Falling For Grumpy

asmaa-auwal tarafından

"What's your name?" Came his voice "It's Islam" she said carefully. Why would her voice betray her? That wa... Daha Fazla

First and foremost
1 | When Africa calls
2 | The Antsy cat
3 | The Khalil's
4 | First Encounter vs Crashing his Fav
5 | How to know the African culture
6 | How to fish out a kind soul
7 | How to terminate a baby
💖💦
8| How to advice a best pal
9 |How to wash elegant gowns
10 | How to be realistic
11 | The twins and the Hippo
12 | How to bid adieus
13 | How to break an oven
14 | How to be gorgeous yet ruiner
15 | How to be at your fav Aunt's
16 | How to have a grumbling gut
17 | How to expose oneself
18 | How to shop for the sick
19 | How to have blood phobia
20 | how to be the laugh of century
21 | flight phobia
23 | doctors' brains!
24 | he's juhaif the grump!
25 | how to be shattered
26 | how to be certified as chef
27 | how to have hennah
28 | How to receive a green tea
29 | how to dodge a slap!
30 | how to have shattered hearts!
31| how to be embarassed to the core
32| how to spill a coffee!
33| how to find a library
34| how to meet new peeps!
35| popcorn and cinema
36| Repenting slave
37| different persona off camera
A year on venus
Diary of Reshma

22 | the amazing mom!

211 36 5
asmaa-auwal tarafından

They arrived at their house and ofcourse Islam had seen farms everywhere. And right there she knew she couldn't wait to visit.

They both prayed and ate food. The maids had really put an effort in to cooking. They cooked several dishes.

After they finished eating, the call for adhan started. Everyone was at the parlor. Dad and Juhaif made way to go to the masjid and they saw as Dad went to his room and wore a jallabiya(a plane gown worn by Muslim men) and slippers, while looking at the girls he said, "you see why I love it here? Very peaceful town that you can afford a simple life. Juhaif come on let's go."

Everyone chuckled at that and they left for the mosque.

Exactly around 8:00 pm seeing they weren't about to have dinner since they only finished eating a late lunch few hours earlier, they decided to just seat in the parlor and press their phones. Husnah uploaded Islam's pic on Instagram-the one she snapped her earlier on with traditional clothes on and captioned it 'guess this is how you tell the media you got a cute cousin!'

Just few seconds after, she saw Juhaif who was at the parlor too and pressing phone liked and even commented. Like he actually commented on that pic! Guy rarely likes any pic on ig, talk more of commenting. He believes his time is precious. Besides, upon all the pics Husna been posting he'd never for once commented on any. He never ever comments on anything in his social media life, well he hardly even do the social life, talk more of the media aspect of it.

He isn't even following much. Just ten accounts; five medicine related, the twins —Fawad and Fahad, Husna, Lubna and Aunt saudah. He isn't following Nora either.

"Tomorrow is my father's birthday. I want to surprise him." Islam blurted out of nowhere.

"So what do you plan on doing or buying for him?" Husna asked.

"Money won't impress him. I want to do something worth remembering."

They heard Juhaif mumbled something. Islam didn't hear what he said But husna did. So she started laughing.

"What?" Islam asked. But Husna just shook her head and said nothing. How could she told her that he said she might as well fly back to her country and break some of his things it will be worth remembering.

When Husna wasn't about to tell her she continued, "I was thinking of baking a cake for him and we will sing a birthday song for him along with the cake over face time? How is that?" Islam voiced out happily.

Juhaif who was literally hearing everything they were saying huffed out an air and shook his head, he wonders whose kitchen she is going to use to bake a cake after everything, a flash of Islam's body on floor along with the broken oven flashed on his head and also the huge fire he had to extinguish as result of her carelessness, truly the Khalil's mansion is experiencing some life threatening issues due to this girl, her audacity to even think she can use the kitchen again! Allah knows he is looking forward to the day this girl will pack her clothes and go back to her country. He's tired of seeing her face already, who even suggested that she come to this place in the first place. He is sure no one invited her, her coming to Nigeria is one of the miserable things to ever happen to him in life. She is not a small child but always act like one. Even a five year old is more sensible than her. Argghhhh. He can't wait for the day she will leave his house in peace! That day everyone's heart will finally be at peace.

On the other hand Husna's fingers flew to her mouth as the corners of her eyes creaked. Her mouths went wide open as she smiled at Islam.

"You are a genius you know that? You are a freaking genius baby!!!" Husna complimented, thinking it's a great idea that Islam could bake a cake for her father.

Islam took Husna in a hug as she thanked her. While Juhaif shook his head as he could see another oven being crashed tomorrow. He didn't say anything though.

