailing behind you, making you jump and trip on the ground. "O-Oh! Sorry for scaring you but are you ok?" The voice asks calmly. You immediately stood up from the ground, brushing the dust off your knees as you did so. "I'm ok-! Sorry about that I'm just really...clumsy..."

"Oh! that's great!"

'HOW TALL IS THIS GUY?! WHAT IS HE?!  A LAMPPOST?!'

Shocked, you looked at him from bottom to top. He was tall alright. He looked like he was 6 and a half feet tall. He had white locks, but sometimes you would like to describe it as light silver colored hair, and he had cat like green eyes and he was looking at you like you were an ant at the bottom of his feet.

"Are you sure you're alright?" He added, a box of juice in his palm while his head was tilted to the right direction. You flinched. "A-AH! I'm f-fine...!! Thank you...errr...very much...!! I-I'll be leaving now, by-

"Oh hey! I know you! You're l/n, right? You were the one Kenma-San brought along with him, yesterday! I hardly recognized you because of that hair of yours looking all new!!" He suddenly blurted out. You felt like your whole soul leaving your body. But all of a sudden you remembered.

"Oh- Lev?" You snapped your fingers when you said that with a smile.

"Yep! That's my name! Lev Haiba! I'm from class 3! A first year!" He responded, giving you a thumbs up with his free hand.

'This guy is seriously a FIRST YEAR?!'

You nervously but sweetly smiled back at him, both of your arms behind your back as you tried to reply, "I'm glad I remembered-

"LEV WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!" A voice interrupts from outside the garden. You almost jumped. Lev laughed nervously, "Oh don't mind him, I just pulled a silly little and accidental joke on him. So it's not that ba-

Suddenly, a bag was thrown at him. You flinched in fear, "AH! L-LEV ARE YOU OK?!" You worriedly walked over to him, your hand reaching out but couldn't even do anything. Lev rubbed his head, letting out a groan before turning around, "C'mon, Yaku! What was that for?!" He shouted towards a guy with light brown hair and eyes.

'Yaku...? Was he the one Shibayama was talking about earlier...?'

"Excuse me uhhh..." Yaku spoke, one of his hand carrying Lev's shirt up as he looked at you with odd eyes, "Sorry about him errr, l/n, right?"

'Well at least he was the one who actually recognizes me...'

"O-Oh! Yes, that's my name," you answered back, nervously rubbing your arm with your hand. Yaku smiled, "Great. Well I'm Yaku Morisuke. A third year, class 5. One of Nekoma's liberos along with Shibayama. I bet you know him."

"I-I do...! Errr..." Yaku laughed while Lev tried his best to get his grip off his uniform. "Let me go, Yaku! I said it was only a joke!"

"YOU CALLED MAKING ME HIT ONTO A WALL AND A TEACHER A JOKE?!" Yaku retorts towards Lev before letting go of his uniform. Lev laughed. "Hey, it was funny." Yaku kicked him on the back, obviously pissed off with Lev's handy work.

"Let's go, you idiot. See you later after school, l/n. I'm looking forward for you to come see us practice again," Yaku says, waving goodbye to you with a smile along with Lev before the two of them were now absent from your presence. But before that even happened, Lev had just went back to the garden you were in and said:

"By the way, l/n, I like your hair when it's like that! You look really pretty-OW!"

"DON'T SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT OUT OF NOWHERE!! SHE MIGHT GET CREEPED OUT! Sorry about that, l/n! Excuse us!" Yaku says, pulling Lev by the ear before now officially leaving you all alone.

You were feeling a bit...glad.

The volleyball team had been kind and gentle towards you throughout the days you've been watching them practice. Heck, they had shown way more better affection towards you more than Lilia did. You were happy.

"Man...they got me..." you murmured softly, letting the soft wind hit your hair as it slick back. As soon as the bell rang, you stood up from the bench and ran towards class with a huge grin on your face, getting ready to start lessons again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
4:12pm

Your legs were running as fast as it can. The bag slinging around your body was being pushed by the air you were making due to your fast running. You couldn't wait to see the boys again. You were feeling pumped up. Even if you were hitting and tripping on the things around you, you just kept running.

When you finally made it to the gym, Naoi greeted you by the entrance with a smile and a wave. "Hello again, l/n. I was predicting you would come," he says, crossing his arms. You bowed, "Pleasure to be here, Sensei! I had finally made up my answer now!"

Naoi let out a proud grin. "That sounds great. The volleyball club would be glad. So, what's your answer?" He asks. You took a deep breath before saying it out to him, knowing that the team inside the gym might hear it too. But you know that it was your desire to choose.

"Sir, I've decided that I'll join the club! As their lady manager!"

Naoi couldn't believed it. For how many days you've only been watching them practice with eyes filled with curiosity and entertainment, you had finally managed to join the team as their First Lady manager. He grinned, this time more larger than before.

"That's the spirit. Now c'mon, the team needs to know about this," Naoi convinces, the grin never leaving his face as he entered the court with you behind him.

The balls were hitting the floor as usual. It looked like to you that they were practicing receiving the ball as the coach instructed them loudly as he can. Naoi walked over to Yasufumi, his hand covering Yasufumi's ear as he whispered something to him which made him stop throwing balls at the team. 

Yasufumi looked at you with a large smile on his face, "Ohoho! Is that true, young l/n?" You flinched, but you still managed to keep your posture. "Y-Yes, sir!" You slowly bowed.

He smiled even wider. "Well this is good news to the team. Alright everyone! Let's stop here for a moment! We have an important announcement to make!" Yasufumi yelled at the team. You felt like your legs were turning jelly when they all started to form a horizontal line, facing towards their coach.

"Ok, listen up. The exams are finally over, which means that L/n right here is going to be your new team manager. Now, let's give her a warm welcome to the team!" He yelled happily. You could feel all the guy's eyes on you. Their eyes filled with tiny tears which made you felt a bit awkward at why they were crying.

Naoi handed you a red and white colored jacket, saying, 'NEKOMA,' in capitalization from behind along with a black shirt. Your eyes felt like it had sparkles when you gripped onto the new team jacket in your hands. You smiled happily.

"Three, two, one, go!"

"L/n F/n, welcome to Nekoma boy's volleyball club!!" The whole team shouted, all with wide smiles on their faces. You felt like a gust of wind was blown to you. Your eyes were now filled with stars and diamonds as you felt like you were about to cry of joy.

"I'll...I'll do my best to help everyone!" You exclaimed with a bow. As you wore the jacket on, you showed them how you looked like in the jacket with a nervous smile. "H-How do I look like?"

All of the boys screamed (except for one) while one of them jumped on the air with tears on his face.

Everyone started questioning you as Naoi yelled at them to go back to practice. He also gave you a notebook and a stopwatch, convincing you that you'll be needing that in anytime.

You felt a hand pat over your head. As you turned around, you saw Kuroo, gently patting your h/c locks with a soft smile. "Welcome to the club, miss manager."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 4.6K 28
INCOMPLETE You're Kuroo (y/n), (younger sister of Kuroo Tetsurou) a first year at Nekoma and new manager of Nekoma VBC. You're usually quite shy, un...
2.2K 63 29
Go Yerim is a foreign exchange student who moved to Japan on her first year of High School. Her mentor being a Pro Volleyball Player recommend her t...
16.8K 448 15
[discontinued] "𝚈'𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚊𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝙻𝚎�...
71.2K 2.6K 28
(Completed) She looked up " I'd like to think they are like stars, one has a purpose, or for a person. Each one will leave its mark, good or bad." Sh...