New Kid

By IndigoChildxo

Ok you know how they say "being the new kid sucks," well they really weren't lying... "You will do no such t... More

1: New Kid
2 : The best day ever..Not
3 : A day in the forest Part 1
4 : A day in the forest Part 2
5 : Game Day
6 : He did what
7 : Understanding
8 : Books & Boys Part 1
9 : Books & Boys Part 2
10 : Daddy's Little Girl
11 : Gone with the rebel
12 : Then what are We
13 : Home Invasion
14 : Monkey Business
15 : Cosmic Love
16 : Emotion Overload
17 : That's what Friends are for
18 : Friend of the Family
19 : Hot and Bothered
20 : Outcast
21 : New New Kid Part 1
22 : New New kid Part 2
24 : Love Thing
25 : Where was I?
26: Gone Unnoticed
27 : Carmelo

23 : Trouble in Paradise

10.7K 380 108
By IndigoChildxo

23 : Trouble in Paradise

"I think we should just go back to hating each other," I said nonchalantly, as I pulled a t-shirt over my sports bra.My tights clung to my thighs like another layer of skin, and my bun messy as it stood atop my head. It was another one of those Saturdays. I was in my infamous 'not-to-be-disturbed' mood. This past week was hell. School has been kicking my ass, especially my Psychology class. The people I surround myself with hasn't been exactly helpful either.

"Well it wouldn't be exactly impossible, you know how to piss me off. How much longer are you going to be?" I rolled my eyes instinctively.

"Im leaving my house now." His sigh filled reply echoed through out my bedroom.

"Can you just shut the hell up, I said I'm on my way," with that I hung up , and tossed my phone inside of my bag.

I rushed down the stairs, competing against time. My eyes landed on my mother as she came through the front door.
"I'm leaving, and taking your car. Bye," I said, passing her on my wait out. She abruptly took hold of my arm, pulling me back.

Her eyes narrowed with suspicion, "where are you going?"

I groaned impatiently, "I'm going to the park. Can I go now?"

She un handed me, "where's Carmelo?" I scoffed at the mention of him. Him and I weren't on speaking terms. So hearing his name sort of took me by surpise.

"Don't know, don't care, gotta' go. Bye." I tried side stepping her, but she took me by my arm yet again.

"Take him with you, or forget about using my car." Her left brow rose, meaning I should consider taking her serious.

"But he's such an asshole," I protested loudly. I slapped a hand over my mouth, as I realized I just cursed in the presence of my mother.

"Do I need to wash your mouth out with soap, Rhiyanne?"

My eyes widen, petrified by the offer. I shook my head vigorously, "no ma'am! You know what I'm just gonna go call Carmelo, he's probably looking for me or something," I laughed awkwardly as I inch towards the front door.

She raises her hand, instinctively I cringe. When she doesn't smack me, I uncover my face. The keys to her car lie in the palm of her hand, for me to take. It's a trick! I know it, but I'm desperate. Cleverly, I snatch the keys from my mother's hand, before she could try anything.

"Finessed," I chuckled amusedly. Her admonishing grimace quiets my laughter.

"Your dad is going to Italy for a while, be here before he leaves," she informs dismissively, heading for the stairs.

"Oh mommy, tell Carmelo to meet me in the drive way," I call after her. I frown as she waves me off, but walk out of the door.

"He's the biggest jack ass I know, I swear to god," I mumble to myself.

Another lengthy ten minutes pass, as I sit in the car awaiting Carmelo's arrival. Does this kid have a personal vendetta against me or something, or was he born like this? Not a moment later, the passenger door opens, letting the light in. His half zip up sweater fitted snug. My eyes lingered on his figure as he stood there.

I gritted my teeth, "Are you going to stand there all day?"My fingers tapped on the wheel, as he continued to stare at me.

"What," I snapped.

He shoved his hands in his pockets, standing there un moved. I basically kicked the door open, marching over to him. I landed directly in front of him. He stared down at me right into my eyes.

"I'm not going to get in trouble for you. Get in. Now," I demanded, pointing behind him. He raised a brow questioningly.

"I'm going to drive this time," he decided randomly.Before he could, I raced over to the drivers side, and stood in front of the door.

"Rhiyanne, c'mon move." I shook my head 'no'.

"Uh uh, no. Absolutely not, you don't even know where we are going. Go get in," I instructed, nodding my head towards the passenger side.