"You see Husna, the thing is I always look at my life from so many perspectives. I always ask Allah what I did so right to deserve some things! Again i'll quickly scold myself to stop, no idea why, but I always think it might be the work of shaytan. I'm not sure if it's wrong doing that or not.

I always find myself in tears, while thinking of so many things my father did for me. He did a lot and Allah knows. I wasn't lucky to grow up with my mom, but he never made me feel hollow in the inside about that. He didn't add on marriage, he decided to be there for me, to give me all the love I never deserved. I know I don't deserve all he's doing for me, but if I do, then I wonder what I did so right to deserve that. Astagfirullah! I know in the first place we don't deserve anything on earth, as Muslims we can try hard to please our Lord, but we can't ever do enough, everything we are benefitting off from is out of Allah's mercy and out of the favours of our Lord upon us for the sake of prophet Rasul may peace be upon him.

My father is the best thing to ever happen to me in life. He gave his all while raising me. Alhamdulillah( I thank Allah.)

If my father could love me this much, I wonder how vast is the love of Allah towards me. Ya Allah please guide me and Husna to the right path, let me not witness the day i'll deviate from you. Let me not witness the day Husna will deviate away from you. Let me not ever be ungrateful to you, and if I do, remind me to earnestly repent. My Lord, my Rabb grant equal to Muslim ummah(all Muslims.) You're The Most Forgiving. The Most Merciful. Astagfirullah. Alhamdulillah. So happy for my deen Islam and my father and my Nigerian family. Alhamdulillah!" She prayed raising her hands up to Allah, to answer her du'a.

Once she was done she turned to look at Husna as the latter sniffed her nose and wiped away her eyes.

"May peace be upon him." Husna added referring to when Islam called on Allah's prophet's name.

"What are we? Are we sisters? Are we best friends? Tell me Islam, who are you to me?" Husna stated, her emotions running all over the place.

"We are people that love each other for the sake of Allah. People that wants to see each other progress for the sake of Allah. People that won't want to ever drift away from each other for the sake of Allah." Islam said.

Husna threw her arms at Islam and hugged her so tight.

"Don't ever stop being that to me." Husna warned! Meaning Islam should always remain a sister to her regardless of what they might ever come across in life. On the other hand Juhaif was just looking at them, it kind of melted his heart how miss clumsy prayed for Husna, to him anyone that loves Husna deserves some respect from him, he's glad his baby sister Husna found a sister in Islam. However he just can't understand what Islam meant by 'people that won't want to ever drift away from each other' he hopes she isn't talking about being here to stay, obviously he will wants her to go back to her place someday.

Just then one of the maids came over and they broke the hug and greeted her.

"This is Hajia Ladi. She's one of my fav on earth. And if you need anything here, you can ask her." Husna introduced her to Islam as the latter smiled.

"Please I would love to explore some of the farms here tomorrow in the evening. Would you help?" Islam asked Hajia ladi.

Hajia Ladi squeezed her eyes a bit, clearly she didn't understand what Islam said as her English isn't very great, so Husna repeated what Islam said in Hausa, it was obvious she was having difficulties getting Islam's accent. Plus she talked very fast. Seeing people down here don't talk that fast. So, she nodded and smiled at Islam.

"Hajia Ladi where's my boy?" Husna asked.

"He's at home. I left him there." She said.

"Did he know I was coming?" Husna asked.

"Of course not. I didn't tell him, if not he would have followed me."

"He will forever be loyal to me. Please bring him along tomorrow."

"I will. Inshaa Allah."

"He's gonna live here till i'm gone right?" Husna asked. And Hajia ladi smiled at her. "You can have him for just tomorrow." She replied instead.

"Yes!" Husna fist bumped the air. She was happy! She could finally meet her little boy!

****
"Ya Allah I pray I end up being an amazing mom to my kids and help me in giving them the awesome family status ever!

Ya Allah grant me a pious husband and help me be his mar'atus saliha( pious wife).

Ya Allah feed your poor and needy and make us be of so much help to them. Ya Allah keep your Muslim slaves united. Ya Allah grant me the death of a shaheed.

Ya Allah grant my parents jannah!

Ya Allah forgive my mom of her shortcomings, have mercy on her, widen her grave for her and elevate her rank in jannah, make her one of the neighbours of my prophet rasul may peace be upon him.

Our Lord, and make us Muslims [in submission] to You and from our descendants a Muslim nation [in submission] to You. And show us our rites and accept our repentance. Indeed, You are the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.

My lord this is the dua of Ibrahim عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ. The Dua that's the end result of Ibrahim's عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ fear and recognition of You after completing actions. Whilst being obedient and subservient. My lord here I am making this Dua for obedience and subservience to You alone my Lord. For I know when your recognition is increased in me, my realisation will also be increased."

Islam finished praying and closed with saying, "astaghfirullah! alhamdulillah!" For she knew the Lord that created her said, "be grateful to Me and I'll increase you."