His chest rose and fell, "then just tell me where we're going."

I scoffed, "not a chance."

This seemed to make him mad, but I didn't care. He was always mad about something, probably angry at the world. His cold hands gripped my waist, jerking my body to his.

"Hey, cut that out," I protest.He holds me with one arm while the other goes behind my back on the door handle.

"I really don't like you," I admitted with much passion.

"Really," he peered down at me. He fingers traced the small of my back.

"Yeah, really," I retorted, pushing him off of me.

He grabbed my hand, "wait, we need to talk."

I groaned. I could feel my grip on sanity loosening as he further annoyed me. "No we don't, I'm late as it is. Are you driving or what?"

I glanced at him from the side of my eye, taking him in. His olive skin glistened in the sunlight.

"Do you stare at everyone, or is it just me?" His tone was indifferent but his suggestions were rather obvious. I sneaked a peak as he ran a hand through his hair.

"I don't stare at you, get over yourself," I laughed. He made this grunting noise, almost like he didn't believe me.

"Why do you have such a hard time believing everything I say?" His stoic face bothered me.

"Everything that comes out of your mouth is a lie, and un believable." I scowled at the side of his face. "How old are you? Wait I know, sixteen. Birth date, December 21, 1997....yeah that mans you're sixteen." I turn away staring out of the window as he talks to himself, because I wasn't listening.

"I moved to New York when I was thirteen or twelve, and now I'm seventeen. I've been gone for what, four, or five years? Yet you claim you don't remember me. That's a little upsetting, given how close we were."

Now this caught my attention. I readjusted myself in my seat. "You know, I once read something about selective memory, maybe you weren't important enough to remember." I frowned the slightest, this is the much he's said since he's been here and it's about me remembering him. "Why are you so fascinated by the past. This is the most you said since you been here." As we came to a red light, he looked at me, really looked at me.

"I just missed you," he sighed. My face flushed, this was becoming awkward.

"Don't look so scared Angel, it's only the truth," he said.

My frown reappeared, "don't call me that, and if you missed me so much you would have called."

I'm not admitting anything. Who really cares if I remember him or not, the world doesn't revolve around Carmelo. A few minutes later we pull in the parking lot. I was ashamed to say my face lit up when I saw Jace leaning on the side of his car. It's ridiculous that he's even here, he invited himself.

I was stupid enough to let him in on my whereabouts. We parked opposite of him. I hopped out of the car, and waited for Carmelo to follow, but he didn't.

"Carmelo, let's go," I waited some more.

I walked over to his side. His head was leant against the window, and his eyes shut. He loves playing games, doesn't he? I knocked on the window, a small smile crawled unto his face.

"Carmelo c'mon please open the door," I begged.

"Will we continue our previous conversation?" My blood was boiling.

"Sure. whatever. Fine, just get out of the car." As as the door open, I reached over him, snatching the keys out of the ignition. Then, grabbed his arm pulling him out of the car.

I dragged him along, as I made my way to Jace. "You're a million years late," he grumbled, as I approached him and his car.

"Shut up." I looked past Jace, starring at the rowdy kids in the park. My mouth dropped when I realized those unruly kids were indeed his friends. "No, tell me you didn't," I said disbelievingly.

"I really didn't, they followed me here," he said honestly.

"I don't care they aren't coming with us, I don't like them," I declared.

"Are you going to let me go?" Carmelo interjected.

He'll just try something, like walking off. Then I'll be to blame. I glanced at Jace as he shifted uncomfortably, his jaws clenched tightly.

"No, let's go."

Unfortunately we would have to cut through the playground area to get to the wooded parts of the park. Jace stopped and turned to face us. "They're going to try to follow us, so just ignore them." I shrugged carelessly,

"I don't care, they better-" Jace's ex, I forgot her name, came running over, totally interrupting me. "Hey Jace, why are we still here. We should go to the-"

"Bruh, I know she saw us having a conversation. Who the hell does she think she is?" Everyone stared at me as if I were deranged or something.

"Calmati, non è così grave," Carmelo murmured. I ignored Carmelo, I will not calm down.

"Excuse me, who are you?" She raised a brow.

"You know that's funny, I was just about to ask you the same thing," I challenged.

"I'm Andrea, Jace's girlfriend. Again, who are you?"

My poker face faltered the slightest."No one, you need to be concerned with."

"Rhiyanne," Jace started.

My head shot towards him, "don't call my name, get your bitch."

He frowned deprecatingly, "you're being unnecessarily rude."

I didn't dare look at him. "Yeah? Well so was she, but you didn't say anything to her. Now if you will excuse me we have somewhere to be," I brushed past the couple taking Carmelo with me.

"Why are we here?" Carmelo asked, bored.

"I'm trying to get in shape for gymnastics."

I let him go, deeming him capable of walking on his own, I as I led him to a different playground, similar to the last one we saw, only this one was vacant. I went over to a bar, where I could do a few pullovers. I placed my chin above the chin above the bar held my feet together. I exercised perfect technique as I went over. These were the basics, and all I felt like doing right now.

"So what sports do you play?" I asked Carmelo as I stretched my splits on the bench.

"Soccer."

I nod my head, soccer is a descent sport. "Are you going to join the team at school, you should. I'm doing gymnastics," I tell him.

He shrugs as he makes his way over to me. I bit my lips as I nervously ask him, "do you want to help me stretch? It will be quick, I promise." I got up, and moved over to him. I grabbed his hands and pulled him up. "Ok, all you have do is stand there and pull my leg closer to you, while I wrap my arms around you for support, ok?" I turned around facing away from him. My body extremely close to him.

I wrapped my arms behind him, meshing him into me. God, he worked out a lot, I could feel it through his sweater. I lifted my leg close to my face to he could reach it, I was way shorter than him.

"Grab my leg and pull it towards you, it won't hurt me."

He reluctantly grabbed my leg and stretched it towards him. It went past my head, I thought it wasn't going to go that far. I switched legs, then I was done.

"Thanks," I sighed. "Do you wanna' head back? We have to be home before my dad leaves for Italy."

As he stood up, I jumped on his back. My legs went around his waist, and my arms around his neck. "Onward," I demanded. He effortlessly carried me to the other park. I was surprised to see Jace and his friends still here. I ignored them as passed. All those fuckers could burn in hell for all I care.

"Rhiyanne," someone called. I buried my face in the crook of Carmelo's neck. Just keep walking, just keep walking, I thought. "Ignore them. Just take me to the car please," I pleaded.

Time stopped, when I was abruptly snatched from Carmelo. Everything happened so fast. My eyes fluttered open. His hazel eyes searched mine, I panicked.

"What are you doing? Let me go! Where's Carmelo?" I didn't care if he dropped me on the ground, I just wanted to be away from him. What ever plans we had today was abolished when basically spat in my face, him and his thick headed bitch.

"Calm down, and I will put you down." I was angry, I was lividly pissed.

"Do you trust me?"

My eyes narrowed until the reduced to thin slits, "no, I don't trust you." Betrayal was the worse feeling ever. To place your trust in someone, and what do they do? They use it to their advantages.

"Are you angry with me?" I stared at him deadpan.

"To say the least. I'll get over it. I'm already forgetting," I manufactured a tight lip smile. Forgetting was a contradiction to my nature, I never forget. Though they don't know that.

"Where's Carmelo?" I asked impatiently. Jace shrugged carelessly. "I need to go home." With that being said, Jace dropped me on the ground, and walked away. I cried out in pain as I landed on leg, god I hope nothing was wrong with it. I tried standing up, had some success. I hop towards my mom's car. That was beyond harsh, and cannot be forgiven.

Sorry for the long wait. I've been extremely busy. Its winter break now. Heads up, what's in Italian will be translated in the inline comment section. I hope this chapter wasn't too horrible.

COMMENT & VOTE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 142 14
I sat in my first period english class, my teacher grading papers or whatever it is that teachers do when you walk in. Soon the first bell rung, and...
974 311 32
"You fucking don't know anything about me so stop acting like you do!". "At least I can state that you've got everything you ever wanted Trevor. yo...
97.8K 1.9K 31
WARNING MATURE CONTENT: MENTION OF GRAPHIC CONTENT ABUSE, MURDER, THE USE OF DRUGS WITH MATURE LANGUAGE AND MATURE SCENES. VIEWERS DISCRETION...
2.1M 61K 63
"You're attracted to me Royalty, face it for fuck sakes," he said while taking another step closer toward me. "I'm not attracted to men Enzo especia...