Islam always make sure to make du'a to ask Allah for children and to make her be an excellent mom to them. She always ask Allah of that immediately after praying to Allah to grant her, her parents and the whole muslim ummah jannah! For one could attain jannah through his children, same way one could get in to hell fire through his children. May Allah protect everyone from the latter! And grants all Muslim ummah the former!

She knew prophet Ibrahim عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ also made Dua for his offspring. The close servants of Allah are more concerned about the spiritual welfare of their offspring especially their welfare in the Aakhira. Another reason for praying for the off-spring is that they may, by their good deeds set a good example to future generations and the nation of Islam will benefit as a whole. And for that, Islam makes sure to ask Allah to grant her pious children and make her a pious child to her father as well.

By the time she folded up her praying mat, Husna was done praying as well.

Islam knew she had a lot waiting for her, as today was the day her father was adding on a year. He was turning sixty one today! And she wanted to make the day a memorable one for him. There's no doubt birthdays are wrong in Islam. She's pained that her surroundings had made her a fan of celebrating birthdays, but she hoped she would be able to stop some day. As it's an innovation in Islam! May Allah forgive our shortcomings! She knew it's so like us as Muslims to be doing things we know are haram. And it's so wrong of us. If Allah wants he would have punish us right away! But because of the mercy of Allah upon us He's always giving us more time and always waiting for us to repent. So, because of that, this would be the last time! The last time Inshaa Allah! She said to herself. She won't ever celebrate any birthday again next year! Inshaa Allah!

"You ain't going back to sleep?" She asked Husna.

"We got a cake to bake remember?"

Islam let out a heavy sigh, "you are nice Husna." She simply stated and made way for the door as Husna tagged behind.

"But what happened to Aunt telling me she doesn't wants you in the kitchen? Is anything wrong?" Islam asked as they were proceeding to the kitchen.

But Husna didn't say a thing, that made Islam stopped in her track as she looked keenly on Islam's face, even though it was dark, the bulbs have lightened up the room and she could see Husna trying hard to dodge her question. Again, Islam had to try hard in begging Aunt Kaula before she allowed her to bake.

"Alright, you'll show me how to do the icing. Besides this is baking not cooking." Husna said fiddling with her hands, she looked nervous.

"Okay!" Islam just said and they both continued walking.

They finished baking the cake and covered it with nutella as that was the only thing available. They got milk and wrote at the top 'Happy birthday Menk Deen' after that, Husna looked over at Islam before saying "don't you think it would be better to just write father. I mean is it okay to write his full name like that?" Islam understood it must be part of the contradicting cultures. So she just smiled and said "It's okay he won't mind."

By 6:30 in the morning they had already finished the cake.

She got on Instagram and was met with messages; all wishing her father a great day. She saw someone commented "is he turning forty?" Then some one replied "not really sure, but I think 41." She smiled at that and replied "He turns sixty one in about thirty."

And right there Selena's call came in, she knew it must be 5:30 am where she was at. Selena actually woke up early. Indeed she tried! And she's grateful for that!

"Face time us together. I know you must have planned on that." Came Selena's voice, immediately her face appeared. They kept on talking before they ended the call, Islam putting in mind to add Selena to their face time later.

And they waited for 12:00 am to hit in the States which was just few hours away, before wishing him.

"Who's beside you?" Selena asked, over the face time.

"Husna." She replied as she darted the phone to husna. "You are so cute." Selena complimented. "Islam been talking about you and your brother." Selena said and out of nowhere they saw Juhaif in the kitchen, and was standing by the fridge.

When he came in and saw the cake infront of them he searched over the kitchen for a broken oven and found none, he shrugged, opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water.

"Really she did? You are so nice too and really pretty." Husna smiled widely at Selena.

"Of course. Would love to see you guys some day." She said and right there a minute to 12:00am in States and exactly a minute to 7:00am in Nigeria Islam added her dad to the call.

"Happy birthday to you!" They both chorused.

"I got a surprise for you." She said and gave Husna the phone to hold.

Islam raised the cake and showed him.

"Happy birthday father!"

"Thank you very much. I can see Selena and that must be Husna and that must be grumpy at the back." Immediately he said that his hand flew to his mouth. Islam had no idea Juhaif was in view. She didn't even realised. But from the direction Husna held out the phone Menk Deen had seen Juhaif standing by the fridge, with a bottle of water in hand.

Juhaif has heard when her father called him grumpy. He moved over as Husna shifted to the side so he came in view.

"Guess I must be grumpy." Juhaif said to the phone.

"I'm sorry son." Menk Deen whispered. Juhaif smiled widely at that, "please don't. Happy birthday to you. I wish you many amazing years to come full of health."

"Thank you very much."

It was after they were done that selena talked to him. "Hello there!"

"I hear a lot about you from Islam. I never knew you are this cute though. By the way help me take her to the farm, she loves it there." Juhaif smiled at Selena and said he will. He waved them goodbye and left for his room, while Islam kept rubbing her forehead in embarrassment. Selena kept embarrassing her anytime she gets.

They caught the cake and sang once more. Her dad was very happy.

Exactly around 10:00 am in Bichi Hajia Ladi came together with Shaam. The boy that Husna seems to admire greatly. He's just four and he really likes Husna. He's grandchild of Hajia Ladi who lost his parents to an accident. It was really pitiful. So he's staying with Hajia Ladi together with her children — his Aunties.

"Aunty Husna." He called out and run to her, hugging the day light of her in process.

"Our teacher gave us cookies and drinks yesterday and we couldn't give him memorisation out of happiness."

Husna smiled at him as she kept admiring the little boy telling her stories with intense happiness. Allah has really made the two of them huge fans of eachother. Husna loved how he's comfy around her.

"He shouldn't have done that since you couldn't give him memorisation Shaam." She came down to his level and hugged him properly, as he was only hugging her knees before, due to their height difference.

"Guess what?" Husna asked, as little Shaam grinned at her.

"You love my name?" He tried guessing.

She laughed hard at that, "of course Shaam I do. I gave you that name after all."

The first time Husna heard of the tragedy that happened to his parents, when she came to Bichi and heard it all from Hajia Ladi she asked her what's the boy's name. She said Shamsudden and since then Husna been calling him Shaam.

"We made cake. Come let's me put some for you." She hold his hand as they moved to the kitchen. She cut a slice and put on a plate for him. Then she brought a knife and fork along and placed it beside the plate.

Right there they saw Juhaif coming in to the kitchen. He moved over to the fridge to take another bottle of water.

"Good morning." Shaam greeted.

Juhaif turned to him. He smiled at him. "Big boy. How are you?"

"I'm fine." Shaam shyly replied holding Husna's hand firmly.

Then Islam joined too, her attention on the phone before she sensed people in the kitchen and looked over at them. She came in to get water. It's getting really hot. Her attention darted to the little boy beside Husna.

"Who's this cutie?"

"I'm Shaam!" The boy voiced out.

"You're cute Shaam. Mashaa Allah." Islam replied with a smile, before moving over to the fridge to take water. She gestured with her mouth at Juhaif to help pass a bottle of water to her seeing he stood in the way. He moved to grab it for her when suddenly he stopped, he put back the water he was supposed to hand her before closing the fridge. Islam huffed out some air while Husna was all the while watching them.

"Fighters." Husna whispered.

"What did you say?" Juhaif that stood by the door asked.

"Nothing."

"I'll be at the farm. That's if you both would tag along." He announced.

Islam grinned and forgot he even refused helping her with water. She found herself nodding at him.

"I'm in."

"I'm not in. Unless Shaam wants to go."

The small boy shook his head indicating no.

"Well it's a no from us and a YES from Islam." She grinned.

"Get ready in an hour then, Malam Danjummai will be driving us there." Juhaif stated firmly.

"What if I don't wanna go with you!" That was Islam.

"Ever heard the word 'that's your loss?'" Juhaif calmly stated as Islam squinted her eyes at him. While Husna just shook her head, evidently she's tired of seeing them fighting each other any chance they get! Even oil and water get along better than these two.

***

I'm in love with Islam in this chap when she said, "Astagfirullah! I know in the first place we don't deserve anything on earth, as Muslims we can try hard to please our Lord, but we can't ever do enough, everything we are benefitting off from is out of Allah's mercy and out of the favours of our Lord upon us for the sake of prophet Rasul may peace be upon him."

Also since Islam prayed for her mom here's a prayer for my dad too and remember to say Ameen guys:

Ya Allah forgive my dad of his shortcomings, have mercy on him, widen his grave for him and elevate his rank in jannah, make him one of the neighbours of my prophet rasul may peace be upon him.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

35.4K 5.9K 37
"Why?" she whispered. "WHY?!!! ABUBAKAR WHY?!!!" she screamed. Her voice sounded inhumane. I flinched and watched as she broke down crying again. "...
228K 24K 43
"ALHAMDULILLAH. IT'S OFFICIAL. JASRAH IS NOW HASSAN'S WIFE". She felt her heart threatening to breakthrough it's ribcage. Cheers were all over the...
2.6K 307 16
#BOOK ONE OF THE MUSLIMAH'S SERIES He met her just when he thought no woman could ever crush his ego, an egotistical conceited jerk he is and a billi...
13.1K 1.7K 31
Ibrahim, an easy going man who can sacrifice his happiness, if it means his son gets to have a mother. Maryam, a broken soul who found happiness i...